Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,368 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (45035 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Christian Family To Atheism To Jesus Christ: My Explanations / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by DrMaths(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2016
obeenah40:

Yes i did ,To the last comment
Thanks Boss

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Ranchhoddas: 10:45am On Aug 18, 2016
@ Sixthsense. Continue your story.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by OgundeleT(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2016
4evergod2:

Are you the grand patron of Atheism? What makes you say the OP was not an Atheist? Care to share your own story so we can clearly tell you that you are not an Atheist and is only going through the motions?

You just jumpt and speak for the sake of being heard. If to you he was not an Atheist how does that change his testimony? If he had said he was a Christian who became an Atheist would you have said he was never a Christian?
Abeg park well.
nothing like grand patron in atheism, it is just disbelief in any deity. whether you are good, bad, womanise, steal, rob. once you don't belief any deity then you are atheist. but almost 99% of theist i av met on nairaland(you inclusive) dont know what atheism mean

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by hahn(m): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2016
OgundeleT:

nothing like grand patron in atheism, it is just disbelief in any deity. whether you are good, bad, womanise, steal, rob. once you don't belief any deity then you are atheist. but almost 99% of theist i av met on nairaland(you inclusive) dont know what atheism mean

To theists, especially Christians, it is always a competition. They compete among themselves, hence 33,000 denominations, and you can either be for or against.

The only time Christians unite is against atheists. smiley

Since atheists do not believe in their god, we are most definitely in the opposition. They don't care about any other detail

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by thorpido(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2016
hahn:

To theists, especially Christians, it is always a competition. They compete among themselves, hence 33,000 denominations, and you can either be for or against.

The only time Christians unite is against atheists. smiley

Since atheists do not believe in their god, we are most definitely in the opposition. They don't care about any other detail
Of what relevance is the bolded and what competition are you talking about?

Perhaps it's all in your mind.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I couldn’t bear all the madness anymore, better to use my time for sleeping than pray to this god that doesn’t help anyone except these preachers. So I quit and became an atheist, but remained informed about my decision.
It seems your decision to become an atheist was driven by the disgust you felt for those obviously fake preachers. It wasn't based on the lack of any good evidence for the existence of God. You were an emotional atheist, not a rational one, and so could be reconverted through emotions.

TheSixthSense:
I also opened up to a lot of mystical beliefs, there had to be a bit of truth in everything other than christianity, Zodiac, psychic reading, law of attraction, New age positive thinking, and zen relaxation.
So even as an atheist, you still believed in all sorts of nonsense for which the evidence is just as poor as the evidence for the existence of God.

Anyway, my road to redemption started after I watched the movie 'The Conjuring’ not that I am a movie person but what sparked my interest was that it was based on a true story.
Due to your lack of a skeptical system of thinking, it didn't occur to you that the "true story" that it was based on could be a lie. The people who told the story are "paranormal investigators" who have every reason to lie about their experiences as those lying pastors you despised.

So I got the book about the protagonists in the movie 'The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Loraine Warren.’
Of course you did.

I found that they keep an occult museum where they display paraphernalia such as photos, recordings, and objects from every case, for exhibition. ‘Some of the objects and amulets stored are so negatively ‘charged’ that just by holding one of the items it is possible to provoke the original spirit to manifest or cause possession to occur instantly’
Obviously, if a person who believes this nonsense holds the items, he will feel something (his own irrational fear manifesting as goosebumps).

‘there is the long black spike a satanic witch used long ago to murder her newborn infant as a sacrifice to the devil'
How did they find out what the spike was used for? Did they find blood on the spike? Did they test the DNA and find it to match the story? If objective authorities thought that this story could be true, would they not have confiscated the spike as evidence and arrested the witch?

also skulls as chalices for drinking blood etc were being kept in the museum.
Whose blood were they drinking and why haven't the blood drinkers been arrested for the murders of the people the blood came from?

Now, I didn’t need to go to the museum to find out if they were true or not, I was just utterly disgusted by even reading about them.
See? Your decisions about the nature of reality are based on your emotional reactions rather than any objective examination of the evidence.

In fact, if you get to that point in the book, you would have gotten a vivid picture of the wickedness and darkness people get involved with.
There is no more evidence for the existence of the supernatural in any 'occult' book then there is in Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.

How people can in the convenience of their bedroom summon/invoke all the evil in the world by simple rituals or simply attract them in ignorance by their actions. So that when you hear a christian say God said ‘The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked’ you cannot help but agree in your unbelief.
"The mind of man is gullible above all things" is a more appropriate saying. What actual evidence of these "evil powers" do you have?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by 4evergod2: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2016
OgundeleT:

You seem not to understand my question. You were quick to jump on a self assumption that his thread was a counter to the inconsequential hardmirrors thread which is absolutely ridiculous. Its like saying my thread on how i encountered God and became an evangelist is also a counter to that thread and i asked you a simple question.

If the OP had titled this thread "From Christian to Atheist ...my story" would you have said he was never a Christian?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
honourhim:

Truth and nothing but the truth.
Its unfortunate how the devil blinds this people to believe that whatever they have not experienced does not exist. Some even dont want to experience at all so as not to be confronted with the truth. Some of them knows they are living a lie but they dont want to come out of it.
It's not them really. Most of them are host to demons. Most of the time, demons are the ones speaking through these folks, until there's an encounter and they are set free, they will never know.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
SirWere:
Now, you claim you are happier with religion Jesus. You extol all The virtues being "reborn" makes you. You said you feel happier and "No longer in bondage'.

1. But I noticed you made no mention of a definite proof. Yes, you say Experience trumps argument and I agree. You then enjoin all atheists to "truly search"

But will you be interested to know that 2. most Nl atheist are actually open to new evidences That they usually come from deeply religious backgrounds and 'spiritual ' institutions? That they have searched height and depth, up and down for evidences only to find disappointments

3. There are many recorded cases of religious warriors here turning agnostic here on NL. While their stories are different, one thing unites it. They searched for proof and didn't find any.

Perhaps experience is the best way. But there are 7billion people on Earth right now.
If God showed himself to each, it'll take A while.

But perhaps I'm wrong though. Perhaps the almighty will reveal himself in the full course of time. But until then I'll be living my life, doing the little good I can and fully taking responsibility for my actions.

And when I die, I hope to do so with a smile on my face[b] 4. knowing I've done the best I could[/b], with no expectation of a reward.

Thanks for the questions. It seems you are open. Thank you again because of this I would complete the testimony, at least the part 3. The testimony is ongoing.

Quite a number here have been inspired by these posts, not because it's even the greatest story or testimony but perhaps because it portrays the sincerity I write these with. I get more understanding by the day by providing answers to you guys and indeed God gives wisdom. God is all-knowing, He knows the end from the beginning. He knows experience supersedes any other thing you can hold on to and that He is always willing to give to those that want to find Him.

1. Now, permit me to ask, if you tell me that you boiled an egg for 10 minutes then it hatched into a chick and I doubt your story and 'experience', what are the steps I should take to investigate if your story is true?

I am a scientist, so this is how I would go about it, instead of reacting with disbelief and calling you names(not you). Firstly, I will ask you for the exact procedure for boiling, where you got the egg, what kind of egg, what kind of water, precise time of heating etc then proceed to reproduce your experiment/experience in my lab. If it doesn't work, I will repeat then repeat then conclude that you are a quack and probably sue you for wasting my time and research money. I have said here many times, I only describe how I found and experience Jesus. Have you tried to do the same things that I did if you are actually looking to verify the Jesus experience? At least you agree experience is more valid.

2. I challenge them to do exactly what I have asked them to do here. God gives us free will, He is NOT like the devil, so if you test and see and you don't like the experience, you can simply walk away. There is no death penalty for apostasy. You are free.

3. You see when you know all the letters of the law, like the pharisees, it only becomes a ritual and at some point (which everyone gets to in life), you would ask: Why do I keep doing this everyday, when I don't even see results? You can only deceive yourself for so long. Same would happen if you searched around superior arguments -which is less valid than experience - to choose your religion. You would still arrive at the same question or the moment you find another superior argument you would leave the religion.
But, hear this, spiritual things are spiritually discerned(1 Cor 2:14) seek the Spirit, He will come and the beauty is that there is no prerequisite, just come as you are. then you would get the Jesus experience, and when you feel the joy and peace and love you would never want to lose it for anything in the world, talk less of a flimsy excuse of a superior argument. Then you would understand why a former atheist that has never written anything this long in defence of anything in his entire life is so passionate about telling you about Jesus, especially when he doesn't even know much of the letters of scripture like the religious warriors you had described.

4. No, I totally disagree. You have not even tried. Most of you are afraid of calling out to the Spirit of the living God. Seek Jesus. And whether you believe or not there are consequences for rejecting Him but I pray you will someday be redeemed.

And like I said in a previous post, if you are serious about looking for a job, won't you look for a person that keeps the kind of job you have and ask how they applied for and secured the job in the first place? Would you say someone that digs up many arguments about people looking for those kind of jobs is serious about getting one?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by vislabraye(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
@ Thesixthsense. Have you found JESUS ? I thought you were going to tell us how you found Jesus. The problem is that you looked up to men more than you looked up to Jesus.
I know Jesus is real cause I have seen miracles before. If you happen to be a medical doctor and you handle a patient who is at the point of death but one day, his status changes. You will be convinced that God is real.
I know some who suffered a terrible heart disease. It was so bad that doctors could not draw blood out of her body because the blood was thick. She got healed in a church and since then she has lived for over 26 years and is still alive today.
I've seen and heard several such encounters before. Fact is, men of God can be funny at times because they are human.

4 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
I must say it is a pleasure having you on here Seun. Revival has come. Glory to God

1. It seems your decision to become an atheist was driven by the disgust you felt for those obviously fake preachers. It wasn't based on the lack of any good evidence for the existence of God. You were an emotional atheist, not a rational one, and so could be reconverted through emotions.

It never made me less of an atheist anyway. Atheism is not a belief system, it is simply disbelief in the supernatural and one way or another all atheists got driven by something. I no longer believed in God because the God described in religious book I knew about struck so many people dead from instant judgement. The stories were fantasies to me. You may call my reason emotional, others have intellectual, others from there environment but it doesn't make anyone less of an atheist. As long as you disbelieve, you become an atheist. When do we even begin to be rational, if I may ask? Are babies and little children rational? or do we develop 'rationality' by our experiences?

2. So even as an atheist, you still believed in all sorts of nonsense for which the evidence is just as poor as the evidence for the existence of God.

Due to your lack of a skeptical system of thinking, it didn't occur to you that the "true story" that it was based on could be a lie. The people who told the story are "paranormal investigators" who have every reason to lie about their experiences as those lying pastors you despised.

Last I checked there are no defined set of rules for atheism. It is simply disbelief in the supernatural. Experience is more valid than any other argument or logic or rationality in the court of law. I have asked here for atheists and other religious people here to be just and fair in reacting by instantly by discarding experiences of victims of pedophilia, many who cannot even speak or know what happened to them. Do these 'atheists' simply 'believe' the evidence of pictures and videos or would they, like in my case, look for superior arguments using rationality and logic to establish that the victim was actually defiled?

Also, I mentioned that in the book they keep a museum where these items are displayed. There are pictures in the book as well. Look it up, if you doubt, simply visit the museum yourself, If you still doubt ask to see the charged objects and use them. For me, I was utterly disgusted even by reading about them. There are videos all over the internet, why don't you guys look for the answers yourself rather than analysing my story. And looking for arguments. Watch the videos, read the book (the book isn't a religious book) visit the museum. Then come back and say you are an atheist. As for me, I realised that I had been in denial all along. I would rather get full information and harness the power about something than to be in denial and risk being clueless when/if in encounter with the phenomenon.

3. How did they find out what the spike was used for? Did they find blood on the spike? Did they test the DNA and find it to match the story? If objective authorities thought that this story could be true, would they not have confiscated the spike as evidence and arrested the witch?

I laughed hard at this. They performed exorcisms on occasions fully recorded. There is a museum they keep where the recordings and items are on display. There are also pictures in the book. Read the book. I challenge you all to. Only one who doesn't have a conscience left in them won't be moved by the wickedness these guys investigated. Ed Warren was not even a christian, he would have preferred that these spirits had some other kind of explanation. But he admitted, you may not believe in God but the spirits do and they only react to God and Jesus Christ and christian religious items.

4. Whose blood were they drinking and why haven't the blood drinkers been arrested for the murders of the people the blood came from?

You don't go investigating a documentary to verify, if everything you watched is true, will you? They have a museum, these things are verifyable from them. Ed is late, but his wife Loraine is alive. Take a trip. Look for answers you seek. Don't look for arguments because that's all you are going to find. Look for spirits, you sure would find them. With the internet you can get a recipe to invite one to your house. As for me I chose the good and righteous God, Jesus Christ. And I tell of my experience with Him and He is has given me peace and unspeakable joy and hope I never knew was part of the package. I thought it was only protection.

See? Your decisions about the nature of reality are based on your emotional reactions rather than any objective examination of the evidence.

There is no more evidence for the existence of the supernatural in any 'occult' book then there is in Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.

"The mind of man is gullible above all things" is a more appropriate saying. What actual evidence of these "evil powers" do you have?

Look for Jesus, invite Him He will come and you can experience Him yourself. There are no pre-requisites, just as you are. When you experience Him, you still keep your free-will and are free to renounce. No death for apostasy or anything like that. You remain free. But there would be consequences in the after-life for rejection.

Look for arguments in my story, which I didn't even put up by the way, you will find many. But the Jesus that found me, even if I am wrong and crazy, and I am not because there are many here with similar even more fascinating experiences, I am in such a better place even here on earth than in my deepest atheistic state, which now I know is suffering and bondage. I have come from depression and anger and occasional crisis. He gave me a new heart and sprit and He is willing to do it for all you guys. If only you guys know about the joy and peace and love and freedom and the power to overcome sin that only Jesus gives by His Spirit.

My testimony is for my atheist brethren, I was once like them, perhaps even more renegade, can't you guys see the miracle that Jesus is doing with me? The transformation. You guys don't know me, I thought I was going to be the last person to do this but the irony is that now there is so much joy now in my heart telling you about Jesus. I cannot help but share the good news of Christ. Jesus is Lord!

cc Seun

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
I see you are following. God bless you.
Ranchhoddas:
@ Sixthsense. Continue your story.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by hopara1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
moski5:

JESUS didn't bring Christianity

HE didn't call HIS People Christians
Acts 11vs26 The believers were 1st called Christains bcus they worship Christ,the Messiah.the historian Josephus called them "that tribe of Christain"Tacitus the Roman historian also called them 'Christains,a name derived from Christ.'though originally the church called themselves "The Way"but later adopted the name Christains,despite it been originally used to ridicule the believers!Shalom!

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Oppypoppy: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jesus is Lord indeed. I wonder about atheist if the demons and the world of darkness know that there is a supreme God. Wetin con be there problem?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by benjibabs(m): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
gensteejay:

I would write a well-researched article -- in no distant time -- about Islam, its tenets and common misconceptions. But that would be in a new thread and the link will be posted here.

As for your claim on Jesus' death in the Qur'an, nothing is further from the truth. In the Qur'an, it is stated explicitly that Jesus (prophet Isa in Islam) was not crucified and did not resurrect:

Q.4:157 And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah (God) ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
Q.4;158 Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

I would also discuss Jesus' crucifixion in the thread by God's grace.

Almost all Christians know very little about Islam, Qur'an. They only form their opinions about the religion from the attitudes of Muslims. If Christians were to know about Islam, many of them would love to be Muslims.

Thanks for the correction and for confirming my position. Jesus in the Quran did not died but was taken to heaven by God, whereas Jesus in the Bible died and resurrected - huge difference! There is no teeny-tiny reason to believe the two are the same person.

As I've mentioned before, in order to get Christians to listen to you, simply tell of the great things that Islam has to offer. If you try to discredit the authenticity of the content of the bible which I have confirmed and I know to be true beyond any shadow of doubt, you will always meet with a thick brick wall. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by shukuokukobambl: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

When Thomas asked for a sign to prove that Jesus had indeed resurrected, Christ showed Him and he testified by worshipping Him with these words "My Lord and my God!"

However, Christ released an everlasting blessing on those who believe without evidence on that day by saying "You believe because you have seen, BLESSED are those who believe without seeing"

I was not always a strong believer, the truth is I didn't fully believe God is real. Until I actually experienced the "Hand of God"

Friend, God is 100% real, I believe this with my whole heart and I pray He will reveal Himself to you.

Chei!! even you? wonders shall never end cheesy

with all the hate in your heart for Yoruba, hausa/fulani and APC? cheesy

Is your God a PDP member? because that's the only people you tolerate. If Shekau joins PDP today, he automatically earns your 'love'
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by OgundeleT(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
4evergod2:

You seem not to understand my question. You were quick to jump on a self assumption that his thread was a counter to the inconsequential hardmirrors thread which is absolutely ridiculous. Its like saying my thread on how i encountered God and became an evangelist is also a counter to that thread and i asked you a simple question.

If the OP had titled this thread "From Christian to Atheist ...my story" would you have said he was never a Christian?
to me up till today christian has no definition. i have asked catholic, protestant and orthodox and the definition they gave me was contradictory, even protestant within themselves couldn't provide one definition. so there is no way i can say somebody was never a christian when i don't know what it mean. but as for atheism, I know what it mean and i can gladly say op was never an atheist based on his(op) posts. am even suspecting that he's one of the theist that have more than one monicker like you. he may be one of you guys
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by shukuokukobambl: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
neocortex:

Wow , this is one of the greatest proof I have seen.
Pidggin says god is real , therefore it is the truth.

I thought i was the only one seeing the irony cheesy

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by benjibabs(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:

You can scrutinise all you want. But I smile at all these because I also did them. I only tell my story. I never made any arguments. And once again, this isn't about making any superior arguments. You guys are intelligent and nobody wins an argument. The message here is if you want to experience this living God that is Spirit. Look for Him, I only share how He found me, by His grace. [/b]

Also some questions for you:

1. If you want a job, what would you do?

I guess you would search for one. Would you look for superior arguments about how people find jobs and wait for the job to appear to you even without applying?

Now lets say, you are looking for a type of job that I currently hold. Wouldn't it be of help to you if you ask me how I searched for and secured the job in the first place?

So if you really want Jesus, you would look for Him. I only described my journey to experiencing the living God.

2. Why does God even have to appear to you, when you are just 1 in 7 billion?

If you look for arguments, you will find more arguments. If you seek Jesus, you will find Him. You don't even have to be lead by anyone. It is as basic as this.

And experience is superior to all the arguments or rationality any day. So why settle for arguments that are not forthcoming when you can get a real experience.

One more thing, I notice any time I ask atheists to pray asking Jesus to reveal himself to them, they never do. May I ask why? What are you guys afraid of? or maybe you are only looking for arguments. But I am sorry, I never made any.

Bro, I don't understand your response; was it for me?

Just to clarify, I only used your testimony to drive home the point that God would reveal himself to anyone who ask Him if the person means it.

I will leave your last questions for the atheists in the house as I always wonder the same as you.

Remain blessed, bro.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Pidggin(f): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Chei!! even you? wonders shall never end cheesy

with all the hate in your heart for Yoruba, hausa/fulani and APC? cheesy

Is your God a PDP member? because that's the only people you tolerate. If Shekau joins PDP today, he automatically earns your 'love'

My dear I tolerate all and love all, I only dislike injustice and tribalism which I notice is happening a lot in this country. When I help people I don't ask where they come from or which party they belong to. I am only an advocate for justice

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by benjibabs(m): 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
Mindfulness:

@bold

Words of wisdom!

Where do I find them?

There are still lot of great Christians around who represent Jesus very well. There is no specific place I can direct you to, but by their fruit you shall know them. Just look closely when someone professes Christ, and you would be able to tell.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by shukuokukobambl: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

My dear I tolerate all and love all, I only dislike injustice and tribalism which I notice is happening a lot in this country. When I help people I don't ask where they come from or which party they belong to. I am only an advocate for justice

No asked you to like injustice but you're as bad a tribalist as all on this forum.

You hope to make heaven i believe. Do you assume you wouldn't find any Yoruba there? or any hausa/fulani? or any APC member? or anybody that has even a faint like for the daura mallam?

Well, i wish you well lipsrsealed
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Pidggin(f): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

No asked you to like injustice but you're as bad a tribalist as all on this forum.

You hope to make heaven i believe. Do you assume you wouldn't find any Yoruba there? or any hausa/fulani? or any APC member? or anybody that has even a faint like for the daura mallam?

Well, i wish you well lipsrsealed

I have Youruba and Hausa brethrens, infact my closest friends are Yorubas grin, Hausas As for APC I don't just like the Saint status they give themselves

I wish you well too but I hope you have given your life to Christ. Heaven rejoices over a soul won. I see you as a willing soul brethren, I see a soul winner in you sir
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by shukuokukobambl: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pidggin:

I have Youruba and Hausa brethrens, infact my closest friends are Yorubas grin, Hausas As for APC I don't just like the Saint status they give themselves

I wish you well too but I hope you have given your life to Christ. Heaven rejoices over a soul won. I see you as a willing soul brethren, I see a soul winner in you sir

cheesy cheesy thats good to know

I am a christian except when i encounter you and your friends on the tribal battlefield but it's well

Wish you all the best sister grin

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by oodo: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Please people there is nothing good about being an atheist. These set of people are always defenceless when ever they are under demonic attack. There is nothing like the name and blood of Jesus christ when it comes to spiritual warfare. I was living a life which could pass for an atheist because as a christian which I thought I was, I hardly go to church. Sometimes I can exist in this world for a whole year without attending a single sunday service. As an introvert I am blessed with a very high moral standard for all to see but on the inside I was filled with darkness and emptiness. My life keep deteriotating from bad to worse until just last week when I had this dream. In this dream I was walking along the road(I was actually on a bridge) when suddenly a force from nowhere swept me of my feet and lifted me up like a piece of paper. I was up there struggling while the unseen force(person) was carrying me to the other end of the bridge to throw me down. This strange force later stopped an was unable to move(I guess that force was stopped by an angel of God). When the unseen force discovered that he was unable to advance to enable him accomplish his mission, he simply dropped me down and I woke up. As a spiritually weak person which I was I ignored the dream cos I was to weak to pray as that struggle affected my strenght in the physical realm. I looked at the clock it was 2:15am. Then suddenly I had this experience which seems like a trance, I notice a shadow figure of a person standing in front of me but when I try I get up to confront that shadow I discovered I just couldn't even sit up after several attempt. While I was struggling to get up that shadow let out a wicked laughter and I discovered I was dealing with a woman. At that point I started calling out the name of Jesus but at first my voice was weak as I could hardly make any audible pronounciation of the name Jesus but when my voice started becoming clearer, the shadow left. I woke up check the time again it was 2:25am. At that point I stood up an prayed and plead the blood of Jesus over my life.
As the op rightly said being an atheist only exposes you to the enemy as you become absolutely defenceless if satan decides to look your way. Saying there is no God is good as saying there are no demons.
Please pardon my writing skill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Abdstrakt(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
A question to Op and every other religious person that wants to answer.

Does the promise of Eternal life influence your actions and/or inactions?

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
Sorry bro, I thought you were being sarcastic. God bless you
benjibabs:

Bro, I don't understand your response; was it for me?

Just to clarify, I only used your testimony to drive home the point that God would reveal himself to anyone who ask Him if the person means it.

I will leave your last questions for the atheists in the house as I always wonder the same as you.

Remain blessed, bro.

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for your comment. If you had read the book I described, you would know that is the time these demons operate. They have specific times, patterns. Like the book said, 'you don't have to believe in God but these spirits do'
I hope you are saved now. Living for Jesus is the best decision you can ever make.
oodo:
Please people there is nothing good about being an atheist. These set of people are always defenceless when ever they are under demonic attack. There is nothing like the name and blood of Jesus christ when it comes to spiritual warfare. I was living a life which could pass for an atheist because as a christian which I thought I was, I hardly go to church. Sometimes I can exist in this world for a whole year without attending a single sunday service. As an introvert I am blessed with a very high moral standard for all to see but on the inside I was filled with darkness and emptiness. My life keep deteriotating from bad to worse until just last week when I had this dream. In this dream I was walking along the road(I was actually on a bridge) when suddenly a force from nowhere swept me of my feet and lifted me up like a piece of paper. I was up there struggling while the unseen force(person) was carrying me to the other end of the bridge to throw me down. This strange force later stopped an was unable to move(I guess that force was stopped by an angel of God). When the unseen force discovered that he was unable to advance to enable him accomplish his mission, he simply dropped me down and I woke up. As a spiritually weak person which I was I ignored the dream cos I was to weak to pray as that struggle affected my strenght in the physical realm. I looked at the clock it was 2:15am. Then suddenly I had this experience which seems like a trance, I notice a shadow figure of a person standing in front of me but when I try I get up to confront that shadow I discovered I just couldn't even sit up after several attempt. While I was struggling to get up that shadow let out a wicked laughter and I discovered I was dealing with a woman. At that point I started calling out the name of Jesus but at first my voice was weak as I could hardly make any audible pronounciation of the name Jesus but when my voice started becoming clearer, the shadow left. I woke up check the time again it was 2:25am. At that point I stood up an prayed and plead the blood of Jesus over my life.
As the op rightly said being an atheist only exposes you to the enemy as you become absolutely defenceless if satan decides to look your way. Saying there is no God is good as saying there are no demons.
Please pardon my writing skill
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

Lol another funny thing is you keep going on about how you were more atheist than any other atheist on nairaland. On what basis is this claim found on? Or is it like your Religious claims whereby we are suppose to believe just because you typed it? You haven't demonstrated any knowledge on here. all you've done is claim this and that and then regurgitate the same ol tired things the religious zealots spout.

Death is inevitable. And like most other people who are not depressed/suicidal, i do not want to go before i have to (which is natural old age death). As animals we are programmed biologically to ensure our own survival and to propagate our species so excuse me if i am staying true to the human nature.

Lol so you want to play the patronizing game with me. I'm not going to drop a list of my personal desires and life ambitions on here. Although i'm sure you weren't looking for a real answer to your questions. you just wanted to be patronizing and condescending. The last paragraph has you regurgitating more mundane b.s that doesn't really mean anything. Empty words.
See as this thing dey pain you. If na christian open this thread now converting to atheism by now you for dey clap dance. Chai Satan and him children.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hmajeed:

You've really exerted effort at comprehending the Concept of Religion ... But have you ever studied about Islam or Prophet Muhammad beyond the one the Media portrays, a Google search would do.
I am sure you won't regret doing so, while I assure you that you will find the tranquility you so much desire

Here is a link http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/496/why-islam/ .
I pray you find answers to all questions running in your mind.
I leave you with the message of peace.
Islam is a farce. A joke. Muhammed created Allah do as he pleased. Allah was domestic servant to Muhammed. Gerarahia.

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Winnie2015: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
Wow! The funny thing is even we the so-called Born Again Christians lack insight to our Faith. We tend to focus on a pastor or a church and not focus on the real reason for our existence: Jesus Christ.
This original post has touched me in a way no one would understand.
Thank God for you Poster. And may He who led you into the light give you absolute grace to remain in His presence.
It's going to be grand when we meet in that Golden City.

Jesus Christ is Lord
Shalom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today / Dunamis Gospel Music Concert: Dogara, Sinach, Chioma Jesus, Nathaniel Bassey / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.