Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (44914 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Christian Family To Atheism To Jesus Christ: My Explanations / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ijustdeywatch:

Wow! This is the most inpiring comment i have ever read on NL.

God bless you bro.

Thanks! I hope it inspires you enough to act and not just watch wink

One more messenger, 10 more souls, 1000 more generations, what a victory!

8 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ijustdeywatch: 12:24am On Aug 16, 2016
4everGod:

Thanks! I hope it inspires you enough to act and not just watch wink

One more messenger, 10 more souls, 1000 more generations, what a victory!

Hahaha @ the bolded, trust me bro.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ijustdeywatch: 12:39am On Aug 16, 2016
^^^

@ TheSixthSense, God bless you bro for this great testimony.

And i pray that our God will use it as a divine goad to awaken and bestir as many heart as possible that will come in contact with this testimony, who will humbly and desirously seek him.

Shalom

6 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ijustdeywatch: 1:35am On Aug 16, 2016
youngestland:

pain atheist in the ass why? you sound like a young guy

athiesm is not a religion bros we are not competing for humans we believe everyone should use their head

i always tell people you cant be an athiest because of another person its personal you have to be the one to take that decision after you have carefully taught of it. please e no go pain us because we no they find followers abeg

nice one op I still hope I will get an evidence that there is a god because am seriously searching but till then I they my lane

@ the bolded my brother, if you are really sincere and serious about an evidence for God then i will counsel that you keep an open mind and humbly seek for him.

And in doing this i will advise that you do not try to dictate the terms/manner by which he must speak or reveal himself to you. NO!

Please humbly allow him to show or reveal himself to you in his own way and time and i can gaurantee you this, that he is more than willing and ready to do this.

I leave you with this portions of scripture to ruminate on.

Deuteronomy 4:29 - But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. - KJV

Jeremiah 29:11 - For i know the thoughts that i think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 - Then shall ye call upon me, and shall go and pray unto me and i will hearken unto you.

13 - And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. - KJV

God bless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Part 2: Road to Redemption

That I didn’t believe in God anymore didn’t make me a ‘moral' person, it wasn’t even like I was man of good ‘moral’ standing before I became an atheist but I would easily pass as one, probably from my appearance and the way I speak. But I was lonely - I’m still sort of a loner now but I certainly know the difference - an alcoholic - pretty normal in Nigeria now so we don’t see it as a problem, smoked heavily, had a heart filled with darkness but for the sake of anonymity I leave out the rest.

I also opened up to a lot of mystical beliefs, there had to be a bit of truth in everything other than christianity, Zodiac, psychic reading, law of attraction, New age positive thinking, and zen relaxation. Simply put, I was miles from being a good/nice guy, so becoming an atheist didn’t necessarily give me a pass to live as I please because I don’t think I had much of a conscience at that point-, it was for reasons I mentioned in part 1. But it actually created more room, and so I could clear out the remaining bit of conscience left, without premeditation, I would often argue against religion being the basis for morality like Richard Dawkins would, saying that morality isn’t from God/religion rather it’s by living by the ‘golden rule’ ‘do unto others what you would to yourself’

Anyway, my road to redemption started after I watched the movie 'The Conjuring’ not that I am a movie person but what sparked my interest was that it was based on a true story. So I got the book about the protagonists in the movie 'The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Loraine Warren.’ It describes the preternatural the way it can be understood by non-religious people, because it isn’t a religious book in itself. It explains the phenomena from personal experiences as demonologists (study of spirits), and I found that they keep an occult museum where they display paraphernalia such as photos, recordings, and objects from every case, for exhibition. Some quotes from the book: ‘Some of the objects and amulets stored are so negatively ‘charged’ that just by holding one of the items it is possible to provoke the original spirit to manifest or cause possession to occur instantly’ ‘there is the long black spike a satanic witch used long ago to murder her newborn infant as a sacrifice to the devil' also skulls as chalices for drinking blood etc were being kept in the museum. Now, I didn’t need to go to the museum to find out if they were true or not, I was just utterly disgusted by even reading about them.

In fact, if you get to that point in the book, you would have gotten a vivid picture of the wickedness and darkness people get involved with. How people can in the convenience of their bedroom summon/invoke all the evil in the world by simple rituals or simply attract them in ignorance by their actions. So that when you hear a christian say God said ‘The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked’ you cannot help but agree in your unbelief.

Anyway, having read and seen all that, I realised I had no spirit in me and may have been living in denial all along, without even knowing. And oh how vulnerable I was to the whims of the wicked. It became obvious that living in denial does not disprove anything but rather keeps one uninformed - but I love being informed- and unprepared if/when one encounters the phenomenon being denied and in the case of these demonic spirits, vulnerable. Also, the book caused me to reflect, because it also explains how people invite these unclean spirits sometimes from seemingly benign habits that I may have been involved in.

Now, the book doesn’t tell you to accept Jesus or anything like that, it just advises to steer clear of Ouija boards, spell books, necromancers, and objects you don’t understand. But it affirmed the power in the name of Jesus Christ and God, prayer and religious objects as the only things that overcome the most evil of these inhuman spirits.

Excerpts: “...A particularly striking aspect to demoniacal phenomena is that the demonic spirit is actually moved to violence when exposed to religious articles, the recitation of prayers, or reference to God or Jesus Christ…the subject is not religious because I say it is or as I may want to believe, it is religious because that’s the only power that it - the demonic spirit - responds to. People might not believe in God but these spirits do…there is simply no secular - that is, no non-religious - explanation for these spirits' existence.”

Having realised my spiritlessness, even if I did have one, I certainly wasn’t using it at all. So, I wrote a simple sincere letter to God, funny but I did, asking for my spirit to be resurrected then I shoved it somewhere and forgot about it. I thought, just as conveniently as some people would summon spirits of darkness and control them to do what they want, seeking the more powerful God at my convenience would be better, plus I am sure He wouldn’t ask for blood rituals and the sorts. He is not like that.

Now, I have read quite a number of books in my life, but for some reason I kept having a strong gut feeling, for the first time in decades, that it wasn’t a coincidence that I was reading the book at the time. So, I re-downloaded the bible app, I deleted when I became an atheist, on my phone - there has to be immense power in it, it isn’t all fairy tales. However, I didn’t know which book or chapter to open to. But for some reason Psalm 51 crossed my mind. And behold what I saw:

“Purge me with Hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me hear joy and gladness, that the bones You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, then sinners would be converted to You. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.”Ps 51:7-14

I read it over and over again. 'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me by Your generous Spirit’ resonated so much in me. It was as if a different part of me had come alive. I could feel repentance in my spirit. I felt guilt. And in my heart I said Lord, I knew You as a child, what have I done with my life? what did I get involved in? And if there is anything to go by from the book I read is that I had opened portals from my actions. Oh! hide Your face from my sins and blot out my iniquities.

Then, I went on youtube and saw a video about a man, John Ramires I think, who was so deep in the occult that later got saved by Jesus Christ. You know youtube, so I watched a series of dead-people-coming-back-to-life videos, but one striking one was that of Ian McCormack (a former atheist who repented at the point of death) died went to heaven, saw the glory of Jesus, and returned to life in the morgue.

A common observation about these videos, is that while they may describe hell as a horrible place of eternal torment sorrow, fear and death, when they try describe the glory of Jesus Christ, they cry in awe for lack of words to describe the glory, joy, peace and love associated with it even after many years of their return to life. I don’t know about you, but when I see men especially ones who had perpetrated so much evil cry when trying to describe the glory of Jesus, you know that is no joke. Prior to this, I never knew a lot of people had died and returned (NDEs, you may call it) from many countries. If you doubt someone’s experience in Australia maybe you should try Nigeria. Atheists, muslims, pagans all tell of Jesus, hell and heaven. They are not all crazy I would believe.

So, I prayed with the CBN guys on Youtube, but I thought that wasn’t real enough, I need to have witnesses like in an actual altar call. So I prayed to God asking for a church to go to because the only ones I knew were one of those I earlier described. But at that point I would have gone to one of those anyway, as long as I can get to know Jesus. Then, the next day, on my way to the market to get some items, I got handed a flyer. It was an invitation for a revival service, so I decided to go on the Sunday. I found it was a small church, hard to find even and in my utmost religiosity, I don’t think I would have found it even if I did I wouldn't be there for long.

Now, prior to this, I had been a lot of churches from catholic, anglican, methodist, lutheran, baptist, to numerous pentecostals because I had convinced myself that they were simply social gatherings anyway, by the way these ‘christians’ behave. But this one was different, from the moment I stepped in, I was more welcome than any other I had previously been in. But that wasn’t the highlight, it was the sermon. It was as direct as spear, it was a message for me and it was as if the preacher knew I was going be there. Also two verses from scripture I knew as a child kept coming to my mind John 8:32 ’Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free’ and John 8:36 ’So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.’ Then there was an altar call, it was my moment, and I answered.

** Note, I am not endorsing my church, saying that it is better than any other, maybe God led me there because of how suitable it would be for my spiritual growth. But I am only saying Jesus is calling those who want an experience with Him. I follow Jesus not my pastor - he also follows jesus - or my church, but my pastor and church provide encouragement, even by seeing the way they live for Jesus, and there I hear the word of God. I remember when I got saved, I always used to pray ‘Lord, I am not interested in religion, I just want to know You'

What do I have to lose if I die and find that there is no God?

Ridiculous, but let’s assume atheists are right for a second. I certainly wouldn't miss out on anything if I don’t drink, smoke, take drugs, become sexually immoral, worship idols, get oppressed or tormented by demons, get a divorce, live in bondage by anything under heaven, live in depression, live in fear, feel alone, look for love in people (Jesus is love, we have so much to share), live without peace or joy or love, live without bitterness, hate, anger or live without fortitude to persevere through trials and temptations for the rest of my life.

But what do you(non-believer) have to lose if I am right about God?

Yup, you guessed right.

The truth is heaven and hell are real and are for eternity - I would say, in a dimension not defined by time or space. Eternal life is one with Jesus and He is the source and giver of it. Like winner01 rightly mentioned, the things you think are enjoyment are actually killing you but you won’t know until God gives you His Spirit when you become born again and as soon as you start walking in the Spirit you will discern these things and probably do more than I am doing right now.

The bible says if you are not for Jesus you are against Him. And how would it feel to know you are not so different from the witch that killed her newborn, other than she probably knew she was anti-Christ, but you atheists and agnostics probably don’t know or refuse to know.

Remember, being in denial does not disprove anything, it only leaves you unprepared, uninformed, and even vulnerable to what is being denied…and no one denies death I would believe.

The answers you seek are on your smart phone. Look all over the internet, you won’t find evidence as theses or journal publications, but you certainly would find many many experiences. We have free will, so you have to choose.

Experience supersedes logic or argument any day. So, just before you dissect and critique my testimony. You may want to first ask yourself why you may be always so quick to rebut someone else’s experience before you ask the question.

Another thing, I have been an atheist, and to be honest, there’s nothing to it other than you look intelligent to other dissidents, but it is hollow, something missing, there is a void, you may not know now until you switch to the Lord’s side. Also, when you get faced with challenges and storms of life it is your spirit that fights, not your intelligence.

A UCB physics professor and former atheist, now in Christ because he saw hell and cried out to Jesus to save him, said there is a part of all of us that appeals to God. I’ve been there, I would have denied it then, but I know it’s true. Very true.

Please invite Jesus today with sincerity in heart. He is the Living God and He is Spirit. He is calling you, He is saying 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink and you will thirst no more.'
You may start by saying a sincere prayer like ‘Jesus I do not want to be condemned for eternity after I die, please save me’ and I believe your redemption would already be on the way because He knows, like you would, when you really mean it. And it is His will that you should not perish but come to repentance(2 Peter 3:9)

For those that do not see reason to continue the routine of religion or being religious and are looking for atheistic reasons to leave, Don’t! please don’t. Don’t give up on God. Did you know that it was the religious people that killed Jesus? although they knew all the letters and prophecies of the law and routines of the synagogue, they still didn’t recognise the Messiah, they even accused Him of working for the devil. It’s worse today, so many religious, but not many have experienced Jesus because they have made god for themselves, the one they can tame, the one that gives them all they want that lets them live how they like in the lusts of their flesh. Isn’t it funny how suddenly, God doesn’t have standards from our brand of christianity? The Holy and Righteous God.

But don’t be discouraged, look beyond the charade, He is calling, He says 'Seek and you will find'. Draw near to God and He will to you...(James 4:cool and your life will never remain the same. Taste and see that the Lord is good(Ps 34:cool.

Jesus is Lord!

Part 3: My Jesus Experience: https://www.nairaland.com/3289461/atheism-jesus-testimony/12

115 Likes 24 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by bi0nics: 3:24am On Aug 16, 2016
Op, Welcome Back. More convolution to your cerebrum

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:
TheSixthSense, I praise God for your life. I've also been in such a situation. I stem from an islamic background and later professed Christ (after someone preached to me) even though I didnt even know what I was into. I sought to know the reality of the scriptures. Nigerian churches were not helping matters. During my service year, I had to stop going to church because the preaching and testimonies and even seats were clear show off, no single regard for the poor and needy. They had few churches around and most were the same. I remember my older brother who had just got converted telling me to just seek God and keep an open mind. I had told him earlier that i'm okay and I live a good life, I didnt need anybody to tell me what to do.
I didnt want to be affliated with religion or even atheism. I just wanted to be that free intelligent and self-reliant human. My parents also encouraged freedom of religion so that made it easy.

I "enjoyed" my life to the fullest. What we call enjoyment is actually killing us. I lost 2 of my friends to alcohol. One drowned while drunk, the other died while driving him to the hospital. I remember we had an accident while coming back from a club in lagos, the car summersaulted from overspeeding, no one was injured, we all got down laughing at our drunk friends who drove.

Recently one of my very close friends called me to tell me that she does not have a womb anymore. Do I need to talk about my battle with glaucoma. Most of the friends that I had are either addicts of alcohol, marijuana e.t.c. So I smile when atheists are telling me to enjoy my life. I actually live a better life right now than the sick, unrestrained and devil controlled life I've lived as a young man. I've noticed that the devil is in control of most of the lives of those people who think they are directing themselves.

My being sober still did not lead me to Christ, an ex-cultist made me see the world for what it really is. A man who was active in a spiritual realm controlled by demons started to tell me the inner workings of such government. I started to think to myself "are these things real?"...

Bros, lemme just stop here. I've seen things in this life. I'm more than convinced that Jesus is Lord. Maybe I should just open a thread on why I am a Christian.

I just read your post fully now, sorry. Coming from Islam together with your experiences, you are a walking testimony for Christ already. Yes, I think you should open one. One thing I have noticed, is that the more I tell people about Jesus, the more I feel energised, and have this joy in my heart. I don't know but it's like my faith increases each time (you know perfecting the faith) so share your testimony. I know Jesus partly because of the testimony of others, so you may not know who it may save from destruction. We just have to tell the truth like it is, they don't have to feel good about it. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin and our Father that calls the redeemed to Himself Matt 6:44

And man, you lost people, sorry to hear that. And the girl without the womb, My days! About your glaucoma, hope you have gotten your miracle already. We serve a God of miracles. If not, keep believing and I'll keep you in my prayers as well. I already prayed for you guys and over these posts. Jesus is Lord indeed. Shalom

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 16, 2016
Thanks guys. Your comments are really encouraging. And it's great to see believers out here, not giving up on these atheists. God bless you all. More grace.

5 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by zzzzy: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2016
^^^you know there's this part of revelation that talks about the beast from Earth. It would be able to do signs, wonders, miracles and even give live to images and even cause war
At this point in time atheists would actually have a proof of "god". I believe this is satan's big plan. Since they wouldn't believe God now, the deceiver comes in and shows them signs and wonders and they would be like "now they know the real god". I hope they change before then.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2016
zzzzy:
^^^you know there's this part of revelation that talks about the beast from Earth. It would be able to do signs, wonders, miracles and even give live to images and even cause war
At this point in time atheists would actually have a proof of "god". I believe this is satan's big plan. Since they wouldn't believe God now, the deceiver comes in and shows them signs and wonders and they would be like "now they know the real god". I hope they change before then.
I pray they do. It's the Holy Spirit that would convict their hearts just tell them and pray for them.

The Bible tells us about the fruits of the Holy Spirit in Gal 5:22 and of recent that's all I look out for in professing Christians. How can you fake love, joy, peace goodness, kindness, patience, and fortitude and faithfulness all at the same time. You know it's by one Spirit we were baptized into one body and made to drink of one Spirit 1 Cor 12:13. One Spirit, so the fruits should be the same. Then you'll clearly see the difference.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by honourhim: 8:40am On Aug 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Part 2: Road to Redemption

That I didn’t believe in God anymore didn’t make me a ‘moral' person, it wasn’t even like I was man of good ‘moral’ standing before I became an atheist but I would easily pass as one, probably from my appearance and the way I speak. But I was lonely - I’m still sort of a loner now but I certainly know the difference - an alcoholic - pretty normal in Nigeria now so we don’t see it as a problem, smoked heavily, had a heart filled with darkness but for the sake of anonymity I leave out the rest.

I also opened up to a lot of mystical beliefs, there had to be a bit of truth in everything other than christianity, Zodiac, psychic reading, law of attraction, New age positive thinking, and zen relaxation. Simply put, I was miles from being a good/nice guy, so becoming an atheist didn’t necessarily give me a pass to live as I please because I don’t think I had much of a conscience at that point-, it was for reasons I mentioned in part 1. But it actually created more room, and so I could clear out the remaining bit of conscience left, without premeditation, I would often argue against religion being the basis for morality like Richard Dawkins would, saying that morality isn’t from God/religion rather it’s by living by the ‘golden rule’ ‘do unto others what you would to yourself’

Anyway, my road to redemption started after I watched the movie 'The Conjuring’ not that I am a movie person but what sparked my interest was that it was based on a true story. So I got the book about the protagonists in the movie 'The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Loraine Warren.’ It describes the preternatural the way it can be understood by non-religious people, because it isn’t a religious book in itself. It explains the phenomena from personal experiences as demonologists (study of spirits), and I found that they keep an occult museum where they display paraphernalia such as photos, recordings, and objects from every case, for exhibition. Some quotes from the book: ‘Some of the objects and amulets stored are so negatively ‘charged’ that just by holding one of the items it is possible to provoke the original spirit to manifest or cause possession to occur instantly’ ‘there is the long black spike a satanic witch used long ago to murder her newborn infant as a sacrifice to the devil' also skulls as chalices for drinking blood etc were being kept in the museum. Now, I didn’t need to go to the museum to find out if they were true or not, I was just utterly disgusted by even reading about them.

In fact, if you get to that point in the book, you would have gotten a vivid picture of the wickedness and darkness people get involved with. How people can in the convenience of their bedroom summon/invoke all the evil in the world by simple rituals or simply attract them in ignorance by their actions. So that when you hear a christian say God said ‘The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked’ you cannot help but agree in your unbelief.

Anyway, having read and seen all that, I realised I had no spirit in me and had being in denial all along, without even knowing. And oh how vulnerable I was to the whims of the wicked. It was obvious that living in denial does not disprove anything but rather keeps one uninformed - but I love being informed- and unprepared if/when one encounters the phenomenon being denied and in the case of these demonic spirits, vulnerable. But it also makes you reflect too, because it also explains how people invite these unclean spirits sometimes from seemingly benign habits.

Now, the book doesn’t tell you to accept Jesus or anything like that, it just advises to steer clear of Ouija boards, spell books, necromancers, and objects you don’t understand. But it affirmed the power of the name of Jesus Christ and God, prayer and religious objects as the only things that overcome the most evil of these inhuman spirits.

Excerpts: “...A particularly striking aspect to demoniacal phenomena is that the demonic spirit is actually moved to violence when exposed to religious articles, the recitation of prayers, or reference to God or Jesus Christ…the subject is not religious because I say it is or as I may want to believe, it is religious because that’s the only power that it - the demonic spirit - responds to. People might not believe in God but these spirits do…there is simply no secular - that is, no non-religious - explanation for these spirits' existence.”

Having realised my spiritlessness, even if I did, I certainly wasn’t using it at all. So, I wrote a simple sincere letter to God, funny but I did, asking for my spirit to be resurrected then I shoved it somewhere and forgot about it. I thought, just as conveniently as some people would summon spirits of darkness and control them to do what they want, seeking the more powerful God in your convenience would be better, plus I am sure He wouldn’t ask for blood rituals and the sorts. He is not like that

Now, I have read quite a number of books in my life, but for some reason I kept having a strong gut feeling, for the first time in decades, that it wasn’t a coincidence that I was reading the book at the time. So, I re-downloaded the bible app, I deleted when I became an atheist, on my phone - there has to be immense power in it, it isn’t all fairy tales. However, I didn’t know which book or chapter to open to. But for some reason Psalm 51 crossed my mind. And behold:

“Purge me with Hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me hear joy and gladness, that the bones You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, then sinners would be converted to You. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.”Ps 51:7-14

I read it over and over again. 'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me by Your generous Spirit’ resonated so much in me. It was as if a different part of me had come alive. I could feel repentance in my spirit. I felt sorry. And in my heart I said Lord, I knew You as a child, what have I done with my life? what did I get involved in? And if there is anything to go by from the book I read is that I had opened portals from my actions. Oh! hide Your face from my sins and blot out my iniquities.

Then, I went on youtube and saw a video about a man, John Ramires I think, who was so deep in the occult that later got saved by Jesus Christ. You know youtube, so I watched a series of dead-people-coming-back-to-life videos, but one striking one was that of Ian McCormack (a former atheist who repented at the point of death) died went to heaven, saw the glory of Jesus, and returned to life in the morgue.

A common observation about these videos, is that while they may describe hell as a horrible place of eternal torment sorrow, fear and death, when they try describe the glory of Jesus Christ, they cry in awe for lack of words to describe the glory, joy, peace and love associated with it even after many years of their return to life. I don’t know about you, but when I see men especially ones who had perpetrated so much evil cry when trying to describe the glory of Jesus, you know that is no joke. Prior to this, I never knew a lot of people had died and returned (NDEs, you may call it) from many countries. If you doubt someone’s experience in Australia maybe you should try Nigeria. Atheists, muslims, pagans all tell of Jesus, hell and heaven. They are not all crazy I would believe.

So, I prayed with the CBN guys on Youtube, but I thought that wasn’t real enough, I need to have witnesses like in an actual altar call. So I prayed to God asking for a church to go to because the only ones I knew were one of those I earlier described. But at that point I would have gone to one of those anyway, as long as I can get to know Jesus. Then, the next day, on my way to the market to get stuff, I got handed a flyer. It was an invitation for a revival service, so I decided to go. I found it was a small church, hard to find even and in my utmost religiosity, I don’t think I would have found it.

Now, prior to this, I had been a lot of churches from catholic, anglican, methodist, lutheran, baptist, to numerous pentecostals because I had convinced myself that they were simply social gatherings anyway, by the way these ‘christians’ behave. But this one was different, from the moment I stepped in, I was more welcome than any other I had previously been in. But that wasn’t the highlight, it was the sermon. It was as direct as spear, it was a message for me and it was as if the preacher knew I was going be there. Also two verses from scripture I knew as a child kept coming to my mind John 8:32 ’Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free’ and John 8:36 ’So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.’ Then there was an altar call, it was my moment, and I answered.

** Note, I am not endorsing my church, saying that it is better than yours, maybe God led me there because of how suitable it would be for my spiritual growth. But I am only saying Jesus is calling those who want an experience with Him. I follow Jesus not my pastor or my church, but my pastor and church provide encouragement and there I listen to the word of God. I remember I always used to pray ‘Lord, I am not interested in religion, I just want to know You'

What do I have to lose if I die and find that there is no God?

Ridiculous, but let’s assume atheists are right for a second. I certainly wouldn't miss out on anything if I don’t drink, smoke, take drugs, become sexually immoral, worship idols, get oppressed or tormented by demons, get a divorce, live in bondage by anything under heaven, live in depression, live in fear, feel alone, look for love in people (Jesus is love, we have so much to share), live without peace or joy or love, live without bitterness, hate, anger or live without fortitude to persevere through trials and temptations for the rest of my life.

But what do you(non-believer) have to lose if I am right about God?

Yup, you guessed right.

The truth is heaven and hell are real and are for eternity - I would say, in a dimension not defined by time or space. Eternal life is one with Jesus and He is the source and giver of it. Like someone rightly mentioned, the things you actually think are enjoyment are actually killing you but you won’t know until God gives you His Spirit when you become born again and as soon as you start walking in the Spirit you will discern these things and probably do more than I am doing right now.

The bible says if you are not for Jesus you are against Him. And how would it feel to know you are not so different from the witch that killed her newborn, other than she probably knew she was anti-Christ, but you atheists and agnostics probably don’t know or refuse to know.

Remember, being in denial does not disprove anything, it only leaves you unprepared, uninformed, and even vulnerable to what is being denied…and no one denies death I would believe.

The answers you seek are on your smart phone. Look all over the internet, you won’t find evidence as theses or journal publications, but you certainly would find many many experiences. We have free will, so you have to choose.

Experience supersedes logic or argument any day. So, just before you dissect and critique my testimony. You may want to first ask yourself why you may be always so quick to rebut someone else’s experience before you ask the question.

Another thing, I have been an atheist, and to be honest, there’s nothing to it other than you look intelligent to other dissidents, but it is hollow, something missing, there is a void, you may not know now until you switch to the Lord’s side. Also, when you get faced with challenges and storms of life it is your spirit that fights, not your intelligence.

A UCB physics professor and former atheist, now in Christ because he saw hell and cried out to Jesus to save him, said there is a part of all of us that appeals to God. I’ve been there, I would have denied it then, but I know it’s true. Very true.

Please invite Jesus today with sincerity in heart. He is the Living God and He is Spirit. He is calling you, He is saying 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink and you will thirst no more.'
You may start by saying a sincere prayer like ‘Jesus I do not want to be condemned for eternity after I die, please save me’ and I believe your redemption is already on the way because He knows, like you would when you really mean it. And it is His will that you should not perish but come to repentance(2 Peter 3:9)

For those that do not see reason to continue the routine of religion or being religious and are looking for atheistic reasons to leave, Don’t! please don’t. Don’t give up on God. Did you know that it was the religious people that killed Jesus? although they knew all the letters and prophecies of the law and routines of the synagogue, they still didn’t recognise the Messiah, they even accused Him of working for the devil. It’s worse today, so many religious, but not many have experienced Jesus because they have made god for themselves, the one they can tame, the one that gives them all they want that lets them live how they like in the lusts of their flesh. Isn’t it funny how suddenly, God doesn’t have standards from our brand of christianity? The Holy and Righteous God.

But don’t be discouraged, look beyond the charade, He is calling, He says 'Seek and you will find'. Draw near to God and He will to you...(James 4:3) and your life will never remain the same. Taste and see that the Lord is good(Ps 34:cool.

Jesus is Lord!

There should be a Part 3: My Jesus Experience: The Difference

Great testimony. God bless and uphold you till we reach heaven. Amen.

Yeah go ahead with the part 3.

13 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2016
4everGod:

They need to understand that Christianity means "like Christ". If the life you see a supposed "christian" living is not "like Christ" then he is not a Christian.

We follow in the footsteps of Jesus and not in the footsteps of Religion or Church or the worlds stereotype of "Christianity".

It indeed is a life which can only be spiritually discerned as its a life that would be seen when you allow the Spirit of Christ to lead you. As many as are lead by the Spirit of God, THEY ARE THE SONS OF GOD.

Atheists should try and read Romans 8 from verse 1 to the end. That would give you a clear arrow to the life of a true CHRISTIAN and not what they perceive it to be.
Word! Also walking in Spirit overcomes the lust of the flesh and as in Gal 5:22 by their fruits you will know.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2016
honourhim:

Great testimony. God bless and uphold you till we reach heaven. Amen.

Yeah go ahead with the part 3.

Amen. God bless you

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Word! Also walking in Spirit overcomes the lust of the flesh and as in Gal 5:22 by their fruits you will know.

True words brother. If you would spare the time i would ask that you visit this thread and share your view with some Atheists there who are proud of it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3287289/discussion-strictly-between-hopefullandlord-atheist/3#3287289.126

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2016
I don't see any comments/questions from atheists, or is it too early? I know the Spirit of the living God is already at work and the seed has already been planted in your hearts. I only pray the enemy doesn't snatch it away before it takes root.

Part 3: My Jesus Experience https://www.nairaland.com/3289461/atheism-jesus-testimony/12

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2016
4everGod:

True words brother. If you would spare the time i would ask that you visit this thread and share your view with some Atheists there who are proud of it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3287289/discussion-strictly-between-hopefullandlord-atheist/3#3287289.126

Sure thing I would. One thing I know is that the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart(Heb 4:12) a the seed would be planted.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by youngestland: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2016
your road back to christianity is funny I cant say anything but to laugh

6 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2016
youngestland:
your road back to christianity is funny
I cant say anything but to laugh
Why don't you say what's funny. Or ask a question. I have a feeling I was more atheistic than you are. I had witnessed unexplainable phenomena even before I decided to become an atheist. Have you? Have you encountered the paranormal before? It's one thing to remain in your space and say something is not because you haven't experienced it, therefore it is not.
You seem very young, I may be wrong, but tell me why you choose to remain and why you became an atheist. As you could see, I was informed about mine. I asked questions Christians couldn't answer. Why don't you do the same. I hope you know you don't become intelligent by becoming an atheist. It's just a decision anyone can make.
So Articulate.

15 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I don't see any comments/questions from atheists, or is it too early? I know the Spirit of the living God is already at work and the seed has already been planted in your hearts. I only pray the enemy doesn't snatch it away before it takes root.

Part 3 would talk about the miracles, challenges, and overall experience in my walk with God. Also the strong questions I had as an atheists, as you can see from part 1. Do I have answers for them now? What do I believe in? Which is the right Christianity? Is the Jesus I know now different from the one I knew as a child or different?
I don't have a draft yet but please be patient with me. I've got quite a lot on my hands
You want questions?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You want questions?
Please
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Please
One of the reasons people abandon religion is because they cannot reconcile the idea of eternal torture to an all-loving God. How do you explain this. Does proportionality of justice not mean anything to the God you now profess, especially as His standards for salvation- if there is any such thing are very vague and are often misinterpreted by His supposed spokepersons.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
One of the reasons people abandon religion is because they cannot reconcile the idea of eternal torture to an all-loving God. How do you explain this. Does proportionality of justice not mean anything to the God you now profess, especially as His standards for salvation- if there is any such thing are very vague and are often misinterpreted by His supposed spokepersons.

Thanks for your response.

Good question. You know even Ed Warren didn't also believe that an all-loving God would let His creation suffer for eternity, even with all his experience with the preternatural and using the bible.

I hope you would agree that experience is valid for explanation.

God is just and there is proportionality of justice in His judgement. How? I have never been to hell before - and thank God!, by His grace, I'm saved - but from people's experiences (NDEs and actual deaths) they describe different kinds of torture and it is commensurate with the life the person led here on earth. How would the person know if it is commensurate? Well, a man said on average what people may know about someone is perhaps a little above 10% of who you really are. Who you really are is what you think about and do when your in your space, that's the one God and the you knows. You may not believe in God, so you may think it's just you alone that knows. Countless times in the bible, God is described as One who searches hearts and minds. He knows the motive of a question, as you do, before you ask. In Prov 21:2 says 'Every man's way is right in his own eyes; but the Lord weighs the hearts'.

What is even Justice here on earth?
Isn't it only when you are found out after committing an offence or crime that the conversation of justice even comes up? How many of us have done things that nobody would ever know, things we know are not right, simply wrong, wicked, evil, or immoral judging by the most basic parameter for morality. And being coded is a skill that few have perfected. So, is there really justice in this world then? Do people actually reap what they sow if we only have one life to live? or would they simply get away with it?

Knowing these things, God says 'the heart of man is above all things deceitful and desperately wicked' You only need to go for a revival where people repent and turn away from their sins to follow Jesus to hear about what people have done and get involved with when they share testimonies. You may think something is too fetish for you but I'm sure you've heard 'where your freedom ends that's where another's begin' Many would not say anything and die without anyone knowing about the sins they have committed here on earth so to us who know the 10%, they are good/nice people. But such would find out about the just God. He has shown mercy to some all over the world people have come back to life in the morgue even. The internet is powerful.

Isn't it weird that they use experiences from victims in court as primary evidence for judgement, but when you talk about God, atheists instantly want to investigate if the person actually died, even if they show their death certificate and have witnesses to testify. Atheists should be just in their method of scrutiny, go ahead scrutinise victims of pedophilia with the same yardstick.

About eternity, like I mentioned, I believe it is outside the dimension of time and space that our intelligence is limited to, so when you are time-bound how do you describe a realm that has no time? you probably say forever and ever. Similar to describing 100 in base ten with the limitation of base 2.

About the 'all-loving God' two points:
1. Is there any love greater than giving up the life of an only son for people who are rebellious just to have a relationship with them? Can you say you love someone who is always in opposition against you? Is it even human to say that you love such people?

2. He has given free-will because forced love is no love at all. If I force you to love me, would you call it love? I'm sure you won't. So He has allowed us to choose Him. This is simply how much God loves us. You can have an experience with Him, like I did and still reject Him. He could appear and speak to you but you are still at liberty to say no. He won't even punish you, He will wait because the bible says 'God is not slow to fulfil his promise but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but for all to come to repentance'(2 Pet 3:9) and if you change your mind, He will accept you like new.

Why is there a place of torment and eternal sorrow fear and death called hell?

I don't know, not yet, but in His infinite wisdom who knows everyone in their hearts found it suitable. As for me, I certainly don't want to be ignorant and find out that there is one without any hope of redemption. Besides, if you have experience the peace and joy and love of the Lord in your heart after salvation (I would elaborate in part 3: https://www.nairaland.com/3289461/atheism-jesus-testimony/12) You would have a glimpse of the glory to come in our afterlife with Jesus plus you would know that all the money, girls, cars, wealth cannot give or compare with this peace that surpasses all understanding (Phil 4:6)

One more thing, I have found that people leave christianity because they did not know about it in the first place. People don't read the bible they have but they ask people, who haven't also read the bible to give them reasons to remain or leave christianity. Reading the bible when you are one in spirit with God (God gives a new spirit when you repent and accept Jesus) is totally different. I was an atheist so I know what I am talking about.

Forgive my use frequent use of 'You's. It is not directed at you but I pray it would be useful.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Thanks for your response.

Good question. You know even Ed Loraine didn't also believe that an all-loving God would let His creation suffer for eternity, even with all his experience with the preternatural and using the bible.

I hope you would agree that experience is valid for explanation.

God is just and there is proportionality of justice in His judgement. How? I have never been to hell before - and thank God!, by His grace, I'm saved - but from people's experiences (NDEs and actual deaths) they describe different kinds of torture and it is commensurate with the life the person led here on earth. How would the person know if it is commensurate? Well, a man said on average what people may know about someone is perhaps a little above 10% of who you really are. Who you really are is what you think about and do when your in your space, that's the one God and the you knows. You may not believe in God, so you may think it's just you alone that knows. Countless times in the bible, God is described as One who searches hearts and minds. He knows the motive of a question, as you do, before you ask. In Prov 21:2 says 'Every man's way is right in his own eyes; but the Lord weighs the hearts'.

What is even Justice here on earth?
Isn't it only when you are found out after committing an offence or crime that the conversation of justice even comes up? How many of us have done things that nobody would ever know, things we know are not right, simply wrong, wicked, evil, or immoral judging by the most basic parameter for morality. And being coded is a skill that few have perfected. So, is there really justice in this world then? Do people actually reap what they sow if we only have one life to live? or would they simply get away with it?

Knowing these things, God says 'the heart of man is above all things deceitful and desperately wicked' You only need to go for a revival where people repent and turn away from their sins to follow Jesus to hear about what people have done and get involved with when they share testimonies. You may think something is too fetish for you but I'm sure you've heard 'where your freedom ends that's where another's begin' Many would not say anything and die without anyone knowing about the sins they have committed here on earth so to us who know the 10%, they are good/nice people. But such would find out about the just God. He has shown mercy to some all over the world people have come back to life in the morgue even. The internet is powerful.

Isn't it weird that they use experiences from victims in court as primary evidence for judgement, but when you talk about God, atheists instantly want to investigate if the person actually died, even if they show their death certificate and have witnesses to testify. Atheists should be just in their method of scrutiny, go ahead scrutinise victims of pedophilia with the same yardstick.

About eternity, like I mentioned, I believe it is outside the dimension of time and space that our intelligence is limited to, so when you are time-bound how do you describe a realm that has no time? you probably say forever and ever. Similar to describing 100 in base ten with the limitation of base 2.

About the 'all-loving God' two points:
1. Is there any love greater than giving up the life of an only son for people who are rebellious just to have a relationship with them? Can you say you love someone who is always in opposition against you? Is it even human to say that you love such people?

2. He has given free-will because forced love is no love at all. If I force you to love me, would you call it love? I'm sure you won't. So He has allowed us to choose Him. This is simply how much God loves us. You can have an experience with Him, like I did and still reject Him. He could appear and speak to you but you are still at liberty to say no. He won't even punish you, He will wait because the bible says 'God is not slow to fulfil his promise but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but for all to come to repentance'(2 Pet 3:9) and if you change your mind, He will accept you like new.

Why is there a place of torment and eternal sorrow fear and death called hell?

I don't know, not yet, but in His infinite wisdom who knows everyone in their hearts found it suitable. As for me, I certainly don't want to be ignorant and find out that there is one without any hope of redemption. Besides, if you have experience the peace and joy and love of the Lord in your heart after salvation (I would elaborate in part 3) You would have a glimpse of the glory to come in our afterlife with Jesus plus you would know that all the money, girls, cars, wealth cannot give or compare with this peace that surpasses all understanding (Phil 4:6)

One more thing, I have found that people leave christianity because they did not know about it in the first place. People don't read the bible they have but they ask people, who haven't also read the bible to give them reasons to remain or leave christianity. Reading the bible when you are one in spirit with God (God gives a new spirit when you repent and accept Jesus) is totally different. I was an atheist so I know what I am talking about.

Forgive my use frequent use of 'You's. It is not directed at you but I pray it would be useful.

Brilliant! Just brilliant! Are you me with another moniker?

God bless, lift and empower you more and more in Jesus name.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ Sixthsense. Your post is quite lengthy but I believe the overall point you are trying to make is that an understanding of of the scriptures is required to make sense of those things that make zero sense as our intelligence is supposedly limited. This means that we have to defer to the a Superior Intelligence. But you should realize that everyone who peddles one belief or the other also makes this appeal to a Higher Intelligence for an understanding of the seemingly irrational things that they hawk. Do you honestly think that you have anything over others apart from your subjective experiences-these experiences that others also have?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
@ Sixthsense. Your post is quite lengthy but I believe the overall point you are trying to make is that an understanding of of the scriptures is required to make sense of those things that make zero sense as our intelligence is supposedly limited. This means that we have to defer to the a Superior Intelligence. But you should realize that everyone who peddles one belief or the other also makes this appeal to a Higher Intelligence for an understanding of the seemingly irrational things that they hawk. Do you honestly think that you have anything over others apart from your subjective experiences-these experiences that others also have?
Think? I know. My experience is real to me, I didn't need the other experiences although it was what started the process. Besides, I was once like you guys, If anyone told me about hell, I would ask what do people do in heaven anyway, sing and worship forever? Then I would rather choose hell. From the wells book, it mentioned that God killed millions and the devil killed only about two and by Gods permission and so much more. But now I know better. Sorry, my posts are quite long but if you can only see reason, please. My heart cries out because you guys are on the wrong path.

No one could scare me with death and hell preaching. I didn't see death as a big deal, didn't mind going even. I probably had questions for God. But I tell you today, until you have this spirit God gives in you then you will know these things.

Tell me about what you think you are enjoying right now in this life/world...Atheism is hollow, empty, how did we decide to live without hope, and not get bothered if we are in bondage or get defeated by things we make no attempt to learn about.

If you want an experience with the living God seek Him, invite Him, He will come. People invite the devil and his demons most of the time, do you doubt that too? Or your atheism is only against God.

If you look for arguments, you will keep getting arguments, more and more and continue in this cycle and like Dale Carnegie said 'Nobody wins an argument'

Even if this Jesus thing is just in my head and I have gone crazy. Would I want to go back living and 'enjoying' my only life as I was before? No, No, an emphatic No way. This is such a better place. I now know what love is, I know what hope is, I know what peace is. Don't you even want to have these things? and I know that I was in bondage of sin in my ignorance. And these things I mentioned are free, Christ paid for it all.

But I guess your 'enjoyment' are probably not cheap. You pay for entertainment, drinks, parties, girls, drugs, no defined love in relationships and all of that and may still end in disappointment with no faith or hope for better. But I have joy brother, Joy like I have never experienced in all my years and the economy is supposed to be the worst in our history.

Anyway, if you want evidence go directly to Jesus. Invite Him. That's what I did. I believe He won't disappoint you.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by honourhim: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Think? I know. My experience is real to me, I didn't need the other experiences although it was what started the process. Besides, I was once like you guys, If anyone told me about hell, I would ask what do people do in heaven anyway, sing and worship forever? Then I would rather choose hell. From the wells book, it mentioned that God killed millions and the devil killed 2, with Gods permission and so much more. But now I know better. Sorry, my posts are long but if you can only see reason, please. My heart cries out you guys are on the wrong path.

No one could scare me with death and hell preaching. I didn't see death as a big deal, didn't mind going even. I probably had questions for God. but I tell you today, until you have this spirit God gives in you then you will know these things.

Tell me about what you think you are enjoying right now in this life/world...Atheism is hollow, empty, how did we decide to live without hope, and not get bothered if we are in bondage or get defeated by things we make no attempt to learn about.

If you want an experience with the living God seek Him, invite Him, He will come. People invite the devil and his demons most of the time, do you doubt that too? Or your atheism is only against God.

If you look for arguments, you will keep getting arguments, more and more and continue in this cycle and like Dale Carnegie said 'Nobody wins an argument'

Even if this Jesus thing is just in my head and I have gone crazy. Would I want to go back living and 'enjoying' my only life as I was before? No, No, an emphatic No way. This is such a better place. I now know what love is, I know what hope is, I know what peace is. Don't you even want to have these things? and I know that I was in bondage of sin in my ignorance. And these things I mentioned are free, Christ paid for it all.

But I guess your 'enjoyment' are probably not cheap. You pay for entertainment, drinks, parties, girls, drugs, no defined love in relationships and all of that and may still end in disappointment with no faith or hope for better. But I have joy brother, Joy like I have never experienced in all my years and the economy is supposed to be the worst in our history.

Anyway, if you want evidence go directly to Jesus. Invite Him. That's what I did. I believe He won't disappoint you.

Truth and nothing but the truth.
Its unfortunate how the devil blinds this people to believe that whatever they have not experienced does not exist. Some even dont want to experience at all so as not to be confronted with the truth. Some of them knows they are living a lie but they dont want to come out of it.

9 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
I get you completely@ Sixthsense.... I am almost getting emotional by reading your post. I do not doubt your sincerity at all. But I am sure you know that everyone also 'knows' that what he/she has is the real deal. I have read some really mind-boggling things on this forum and all the experiences are real to those that recount them. I want to believe, honestly I do. I just don't think belief is something that you can just decide to acquire. People see and experience things that make them to have those beliefs, and right now I am not seeing anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
honourhim:

Truth and nothing but the truth.
Its unfortunate how the devil blinds this people to believe that whatever they have not experienced does not exist. Some even dont want to experience at all so as not to be confronted with the truth. Some of them knows they are living a lie but they dont want to come out of it.

I tell you. Coming from their position, I know that arguments do little. Also when I read their posts, I can't stop thanking God for my life. They are slaves of sin blinded but they don't even know it. Here it is Rom 8:7-8 'The mind that is set on flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God' Anyway, the seed is planted and I pray they take heed.

7 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I get you completely@ Sixthsense.... I am almost getting emotional by reading your post. I do not doubt your sincerity at all. But I am sure you know that everyone also 'knows' that what he/she has is the real deal. I have read some really mind-boggling things on this forum and all the experiences are real to those that recount them. I want to believe, honestly I do. I just don't think belief is something that you can just decide to acquire. People see and experience things that make them to have those beliefs, and right now I am not seeing anything.

I smile reading this. Yeah, that's usually our argument, how do you know yours is the right one. But, now I'll answer that by asking why try to defend the others when you are not one of them? What do you really want for yourself? Do you want peace, hope, a life without fear, dominion over sin and forces of darkness? These are good things by any standard, and no other religion promise these.

Like I said, from the book I realised how easy it can be to summon a demon. Just walk into an occult store get a spell book and items then, voila, in fact with the internet, you don't even have to leave your room, then you can proceed with all kinds of rituals to kill, get rich and all sorts according to how your mind reach.

And with demons, unlike our loving God, you lose your free will, they control/own you (possession). You can't say you don't want again, they would ruin your life. Now I didn't have to test to find if it was true or not. I wanted protection at the very least from a much stronger Spirit, that didn't require any fetish rituals of any sort or me dying for Him because I love Him, He had already died for me. And oh He is the Mighty God and all things bow at His name.

So many branches of christianity so I was probably the most sceptical Christian out there but I wanted the real deal a personal experience. And one thing no matter the diversity in doctrine, they all agree the Bible is the unadulterated Word of God. I never trusted anyone, and I could read so I did. I stopped using devotionals at some point because everyone had their interpretation. I sought good teaching and interpretation from the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, I agree with you, belief isn't something you can just decide to acquire. It's true, listen to what Jesus says about that 'No one comes to the Father except He draws him' the Bible also says it's the Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin righteousness and judgement. So, what I'm doing here will never convince you on its own, but it's the Holy Spirit that would stir your heart to see yourself in the state you actually are in, then you would see the need for repentance, to then accept Christ. And if you do, believe me just once, you will be transformed.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 12:20am On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I smile reading this. Yeah, that's usually our argument, how do you know yours is the right one. But, now I'll answer that by asking why try to defend the others when you are not one of them? What do you really want for yourself? Do you want peace, hope, a life without fear, dominion over sin and forces of darkness? These are good things by any standard, and no other religion promise these.

Like I said, from the book I realised how easy it can be to summon a demon. Just walk into an occult store get a spell book and items then, voila, in fact with the internet, you don't even have to leave your room, then you can proceed with all kinds of rituals to kill, get rich and all sorts according to how your mind reach.

And with demons, unlike our loving God, you lose your free will, they control/own you (possession). You can't say you don't want again, they would ruin your life. Now I didn't have to test to find if it was true or not. I wanted protection at the very least from a much stronger Spirit, that didn't require any fetish rituals of any sort or me dying for Him because I love Him, He had already died for me. And oh He is the Mighty God and all things bow at His name.

So many branches of christianity so I was probably the most sceptical Christian out there but I wanted the real deal a personal experience. And one thing no matter the diversity in doctrine, they all agree the Bible is the unadulterated Word of God. I never trusted anyone, and I could read so I did. I stopped using devotionals at some point because everyone had their interpretation. I sought good teaching and interpretation from the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, I agree with you, belief isn't something you can just decide to acquire. It's true, listen to what Jesus says about that 'No one comes to the Father except He draws him' the Bible also says it's the Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin righteousness and judgement. So, what I'm doing here will never convince you on its own, but it's the Holy Spirit that would stir your heart to see yourself in the state you actually are in, then you would see the need for repentance, to then accept Christ. And if you do, believe me just once, you will be transformed.

Continue your story.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2016
@lalasticlala can this make the front page? mynd44

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by honourhim: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
@lalasticlala can this make the front page? mynd44

Supported. This should go to front page pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Osun Election: What Happened To Prophet Mike Agboola's Prophecy? / Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.