Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,177 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (45095 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Christian Family To Atheism To Jesus Christ: My Explanations / The Failure Of Atheism To Account For Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

It seems your decision to become an atheist was driven by the disgust you felt for those obviously fake preachers. It wasn't based on the lack of any good evidence for the existence of God. You were an emotional atheist, not a rational one, and so could be reconverted through emotions.

So even as an atheist, you still believed in all sorts of nonsense for which the evidence is just as poor as the evidence for the existence of God.

Due to your lack of a skeptical system of thinking, it didn't occur to you that the "true story" that it was based on could be a lie. The people who told the story are "paranormal investigators" who have every reason to lie about their experiences as those lying pastors you despised.

Of course you did.

Obviously, if a person who believes this nonsense holds the items, he will feel something (his own irrational fear manifesting as goosebumps).

How did they find out what the spike was used for? Did they find blood on the spike? Did they test the DNA and find it to match the story? If objective authorities thought that this story could be true, would they not have confiscated the spike as evidence and arrested the witch?

Whose blood were they drinking and why haven't the blood drinkers been arrested for the murders of the people the blood came from?

See? Your decisions about the nature of reality are based on your emotional reactions rather than any objective examination of the evidence.

There is no more evidence for the existence of the supernatural in any 'occult' book then there is in Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.

"The mind of man is gullible above all things" is a more appropriate saying. What actual evidence of these "evil powers" do you have?

Haha haha hahahaha.....lemme just ask u this,.. You are Yoruba, right?... Do you believe that there is something called the supernatural? Yes or No?...pls also state your reasons
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ayokunlei(m): 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thesixthsense: Sir, Please, I have a question
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
analice107:

See as this thing dey pain you. If na christian open this thread now converting to atheism by now you for dey clap dance. Chai Satan and him children.

Lmao you can't even deny that my post makes sense. But you'll block it all out because you are so scared of "god" punishing you and sending you to hell forever and ever... because he loves you so much. Just like any loving parent would do.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

Lmao you can't even deny that my post makes sense. But you'll block it all out because you are so scared of "god" punishing you and sending you to hell forever and ever... because of us he loves you so much. Just like any loving parent would do.
The scared one here is you. How can I be scared of my loving father? On the other hand, you should be very scared. You are a rebel and when rebels are caught, you know nah? You choose Satan, so whatever comes to him comes to you. Enjoy
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
zzzzy:
so let's see, was HardMirror ever a christian?. and did he know the meaning of Christianity?
Dont answer that one. He is switching between Islam and atheism. They are people you just ignore.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:

1. Now, permit me to ask, if you tell me that you boiled an egg for 10 minutes then it hatched into a chick and I doubt your story and 'experience', what are the steps I should take to investigate if your story is true?

I am a scientist, so this is how I would go about it, instead of reacting with disbelief and calling you names(not you). Firstly, I will ask you for the exact procedure for boiling, where you got the egg, what kind of egg, what kind of water, precise time of heating etc then proceed to reproduce your experiment/experience in my lab. If it doesn't work, I will repeat then repeat then conclude that you are a quack and probably sue you for wasting my time and research money. I have said here many times, I only describe how I found and experience Jesus. Have you tried to do the same things that I did if you are actually looking to verify the Jesus experience? At least you agree experience is more valid.[\b]

Oh I tried. Time and time again, over a long extended period of time. I prayed for the "experience" again ( I believed passionately in God during that time). I begged god to respark my flame time and time again. I asked for proofs, evidences, a divine explanation, anything.

But apparently God likes to stay silent.

[b]2. I challenge them to do exactly what I have asked them to do here. God gives us free will, He is NOT like the devil, so if you test and see and you don't like the experience, you can simply walk away. There is no death penalty for apostasy. You are free.

3. You see when you know all the letters of the law, like the pharisees, it only becomes a ritual and at some point (which everyone gets to in life), you would ask: Why do I keep doing this everyday, when I don't even see results? You can only deceive yourself for so long. Same would happen if you searched around superior arguments -which is less valid than experience - to choose your religion. You would still arrive at the same question or the moment you find another superior argument you would leave the religion.
But, hear this, spiritual things are spiritually discerned(1 Cor 2:14) seek the Spirit, He will come and the beauty is that there is no prerequisite, just come as you are. then you would get the Jesus experience, and when you feel the joy and peace and love you would never want to lose it for anything in the world, talk less of a flimsy excuse of a superior argument. Then you would understand why a former atheist that has never written anything this long in defence of anything in his entire life is so passionate about telling you about Jesus, especially when he doesn't even know much of the letters of scripture like the religious warriors you had described.
But this people were well versed with "things of the Spirit". One even claimed to "perform" miracles.
Perhaps you should check their profile and view their threads.

HardMirror
dankol
Reygenius
frosbel

and err.... there are a whole lot to be honest.

No, I totally disagree. You have not even tried. Most of you are afraid of calling out to the Spirit of the living God. Seek Jesus. And whether you believe or not there are consequences for rejecting Him but I pray you will someday be redeemed.[/b]

And like I said in a previous post, if you are serious about looking for a job, won't you look for a person that keeps the kind of job you have and ask how they applied for and secured the job in the first place? Would you say someone that digs up many arguments about people looking for those kind of jobs is serious about getting one?

this is circular logic. Threatening people with consequences of hell for not believing a deity with absurd doctrines is not something I would call a "loving" god.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
analice107:

The scared one here is you. How can I be scared of my loving father? On the other hand, you should be very scared. You are a rebel and when rebels are caught, you know nah? You choose Satan, so whatever comes to him comes to you. Enjoy
Seriously by now, you should have known that atheism is not Satanism.

Satan is also an imaginary character for crying out loud.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
SirWere:

Seriously? By now you should ve known that atheism is Satan's own religion. Who does Satan worship? Himself. Who do you worship? Yourself. Connect the dots.

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
ayokunlei:
Thesixthsense: Sir, Please, I have a question
Go ahead.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
oodo:
I had this experience which seems like a trance, I notice a shadow figure of a person standing in front of me but when I try I get up to confront that shadow I discovered I just couldn't even sit up after several attempt. While I was struggling to get up that shadow let out a wicked laughter and I discovered I was dealing with a woman. At that point I started calling out the name of Jesus but at first my voice was weak as I could hardly make any audible pronunciation of the name Jesus but when my voice started becoming clearer, the shadow left. I woke up check the time again it was 2:25am. At that point I stood up and prayed and plead the blood of Jesus over my life.
I have had a similar experience. It seemed as if some guy I knew appeared in my room laughing, so I tried to command him to go away in Jesus name. Initially I couldn't speak but after some effort, I said the words and the guy disappeared. But I had been bedridden with malaria for some time when this happened. Malaria used to be a big deal for me because I would lose my appetite and become too weak to get out of bed.

Later, when I became an atheist, I realized that what I experienced was just a hallucination associated with my malaria. It was either caused by the malaria itself or the drug I was taking to fight it, which I don't remember. Check out this story of a guy driven "mad" by a malaria drug.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
analice107:

who is this satan you speak of? Is it the Monster in the scary stories your parents told you as a child? The big bad boogyman that will get me? or is that the so called father who roasts people for fun? And his perfect kingdom that none of you want to die and go to. Why do you feel so sad when people you know die if you are sure there is a heaven after this? You should all be celebrating their passing on lol. Y'all really contradict yourself. Such a religious nation and still so broken because you are all superstitious hypocrites. Look at your first world mates who are not even half as religious and are so far advanced. We are all playing 3rd best, trying to catch up with prayers that are never answered.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Winnie2015:
Wow! The funny thing is even we the so-called Born Again Christians lack insight to our Faith. We tend to focus on a pastor or a church and not focus on the real reason for our existence: Jesus Christ.
This original post has touched me in a way no one would understand.
Thank God for you Poster. And may He who led you into the light give you absolute grace to remain in His presence.
It's going to be grand when we meet in that Golden City.

Jesus Christ is Lord
Shalom.
You may not know but your post lifted my spirit. Thanks for the wonderful compliment. It's great to see heaven candidates here. May the Lord strengthen you in the faith.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

I have had a similar experience. It seemed as if some guy I knew appeared in my room laughing, so I tried to command him to go away in Jesus name. Initially I couldn't speak but after some effort, I said the words and the guy disappeared. But I had been bedridden with malaria for some time when this happened. Malaria used to be a big deal for me because I would lose my appetite and become too weak to get out of bed.

Later, when I became an atheist, I realized that what I experienced was just a hallucination associated with my malaria. It was either caused by the malaria itself or the drug I was taking to fight it, which I don't remember. Check out this story of a guy driven "mad" by a malaria drug.

First , there is no proof this story is true . Secondly , there are myriads of people who are mentally sound , sober , intelligent and emotionally stable and have witnessed visitations from apparitions in a well ventilated room . Explain why ?

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:

You may not know but your post lifted my spirit. Thanks for the wonderful compliment. It's great to see heaven candidates here. May the Lord strengthen you in the faith.

Wow . I'm really happy for you . Just reading your posts gladdens my heart . Atheism indeed held you in bondage and now you are filled with joy and even unknowingly expressing your freedom from mental slavery .

God be praised !

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

who is this satan you speak of? Is it the Monster in the scary stories your parents told you as a child? The big bad boogyman that will get me? or is that the so called father who roasts people for fun? And his perfect kingdom that none of you want to die and go to. Why do you feel so sad when people you know die if you are sure there is a heaven after this? You should all be celebrating their passing on lol. Y'all really contradict yourself. Such a religious nation and still so broken because you are all superstitious hypocrites. Look at your first world mates who are not even half as religious and are so far advanced. We are all playing 3rd best, trying to catch up with prayers that are never answered.
Why do you ask him about Satan? He doesn't worship Satan. You have a smart phone, why don't you search for 'how to invite Satan or demons into my life' If you are serious you will look for people that worship Satan then they will lead you to him. seek their dead power, perform the rituals and come back here as an informed anti-Christ that know your place in their kingdom.
But no, too stressful for you. you rather choose to be anti-Christ by ignorance. Obstinate to find the information about things you doubt. You are like chaff that the wind blows away. That's what the Bible calls people like you. Too easy to be defeated by dark forces and it's supposed to be your only life here.
Let he who has ears hear. Never ever forget on Jesus Christ can save. Never forget that.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by analice107: 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

You sound like a teenager. I don't think I want to waste my time responding to you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by peterphd(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
oodo:
Please people there is nothing good about being an atheist. These set of people are always defenceless when ever they are under demonic attack. There is nothing like the name and blood of Jesus christ when it comes to spiritual warfare. I was living a life which could pass for an atheist because as a christian which I thought I was, I hardly go to church. Sometimes I can exist in this world for a whole year without attending a single sunday service. As an introvert I am blessed with a very high moral standard for all to see but on the inside I was filled with darkness and emptiness. My life keep deteriotating from bad to worse until just last week when I had this dream. In this dream I was walking along the road(I was actually on a bridge) when suddenly a force from nowhere swept me of my feet and lifted me up like a piece of paper. I was up there struggling while the unseen force(person) was carrying me to the other end of the bridge to throw me down. This strange force later stopped an was unable to move(I guess that force was stopped by an angel of God). When the unseen force discovered that he was unable to advance to enable him accomplish his mission, he simply dropped me down and I woke up. As a spiritually weak person which I was I ignored the dream cos I was to weak to pray as that struggle affected my strenght in the physical realm. I looked at the clock it was 2:15am. Then suddenly I had this experience which seems like a trance, I notice a shadow figure of a person standing in front of me but when I try I get up to confront that shadow I discovered I just couldn't even sit up after several attempt. While I was struggling to get up that shadow let out a wicked laughter and I discovered I was dealing with a woman. At that point I started calling out the name of Jesus but at first my voice was weak as I could hardly make any audible pronounciation of the name Jesus but when my voice started becoming clearer, the shadow left. I woke up check the time again it was 2:25am. At that point I stood up an prayed and plead the blood of Jesus over my life.
As the op rightly said being an atheist only exposes you to the enemy as you become absolutely defenceless if satan decides to look your way. Saying there is no God is good as saying there are no demons.
Please pardon my writing skill
Oodo sanctus?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ikupakuti(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:

SEUN! SEUN!! SEUN!!!

Fear GOD!

Fear GOD!!

Fear GOD!!!

5 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
SirWere:

Since you think Satan is also imaginary, you have a smart phone, use it. Search for 'how to invite Satan and demons into my life' If you are serious, you will look for people that worship Satan, get the information you need, they may also lead you to him. Seek their dead power, perform the rituals and come back here as an informed anti-Christ that know your place in their kingdom.
But No, it's too stressful for you isn't it? but you rather choose to be anti-Christ by ignorance. Obstinate to find the information about things you know nothing about. You are like chaff that the wind blows away. The Bible calls people your kind. Too easy to be defeated by dark forces and this is supposed to be your only life here.
Let he who has ears hear. But never ever forget only Jesus Christ can save. Never forget that

3 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ayokunlei(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Go ahead.
This topic about atheist and those that believe in God; from your own point of view and understanding, is it because they (atheist) were able to program their subconscious mind is the major reason for their hardened believe in atheism ? And is their any relationship between Holy spirit and the subconscious mind of we human beings?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Seun(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
ikupakuti:
SEUN! SEUN!! SEUN!!!

Fear GOD!

Fear GOD!!

Fear GOD!!!
Meaning??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by ayokunlei(m): 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Go ahead.
This topic about atheist and those that believe in God; from your own point of view and understanding, is it because they (atheist) were able to program their subconscious mind is the major reason for their hardened believe in atheism?And is their any relationship between Holy spirit and the subconscious mind of we human beings?
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
ayokunlei:

This topic about atheist and those that believe in God; from your own point of view and understanding, is it because they (atheist) were able to program their subconscious mind is the major reason for their hardened believe in atheism?And is their any relationship between Holy spirit and the subconscious mind of we human beings?

Our mind is different from our spirit. Humans have a spirit soul and body. God communicates with us through our spirit. At the point of salvation, your spirit becomes one with God, this is by the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Jesus, Spirit of God, Spirit of Truth). That is why Jesus Christ is called the bridegroom, we become one with His Spirit. the Holy Spirit is from God and the world cannot receive or know Him. It is for believers of Jesus Christ. These would be foolishness to unbelievers.

The soul, on the other hand, consists of our emotions, desires and mind i think. I don't fully understand these things yet.

Atheists are so because they choose to become atheists. But they get so much help from demonic (anti-Christ) spirits that make them not to watch the videos and books that I have countlessly referred them to instead they look for arguments that they even know are inferior evidences to experience. So much information all over the internet and around them. Don't you notice their atheism is usually about the loving God who wouldn't strike them but never to the demonic who cannot handle rejection. I have never seen atheist debating with satanists telling them they waste their time performing rituals. But it is always against God. Some 'atheists' are well-informed anti-Christ that know what they do but I only feel sorry the the ignorant ones which are more working for the devil without even knowing.

Mind programming is different I think sort of like new age systems and 'the secret' methods are different and are not of God. You become an atheist the moment you stop believing. It's not complicated.

Jesus Christ will set them free.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

First , there is no proof this story is true . Secondly , there are myriads of people who are mentally sound , sober , intelligent and emotionally stable and have witnessed visitations from apparitions in a well ventilated room . Explain why ?

What is the proof to those people's stories as well?? lool hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

What is the proof to those people's stories as well?? lool hypocrite.

Atheists always present themselves as people who don't believe until evidence is provided yet one of them tells a story with no proof grin grin .

Oh come on ! We are not credulous ! I need proof to believe that story ! Then answers to my question

2 Likes

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists always present themselves as people who don't believe until evidence is provided yet one of them tells a story with no proof grin grin .

Oh come on ! We are not credulous ! I need proof to believe that story ! Then answers to my question

Although he doesn't have proof, we can at least admit that there is a possibility of having such an experience. It is scientifically accepted that people do hallucinate. What's not scientifically provable or practical is to assert that someone walks on water, Turns water to wine, speaks to angels, performs miracles to heal sickness etc. These are what we call myths. Unbelievable tales. So i'll believe Seun's story before any of your fairytales about a father in the sky that knows my every thought and watches all the women i phuck too lol.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

Although he doesn't have proof, we can at least admit that there is a possibility of having such an experience.

That's why I need an answer to my question . You can answer if you can

It is scientifically accepted that people do hallucinate.

What's not scientifically provable or practical is to assert that someone walks on water, Turns water to wine, speaks to angels, performs miracles to heal sickness etc. These are what we call myths. Unbelievable tales.

False conclusion - its illogical to make false conclusions . You regard them as mythical because you are ignorant of anything beyond the physical .

Or

1. unless you were a witness to Jesus' life on earth to ascertain if his miracles were fake

2. You have scrutinized every miracle to ascertain if its fake

3. You have embarked on a peregrination in every known and unknown realm or dimension to ascertain if God and his angels do not exist

Atheists killed 250 million people and a copious amount of the people killed were religious . Its an unbelievable tale but it did happen . You see bro , your perception about a particular notion or event does not mean it did not take place or its not real .

Let this sink in

So i'll believe Seun's story before any of your fairytales about a father in the sky that knows my every thought and watches all the women i phuck too lol.

Please enlighten me , which part of the sky was claimed to be God's abode
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Alezy(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Meaning??
meaning fear God.

Ur own and The talk about the existence of God is too much.

1 Like

Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That's why I need an answer to my question . You can answer if you can

False conclusion - its illogical to make false conclusions . You regard them as mythical because you are ignorant of anything beyond the physical .

Or

1. unless you were a witness to Jesus' life on earth to ascertain if his miracles were fake

2. You have scrutinized every miracle to ascertain if its fake

3. You have embarked on a peregrination in every known and unknown realm or dimension to ascertain if God and his angels do not exist

Atheists killed 250 million people and a copious amount of the people killed were religious . Its an unbelievable tale but it did happen . You see bro , your perception about a particular notion or event does not mean it did not take place or its not real .

Let this sink in

Please enlighten me , which part of the sky was claimed to be God's abode

Lol i can happily conclude that his miracles were made up because what he was claimed to do was against the laws of physics. The burden of proof is on the claimer (christians) to prove that the claims in the bible are true. It's like me telling you to disprove my claim that i have an invisible dragon that follows me about. I'm the one who should have to prove to you that i have an invisible dragon that follows me about. So the burden of proof is on you.

If we all thought like you. I could make up all sorts of fantastical stories about the past and ask you to believe it as true tales. Or why don't you believe in scientology? I'm sure scientologists have just as much faith in their doctrines. and do you know what faith is? Belief without need for proof nor evidence. I think that's enough said about religion lol close your eyes, block your ears, turn off your brain and believe everything they tell you without question...or you'll end up in hell fire burning forever and ever and ever and ever...because god loves you and you did not love him back lool.
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
Suspectzero:

Lol i can happily conclude that his miracles were made up because what he was claimed to do was against the laws of physics.

Isn't it why its called a supernatural intervention Its supposed to defy any natural law .Darrh !!

or you'll end up in hell fire burning forever and ever and ever and ever...because god loves you and you did not love him back lool.

What sends you to Hell are wickedness , evil , immorality , etc
Re: From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony by Suspectzero(m): 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't it why its called a supernatural intervention Its supposed to defy any natural law .Darrh !!

What sends you to Hell are wickedness , evil , immorality , etc

That's just the thing. Any double digit I.Q person can fall for any supernatural claim because you don't have to prove anything. Just tell them to believe because it was some god that allegedly performed it. It doesn't require any critical thinking at all. There is simply no reason to believe this claims of supernatural happenings except out of fear of this scary hell fire.

And if it's true that it's wickedness, evil, immorality etc that sends me to everlasting torment then i guess i don't even need to be a christian nor worship any invisible deity to escape this contrived sick torture and idea of punishment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Muslim Lawyer Faults Apostle Suleman's Media Trial, Raises 10 Posers / Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS / 800 Ethiopians Killed After Defending ‘Ark Of The Covenant'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.