Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway (17626 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / Reconstruction Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by CharlieMaria(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2016
Thanks be to God
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Ilochukwuka: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2016
Mynd44:
This road is a GEJ project that the Buhari administration wants to take credit for.

Useless government.

cool
**** why didn't your Jonothing pay contractors to do the work. It is not enough to award, but to pay so as to execute.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by ikwubaba: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2016
saintdennis:

Lagos -Ibadan expressway will also be tolled... ALL MAJOR interstate roads are billed to be tolled.

It won't only provide us smooth roads but better security on the roads as well as refuse collection/drainage maintenance.

Lagos -ibadan (sw) didn't make a fuss about the tolling that will be done once the road is completed but here you are moaning.

#emancipate yourself from hate

Even within Lagos. VI-Lekki is presently tolled. Even the Ibos in Lagos are not complaining. Should't we pay small change to drive a smooth road and harrowing 4 hrs on very bad roads with it's attendant risks. Some people sha.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by bashydemy1: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2016
Noblecx:
[s][/s]

is very unfortunate that Gej couldn't complete his tenure to shame you morrafuckers...

But alas what is the present administration doing?

Nothing I presume...

All thanks to God, the Chinese company, the gov. Of Anambra and Enugu state.
OMG do you even have brain to think at all? Someone rule for 6yrs and couldn't do anything and you here saying it's cos he did not complete his Tenure (10yrs)? OMG i feel ashamed for you... The Present administration is doing something your hero cannot do for 6yrs in one year and you are not even ashamed to still support that useless motherfucker.

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by GetWellNigeria: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Lifestone:
I will continue to ask what exactly were GEJ achievements in South East to have deserved the cult support he receives in the region.
For a road as crucial as Enugu Onitsha Road to have been left undone amounts to GEJ's betrayal of SE (also the non completion of the 2nd Niger Bridge).

South East should do a soul searching, and change the illusion of goodness they thought they had during the GEJ administration.

No achievement it is just DAT the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by lawmani: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2016
Wow...PPP...BOT
This is wickedness to the highest order
Why is Sout East being treated so bad
So govt can't fix the road
Fashola do u hate the igbos so much like this?
You ran and fixed apapa ijora bridge
You can't even make the enugu/osha expressway motorable
BOT means the people of SE will rebuild the road with their own money collected with a high margin of interest in the name of Toll with one APC man behind the Chinese coy made a millionaire overnight.
I am not from SE, but this injustice is too much and Fashola should know better and stop this madness. I have lots of respect for this guy but I am beginning to doubt his unbiased and de-tribalised actions.
If this PPP or BOT is allowed to hold..this will confirm that SE is in real bullshit.
If govt has been fixing roads all over the country without PPP BOT arrangement then why do it in SE?

2 Likes

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by amaechi1: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2016
Lifestone:

Seems GEJ administration never completed a single project in the South East and the Region continued their blind support for him. Let's be rational.

Please, your question should have been did he commenced any project? Except for second niger bridge on the even of the 2015 election. I only fill his presence in the pocket of others
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Achiever270(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=Lifestone post=48489184]I will continue to ask what exactly were GEJ achievements in South East to have deserved the cult support he receives in the region.
For a road as crucial as Enugu Onitsha Road to have been left undone amounts to GEJ's betrayal of SE (also the non completion of the 2nd Niger Bridge).

South East should do a soul searching, and change the illusion of goodness they thought they had during the GEJ administration.
Brother ask them ooo.
I be half Igbo and half ijaw!
That Zoologist did not do a single thing for Igbos....

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by holaralph(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2016
redcap:

Bro stop jumping upandan the road is a PPP/BOT project, anambra and enugu will be paying for the project. I don't know what SE has done to Nigerian government to deserve this.
but for many years thieves can attack all nigeria citizens plying that roads despite the fact that many had died on that particular road yet there isn't any frantic effort made made by the previous administrations, honestly kids without good sense of belonging are too many on nairaland.................. only few are matured
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by holaralph(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2016
lawmani:
Wow...PPP...BOT
This is wickedness to the highest order
Why is Sout East being treated so bad
So govt can't fix the road
Fashola do u hate the igbos so much like this?
You ran and fixed apapa ijora bridge
You can't even make the enugu/osha expressway motorable
BOT means the people of SE will rebuild the road with their own money collected with a high margin of interest in the name of Toll with one APC man behind the Chinese coy made a millionaire overnight.
I am not from SE, but this injustice is too much and Fashola should know better and stop this madness. I have lots of respect for this guy but I am beginning to doubt his unbiased and de-tribalised actions.
If this PPP or BOT is allowed to hold..this will confirm that SE is in real bullshit.
If govt has been fixing roads all over the country without PPP BOT arrangement then why do it in SE?
ABOUT AJAH LEKKI -EPE EXPRESSWAY IN LAGOS.................
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by legendte(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2016
Caseless:
you can nevervplease ibo people cos they are mostly driven by emotion and hate, instead of logic and reasoning.

You reason from the wrong side. What did OBJ do for the West to become the chief Navigator? Do you know the condition of Ore road?

Have you ever asked yourself why Igbos hate Buhari? Was Yaradua or OBJ hated by the Igbos?

While GEJ didn't do much generally, he gave us a sense of belonging. He started the second Niger bridge. He appointed most of our sons (these appointees bring their people to government. I know how many Igbos that got immigration jobs through capt Iheanacho of Imo state when he was the minister of special duty) Enugu airport became an international airport. We had the first army chief. At least we were given some sense of belonging.

GEJ wasn't the best choice but he remains light years ahead of Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by redcap: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2016
holaralph:

but for many years thieves can attack all nigeria citizens plying that roads despite the fact that many had died on that particular road yet there isn't any frantic effort made made by the previous administrations, honestly kids without good sense of belonging are too many on nairaland.................. only few are matured

Little children will always be first to regard their father's age mates as kids. This is just a mere promise made by a govt that is yet to put anything on ground anywhere in the country in it's over 16 months of inauguration. Why not wait till the project is consummated before rolling out ur flaccid drums.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by holaralph(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2016
ikwubaba:

Even within Lagos. VI-Lekki is presently tolled. Even the Ibos in Lagos are not complaining. Should't we pay small change to drive a smooth road and harrowing 4 hrs on very bad roads with it's attendant risks. Some people sha.
MY BROTHER LEAVE THEM JARE............... i want to tell those kicking against toll fees that even in the uk there are many roads that are being tolled e.g ( the humber bridge, the severn bridge, even m6 toll, even there use to be charges whenever there is congestion on the roads which is congestion charges and these are places where some people have visited or not yet visited but they can kick about how good those places are and there road networks but they will never support any of those steps taken over there to be taken here.............. which is better an hour journey turned to 6 hours journey with high transport fare with no assurance of getting to the destination safe and the one that will be tolled with quick and smooth journey, minimal treat to ones life, minimal transport fare, time saving, stress free journey, and good assurance of getting home

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by blaqiz: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2016
Akpa rice 19500....Akpa garri 800 smallest 1 oo....good one from baba
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by redcap: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2016
For the purpose in clarity, I'm not opposed to PPP/BOT because I know how stressful it is to use that road in it's present condition I won't mind paying a little token as long as the credit goes to enugu-anambra indigenes for building the road and not to this ineffectual govt.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2016
dickrider:
Buhari will build the erosion ravaged south east that GEJ failed to do and at the end biafra will never come because all Igbo's will become patriotic when buhari completes the second Niger bridge sad
Destitute I hope your region is greater than U.S.A.let buhari your Messiah fix d life and the region of the poverty striken almajiris and their AFO forever slaves first before you spew rubbish

1 Like

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by holaralph(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2016
redcap:

Little children will always be first to regard their father's age mates as kids. This is just a mere promise made by a govt that is yet to put anything on ground anywhere in the country in it's over 16 months of inauguration. Why not wait till the project is consummated before rolling out ur flaccid drums.
THE BIBLE ELICITS THAT 70 YEARS IS OUR AGE BUT IF BY CHANCE WE EXCEED THAT ITS WILL BE BASE ON HUGE STRUGGLES AND STRESS................ @ REDCAP CAP I NEVER KNEW YOU ARE MORE THAN 78 YEARS OLD........... LOLZZZZZZZZZ KIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIKIIKIKIKIKIKI
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Akaujaa(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Noblecx:
[s][/s]

is very unfortunate that Gej couldn't complete his full tenure to shame you morrafuckers...

Nothing I presume...

GEJ couldn't complete his full tenure, after six out of the stipulated eight years in power? Nawa oo, bros you get mind ooo.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2016
rusher14:

Is it true GEJ didn't complete his tenure?
Was there a coup that we were unaware of?
Yes Afonjas slaves and poverty boko almajiris
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by IDnoble1: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2016
Lifestone:

You are irrational and illogical in your thoughts. Wait till after this administration and we will judge them. But for now can you answer my questions and if you dont know what to say keep quiet. Simple.
One does not need to drag issues with the SE people, they lack objectivity in their reasoning and can never comments without being tribalistic.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Akaujaa(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2016
betterABIAstate:
If this government can repair all federal roads in the east, I will move to APC. Na development I want abeg

You too get sense brother.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Akaujaa(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2016
freeze001:

Do ur maths properly. Yar'adua died in 2010 and that's when GEJ took over. That's a total of 5yrs. Still doesn't negate what he should have done or not but just get d details right.

lol...the shout of a drowning man.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mynd44:
This road is a GEJ project that the Buhari administration wants to take credit for.

Useless government.

cool
You mean abandoned project?
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by holaralph(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
redcap:
For the purpose in clarity, I'm not opposed to PPP/BOT because I know how stressful it is to use that road in it's present condition I won't mind paying a little token as long as the credit goes to enugu-anambra indigenes for building the road and not to this ineffectual govt.
LOOK AT A PERSON THAT SAYS HE IS OLDER THAN MY DADDY TALKING AGBA KO KAN OGBON OOOOOO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TRIBAL STUFFS
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by redcap: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2016
holaralph:

LOOK AT A PERSON THAT SAYS HE IS OLDER THAN MY DADDY TALKING AGBA KO KAN OGBON OOOOOO WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TRIBAL STUFFS

Rant all you want, truth must be told.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freshdude99(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
MadCow1:

Infrastructure in the South East?

Is that a trick question? undecided undecided

The South South is miles ahead of ALL South East States in terms of Infrastructure.. EMPHASIS ON ALL..

But lets say I am lying, name what you consider to be Infrastructures in the South East.. I will wait..
Hahahaha here they come again lol
Na so Dem talk south south this and that, I served in delta with nothing to show, to pay allawee Na hell, akwa ibom my guy served to pay 5k Na wahala. Enugu pays 10k promptly and make I begin talk of Anambra? Omo make Una leave Mata jare, all this south east this and that isn't fact. Go down there and experience first hand. I regret ever schooling or serving in their useless south south.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freshdude99(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
buharisbae:

I Wont argue with dunderheads here's the link

pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/jonathan-northerner-actions-achievements/

now forever be shut! angry
Point blank Lolzzzz
Walaihi Na madcow u be hahaha
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by cbaba: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
very illogical analysis....bro can't even hang out with u....u blew it....question was y r igbos so crazy about gej when hr didn't do jack there....just answer smart
Noblecx:
[s][/s]

is very unfortunate that Gej couldn't complete his full tenure to shame you morrafuckers...

Nothing I presume...

Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by makazona(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please somebody should enlighten me on other roads in Nigeria rehabilitated/constructed under Build Operating Transfer basis
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by omnisali: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
dickrider:
Buhari will build the erosion ravaged south east that GEJ failed to do and at the end biafra will never come because all Igbo's will become patriotic when buhari completes the second Niger bridge sad
d.

We'll be very grateful my dear, but Biafra is a religion
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by MadCow1: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
freshdude99:

Hahahaha here they come again lol
Na so Dem talk south south this and that, I served in delta with nothing to show, to pay allawee Na hell, akwa ibom my guy served to pay 5k Na wahala. Enugu pays 10k promptly and make I begin talk of Anambra? Omo make Una leave Mata jare, all this south east this and that isn't fact. Go down there and experience first hand. I regret ever schooling or serving in their useless south south.

Nobody is talking about allawee here Nwanna..

He said the South East has more infrastructure than every other region outside of Abuja and Lagos and I want him to prove it.
Re: FG Sets To Rehabilitate Enugu-onitsha Expressway by freshdude99(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
IDnoble1:

One does not need to drag issues with the SE people, they lack objectivity in their reasoning and can never comments without being tribalistic.
Ur fada left nyash there. Has ur entire ethnicity match a quarter of the ingenuity of the south easterners or are u just being a madcow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abia State Governor Appeals To Kano State Governor To Accept Abia Chieftaincy Ti / Ize-Iyamu, Bright Omokhodion, Festus Ebea, others dump PDP for APC / Exchange Between Sowore And Atiku's Spokesman Over Electricity Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.