Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy (17987 Views)

Those Who Practise Polygamy Live Longer Than Those In Monogamy — Tanko Yakasai / One Man, Many Wives. The Truth About Modern Day Polygamy in Nigeria / Detrimental Effect Of Polygamy On Children Upbringing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 13, 2016
Which questions?
Toks2008:

Please address those questions and not the op.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 13, 2016
But I didn't insult you did I? My comment was just simple ....for the love of God, why didn't you just ignore undecided
Toks2008:

As long as your likes don't understand that there is a thin line between intellectual contribution and baseless sarcastic attacks then you will continue to have that problem.

Only a fool gets angry if another disagrees with his or her stands but when it boils down to insults and childish attacks on the personality of the writer which you especially are fond of and i hope you have changed...As long as posters stick to the subject matter and avoid attacking the writer for stating his or her opinion then there will be no reason for bickering.

Check the original response of the person you quoted and you will not agree less with me.. It is utterly childish, unintelligent and a clear sign of intellectual stuntedness to use vulgar words on another just because such expresses his or her opinion.

2 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
ItsQuinn:
But I didn't insult you did I? My comment was just simple ....for the love of God, why didn't you just ignore undecided

Contrary to what many people believe,I'm not a misogynist but a realist who sees things the way they are and not the WaY they ought to be.

I always wonder when many guys say a woman's word hould be ignored because they are naturally incoherent but I disagree...rather I believe we must see their words as relevant and important enough not to ignore.

By the way has lalasticlala really take time to read this piece? I believe it makes good sense.

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
smiley cheesy smiley
Toks2008:

Contrary to what many people believe,I'm not a misogynist but a realist who sees things the way they are and not the WaY they ought to be.

I always wonder when many guys say a woman's word hould be ignored because they are naturally incoherent but I disagree...rather I believe we must see their words as relevant and important enough not to ignore.

By the way has lalasticlala really take time to read this piece? I believe it makes good sense.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
Please I didn't get you when you said "those questions" smiley
Toks2008:

Please address those questions and not the op.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Please I didn't get you when you said "those questions" smiley

Read the write up
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by firstking01(m): 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
undecided
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
Wow... I really sat down to read your write up and I must say that I'm finding it hard to disagree with every point you made....this really made sense smiley
Toks2008:
Disclaimer: Polygamy is not for everyone considering the stress and complexity not forgetting the economy tipsy turvy.This article is aimed at beaming an eagle's eyes on polygamy at large in relation to the idiosyncrasies of people about it and not intended to encourage anyone to adopt it neither does it represent the lifestyle of the writer.

I implore every reader of this article to analyze each question objectively without any form of bias so that we can have a no holds Barr approach to this age long phenomenon which has caused many marital anomalies all around the world...So lets take a candid look .

1.Could Polygamy be the answer to the prayers of a sect of single ladies.
It is believed that there are some set of ladies who have a better chance with married men?

The widowed who is in her late 30s or 40s with children,the divorced woman who is in her late 30s with children and the never married lady in her late 30s or 40s. While some ladies in this categories are fortunate to marry a fresh guy polygamy seem to be a better choice for most of the ladies rather than single never married guys. The fact is that even you reading this who believes that your marriage is very ok might just fall into the first 2 categories tomorrow..this is not a curse but a fact of life and until then,this point may not make sense to you...Pray you don't experience it.

2.Why do most women prefer polygamy in disguised form.
Have you ever wondered why many ladies prefer their husbands to keep mistresses but frown against same marrying another wife? yes i have asked many ladies that given only two options which would they prefer and they gladly chose the former and i begin to ask myself what difference does it make? Some ladies will tell you to keep your wife while they enjoy the benefits of being a mistress to you and i tend to ask who is fooling who?

3.Could Polygamy relieve stress of a married woman?.
This is one truth many of us can't shy away from. There are some marriages where the lady can't just keep up with sexual demands from the man and this has caused serious issues in the marriage and it usually gets to the point where the wife gives the man the go ahead to get another wife because she can not come and go and die grin.

4.Is it possible that Polygamy might encourage financial independence in many ladies?.
This point needs to be understood especially in this part of the world.

Do you know that most ladies do not mind if a rich hubby marries another woman? As long as he is doing his duty and she is still getting the goodies she may find it hard to leave the marriage but this is not the case for a struggling guy who will likely be reminded that she is only patching up with him.

Maybe polygamy will make the woman understand that her hubby no matter how poor he may be, might see another financially stable lady who does not need the man's money but only wants a man in her life and this will make every lady sit tight and become financially independent to avoid being a liability to the man...because MEN HATE LIABILITIES.

5.Why are Women willing participants in polygamous act?.
Can a man commit adultery with himself or become a polygamous man without the corroboration of a lady? In-fact many single ladies have eyes only for married men and i kept wondering why these same ladies will clamor for monogamy when the same ladies will gladly date a married man and even desire to be his Mrs....So why the hypocrisy of monogamy when it has become a norm for single ladies to snatch or share a married man.

6.Could Polygamy reduce the number of unmarried ladies.
I don't need to explain this much. It is no longer news that many ladies in their ripe ages are still single and searching but unfortunately the young men who should marry them are either still struggling or confused about what they want yet there are many married men matured enough to adequately marry two or more wives. It is believed that if Polygamy is embraced, many single ladies will find succor in the hands of some responsible married men who are capable enough to meet the emotional and maybe the financial needs of two or more ladies.

7.Could Polygamy bring about more responsive and responsible young unmarried men.
Many young guys at marriageable ages are just too nonchalant to settle down with a lady and most of them will use the economy as an excuse but if Polygamy is embraced by us,the beautiful young ladies will be taken as wives by already married men thereby forcing the single guys to brace up to settle down fast with the woman in their lives to avoid such being married off to a married man..

8.Can Polygamy reduce wife battering and mortality.
Believe it or not, for every 10 cases of a wife getting beaten or killed by her hubby,you can be certain that 8 can be linked to adultery. The question is;why should a lady go through pains because she found out that her hubby is having an extra marital affair? is her life not more important than that? however,maybe if polygamy is accepted all over the world, no woman will bother her head about a man being faithful to her which will ultimately bring about serenity into the life of the woman....This may sound ridiculous but think about it.

9.Why is polygamy acceptable in certain situations.
We have another hypocrisy when it comes to polygamy. In some cases where a lady can not bear a child for her hubby due to serious complications,she tends to give a go ahead for the man to take another wife and in the case where a lady knows she just can't be available due to many factors she gives a nod to a second wife but in a normal situation she will threaten fire should the man think about such move.

10.Can Polygamy reduce the incidence of lesbianism and zoophilism.
Ask any lesbian or zoophile you see why she is one and you can be sure to hear her tell you about a failed marriage or a failed relationship as a result of a cheating hubby or fiance. Most lesbians are in the act due to heart breaks from men but if every lady has it in their mind that polygamy is a norm, they will be ready to be in any affair with the mindset that the man may likely have another lady which will create an emotional readiness for such happening.

11.Does the Quran and bible outrightly condemn polygamy.
While our married Muslim sisters are at peace with their husbands irrespective of the number of women he marries, our Christian sisters are always quick to use the bible to counter the act of polygamy but while the bible does not clearly give a nod to polygamy,some people believed that there was no where in the bible that polygamy was condemned in clear terms and while many Bible scholars use human philosophy as regards the fact that GOD created only one woman for Adam,there is a documented evidence that those strongly loved by GOD were polygamists.

12.Is there any difference between Philandering and polygamy.
While many people believe that these two are different,i believe they are the same because in most cases, a mistress bears the man's children and gets all the attention the wife gets if not more so why fool yourself thinking you are married to one lady when in-fact your mistress is as good as your wife even if they don't stay under same roof.

13.Could the acceptance of polygamy reduce the rate of divorce cases.
Maybe If the world embraces polygamy, there will be a drastic reduction of women filing for divorce due to sexual unfaithfulness from the man as they will know before going into marriage with the man that there is a bigger possibility of him getting married to two or more wives.

This is not a one sided article but a vivid view on polygamy from a critical angle and i would be glad to read a counter view to this.

Hope this makes sense.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
What an insightful post, sir. They are saying polygamy leads to over population. I don't think I agree with that.
Firstly: practising polygamy doesn't always birth over population
Secondly: even if it does in their opinion, it shouldnt be the reason for not accepting polygamy and painting polygamy black, because there is a difference in knowing something to be good but can't be used due to some reasonable facts and something to bebad right from the start. What do you think Toks2008
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Wow... I really sat down to read your write up and I must say that I'm finding it hard to disagree with every point you made....this really made sense smiley

That is why I will continue to crave lalasticlala indulgence to beam the thread.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
I thought of asking that question too...then I realized that mother nature will somehow create a blance at some point....there will always be a balance smiley
ActOfWar:
What an insightful post, sir. They are saying polygamy leads to over population. I don't think I agree with that.
Firstly: practising polygamy doesn't always birth over population
Secondly: even if it does in their opinion, it shouldnt be the reason for not accepting polygamy and painting polygamy black, because there is a difference in knowing something to be good but can't be used due to some reasonable facts and something to bebad right from the start. What do you think Toks2008

Daretodiffer/dare2differ/doveda
#smilestoher
What do you think bout this post?

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
One thing I have noticed about women is their ability to hide their fantasies and desires while looking like victims at the same time. Virtually every woman in a relationship today, would rave and rant about wanting a man exclusively to themselves. However, introduce a Dangote to the equation. Ask them if they would choose their current boyfriend or husband if Dangote was available, but living with two wives. I would confidently hazard a guess that, at least, 80% of the women would go with the man.
There is nothing that makes a woman tingle more than money. So, when they say "A", I am usually very sceptical. If a man is rich enough, he will have Ph.D-toting women desperately lining up to give him children.

2 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Shymm3xx: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lol. This is why this forum is the toilet of the internet. Especially with the type of topics jobless kids who neither have full understanding/experience of the subject-matter and English words they dabble into and use. grin

I believe in ya mind you think you wrote something cerebral, after writing over 500 words of pure tosh, with no correlation whatsoever with the topic. This is basically an IQ reducing ramblings of an illiterate kid.

1). I believe you don't know the meaning of "idiosyncrasy" cos after perusing through the junk illiterate-write, I didn't see any idiosyncrasy there.

2). You can't really argue for "hypocrisy" when the points you argued against (albeit all over the place in your argument) are simplistic things you made up in ya head and not what the real proponents of polygamy use as posturing for engaging in the lifestyle.

Honestly, you and the idiotic mod who pushed this trash to the FP deserve to be thoroughly flogged for this rubbish. A lot of you don't even read what you write, especially the utter ridiculousness in ya thought process, yet you always think you've the answers to everything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
You know it WOULD be beneficial if women could marry more than 1 man.
They have the more earning power 2 support a family in this our unequal world.
And more earned is more spent so the economy is improved aswell.
Let us considet POLYANDRY as it is the more beneficial wink

This is a cute response but, it's hardly realistic. Would the woman be able to cope with demands from both husbands? One husband sef she never satisfying sexual needs, by the time she reach the house of the rescind husband her ass done dey hot. Na body go tell am.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Urukpe: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Richiy:
Toks2008,

I just have one question for you

Where you raised in a polygamous family?

The same way you took your time to research how polygamy will make life better for men and women, also research about how life is in a polygamous home.

And to wrap it up, take your time and read this somewhat realistic Nigerian novel "The secret lives of Baba Segi's wives"

Some polygamous family are far better than non polygamous family ( including single parent ). No one perfect solution, situation differs.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Urukpe: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
Toks2008:

Lalasticlala definitely must be very intelligent for Seun to make him a mod.

The unfortunate twist is that many Nigerians are so enmeshed in ignorance and they have created a comfort zone around it.

Lack of intellectual objectivity has become the bane of today' generation and you just elicited that attribute.

If you fail to look outside the box, you will forever remain a captive in your own delusion.

Are you better than the beautiful educated Muslim sisters who have no issues with polygamy?

Apparently you are below average in your reasoning faculty else you would have read the disclaimer and also look at the point raised without bias and only then will you be able to see the mindset of the writer as well as the reason to take a deep look into the subject matter.

Not forgetting all African traditions support polygamous marriage.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Urukpe: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
Toks2008:

naijaboy did not read the post and i can bet that with anything..if he did he won't make such comments..he probably read the previous topic without going through the writeup and hastily made comments but i know he will deny not reading the write up.

Furthermore, without promoting polygamy please who says polygamy must lead to many children?

A guy may decide to marry two wives and have just 1 child with each one. The point remains that i am not here to preach polygamy but only pointing out hard facts about it..cc: lalasticlala take a look at this,read it very well and make your decision.

Not forgetting some guys that married one wife but have more than 20 children courtesy of having other affairs outside
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
A world where a lady can date a married man but claims to hate polygamy.

A world where a lady will leave her husband due to adultery just to end up as a second wife to another.

A world where a lady discourages polygamy just for her to end up as a mistress or a second wife to another married man if by fate she loses her husband.

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by AZeD1(m): 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
Shymm3xx:
Lol. This is why this forum is the toilet of the internet. Especially with the type of topics jobless kids who neither have full understanding/experience of the subject-matter and English words they dabble into and use. grin

I believe in ya mind you think you wrote something cerebral, after writing over 500 words of pure tosh, with no correlation whatsoever with the topic. This is basically an IQ reducing ramblings of an illiterate kid.

1). I believe you don't know the meaning of "idiosyncrasy" cos after perusing through the junk illiterate-write, I didn't see any idiosyncrasy there.

2). You can't really argue for "hypocrisy" when the points you argued against (albeit all over the place in your argument) are simplistic things you made up in ya head and not what the real proponents of polygamy use as posturing for engaging in the lifestyle.

Honestly, you and the idiotic mod who pushed this trash to the FP deserve to be thoroughly flogged for this rubbish. A lot of you don't even read what you write, especially the utter ridiculousness in ya thought process, yet you always think you've the answers to everything.
I owe you one bottle of your favorite drink.

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Urukpe: 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I disagree with the Op because the world is way too overpopulated for polygamous marriage, we should be focusing on reducing the population, not increasing it smiley

If over population is ur reason against polygamous, that means ur idea is on shaky ground.

what happen to d idea that to every woman there is a man. So u are telling ur fellow sisters that some of them should not marry. That they should remain single.

Some single guys have more children than polygamous family man. polygamous has nothing to do with over population. Population can only be reduce when govt restrict the number of children a woman can have
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by quanternetz(m): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
fairlyusedpant:
That was what chief okafor did when he read one article like this in his village, he told himself that he must marry 10 wives, that polygamy is the best, he married ada, she gave birth to 5 children for him, he later married nkechi, she gave birth to 12 children, he told himself that he is tired of local girls, he wants to marry from all tribes, so he went to sokoto to marry aisha and rasheedat, making it 4 wives, and he went to ondo state to marry bukola, funmie and titilayo making it 7 wives, he still went ahead to calabar to marry imoh, ekatte and caro, making it 10 wives and his total children where 75 children, xo every year he use to do census for his family members to be very sure that they are complete, xo on his faithful day, he fell sick and was about to die, then he remembered that the only inheritance he has is the trouser he is wearing and the singlet, xo he called all his children and told them that'' my children , you know that my money has finished and it is only this trouser and singlet i have for you people for inheritance, so i would give... '' before he could complete his statement, he received one heavy slap from no where

well my brothers and sisters, this was the last i heard of him, chief okafor might be in heaven now with bandages and a broken hand, i just can't say, but all is well sha

How far na guy

why are you lieing

is chief Okafor your Father?
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
I later agreed with the op smiley.....and how's that working out for China? undecided they are still very much overpopulated if you ask me
Urukpe:

If over population is ur reason against polygamous, that means ur idea is on shaky ground.

what happen to d idea that to every woman there is a man. So u are telling ur fellow sisters that some of them should not marry. That they should remain single.

Some single guys have more children than polygamous family man. polygamous has nothing to do with over population. Population can only be reduce when govt restrict the number of children a woman can have
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Jackrich: 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Toks2008:

Since you are too lazy to read before commenting let me come down to your understanding with just one of the points listed.

Do you know that many young guys have been practising polygamy long before marriage?

How many ladies have you wooed on nairaland not mentioning offline?

How many girlfriends do you have presently?

People like you who come online to yapp ends up being a big polygamous guy.

Pastors and the bible preaches about fornication yet people still indulge in it.

Irrespective of your age, you need to grow up and open your eyes to the facts I wrote.

It will take some of them an entire lifetime to have a basic understanding of what you just wrote down.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Shymm3xx: 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
AZeD1:

I owe you one bottle of your favorite drink.

Lol. I'm good, bruddah.

It's not like I'm a fan of polygyny (which is what the topic is about) or even marriage the way it's structured traditionally. I was just perusing the thread trying to read something interesting cos most times, I don't even bother due to all the vacuous thesis these folks post back and forth, while saying a lot, without actually saying anything.

Anyway, I just posted cos of the use of "hypocrisy" and "idiosyncrasy" when there's nothing substantial in there about the two words. The only thing partially sensible in the write-up is the "number of unmarried ladies" albeit he ascribed that to irresponsibility, especially when the problem in societies where folks indulge in polygyny has more to do with economic reasons and shortage of men due to death. In Africa for example, where the black men control patriarchy and the onus of survival is dependent on men - there will always be shortage of men, due to economic reasons, and death via wars (instability of those places) and other collateral damages involved in survival. The same can be said about other places, especially 3rd world Muslim countries. And this has always been the reason for polygyny since time immemorial, albeit breeding with males who possess better genes can also be a factor.

Regardless, you can't really argue hypocrisy against the lifestyle cos in western societies where the lifestyle is banned, with white male patriarchy running the show - you still see elements of indirect polygyny amongst the most downtrodden demographics of the population cos of shortage of men. In this case, it's unlawful to marry more than one wife...however, there are tons of men with kids with multiple women. And once you analyse it, it has absolutely nothing to do with irresponsibility - and more to do with economic reasons, death, and mass incarceration. The black population in the US is a classic example. It's a norm there to see black men have kids with multiple women cos there's a shortage of men, due to how they don't measure up economically, deaths due to the gang/drug culture, and disproportionate mass incarceration.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
Shymm3xx:

1).I believe you don't know the meaning of "idiosyncrasy" c[/b]os after perusing through the junk illiterate-write, I didn't see any idiosyncrasy there.

Olodo..check it up.. apparently you are the ignorant one.Calling me a kid is very hilarious..oga abeg how old are you?

Its even more pathetic that you only trolled without making sense..And just incase you are so lazy to look up the meaning of the word you are definitely lame about i will help you out..

idiosyncrasy is a mode of behavior or way of thought peculiar to an individual or people.
It is also defined as a distinctive or peculiar feature or characteristic of a place or thing.

So what i wrote is clearly the idiosyncrasies of the people regarding polygamy presented in a peculiar way...So next time don't just barge into an intellectual thread to make a mockery of yourself....

2 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2016

There's nothing Irresponsible or desperate. It's the 21st century, Feminism has given women the right to work hard and act like men.

Afterall equal rights.

From history, women who work were the slaves, correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!
Also, on ur feminism, they should just call everyone 'HE' na!!!! Equal right ko, equal write ni!! Nonsense western mentality kawai!!!!
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by AZeD1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
Shymm3xx:

The only thing partially sensible in the write-up is the "number of unmarried ladies"
There's no sensible thing in the write up, not even the number of unmarried women excuse.
The question is what if the population of men were higher, would polyandry be the solution? (China has this problem)If he says yes, how do you marry that with the point were he says polygamy would help relieve Women of stress?
On the point of relieving women of stress, research shows there are fewer sexually satisfied women, so how does polygamy solve this?

The thread is a display of ignorance and anybody with an iota of sense would poke so many holes in the write up, a basket would be better for fetching water.

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
AZeD1:

There's no sensible thing in the write up, not even the number of unmarried women excuse.
The question is what if the population of men were higher, would polyandry be the solution? (China has this problem)If he says yes, how do you marry that with the point were he says polygamy would help relieve Women of stress?
On the point of relieving women of stress, research shows there are fewer sexually satisfied women, so how does polygamy solve this?

The thread is a display of ignorance and anybody with an iota of sense would poke so many holes in the write up, a basket would be better for fetching water.

Small time you people will be quarreling..I asked questions and they remain innocuous questions to be looked into and it is not about whether it is sensible or foolish.

I guess you have not seen cases where a man has a crazy libido that the wife virtually begged him to take another wife?

Honestly it seems many people just write stuffs based on what they think and not what happens in reality. This is why my write ups will always look foolish in the eyes of many people because they always look at things in the light of what is good and not from the realistic point of view..

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Shymm3xx: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Toks2008:

Olodo..check it up.. apparently you are the ignorant one.Calling me a kid is very hilarious..oga abeg how old are you?

Its even more pathetic that you only trolled without making sense..

Lol. You're stark illiterate.

The fact that you wrote "polygamy" and went on a nutjob rambling about "polygyny" is enough to show that you're an unlettered goblin and you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Follow these three steps:

1). Go to ya dictionary and check the meanings of "hypocrisy" and "idiosyncrasy".

2). Read the three main reasons for polygyny:

- Economic reasons due to patriarchy and poverty levels of societies where polygyny is prevalent.

- Shortage of men due death (wars and other things in those societies).

- Breeding with men with better genes.

3). Now, read through ya vacuous ramblings lettered 1-13 and tell me if there's any correlation whatsoever with those two words and reasons I posited. grin

The joke is on you, you puerile illiterate kid. You write like a 12-year old...and I doubt you're older than 15. Fix up, little boy. grin

I'm out...don't reduce my IQ.

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
Shymm3xx:

Lol. You're stark illiterate.

The fact that you wrote "polygamy" and went on a nutjob rambling about "polygyny" is enough to show that you're an unlettered goblin and you don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Follow these three steps:

1). Go to ya dictionary and check the meanings of "hypocrisy" and "idiosyncrasy".

2). Read the three main reasons for polygyny:

- Economic reasons due to patriarchy and poverty levels of societies where polygyny is prevalent.

- Shortage of men due death (wars and other things in those societies).

- Breeding with men with better genes.

3). Now, read through ya vacuous ramblings lettered 1-13 and tell me if there's any correlation whatsoever with those two words and reasons I posited. grin

The joke is on you, you puerile illiterate kid. You write like a 12-year old...and I doubt you're older than 15. Fix up, little boy. grin

I'm out...don't reduce my IQ.

Keep mum there you kid calling me a kid..you lack simple intellectual ability to discuss intelligently but would rather troll...you always try to make sense but instead you end up showcasing your ignorance.

If you had started your contribution in a mature manner i would have flowed but crossing the line to troll is unacceptable.

I am done with you.

2 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Shymm3xx: 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
AZeD1:

Apt! grin

The legendary Fela Kuti called people like him: basket mouth. grin

I just wanted to read something sensible against the lifestyle...but the guy didn't provide anything. I personally don't like it cos it's unhealthy for kids albeit I do use it to argue against other lifestyles I find abhorrent, that folks are forcing on other people. However, if you're going to write a sermon, make sure you understand the topic and words...and put everything in context with salient points. No vacuous essays and simplistic nonsense.
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
The truth be told, the hypocrisies and idiosyncrasies as i wrote are enmeshed in the questions asked and only a dogged approach to those questions will bring out the light.

I am so surprised that some men are already displaying some points listed by me....what is the difference between having a a mistress and having two wives?

The Alafin of Oyo and some other kings have more than one wife but the question is "if the Alafin were a civil servant earning 100k a month will these ladies marry him?"

Every question i asked there is a subject of discussion and not for rhetorics or odoriferous comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Fakes Son’s Kidnap To Extort N5m From Husband / Will You Accept Your Dad’s Secret Family? / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.