Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (44912 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Christian Family To Atheism To Jesus Christ: My Explanations / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Pidggin(f): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngestland:

pain atheist in the ass why? you sound like a young guy

athiesm is not a religion bros we are not competing for humans we believe everyone should use their head

i always tell people you cant be an athiest because of another person its personal you have to be the one to take that decision after you have carefully taught of it. please e no go pain us because we no they find followers abeg

nice one op I still hope I will get an evidence that there is a god because am seriously searching but till then I they my lane

When Thomas asked for a sign to prove that Jesus had indeed resurrected, Christ showed Him and he testified by worshipping Him with these words "My Lord and my God!"

However, Christ released an everlasting blessing on those who believe without evidence on that day by saying "You believe because you have seen, BLESSED are those who believe without seeing"

I was not always a strong believer, the truth is I didn't fully believe God is real. Until I actually experienced the "Hand of God"

Friend, God is 100% real, I believe this with my whole heart and I pray He will reveal Himself to you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Pidggin(f): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Thanks guys. Your comments are really encouraging. And it's great to see believers out here, not giving up on these atheists. God bless you all. More grace.

Welcome to the Kingdom of light smiley

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by allanphash7(m): 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
I dont have much to say but take this image
TheSixthSense:
This is my story. It is quite long but quite interesting. I hope to do in 2 parts. Please read

I was baptised, as a child, in an anglican church, had a couple of years as a pentecostal then as soon as I became a teenager, attending church became optional. I only went if I really had to, but there was no compulsion. Attendance waned to almost zero as time passed. But I didn't discard my belief in God, and if I had to pray I would in Jesus’ name. Besides, how could there not be a god? when you’re never too far away to hear spooky stories from boarding school students, villagers, and people with haunting experiences; and if you, by any chance, didn’t, there was always a Nigerian movie to bring it all to your living room.

Going further, with the amount of information accessible on the internet, I started having questions about christianity, especially about the type common in Nigeria, although I wasn’t really keen on seeking for answers. But, one thing was that I became increasingly irritated by preachers living in opulence, using bullet proof cars, body guards, and jets, like pop stars while they had many poor and struggling people in their congregation, especially when I found that most of these preachers owned virtually nothing when they had started.

Didn’t the european missionaries who brought christianity, free education, healthcare and the bible - the same one we use till this day - leave the comfort of their countries, homes and families risking persecution and death for what they believed? I thought. Certainly, this couldn’t be the same Jesus, these preachers and their followers become so excited talking about. The Jesus I knew as a child from my A&M hymn book was a friend to the poor, meek and lowly; and I doubted if He were physically present, He would be the one in Armani suits using the most sophisticated gadgets. He certainly wouldn't live and act like these preachers did.

For this reason, I preferred devout muslims - not that I ever considered becoming one but because they were principled, kind and generally nicer in my experience - to the christian counterparts.

As a young lad predisposed to politics, psychology, science, and real hip hop -‘real recognise real.' I became savvy with Google search for almost every question that crossed my mind - and being a thoughtful person, I usually had a lot about everything. So, in 2014, while following the Israeli-Hamas conflict on the news - you didn’t have to watch the news for long to know about it because there were only two issues at the time and the other was the missing MH-370 - seeing the killing of people, including children by air strikes - although the Israeli claimed that they always fired warning strikes to allow for evacuation before actual decimation of targets-. However, I vividly remember an interview of a doctor, after a bombing of a UN reserved hospital by the Israeli forces, absolutely furious at the damage and injuries inflicted by the strike and how he said “...this is a hospital for God’s sake.”

I felt so much empathy for the doctor and the injured, thus, a barrage of questions started coming into my mind. I wondered if this Israel is the same one talked about in the Bible, If God supports this country, regardless, because they are His people, and from a song, or bible knowledge as a child, we were told Saul killed thousands and David killed tens of thousands: I wondered if these people killed were real people, I wondered which tribe they would be if they still exist in present day; and having those images in my mind, I wondered how God could support the murder of thousands by David because he loved God and is described as ‘a man after God’s heart.’

So, I got curious, I started my search with ‘How many people did King David kill?’ coupled with other search leads, I came across a book “God’s killings in the Bible” by Steve Wells - it counts the number of people God killed directly, and indirectly as recorded in the Bible - and bought it. To cut the long story, I didn’t finish reading the book before I became entirely uninterested in christianity. I no longer wanted to be identified with this ‘God’ that kills and supports the killings of the innocent.

However, I didn’t become an atheist after that, not yet. I only didn't want to be identified as a christian or be associated with it. I also looked up arguments, watched videos and got books from some of the most vocal atheists like Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss. Highly intelligent scientists although they’ve become more known for atheism than science. And as a scientist myself, I was impressed by their knowledge and arguments, and it only made science more desirable and fascinating to me. I am one of them, I would like to think.
Something noteworthy is that the more you know about science, you almost know evolution isn’t even an argument, you would feel stupid if you argued for creation, as an undergraduate, maybe you would get a pass, but afterwards No, just no. In fact, having faith or being religious only limits what you can achieve in the sciences. Especially with the recent discovery of the Higgs boson, the ‘God particle’ described by a scientist as ‘another nail in the coffin of religion.'

Anyway, when I returned to Nigeria, I noticed the proliferation of churches in every space like a malignant tumour, with competing ubiquitous billboards of ‘this and that’ ministry with smiling faces of pastors and their wives at every junction. Also those of politicians saying ‘God has given me the divine mandate' 'God has blessed,' 'God has appointed,' 'Power is from God’ ‘the voice of the people is the voice of God’ even by the ones in the occult, that were prayed against the previous year had turned around to become favourites of the same people. Worse still, they even get more celebrated in these churches.

Another thing I noticed was that this ‘christianity' despised the poor, that my childhood Jesus loves. I could remember in my younger days, churches used to offer hope, especially to the poor and downtrodden, but not these ones, they not only oppress the poor but also persuade them to rejoice with their pastors in their greed - I’m sure they would call it inspiration/motivation for semantics. They would tell them that it is their fault they are not rich because 'poverty is a curse’ ‘Jesus was very rich on earth’ 'If Noah wasn’t rich how did he build the ark?’ ’No faith’ ‘salt of the earth’ ‘...everything would be added on you’ and these come from same people that ask their congregation for money for every project they can think about, even for their maintenance.

The same people who had nothing and depended (often depends) on the benevolence of members to start and maintain their churches would after some time miraculously have wealth and finance tips to share - always a triangle of ‘faith, sowing seeds, and tithing’ and trust they don’t tell those without curse-laden threats attached ‘You invoke curses on yourself if you don’t pay/give...’ ‘you rob God’ ‘You can never reap if you don’t sow’ ‘You will become poor if you don’t give to God’ and ‘You are joking with your future/life if you don’t give.’ Thus, creating a society of avarice and impatience in the hearts, even among people with no skill or and qualifications, little if any. 'Everybody wan hammer', even the ones that only know a few bible verses and every detail about their pastor’s rag to riches story.

I often asked, even if this was God - because these guys often didn’t go without their wonder works that were usually propagated by their members - is it moral for someone who always asks for, not borrow, money for everything s/he is about to do to live in ostentatious opulence, brazenly up in your face? I know every nigerian is familiar with the derogatory term ‘borrow-pose’ and that’s even for borrowing.

Witnessing all these, I got even more incensed, I would have to lose a lot of brain cells to join this madness. Isn’t this why we are regressive in our development as a people and as a nation? There had to be no god, if not, why hadn’t he struck these people like described in countless occasions in the bible. There has to be no god, even the politicians knew it and they use it as tools to garner support in spite of the evil and wickedness they inflict in our society. There is no god.

I couldn’t bear all the madness anymore, better to use my time for sleeping than pray to this god that doesn’t help anyone except these preachers. So I quit and became an atheist, but remained informed about my decision.

Then came the stigma, once you say 'I don’t believe in God’ it strikes fear in almost every christian in Nigeria. They don’t ask you why, they never even, they fear you more than a known murderer and thief. In fact, keep saying that and you would find you have no friends left. Some would invite you to church, most times they don’t even know why they are going themselves, can’t even articulate what they believe in, you ask even basic questions about their faith and they would be unable to answer, but they get very uncomfortable if you refuse to go to church with them. Convince me, and I would go but no, they won’t even try, they just want you to follow them like sheep.

One thing I can take away from Steve Wells book is that most christians haven’t read the whole Bible - although he thinks, like many atheists, that if they actually do they would become atheists themselves after they find out about all the violence, ‘immorality’ and prejudice that is never preached about in sermons.- In Nigeria, it’s even worse because we don’t read at all. Probably, why many times anything that a pastor says is ‘it is written' and final, just about anything.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Mockinbird: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Welcome back man!

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by agwom(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Congratulations for choosing Jesus...

6 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by sexymoma(f): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
TheSixthSense, I praise God for your life. I've also been in such a situation. I stem from an islamic background and later professed Christ (after someone preached to me) even though I didnt even know what I was into. I sought to know the reality of the scriptures. Nigerian churches were not helping matters. During my service year, I had to stop going to church because the preaching and testimonies and even seats were clear show off, no single regard for the poor and needy. They had few churches around and most were the same. I remember my older brother who had just got converted telling me to just seek God and keep an open mind. I had told him earlier that i'm okay and I live a good life, I didnt need anybody to tell me what to do.
I didnt want to be affliated with religion or even atheism. I just wanted to be that free intelligent and self-reliant human. My parents also encouraged freedom of religion so that made it easy.

I "enjoyed" my life to the fullest. What we call enjoyment is actually killing us. I lost 2 of my friends to alcohol. One drowned while drunk, the other died while driving him to the hospital. I remember we had an accident while coming back from a club in lagos, the car summersaulted from overspeeding, no one was injured, we all got down laughing at our drunk friends who drove.

Recently one of my very close friends called me to tell me that she does not have a womb anymore. Do I need to talk about my battle with glaucoma. Most of the friends that I had are either addicts of alcohol, marijuana e.t.c. So I smile when atheists are telling me to enjoy my life. I actually live a better life right now than the sick, unrestrained and devil controlled life I've lived as a young man. I've noticed that the devil is in control of most of the lives of those people who think they are directing themselves.

My being sober still did not lead me to Christ, an ex-cultist made me see the world for what it really is. A man who was active in a spiritual realm controlled by demons started to tell me the inner workings of such government. I started to think to myself "are these things real?"...

Bros, lemme just stop here. I've seen things in this life. I'm more than convinced that Jesus is Lord. Maybe I should just open a thread on why I am a Christian.
Bros i'll be curiously waiting to see the thread... i beg you pls quote me when you've finally decide to open your thread. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by yomz1e(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
King Leopold advise the Evilstian missionary to make Congolese blacks embrace poverty, obey their missionary masters, lead them to believe that God is white and so whites are more godlier than them, make the strong black man a weakling in front of their wives and children, taught them to despise riches, bring their riches to the white missionaries and submit to their evil ways why hiding the real Christ from them, sadly this is the same principle some of these pastors are using entrapping peoples mind, making them accept their failure as its God's will for me to be poor.Go to some churches, they celebrate and revered their pastors more than God self.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ayobase(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
Let's keep praying for Oluwaseun Osewa.

As his name implies, we must surely thank God over his life.

Congrats TheSixthSense, and welcome back to the light.

14 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ubiR(f): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:
TheSixthSense, I praise God for your life. I've also been in such a situation. I stem from an islamic background and later professed Christ (after someone preached to me) even though I didnt even know what I was into. I sought to know the reality of the scriptures. Nigerian churches were not helping matters. During my service year, I had to stop going to church because the preaching and testimonies and even seats were clear show off, no single regard for the poor and needy. They had few churches around and most were the same. I remember my older brother who had just got converted telling me to just seek God and keep an open mind. I had told him earlier that i'm okay and I live a good life, I didnt need anybody to tell me what to do.
I didnt want to be affliated with religion or even atheism. I just wanted to be that free intelligent and self-reliant human. My parents also encouraged freedom of religion so that made it easy.

I "enjoyed" my life to the fullest. What we call enjoyment is actually killing us. I lost 2 of my friends to alcohol. One drowned while drunk, the other died while driving him to the hospital. I remember we had an accident while coming back from a club in lagos, the car summersaulted from overspeeding, no one was injured, we all got down laughing at our drunk friends who drove.

Recently one of my very close friends called me to tell me that she does not have a womb anymore. Do I need to talk about my battle with glaucoma. Most of the friends that I had are either addicts of alcohol, marijuana e.t.c. So I smile when atheists are telling me to enjoy my life. I actually live a better life right now than the sick, unrestrained and devil controlled life I've lived as a young man. I've noticed that the devil is in control of most of the lives of those people who think they are directing themselves.

My being sober still did not lead me to Christ, an ex-cultist made me see the world for what it really is. A man who was active in a spiritual realm controlled by demons started to tell me the inner workings of such government. I started to think to myself "are these things real?"...

Bros, lemme just stop here. I've seen things in this life. I'm more than convinced that Jesus is Lord. Maybe I should just open a thread on why I am a Christian.
http://www.lsm.org/tracts.html
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by lumydee44: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngestland:

hmmm I think I have an insight to why you are always attacking athiest you think we are athiest because we want to drink smoke womanize etc no brother thats not it

am an athiest I dont drink because I know its bad for my health I dont womanize because I love my partner smoking is far from me I live a very quiet life
atheism doesnt mean drinking and partying even christians drink and party its a personal thing which is done by both athiest and theist
Bless you Bro. It's a personal decision
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ubiR(f): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
This is my story. It is quite long but quite interesting. I hope to do in 2 parts. Please read

I was baptised, as a child, in an anglican church, had a couple of years as a pentecostal then as soon as I became a teenager, attending church became optional. I only went if I really had to, but there was no compulsion. Attendance waned to almost zero as time passed. But I didn't discard my belief in God, and if I had to pray I would in Jesus’ name. Besides, how could there not be a god? when you’re never too far away to hear spooky stories from boarding school students, villagers, and people with haunting experiences; and if you, by any chance, didn’t, there was always a Nigerian movie to bring it all to your living room.

Going further, with the amount of information accessible on the internet, I started having questions about christianity, especially about the type common in Nigeria, although I wasn’t really keen on seeking for answers. But, one thing was that I became increasingly irritated by preachers living in opulence, using bullet proof cars, body guards, and jets, like pop stars while they had many poor and struggling people in their congregation, especially when I found that most of these preachers owned virtually nothing when they had started.

Didn’t the european missionaries who brought christianity, free education, healthcare and the bible - the same one we use till this day - leave the comfort of their countries, homes and families risking persecution and death for what they believed? I thought. Certainly, this couldn’t be the same Jesus, these preachers and their followers become so excited talking about. The Jesus I knew as a child from my A&M hymn book was a friend to the poor, meek and lowly; and I doubted if He were physically present, He would be the one in Armani suits using the most sophisticated gadgets. He certainly wouldn't live and act like these preachers did.

For this reason, I preferred devout muslims - not that I ever considered becoming one but because they were principled, kind and generally nicer in my experience - to the christian counterparts.

As a young lad predisposed to politics, psychology, science, and real hip hop -‘real recognise real.' I became savvy with Google search for almost every question that crossed my mind - and being a thoughtful person, I usually had a lot about everything. So, in 2014, while following the Israeli-Hamas conflict on the news - you didn’t have to watch the news for long to know about it because there were only two issues at the time and the other was the missing MH-370 - seeing the killing of people, including children by air strikes - although the Israeli claimed that they always fired warning strikes to allow for evacuation before actual decimation of targets-. However, I vividly remember an interview of a doctor, after a bombing of a UN reserved hospital by the Israeli forces, absolutely furious at the damage and injuries inflicted by the strike and how he said “...this is a hospital for God’s sake.”

I felt so much empathy for the doctor and the injured, thus, a barrage of questions started coming into my mind. I wondered if this Israel is the same one talked about in the Bible, If God supports this country, regardless, because they are His people, and from a song, or bible knowledge as a child, we were told Saul killed thousands and David killed tens of thousands: I wondered if these people killed were real people, I wondered which tribe they would be if they still exist in present day; and having those images in my mind, I wondered how God could support the murder of thousands by David because he loved God and is described as ‘a man after God’s heart.’

So, I got curious, I started my search with ‘How many people did King David kill?’ coupled with other search leads, I came across a book “God’s killings in the Bible” by Steve Wells - it counts the number of people God killed directly, and indirectly as recorded in the Bible - and bought it. To cut the long story, I didn’t finish reading the book before I became entirely uninterested in christianity. I no longer wanted to be identified with this ‘God’ that kills and supports the killings of the innocent.

However, I didn’t become an atheist after that, not yet. I only didn't want to be identified as a christian or be associated with it. I also looked up arguments, watched videos and got books from some of the most vocal atheists like Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss. Highly intelligent scientists although they’ve become more known for atheism than science. And as a scientist myself, I was impressed by their knowledge and arguments, and it only made science more desirable and fascinating to me. I am one of them, I would like to think.
Something noteworthy is that the more you know about science, you almost know evolution isn’t even an argument, you would feel stupid if you argued for creation, as an undergraduate, maybe you would get a pass, but afterwards No, just no. In fact, having faith or being religious only limits what you can achieve in the sciences. Especially with the recent discovery of the Higgs boson, the ‘God particle’ described by a scientist as ‘another nail in the coffin of religion.'

Anyway, when I returned to Nigeria, I noticed the proliferation of churches in every space like a malignant tumour, with competing ubiquitous billboards of ‘this and that’ ministry with smiling faces of pastors and their wives at every junction. Also those of politicians saying ‘God has given me the divine mandate' 'God has blessed,' 'God has appointed,' 'Power is from God’ ‘the voice of the people is the voice of God’ even by the ones in the occult, that were prayed against the previous year had turned around to become favourites of the same people. Worse still, they even get more celebrated in these churches.

Another thing I noticed was that this ‘christianity' despised the poor, that my childhood Jesus loves. I could remember in my younger days, churches used to offer hope, especially to the poor and downtrodden, but not these ones, they not only oppress the poor but also persuade them to rejoice with their pastors in their greed - I’m sure they would call it inspiration/motivation for semantics. They would tell them that it is their fault they are not rich because 'poverty is a curse’ ‘Jesus was very rich on earth’ 'If Noah wasn’t rich how did he build the ark?’ ’No faith’ ‘salt of the earth’ ‘...everything would be added on you’ and these come from same people that ask their congregation for money for every project they can think about, even for their maintenance.

The same people who had nothing and depended (often depends) on the benevolence of members to start and maintain their churches would after some time miraculously have wealth and finance tips to share - always a triangle of ‘faith, sowing seeds, and tithing’ and trust they don’t tell those without curse-laden threats attached ‘You invoke curses on yourself if you don’t pay/give...’ ‘you rob God’ ‘You can never reap if you don’t sow’ ‘You will become poor if you don’t give to God’ and ‘You are joking with your future/life if you don’t give.’ Thus, creating a society of avarice and impatience in the hearts, even among people with no skill or and qualifications, little if any. 'Everybody wan hammer', even the ones that only know a few bible verses and every detail about their pastor’s rag to riches story.

I often asked, even if this was God - because these guys often didn’t go without their wonder works that were usually propagated by their members - is it moral for someone who always asks for, not borrow, money for everything s/he is about to do to live in ostentatious opulence, brazenly up in your face? I know every nigerian is familiar with the derogatory term ‘borrow-pose’ and that’s even for borrowing.

Witnessing all these, I got even more incensed, I would have to lose a lot of brain cells to join this madness. Isn’t this why we are regressive in our development as a people and as a nation? There had to be no god, if not, why hadn’t he struck these people like described in countless occasions in the bible. There has to be no god, even the politicians knew it and they use it as tools to garner support in spite of the evil and wickedness they inflict in our society. There is no god.

I couldn’t bear all the madness anymore, better to use my time for sleeping than pray to this god that doesn’t help anyone except these preachers. So I quit and became an atheist, but remained informed about my decision.

Then came the stigma, once you say 'I don’t believe in God’ it strikes fear in almost every christian in Nigeria. They don’t ask you why, they never even, they fear you more than a known murderer and thief. In fact, keep saying that and you would find you have no friends left. Some would invite you to church, most times they don’t even know why they are going themselves, can’t even articulate what they believe in, you ask even basic questions about their faith and they would be unable to answer, but they get very uncomfortable if you refuse to go to church with them. Convince me, and I would go but no, they won’t even try, they just want you to follow them like sheep.

One thing I can take away from Steve Wells book is that most christians haven’t read the whole Bible - although he thinks, like many atheists, that if they actually do they would become atheists themselves after they find out about all the violence, ‘immorality’ and prejudice that is never preached about in sermons.- In Nigeria, it’s even worse because we don’t read at all. Probably, why many times anything that a pastor says is ‘it is written' and final, just about anything.
http://www.lsm.org/tracts.html
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by neocortex: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
promise10:

I tell you sis. The title just made up my few moments ago!

Chai! @op atheist will not be happyoooo. Damn!

Things like this can pain atheists in the ass!

zzzzy:
Following. I love the title "Atheism to Jesus"

You guys are more interested in the title than the content.
It is a fact that the more people know about their religion/god
the less their believe.
Please Read!

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by SuperSupremo(m): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Tune in for Part 2: Road to Redemption

Please bear with me, I'll post as soon as possible. I've got quite a lot on my hands currently. But trust now because of you guys I've got more motivation to finish the story. I just don't want to leave out any detail.

Hope to see you being muslim soon and move from Jesus to God

I mean 1 God literally and not triune god.

Tittle: From Atheism,Jesus to Almighty God

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by zzzzy: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
neocortex:

You guys are more interested in the title than the content.
It is a fact that the more people know about their religion/god
the less their believe.
Please Read!
do you know why i said i loved the title?

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by neocortex: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I understand you bro/sis. There is a reason why the title is 'Atheism to Jesus' and not christianity. All the womanising, drinking and partying you see around you by these so called 'christians' don't be discouraged, they are doing the works of their father, the devil. In my experience, It's almost impossible telling these 'christians' that their heading for destruction because they think they already know God and they probably speak in tongues.

But, if you seek Jesus sincerely - for He is One that searches the hearts and minds - He will come, He will make Himself real to you and you know experience trumps all logic any day. I know it may sound strange to you now, like it always did to me but I pray that you eventually accept Christ so He will give you a new spirit and you become one in Spirit with God, then you'll understand because these things are spiritually discerned, they are foolishness to the carnal man.

Don't you think christianity will become less appealing
should we factor out the "so-called christian" since they
apparently make up most of the billion figure that is
often quoted ?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by neocortex: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pidggin:

When Thomas asked for a sign to prove that Jesus had indeed resurrected, Christ showed Him and he testified by worshipping Him with these words "My Lord and my God!"

However, Christ released an everlasting blessing on those who believe without evidence on that day by saying "You believe because you have seen, BLESSED are those who believe without seeing"

I was not always a strong believer, the truth is I didn't fully believe God is real. Until I actually experienced the "Hand of God"

Friend, God is 100% real, I believe this with my whole heart and I pray He will reveal Himself to you.

Wow , this is one of the greatest proof I have seen.
Pidggin says god is real , therefore it is the truth.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by neocortex: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
4everGod:

You would wait for 100yrs for this to make front page. No thread that shows the weakness of Atheism has ever made it there. The anti christian conspiracy here is gargantuan.

We can count the number of Atheists thread that have ever graced front page,
but uncountable number of christian threads have reached front page, but
unfortunately, your persecution complex and existential fear won't let you see
that.
The imaginary enemy are always at the gates!

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by kingofthejungle(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
no prove only tales of fallacies and stories

next!!!

4 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by EMPERORLEEE(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
I celebrate you my brother, Welcome into the light.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
neocortex:

We can count the number of Atheists thread that have ever graced front page,
but uncountable number of christian threads have reached front page, but
unfortunately, your persecution complex and existential fear won't let you see
that.
The imaginary enemy are always at the gates!

Atheists threads do not grace front page because Atheism is not popular so cannot generate traffic. Christianity on the other hand generates traffic which is why it always graces from page. Seun is not stupid with business. To Seun its business but to me its persecution yes you can take that conclusion to the bank.

The owner of nairaland is an Atheist so go figure especially when 80% of the Christian threads that hit front page are about the supposed evils in Christianity.

10 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Atheism inhibits development and kills curiosity . Thank God you have joined the winning team . You have left darkness , foolishness , deception and are now in the presence of light , bestowed with wisdom and have finally found truth .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Swizdom(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
When I think about a writer who takes the seat of a driver to take one smoothly on a roller-coaster, this Op comes to mind.

You write like a god!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by hungryboy(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
Maybe I no dey see well,.
But after after reading what the Op wrote,
I don't think his experience is convincing enough to turn an atheist to Christ,
It's either dude was never an atheist,
Or he is a Christian, who is just trying to counter Hardmirror's 'From Pastor to Atheist' topic with fake tales

4 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by geosegun(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:

Please do. I am looking forward to more exposition on this topics. Lived would be blessed. Lots of people are at Cross Road. You never can tell whose lives would be save as a result of your experience. It looks like a nice read.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by kazyhm(m): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
winner01:

I think you are more confused than convinced

you can't save a man from himself !

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by eyinjuege: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
Religion or the lack of it is such a personal thing. Too personal and important that it's enshrined in most sane constitutions.
I also believe it should stay personal.
Equally important is the concept of humanity. If only man could be humane towards each other, the world will be almost perfect.
Regarding religion, some people find their peace there. Some find hope, and a reason to continue living because of what they get from their religIion.
It's not right to bs anyone's beliefs or lack of it.
A time comes in everyone's life when you'll shout eureka. Either finding peace at last with religion or even finding your peace without religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
hungryboy:
Maybe I no dey see well,.
But after after reading what the Op wrote,
I don't think his experience is convincing enough to turn an atheist to Christ,
It's either dude was never an atheist,
Or he is a Christian, who is just trying to counter Hardmirror's 'From Pastor to Atheist' topic with fake tales

Hardmirror is so insignificant that nobody even bothers about him anymore. The OP is the real deal and if you cannot deal with that then thats your cup of tea... just dont meditate on it loudly...inner reflection would suffice.

9 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Rexyl(m): 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Thanks, I would certainly

It looks like your post is misleading or you have not concluded your testimony. One would discover there is contradiction between the topic and the content. Anyway if your testimony is rooted in knowing and coming back to Christ and the easiest faith in God he has brought but which many find to follow, then Congrats.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
kazyhm:

I think you are more confused than convinced

you can't save a man from himself !

smh. Where did he say he saved himself from himself or even where did he say he saved a man from himself?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Shym3xx: 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lol.

From a modern whitey crap to the medieval whitey crap. grin

You've been whitewashed. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Osun Election: What Happened To Prophet Mike Agboola's Prophecy? / Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.