Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,295 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (45029 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Christian Family To Atheism To Jesus Christ: My Explanations / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngestland:

pain atheist in the ass why? you sound like a young guy

athiesm is not a religion bros we are not competing for humans we believe everyone should use their head

i always tell people you cant be an athiest because of another person its personal you have to be the one to take that decision after you have carefully taught of it. please e no go pain us because we no they find followers abeg

nice one op I still hope I will get an evidence that there is a god because am seriously searching but till then I they my lane

Because U have decided to seek, Ye shall find in the name of Jesus

Amen.

God bless U mightily bro.

Pls just continue to seek & I pray that living God that saved Me from darkness, will save U too

Amen.

I'm very sorry if my prayers offend U in anyway.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by logoscope(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
promise10:

I tell you sis. The title just made up my few moments ago!

Chai! @op atheist will not be happyoooo. Damn!

Things like this can pain atheists in the ass!
Lol. Just because you feel stup!d whenever an atheist asks u an intelligent question and u can't give a logical answer, you think every1 stresses himself over religious shit. Thousands of converted from Christianity to Islam and vice versa. Atheist really don't care as long as u do not cause a nuisance to the society. tongue
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Yes it's all been trivialised...but the proliferation of the fake, doesn't exclude the genuine. Look for real Christianity and leave seducers to their seduction.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by grodt999: 4:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
Of course only blacks and africans go backwards.
The rest of the world have seen the lie that is religion and are spending their time on more constructive things instead!
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by anochuko01(m): 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So on point. I could not have put it better.
habebe1:
I would like to let you know that this response is not aimed at discrediting your experience. However, it still does not answer a question I have been asking for a long time now? What is exclusive to christians? I am agnostic but was born into a liberal christian family. My doubts developed in my early teens even before external influences such as books or Internet.

I can't deny that there were times during my late teens and early adulthood that I felt the emptiness. This made me consciously seek God but every time I sat in church I just could not comprehend what these guys were talking about or why they used very funny fatuous stories to explain passages. I gave up, it wasn't for me. ( Guess the devil really has a hold on me)

Back to my question, what is exclusive to christians? Money, happiness, long life? I respect the christian institutionn and what it has done for Africa but can't understand why people freak out when I choose not to live my life according to the principles of someone whose life did not cover such important areas like marriage and owning a business to name a few ( Being very basic here). I honestly wish I was in the born again bubble sometimes, I have really tried but like I said earlier it did not work.

Maybe God would find me one day like Paul. Until then I live my life happily as I can in this tough but promising country called Nigeria while not being an alcoholic, chain smoker or drug user. I refuse to believe I would be sent to burn in a special furnace for quenching my biological needs( thats the only "sin" I think I commit now). All the same I am happy for you OP

Brother/Sister, I may not know of any other thing, but one thing that's exclusive to a CHRISTAIN is the SPIRIT OF GOD (HOLY SPIRIT). At the point you really surrender your life to Christ, your spirit comes alive to God. And as you go ahead to get baptised in the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God comes to dwell within you. It is then you begin to have several personal practicable expediences about God. This has a little to do with ''church'', though you need to find a bible believing church, but a relationship with God is a personal journey.

LET'S READ THIS TOGETHER....
ROMANS 8:1-16 New Living Translation (NLT)
1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.

5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.

6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.

8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.

11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.

12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters,you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.

13 For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.

14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “My, Father.”

16 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

ALSO,
GALATIANS 5:22-23
''But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!''
If you genuingly give Christ a chance in your life, I'm so 100% sure you'll never regret it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by oaroloye(m): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
SHALOM.

Too long. Didn't Read.

How many other Atheists have you convinced?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by afroxyz: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
TheSixthSense, I praise God for your life. I've also been in such a situation. I stem from an islamic background and later professed Christ (after someone preached to me) even though I didnt even know what I was into. I sought to know the reality of the scriptures. Nigerian churches were not helping matters. During my service year, I had to stop going to church because the preaching and testimonies and even seats were clear show off, no single regard for the poor and needy. They had few churches around and most were the same. I remember my older brother who had just got converted telling me to just seek God and keep an open mind. I had told him earlier that i'm okay and I live a good life, I didnt need anybody to tell me what to do.
I didnt want to be affliated with religion or even atheism. I just wanted to be that free intelligent and self-reliant human. My parents also encouraged freedom of religion so that made it easy.

I "enjoyed" my life to the fullest. What we call enjoyment is actually killing us. I lost 2 of my friends to alcohol. One drowned while drunk, the other died while driving him to the hospital. I remember we had an accident while coming back from a club in lagos, the car summersaulted from overspeeding, no one was injured, we all got down laughing at our drunk friends who drove.

Recently one of my very close friends called me to tell me that she does not have a womb anymore. Do I need to talk about my battle with glaucoma. Most of the friends that I had are either addicts of alcohol, marijuana e.t.c. So I smile when atheists are telling me to enjoy my life. I actually live a better life right now than the sick, unrestrained and devil controlled life I've lived as a young man. I've noticed that the devil is in control of most of the lives of those people who think they are directing themselves.

My being sober still did not lead me to Christ, an ex-cultist made me see the world for what it really is. A man who was active in a spiritual realm controlled by demons started to tell me the inner workings of such government. I started to think to myself "are these things real?"...

Bros, lemme just stop here. I've seen things in this life. I'm more than convinced that Jesus is Lord. Maybe I should just open a thread on why I am a Christian.

So proof that God exists lies in the consequences you faced for a life of irresponsibility. Thanks. Next please

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by thorpido(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Hope to see you being muslim soon and move from Jesus to God

I mean 1 God literally and not triune god.

Tittle: From Atheism,Jesus to Almighty God
Jesus is IN God.There's no way you will know Jesus and not know the True God and no way you will know the True God and not know Jesus.

'No man knoweth the Son except the Father,neither knoweth any man the Father except the Son and him to whom He(Jesus) will reveal Him(Father)'.Matthew 11:27

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Isn't it glorious? shouldn't this be additional evidence to believe that God is alive. In an Islam bias forum, my first topic makes front page, not even on a Sunday. Coincidence? I think not. God is faithful. He is the living God!, He died for you and He is calling. [b][/b]

I pray about every post I put up and for whoever reads it. The seed is being planted. You may not know it now, but the Holy Spirit would convict your hearts of sin, and you will see the need for repentance, and only Jesus Christ will save you. I cannot convince anyone like my bible tells me. It is our Father in heaven that draws us Matt 6:44

If you are looking for superior arguments, Maybe this post isn't for you. But if you have questions, or doubt my atheism. You are very welcome.

With thinking like this, i am not surprised how easy it was to delude yourself back to Religion. Just a bunch of anecdotes here, a bunch of hear says there and Bam! OP is back believing fairytales again.

Random event occurs in his life: "It must be a sign from god". Favourable event happens in his life: "god is blessing me". Unfavourable event happens in his life "God is challenging me". There's always a way to rationalize and delude yourself about anything to claim it was god. same way the uneducated civilizations in the past used to claim natural occurrences like Floods, Earth Quakes, Famines, Sickness, Death etc were all the doing of the gods. god even chose who won the wars. Now thanks to science we know better. That's why you still have footballers praying before every match (even from both sides) Which side will this god choose? How can you delude yourself that this prayers to ur so called god does anything?

Christianity is a religion based on fear, the fear of eternal torment from an ever loving god. This is why the practitioners all preach about being saved. They think they can live forever in some perfect kingdom of god. If so, why are you all so afraid to die, even in your old ages? Is earth that much sweeter than your beloved god's kingdom that you all cling to life?

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
habebe1:
I would like to let you know that this response is not aimed at discrediting your experience. However, it still does not answer a question I have been asking for a long time now? What is exclusive to christians? I am agnostic but was born into a liberal christian family. My doubts developed in my early teens even before external influences such as books or Internet.

I can't deny that there were times during my late teens and early adulthood that I felt the emptiness. This made me consciously seek God but every time I sat in church I just could not comprehend what these guys were talking about or why they used very funny fatuous stories to explain passages. I gave up, it wasn't for me. ( Guess the devil really has a hold on me)

Back to my question, what is exclusive to christians? Money, happiness, long life? I respect the christian institution and what it has done for Africa but can't understand why people freak out when I choose not to live my life according to the principles of someone whose life did not cover such important areas like marriage and owning a business to name a few ( Being very basic here). I honestly wish I was in the born again bubble sometimes, I have really tried but like I said earlier it did not work.

Maybe God would find me one day like Paul Until then I live my life happily as I can in this tough but promising country called Nigeria while not being an alcoholic, chain smoker or drug user. I refuse to believe I would be sent to burn in a special furnace for quenching my biological needs( thats the only "sin" I think I commit now). All the same I am happy for you OP

The highlighted portions are questions that I also asked christians that were concerned about me not going to church and not believing. I also said I wanted a Paul experience before I would believe, but thank God I wasn't blinded. God is merciful. These guys couldn't give answers to my questions and to be honest they really weren't so informed about the religion/God; but they were messengers in God's divine plan for my salvation. They made me ask questions that today by His grace I can answer. I even have a similar post about exclusives of God's on my blog and ever since I challenge myself to try to answer the questions that I had, not because I doubt God or my salvation but because the bible asks us to be always ready to defend the hope that is in us with meekness and fear whenever we are asked(1 Peter 3:9)

To your questions:

What is exclusive to Christians? Is it money, happiness, long life?

None of these things, Joy, yes but not money, not long life.

First, I would like to put it out there that I dislike the prosperity gospel (can I even call it gospel?). That didn't change even after I found Jesus, I only stopped being so judgemental. And I think it is misleading. It tells people that Jesus came to give them money and the good things (wordly desires) in this life. But you don't even have to finish reading all the gospels before you spot the elephant in the room.

Now, I know a lot of people have found Jesus from this kind of teaching, the bible even says 'in pretence and in truth as long as Christ is preached'(Phil 1:18) but it is the most shallow kind of doctrine there is. Was Jesus a show off? Was he proud? Did he brag about his ministry or His miracles? Did he ever promise to make his followers rich? I'm sure your answers are the same as mine.

Christianity is living like Jesus Christ and the handbook is the new testament. It is a life of restraint, self-control, love, kindness, humility, forgiveness, peace, hope. It is not easy carrying your cross, but it is the most fulfilling kind of life anyone can ever live and it is by the Holy Spirit we can be able to live like this. By ourselves, we cannot. An unbeliever, cannot overcome sin by theirselves. That is exactly why Jesus came to save us because it leads to destruction. He sets people free from bondage, addiction, anything one may be struggling with. He is a God of miracles. The bible also instructs us on marriage and daily living which I believe covers business running too.

I sense your idea of christianity is the madness that drove me to become an atheist. Don't give up on God, search for Him and He will open your eyes to see that what you think is enjoyment, you can actually live in peace and joy without them and have a strong sense of purpose in your life plus eternal life.

In my blog, I explained four exclusives so far, but there are many more, although I am still learning. Jesus said 'If you love me you would keep My commandments', so these are actually for those that keep His commandments, not religious christians. And they are: Life (Eternal life), Holy Spirit, Dominion, Peace of God, Love (Perfect love), Wisdom, Hope, Faith, Fortitude. These are intangibles that Jesus gives us. He blesses His followers by providing for our needs to be able live in this passing world. But He certainly is the money doubler they now seem to associate with Him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Horlufemi(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Geofavor:
Atheism is not a religion. Every religion thrives on certain set rules that must be adhered to by its believers. Atheism, on the other hand, is not based on certain set rules. Every atheist get to decide his/her own principles to follow.

like I said Atheism is an anti-God movement. You can paint it as you like. follow your rules as long as you are not with God.

Anything but God movement.

It is a -God movement simple and clear

Your argument is invalid
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by habebe1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
@anochuko01. Hi, much thanks for pointing out what you think is exclusive to christians. The Holy Spirit you said. And you went ahead to list the fruits that come with being in the spirit to include being free of sin. love, joy, peace, patience etc.

But I throw the question to you again differently, is it only christians that possess these virtues? Are you aware that one can be morally upright and be happy, peaceful, kind, gentle etc without knowing Jesus? I am not here to bash christianity, I have grown past that stage and abhor people who do. Nevertheless Christians and their Islamic cousins really need to start believing that there are different ways people choose to live their lives. The arrogance of feeling exclusive for benefits which are actually there for everyone who works hard for it is annoying.

If a Jamaican rastafarian decides to smoke some herbs and chill by the lovely beaches in Jaimaica while sipping some coconut water, that feeling for him although not numerically measurable could actually feel better than when some folks here get into the Spirit amd speak in tongues. I am just saying different strokes for different folks. From what I understand Op was searching for something deep, and after some trial and error decided Christ is best for him and once again I say I am happy for him. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by vickylala239: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngestland:

hmmm I think I have an insight to why you are always attacking athiest you think we are athiest because we want to drink smoke womanize etc no brother thats not it

am an athiest I dont drink because I know its bad for my health I dont womanize because I love my partner smoking is far from me I live a very quiet life
atheism doesnt mean drinking and partying even christians drink and party its a personal thing which is done by both athiest and theist

What u simple means is that without ur partner u culd Hv been.....
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by canDy4eva(f): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
U just mentioned somtin quiet intrestin n I guess u never knew it...

U said u "love" ur partner, ryt?

If I got u well dat means u hv d spark of God in u!

Put simply... "God is Love" and datz all it takes to b. Follower of Christ!
youngestland:

hmmm I think I have an insight to why you are always attacking athiest you think we are athiest because we want to drink smoke womanize etc no brother thats not it

am an athiest I dont drink because I know its bad for my health I dont womanize because I love my partner smoking is far from me I live a very quiet life
atheism doesnt mean drinking and partying even christians drink and party its a personal thing which is done by both athiest and theist
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
Suspectzero:

With thinking like this, i am not surprised how easy it was to delude yourself back to Religion. Just a bunch of anecdotes here, a bunch of hear says there and Bam! OP is back believing fairytales again.

Random event occurs in his life: "It must be a sign from god". Favourable event happens in his life: "god is blessing me". Unfavourable event happens in his life "God is challenging me". There's always a way to rationalize and delude yourself about anything to claim it was god. same way the uneducated civilizations in the past used to claim natural occurrences like Floods, Earth Quakes, Famines, Sickness, Death etc were all the doing of the gods. god even chose who won the wars. Now thanks to science we know better. That's why you still have footballers praying before every match (even from both sides) Which side will this god choose? How can you delude yourself that this prayers to ur so called god does anything?

Christianity is a religion based on fear, the fear of eternal torment from an ever loving god. This is why the practitioners all preach about being saved. They think they can live forever in some perfect kingdom of god. If so, why are you all so afraid to die, even in your old ages? Is earth that much sweeter than your beloved god's kingdom that you all cling to life?

I excersised restraint here. Please don't be snide with your comments. I doubt you know as much as I do about the theories or science that you base your whole existence upon. The irony is that as a christian, compared with when I was an atheist, I am not afraid to die but I enjoy life more than ever before. I have hope. Hope in Jesus in this life and the next.

But you you probably fear death, why won't you if this is your only life, and how long have you left anyway? You can't claim you don't fear death.

Another question for you is: What do you really want? Are you at peace? You seem angry from your post. Can I ask why?

Jesus would give you peace, He would give you joy, He will give you a new heart and spirit. Give him a chance.

5 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by vickylala239: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Incrizz:

Please don't stop. Open a new thread and share your full story and mention me please? It's already captivating.

Plz link me up if he open.....Plz tnk u

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by JOAB2010: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
*SIGH* I needed to read this...Thank You Jesus for leading me to this post and for using you @sixthsense as the pen to write this. God bless you. It is well.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
anochuko01:

Brother/Sister, I may not know of any other thing, but one thing that's exclusive to a CHRISTAIN is the SPIRIT OF GOD (HOLY SPIRIT). At the point you really surrender your life to Christ, your spirit comes alive to God. And as you go ahead to get baptised in the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God comes to dwell within you. It is then you begin to have several personal practicable expediences about God. This has a little to do with ''church'', though you need to find a bible believing church, but a relationship with God is a personal journey.

LET'S READ THIS TOGETHER....
ROMANS 8:1-16 New Living Translation (NLT)
1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.

4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.

5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.

6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.

8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.

9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.

11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.

12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters,you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.

13 For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.

14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “My, Father.”

16 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

ALSO,
GALATIANS 5:22-23
''But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!''
If you genuingly give Christ a chance in your life, I'm so 100% sure you'll never regret it.

If I got a penny for every time I heard this, I would not be as poor as I am right now.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
[b]Hi, much thanks for pointing out what you think is exclusive to christians. The Holy Spirit you said. And you went ahead to list the fruits that come with being in the spirit to include being free of sin. love, joy, peace, patience etc.

But I throw the question to you again differently, is it only christians that possess these virtues? Are you aware that one can be morally upright and be happy, peaceful, kind, gentle etc without knowing Jesus? I am not here to bash christianity, I have grown past that stage and abhor people who do. Nevertheless Christians and their Islamic cousins really need to start believing that there are different ways people choose to live their lives. The arrogance of feeling exclusive for benefits which are actually there for everyone who works hard for it is annoying.

If a Jamaican rastafarian decides to smoke some herbs and chill by the lovely beaches in Jaimaica while sipping some coconut water, that feeling for him although not numerically measurable could actually feel better than when some folks here get into the Spirit amd speak in tongues. I am just saying different strokes for different folks. From what I understand Op was searching for something deep, and after some trial and error decided Christ is best for him and once again I say I am happy for him. Thank you[/b]

Yes you can be happy, peaceful, kind, gentle etc without knowing Jesus but what are these things based on? money, children, a home, a job?
About the Jamaican rastafarian, was he born with herbs? So can he have peace without the herbs? His peace then depends on available herbs. So what happens when he cannot get any, or if he has no money to get some? Crisis! Always crisis.

I notice people always run around the issue always trying to justify the sin they continue in. Can I have peace and joy during crisis, persecution, war, terrible economy, no job? Absolutely! and that is the kind knowing Jesus gives. He breaks the chains of addiction, depression, defeat. If only you guys can understand. But you are in bondage yourselves without knowing it.

Accept Jesus today so He will remove the lid from your eyes.

4 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by habebe1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
You are a very intelligent and thoughtful person I can see. And thanks for acknowledging towards the end of your post that others can benefit from the "christian goodies" without knowing Christ.
TheSixthSense:

The highlighted portions are questions that I also asked christians that were concerned about me not going to church and not believing. I also said I wanted a Paul experience before I would believe, but thank God I wasn't blinded. God is merciful. These guys couldn't give answers to my questions and to be honest they really weren't so informed about the religion/God; but they were messengers in God's divine plan for my salvation. They made me ask questions that today by His grace I can answer. I even have a similar post about exclusives of God's on my blog and ever since I challenge myself to try to answer the questions that I had, not because I doubt God or my salvation but because the bible asks us to be always ready to defend the hope that is in us with meekness and fear whenever we are asked(1 Peter 3:9)

To your questions:

What is exclusive to Christians? Is it money, happiness, long life?

None of these things, Joy, yes but not money, not long life.

First, I would like to put it out there that I dislike the prosperity gospel (can I even call it gospel?). That didn't change even after I found Jesus, I only stopped being so judgemental. And I think it is misleading. It tells people that Jesus came to give them money and the good things (wordly desires) in this life. But you don't even have to finish reading all the gospels before you spot the elephant in the room.

Now, I know a lot of people have found Jesus from this kind of teaching, the bible even says 'in pretence and in truth as long as Christ is preached'(Phil 1:18) but it is the most shallow kind of doctrine there is. Was Jesus a show off? Was he proud? Did he brag about his ministry or His miracles? Did he ever promise to make his followers rich? I'm sure your answers are the same as mine.

Christianity is living like Jesus Christ and the handbook is the new testament. It is a life of restraint, self-control, love, kindness, humility, forgiveness, peace, hope. It is not easy carrying your cross, but it is the most fulfilling kind of life anyone can ever live and it is by the Holy Spirit we can be able to live like this. By ourselves, we cannot. An unbeliever, cannot overcome sin by theirselves. That is exactly why Jesus came to save us because it leads to destruction. He sets people free from bondage, addiction, anything one may be struggling with. He is a God of miracles. The bible also instructs us on marriage and daily living which I believe covers business running too.

I sense your idea of christianity is the madness that drove me to become an atheist. Don't give up on God, search for Him and He will open your eyes to see that what you think is enjoyment, you can actually live in peace and joy without them and have a strong sense of purpose in your life plus eternal life.

In my blog, I explained four exclusives so far, but there are many more, although I am still learning. Jesus said 'If you love me you would keep My commandments', so these are actually for those that keep His commandments, not religious christians. And they are: Life (Eternal life), Holy Spirit, Dominion, Peace of God, Love (Perfect love), Wisdom, Hope, Faith, Fortitude. These are intangibles that Jesus gives us. He blesses His followers by providing for our needs to be able live in this passing world. But He certainly is the money doubler they now seem to associate with Him.

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
@ sixthsense. Please continue your story.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by habebe1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
[b][/b]

Yes you can be happy, peaceful, kind, gentle etc without knowing Jesus but what are these things based on? money, children, a home, a job?
About the Jamaican rastafarian, was he born with herbs? So can he have peace without the herbs? His peace then depends on available herbs. So what happens when he cannot get any, or if he has no money to get some? Crisis! Always crisis.

I notice people always run around the issue always trying to justify the sin they continue in. Can I have peace and joy during crisis, persecution, war, terrible economy, no job? Absolutely! and that is the kind knowing Jesus gives. He breaks the chains of addiction, depression, defeat. If only you guys can understand. But you are in bondage yourselves without knowing it.

Accept Jesus today so He will remove the lid from your eyes.

This is the arrogance I was referring to.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I excersised restraint here. Please don't be snide with your comments. I doubt you know as much as I do about the theories or science that you base your whole existence upon. The irony is that as a christian, compared with when I was an atheist, I am not afraid to die but I enjoy life more than ever before. I have hope. Hope in Jesus in this life and the next.

But you you probably fear death, why won't you if this is your only life, and how long have you left anyway? You can't claim you don't fear death.

Another question for you is: What do you really want? Are you at peace? You seem angry from your post. Can I ask why?

Jesus would give you peace, He would give you joy, He will give you a new heart and spirit. Give him a chance.

Lol another funny thing is you keep going on about how you were more atheist than any other atheist on nairaland. On what basis is this claim found on? Or is it like your Religious claims whereby we are suppose to believe just because you typed it? You haven't demonstrated any knowledge on here. all you've done is claim this and that and then regurgitate the same ol tired things the religious zealots spout.

Death is inevitable. And like most other people who are not depressed/suicidal, i do not want to go before i have to (which is natural old age death). As animals we are programmed biologically to ensure our own survival and to propagate our species so excuse me if i am staying true to the human nature.

Lol so you want to play the patronizing game with me. I'm not going to drop a list of my personal desires and life ambitions on here. Although i'm sure you weren't looking for a real answer to your questions. you just wanted to be patronizing and condescending. The last paragraph has you regurgitating more mundane b.s that doesn't really mean anything. Empty words.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by SuperSupremo(m): 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
thorpido:
Jesus is IN God.There's no way you will know Jesus and not know the True God and no way you will know the True God and not know Jesus.

'No man knoweth the Son except the Father,neither knoweth any man the Father except the Son and him to whom He(Jesus) will reveal Him(Father)'.Matthew 11:27
God can do anything by Himself,jesus said i can on my own self do nothing

Jesus said am going to my God your God
God does not go to different God

Jesus said he was sent by God whilst God don't send God

Jesus always preached about 1 God up there and worshipped Him too
God don't worship God

God is omnipresent and omnipotent
Jesus is not

Trinity as a word is not in the bible,jesus never preached about it too

Jesus as a name is not even mentioned in the old testament

God called Abraham His friend not through jesus

Moses talked to God not through jesus

Enough for now,but ponder on this and realize na the whites created Christianity and sold to your ancestors,due to it not being authentic they are now either renouncing it to atheism or adding idol worshipping to it.

Islam,Christianity, Judaism all is said to be started in the Middle East but no single Christian dominated country in the middle East.

You people say you are worshipping God of Israel but Israelis say you are worshipping different god all together and you are blasphemers.

The Western nations is where Christianity got created and its dominant there,as for their manners in life i know you know much and don't really need any highlight.

In short i recommend Islam to you and in Islam you get the freedom from bondage and worship the Exact God Whom Jesus worshipped in the bible.

Shalom Alaikhim

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
From ignorance to ignorance
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
LuvU2:
embarassed

A friend once told me, she is a nairalander too, quite popular that she is angry with Nigerian christianity nd this has forced her to stop going to church. She said, she believes in Jesus and is a christian herself but cannot see any semblance with the Jesus she knows nd the "popular jesus" of today.

I would hve.mentioned her to comment but she is on ban.

For me, i think she is right. The Op is right. Organised christianity, mainstream christianity is.frm the devil. Like one poster said or was it a caption, dat the devil is not going to oppose us but join us.

Atheists re not the.greatest enemy of christianity, d devil through false christians is

Nw i dont know if i am a true christian or not
Never doubted by myself so much like now.

Thanks for your comment.

Everywhere I see people that love Jesus but hate what is going on around them. These are the schemes of the enemy. But don't be discouraged sister. As long as you believe that Jesus is Lord and He resurrected, you are a christian. However, I would encourage you to repent from your sins and confess to God, decide to turn away from doing the works of the flesh (Gal 5), ask Jesus to restore you then start living for Jesus. With a sincere heart, He knows when you mean it. Read Rom 12:1-2 and surrender to Him.

Look for good teaching, I would suggest doing a google search with desiringgod or john piper if you have any questions about your faith, anything at all. Without a doubt, he has the gift of understanding and teaching by Holy Spirit. You don't have to agree with everything you see there, but whenever you are in doubt or confused talk to God about it. He hears the prayer of the righteous.

Also, don't be quick to return to a church that you are not sure about but continue to read your bible daily, start with John. Pray the Holy Spirit to teach you and show you Jesus in His word. You can ask God in prayer, to lead you to where you would grow in faith. All these do them earnestly. Remember, God knows what you think about before you even ask.

There is always a battle for our minds, so fill your mind with things of God and watch your life transform. Jesus loves you. He is a diligent rewarder to those who seek Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Hmajeed(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
This is my story. It is quite long but quite interesting. I hope to do in 2 parts. Please read

I was baptised, as a child, in an anglican church, had a couple of years as a pentecostal then as soon as I became a teenager, attending church became optional. I only went if I really had to, but there was no compulsion. Attendance waned to almost zero as time passed. But I didn't discard my belief in God, and if I had to pray I would in Jesus’ name. Besides, how could there not be a god? when you’re never too far away to hear spooky stories from boarding school students, villagers, and people with haunting experiences; and if you, by any chance, didn’t, there was always a Nigerian movie to bring it all to your living room.

Going further, with the amount of information accessible on the internet, I started having questions about christianity, especially about the type common in Nigeria, although I wasn’t really keen on seeking for answers. But, one thing was that I became increasingly irritated by preachers living in opulence, using bullet proof cars, body guards, and jets, like pop stars while they had many poor and struggling people in their congregation, especially when I found that most of these preachers owned virtually nothing when they had started.

Didn’t the european missionaries who brought christianity, free education, healthcare and the bible - the same one we use till this day - leave the comfort of their countries, homes and families risking persecution and death for what they believed? I thought. Certainly, this couldn’t be the same Jesus, these preachers and their followers become so excited talking about. The Jesus I knew as a child from my A&M hymn book was a friend to the poor, meek and lowly; and I doubted if He were physically present, He would be the one in Armani suits using the most sophisticated gadgets. He certainly wouldn't live and act like these preachers did.

For this reason, I preferred devout muslims - not that I ever considered becoming one but because they were principled, kind and generally nicer in my experience - to the christian counterparts.

As a young lad predisposed to politics, psychology, science, and real hip hop -‘real recognise real.' I became savvy with Google search for almost every question that crossed my mind - and being a thoughtful person, I usually had a lot about everything. So, in 2014, while following the Israeli-Hamas conflict on the news - you didn’t have to watch the news for long to know about it because there were only two issues at the time and the other was the missing MH-370 - seeing the killing of people, including children by air strikes - although the Israeli claimed that they always fired warning strikes to allow for evacuation before actual decimation of targets-. However, I vividly remember an interview of a doctor, after a bombing of a UN reserved hospital by the Israeli forces, absolutely furious at the damage and injuries inflicted by the strike and how he said “...this is a hospital for God’s sake.”

I felt so much empathy for the doctor and the injured, thus, a barrage of questions started coming into my mind. I wondered if this Israel is the same one talked about in the Bible, If God supports this country, regardless, because they are His people, and from a song, or bible knowledge as a child, we were told Saul killed thousands and David killed tens of thousands: I wondered if these people killed were real people, I wondered which tribe they would be if they still exist in present day; and having those images in my mind, I wondered how God could support the murder of thousands by David because he loved God and is described as ‘a man after God’s heart.’

So, I got curious, I started my search with ‘How many people did King David kill?’ coupled with other search leads, I came across a book “God’s killings in the Bible” by Steve Wells - it counts the number of people God killed directly, and indirectly as recorded in the Bible - and bought it. To cut the long story, I didn’t finish reading the book before I became entirely uninterested in christianity. I no longer wanted to be identified with this ‘God’ that kills and supports the killings of the innocent.

However, I didn’t become an atheist after that, not yet. I only didn't want to be identified as a christian or be associated with it. I also looked up arguments, watched videos and got books from some of the most vocal atheists like Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss. Highly intelligent scientists although they’ve become more known for atheism than science. And as a scientist myself, I was impressed by their knowledge and arguments, and it only made science more desirable and fascinating to me. I am one of them, I would like to think.
Something noteworthy is that the more you know about science, you almost know evolution isn’t even an argument, you would feel stupid if you argued for creation, as an undergraduate, maybe you would get a pass, but afterwards No, just no. In fact, having faith or being religious only limits what you can achieve in the sciences. Especially with the recent discovery of the Higgs boson, the ‘God particle’ described by a scientist as ‘another nail in the coffin of religion.'

Anyway, when I returned to Nigeria, I noticed the proliferation of churches in every space like a malignant tumour, with competing ubiquitous billboards of ‘this and that’ ministry with smiling faces of pastors and their wives at every junction. Also those of politicians saying ‘God has given me the divine mandate' 'God has blessed,' 'God has appointed,' 'Power is from God’ ‘the voice of the people is the voice of God’ even by the ones in the occult, that were prayed against the previous year had turned around to become favourites of the same people. Worse still, they even get more celebrated in these churches.

Another thing I noticed was that this ‘christianity' despised the poor, that my childhood Jesus loves. I could remember in my younger days, churches used to offer hope, especially to the poor and downtrodden, but not these ones, they not only oppress the poor but also persuade them to rejoice with their pastors in their greed - I’m sure they would call it inspiration/motivation for semantics. They would tell them that it is their fault they are not rich because 'poverty is a curse’ ‘Jesus was very rich on earth’ 'If Noah wasn’t rich how did he build the ark?’ ’No faith’ ‘salt of the earth’ ‘...everything would be added on you’ and these come from same people that ask their congregation for money for every project they can think about, even for their maintenance.

The same people who had nothing and depended (often depends) on the benevolence of members to start and maintain their churches would after some time miraculously have wealth and finance tips to share - always a triangle of ‘faith, sowing seeds, and tithing’ and trust they don’t tell those without curse-laden threats attached ‘You invoke curses on yourself if you don’t pay/give...’ ‘you rob God’ ‘You can never reap if you don’t sow’ ‘You will become poor if you don’t give to God’ and ‘You are joking with your future/life if you don’t give.’ Thus, creating a society of avarice and impatience in the hearts, even among people with no skill or and qualifications, little if any. 'Everybody wan hammer', even the ones that only know a few bible verses and every detail about their pastor’s rag to riches story.

I often asked, even if this was God - because these guys often didn’t go without their wonder works that were usually propagated by their members - is it moral for someone who always asks for, not borrow, money for everything s/he is about to do to live in ostentatious opulence, brazenly up in your face? I know every nigerian is familiar with the derogatory term ‘borrow-pose’ and that’s even for borrowing.

Witnessing all these, I got even more incensed, I would have to lose a lot of brain cells to join this madness. Isn’t this why we are regressive in our development as a people and as a nation? There had to be no god, if not, why hadn’t he struck these people like described in countless occasions in the bible. There has to be no god, even the politicians knew it and they use it as tools to garner support in spite of the evil and wickedness they inflict in our society. There is no god.

I couldn’t bear all the madness anymore, better to use my time for sleeping than pray to this god that doesn’t help anyone except these preachers. So I quit and became an atheist, but remained informed about my decision.

Then came the stigma, once you say 'I don’t believe in God’ it strikes fear in almost every christian in Nigeria. They don’t ask you why, they never even, they fear you more than a known murderer and thief. In fact, keep saying that and you would find you have no friends left. Some would invite you to church, most times they don’t even know why they are going themselves, can’t even articulate what they believe in, you ask even basic questions about their faith and they would be unable to answer, but they get very uncomfortable if you refuse to go to church with them. Convince me, and I would go but no, they won’t even try, they just want you to follow them like sheep.

One thing I can take away from Steve Wells book is that most christians haven’t read the whole Bible - although he thinks, like many atheists, that if they actually do they would become atheists themselves after they find out about all the violence, ‘immorality’ and prejudice that is never preached about in sermons.- In Nigeria, it’s even worse because we don’t read at all. Probably, why many times anything that a pastor says is ‘it is written' and final, just about anything.
You've really exerted effort at comprehending the Concept of Religion ... But have you ever studied about Islam or Prophet Muhammad beyond the one the Media portrays, a Google search would do.
I am sure you won't regret doing so, while I assure you that you will find the tranquility you so much desire

Here is a link http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/496/why-islam/ .
I pray you find answers to all questions running in your mind.
I leave you with the message of peace.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by uvalued(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Part 2: Road to Redemption

That I didn’t believe in God anymore didn’t make me a ‘moral' person, it wasn’t even like I was man of good ‘moral’ standing before I became an atheist but I would easily pass as one, probably from my appearance and the way I speak. But I was lonely - I’m still sort of a loner now but I certainly know the difference - an alcoholic - pretty normal in Nigeria now so we don’t see it as a problem, smoked heavily, had a heart filled with darkness but for the sake of anonymity I leave out the rest.

I also opened up to a lot of mystical beliefs, there had to be a bit of truth in everything other than christianity, Zodiac, psychic reading, law of attraction, New age positive thinking, and zen relaxation. Simply put, I was miles from being a good/nice guy, so becoming an atheist didn’t necessarily give me a pass to live as I please because I don’t think I had much of a conscience at that point-, it was for reasons I mentioned in part 1. But it actually created more room, and so I could clear out the remaining bit of conscience left, without premeditation, I would often argue against religion being the basis for morality like Richard Dawkins would, saying that morality isn’t from God/religion rather it’s by living by the ‘golden rule’ ‘do unto others what you would to yourself’

Anyway, my road to redemption started after I watched the movie 'The Conjuring’ not that I am a movie person but what sparked my interest was that it was based on a true story. So I got the book about the protagonists in the movie 'The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Loraine Warren.’ It describes the preternatural the way it can be understood by non-religious people, because it isn’t a religious book in itself. It explains the phenomena from personal experiences as demonologists (study of spirits), and I found that they keep an occult museum where they display paraphernalia such as photos, recordings, and objects from every case, for exhibition. Some quotes from the book: ‘Some of the objects and amulets stored are so negatively ‘charged’ that just by holding one of the items it is possible to provoke the original spirit to manifest or cause possession to occur instantly’ ‘there is the long black spike a satanic witch used long ago to murder her newborn infant as a sacrifice to the devil' also skulls as chalices for drinking blood etc were being kept in the museum. Now, I didn’t need to go to the museum to find out if they were true or not, I was just utterly disgusted by even reading about them.

In fact, if you get to that point in the book, you would have gotten a vivid picture of the wickedness and darkness people get involved with. How people can in the convenience of their bedroom summon/invoke all the evil in the world by simple rituals or simply attract them in ignorance by their actions. So that when you hear a christian say God said ‘The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked’ you cannot help but agree in your unbelief.

Anyway, having read and seen all that, I realised I had no spirit in me and had being in denial all along, without even knowing. And oh how vulnerable I was to the whims of the wicked. It was obvious that living in denial does not disprove anything but rather keeps one uninformed - but I love being informed- and unprepared if/when one encounters the phenomenon being denied and in the case of these demonic spirits, vulnerable. But it also makes you reflect too, because it also explains how people invite these unclean spirits sometimes from seemingly benign habits.

Now, the book doesn’t tell you to accept Jesus or anything like that, it just advises to steer clear of Ouija boards, spell books, necromancers, and objects you don’t understand. But it affirmed the power of the name of Jesus Christ and God, prayer and religious objects as the only things that overcome the most evil of these inhuman spirits.

Excerpts: “...A particularly striking aspect to demoniacal phenomena is that the demonic spirit is actually moved to violence when exposed to religious articles, the recitation of prayers, or reference to God or Jesus Christ…the subject is not religious because I say it is or as I may want to believe, it is religious because that’s the only power that it - the demonic spirit - responds to. People might not believe in God but these spirits do…there is simply no secular - that is, no non-religious - explanation for these spirits' existence.”

Having realised my spiritlessness, even if I did, I certainly wasn’t using it at all. So, I wrote a simple sincere letter to God, funny but I did, asking for my spirit to be resurrected then I shoved it somewhere and forgot about it. I thought, just as conveniently as some people would summon spirits of darkness and control them to do what they want, seeking the more powerful God in your convenience would be better, plus I am sure He wouldn’t ask for blood rituals and the sorts. He is not like that

Now, I have read quite a number of books in my life, but for some reason I kept having a strong gut feeling, for the first time in decades, that it wasn’t a coincidence that I was reading the book at the time. So, I re-downloaded the bible app, I deleted when I became an atheist, on my phone - there has to be immense power in it, it isn’t all fairy tales. However, I didn’t know which book or chapter to open to. But for some reason Psalm 51 crossed my mind. And behold:

“Purge me with Hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me hear joy and gladness, that the bones You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, then sinners would be converted to You. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.”Ps 51:7-14

I read it over and over again. 'Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me by Your generous Spirit’ resonated so much in me. It was as if a different part of me had come alive. I could feel repentance in my spirit. I felt sorry. And in my heart I said Lord, I knew You as a child, what have I done with my life? what did I get involved in? And if there is anything to go by from the book I read is that I had opened portals from my actions. Oh! hide Your face from my sins and blot out my iniquities.

Then, I went on youtube and saw a video about a man, John Ramires I think, who was so deep in the occult that later got saved by Jesus Christ. You know youtube, so I watched a series of dead-people-coming-back-to-life videos, but one striking one was that of Ian McCormack (a former atheist who repented at the point of death) died went to heaven, saw the glory of Jesus, and returned to life in the morgue.

A common observation about these videos, is that while they may describe hell as a horrible place of eternal torment sorrow, fear and death, when they try describe the glory of Jesus Christ, they cry in awe for lack of words to describe the glory, joy, peace and love associated with it even after many years of their return to life. I don’t know about you, but when I see men especially ones who had perpetrated so much evil cry when trying to describe the glory of Jesus, you know that is no joke. Prior to this, I never knew a lot of people had died and returned (NDEs, you may call it) from many countries. If you doubt someone’s experience in Australia maybe you should try Nigeria. Atheists, muslims, pagans all tell of Jesus, hell and heaven. They are not all crazy I would believe.

So, I prayed with the CBN guys on Youtube, but I thought that wasn’t real enough, I need to have witnesses like in an actual altar call. So I prayed to God asking for a church to go to because the only ones I knew were one of those I earlier described. But at that point I would have gone to one of those anyway, as long as I can get to know Jesus. Then, the next day, on my way to the market to get stuff, I got handed a flyer. It was an invitation for a revival service, so I decided to go. I found it was a small church, hard to find even and in my utmost religiosity, I don’t think I would have found it.

Now, prior to this, I had been a lot of churches from catholic, anglican, methodist, lutheran, baptist, to numerous pentecostals because I had convinced myself that they were simply social gatherings anyway, by the way these ‘christians’ behave. But this one was different, from the moment I stepped in, I was more welcome than any other I had previously been in. But that wasn’t the highlight, it was the sermon. It was as direct as spear, it was a message for me and it was as if the preacher knew I was going be there. Also two verses from scripture I knew as a child kept coming to my mind John 8:32 ’Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free’ and John 8:36 ’So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.’ Then there was an altar call, it was my moment, and I answered.

** Note, I am not endorsing my church, saying that it is better than yours, maybe God led me there because of how suitable it would be for my spiritual growth. But I am only saying Jesus is calling those who want an experience with Him. I follow Jesus not my pastor or my church, but my pastor and church provide encouragement and there I listen to the word of God. I remember I always used to pray ‘Lord, I am not interested in religion, I just want to know You'

What do I have to lose if I die and find that there is no God?

Ridiculous, but let’s assume atheists are right for a second. I certainly wouldn't miss out on anything if I don’t drink, smoke, take drugs, become sexually immoral, worship idols, get oppressed or tormented by demons, get a divorce, live in bondage by anything under heaven, live in depression, live in fear, feel alone, look for love in people (Jesus is love, we have so much to share), live without peace or joy or love, live without bitterness, hate, anger or live without fortitude to persevere through trials and temptations for the rest of my life.

But what do you(non-believer) have to lose if I am right about God?

Yup, you guessed right.

The truth is heaven and hell are real and are for eternity - I would say, in a dimension not defined by time or space. Eternal life is one with Jesus and He is the source and giver of it. Like winner01 rightly mentioned, the things you think are enjoyment are actually killing you but you won’t know until God gives you His Spirit when you become born again and as soon as you start walking in the Spirit you will discern these things and probably do more than I am doing right now.

The bible says if you are not for Jesus you are against Him. And how would it feel to know you are not so different from the witch that killed her newborn, other than she probably knew she was anti-Christ, but you atheists and agnostics probably don’t know or refuse to know.

Remember, being in denial does not disprove anything, it only leaves you unprepared, uninformed, and even vulnerable to what is being denied…and no one denies death I would believe.

The answers you seek are on your smart phone. Look all over the internet, you won’t find evidence as theses or journal publications, but you certainly would find many many experiences. We have free will, so you have to choose.

Experience supersedes logic or argument any day. So, just before you dissect and critique my testimony. You may want to first ask yourself why you may be always so quick to rebut someone else’s experience before you ask the question.

Another thing, I have been an atheist, and to be honest, there’s nothing to it other than you look intelligent to other dissidents, but it is hollow, something missing, there is a void, you may not know now until you switch to the Lord’s side. Also, when you get faced with challenges and storms of life it is your spirit that fights, not your intelligence.

A UCB physics professor and former atheist, now in Christ because he saw hell and cried out to Jesus to save him, said there is a part of all of us that appeals to God. I’ve been there, I would have denied it then, but I know it’s true. Very true.

Please invite Jesus today with sincerity in heart. He is the Living God and He is Spirit. He is calling you, He is saying 'Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink and you will thirst no more.'
You may start by saying a sincere prayer like ‘Jesus I do not want to be condemned for eternity after I die, please save me’ and I believe your redemption is already on the way because He knows, like you would when you really mean it. And it is His will that you should not perish but come to repentance(2 Peter 3:9)

For those that do not see reason to continue the routine of religion or being religious and are looking for atheistic reasons to leave, Don’t! please don’t. Don’t give up on God. Did you know that it was the religious people that killed Jesus? although they knew all the letters and prophecies of the law and routines of the synagogue, they still didn’t recognise the Messiah, they even accused Him of working for the devil. It’s worse today, so many religious, but not many have experienced Jesus because they have made god for themselves, the one they can tame, the one that gives them all they want that lets them live how they like in the lusts of their flesh. Isn’t it funny how suddenly, God doesn’t have standards from our brand of christianity? The Holy and Righteous God.

But don’t be discouraged, look beyond the charade, He is calling, He says 'Seek and you will find'. Draw near to God and He will to you...(James 4:3) and your life will never remain the same. Taste and see that the Lord is good(Ps 34:cool.

Jesus is Lord!

There should be a Part 3: My Jesus Experience: The Difference
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
LucifersTongue:

Lol. I'm also not here to argue with you. Only noting my observations and questioning the people that replied to your story. I had no business with you but now I have a few objections to your reply.

A. Definition 1&2 of occult [dictionary.com]: 1. of or relating to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies. 2. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.

You said this:

"...also opened up to a lot of mystical beliefs, there had to be a bit of truth in everything other than christianity, Zodiac, psychic reading, law of attraction, New age positive thinking, and zen relaxation."

Zodiac is astrology. Most of the things you listed are not "ordinary knowledge"

B. Yeah, you claim to tolerate supernatural beliefs but it's clear to everyone that the supernaturalism FULLY dominates your thoughts and not naturalism. Even till now, you reply [and thoughts] is rife with the supernatural.

C. Don't be fooled by my moniker. Was chosen for fun. I usually don't care about theism and supernaturalism. I only comment about religious stuff here because it's too much!

Maybe it's time to change my moniker.

Hope you said what I challenged you to say. Please do. It would save your life.

You joke with things you know nothing about. If you read my post (Part 2), you would know that you attract the demonic by some 'fun' actions you think are harmless. People make blood sacrifices to the devil, they kill babies, they carry out blood rituals. Do you doubt that too? Use google, you can even watch videos. If you also doubt their experiences, you can invite them consciously. Maybe then you would know that it is only Jesus that can save. The satanists know God, they never doubt it, in fact they battle against Him, but they know the power in the name of Jesus Christ, they know He is Lord and that He defeated them at the cross.

Please say the prayer I challenged you to say. Like I said this isn't here to prove an argument that is superior. Jesus loves you. Set yourself free.

And please, how can I change my moniker? I can't even change the picture.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
SuperSupremo:

God can do anything by Himself,jesus said i can on my own self do nothing

Jesus said am going to my God your God
God does not go to different God

Jesus said he was sent by God whilst God don't send God

Jesus always preached about 1 God up there and worshipped Him too
God don't worship God

God is omnipresent and omnipotent
Jesus is not

Trinity as a word is not in the bible,jesus never preached about it too

Jesus as a name is not even mentioned in the old testament

God called Abraham His friend not through jesus

Moses talked to God not through jesus

Enough for now,but ponder on this and realize na the whites created Christianity and sold to your ancestors,due to it not being authentic they are now either renouncing it to atheism or adding idol worshipping to it.

Islam,Christianity, Judaism all is said to be started in the Middle East but no single Christian dominated country in the middle East.

You people say you are worshipping God of Israel but Israelis say you are worshipping different god all together and you are blasphemers.

The Western nations is where Christianity got created and its dominant there,as for their manners in life i know you know much and don't really need any highlight.

In short i recommend Islam to you and in Islam you get the freedom from bondage and worship the Exact God Whom Jesus worshipped in the bible.

Shalom Alaikhim

You quote the bible but because you won't be honest,you close your eyes to what you should see.
In the bolded part you quoted,Jesus said,'Verily verily,I say on to you,I can of my own self do nothing but what I see the Father do,for whatsoever the father doeth,even so doeth the Son likewise John 5:19
Did you see that the Son does?

You can't know God without having a fellowship with Jesus.Except the God Who sent Jesus is not the One you know.
(many think they know Him).

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Jesuobu:
My bro welcome back to the home of peace. Many genuine believers today were once atheist even for one minute. You may ask why? It’s simply because Jesus values His lost sheep which has found his way and will feed him with abundant peace and love and you will realize what you’ve been missing, just the same way a mother takes better care for her new-born child than the already grown ups.

Don’t let what happening today affect your stand for Christ. Like you mention that your faith depreciated because preachers living in luxury while the followers live in abject poverty. Look everyone will stand his own judgement before God. That’s why I personally will never be a preacher unless I hear God’s voice clearly to go ahead. I fear being a preacher because I know to work for God is not to work for fun. The judgement of preachers will be more stiffer than the judgement of ordinary men. The first question God will ask will be “did you practice what you preached? “. I can’t give more than N20 offering to any preacher but willing to spend my last kobo at the orphanages home because I know It’s the true house of God.

Being hyper religious and sleeping in the church is different from being a genuine believer and a lover of Christ. When you love God, you must be willing to do His will. An act of love please God more than being religious. He himself is not interested in religion but the love we have for Him in our heart.

I feel so fulfilled that a lost sheep has found the right pathway once again and I pray to the Lord you and I serve will give you the strength never to miss your path again till you go and meet your creator at old age Amen.

God bless you. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by joseph1832(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
MuhdG:
From ignorance to ignorance
Really? And I suppose your way is all knowing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today / Dunamis Gospel Music Concert: Dogara, Sinach, Chioma Jesus, Nathaniel Bassey / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.