Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,077 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam (13482 Views)

How Yabatech Students Sat For A Test / Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? / When You Finish A Test That The Other Classes Haven't Taken Yet (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Joenyam(m): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2016
Haven't you heard that there is a time for everything?
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

I should not do what?
Something I have already done

I personally think theres nothing wrong in it. As long as i cancelled it
I think it was very unserious and immature of you to have done that. When you get into the university, be more serious and mature cos such joke could cost you a rosy university journey.
If you do that in a particular course, a lecturer could take on it and ensure you fail every course he teaches.
In the medical academia, there is something we call a veto fail, it's for instances like this.
A lecturer /consultant can give you a veto fail in a subset of one course, which means whatever you score in other subsets do not matter, you would fail the entire course. The implication is that you cannot advance beyond that stage of your academics until you pass the failed course.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Franchise21(m): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2016
This is incredibly hilarious grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by mechanics(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2016
Joke can be illustrations, examples, incidence relating to dat question, anything short of dat is wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by idnole4(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2016
Since you have crossed out the "joke", I'd guess the examiner didn't award you any score on it. And may be it got the examiner upset because s/he might fall in the category of people with mouth-odour.

Are you sure the questions you answered correctly are worth more than a D7?
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by HtwoOw: 7:15am On Aug 16, 2016
Your marker get mouth odor grin grin grin

That's the only logical explanation
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by daxon001(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2016
Op don't ever try it again. This is 9ja were in some sectors like Edu, they wonkoko mo whats very trivial i e, were they take seriously Wat they shouldn't. My room mate was forming ITK for a certain physics exam. After answering every question dopely, he wrote to the lecturer, "your no 5 question is wrong, the parameter should be so and so". The rest they say is history. grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by christofashion1(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2016
Devil don dey start playing "luskey" n hide n seek with u..... Try am for university.... OYO is ur case
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by daxon001(m): 7:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Actually I've tot of joking around in exam too o cheesy
I like dis topic cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by DeRay98(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Waste of talent you should be writing comics my dear.
Try that to any lecturer in UNIBEN, your own don finish be that.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by peedeeasobie(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Before you proceed. Pls know that i am not joking at all, I am being 100% honest.

So, when I was writing my waec. Civic examination, it was too easy. So,i decided to joke around a little bit. Since I was confident that I could not fail. I went to the answers to the question that said something like ' List 5 civic problems in nigeria '.
I wrote 2 actual civic problems, I dont
remember what i wrote. Then I wrote mouth odour then I wrote another problem.
Below that I wrote " 'pricing' of goods In the market" and I wrote another problem

I made sure I crossed out the points on mouth odour and pricing like this
But it was still very obvious. Thats how I wanted it to be
I just pitied d person dat will mark the script I know marking is very stressful and I wanted him/her to smile a little and cheer up.

It was Time to check my result. I passed very well. 2a's 5b's 1c. I saw d7 in front of civic education. I wanted to collapse. I was like wtf, someone cannot play with you people again. I wasnt pained. I dont understand how i can fail a subject as useless and easy as civic

And dont tell me I didnt answer it well. My worst case scenario was meant to be a b3. I know what i wrote

My fellow nairalanders, Pls tell me... was i wrong for what i did??

N:B- [size=70pt]This is not fiction..Its a real life experience [/size]
with small salt and pepper
Cc @ lalalisticlala ishilove nd co

You nearly collapsed but you weren't pained, really?

To answer your question... something is wrong with you!
If you were my brother (though no brother of mine can be this foolish), i would have slapped stupidity out of you!

You were joking when answering a question?
Did you see any joke in the textbook you read for the exam?

Nansense!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by haibe(m): 7:33am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:
[i][/i]' List 5 civic problems in nigeria '.
I wrote 2 actual civic problems, I dont remember what i wrote. Then I wrote mouth odour then I wrote another problem.
Below that I wrote " 'pricing' of goods In the market" and I wrote another problem

Whats the joke about pricing of goods in the market? You realise the word "pricing" is an economic term? I will simply assume you dont know the answer if i was the lecturer and therfore won't see any joke.

You should be smart enough to know that not everyone find everything funny, some people are strict and serious

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2016
Someone actually did something similar during our MOCK exam for O level Mathematics. The paper had 'answer all questions' and the guy wrote 'in sha Allah'/ God willing. The teacher read it out to the entire class after the exam and laughed about it. He even thanked the guy for lightening his mood while marking. He was not a Nigerian teacher though.

Modified

I also remember another incident that happens in JSS1 when a girl wrote God bless this paper on her test. The teacher (Nigerian) called her out and embarrassed her in front of the entire class.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by ifeomaekol(f): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2016
Don't do it again! There is a time for everything---exam isn't a joke so u dnt take it as such. Pple r different, not everyone ll see wat u meant as a joke, to be a joke. Dnt take ds attitude of yours into the university, it wnt be easy for u if u do. Its good to be confident dear but dnt end up been corky, learn to keep things in the right perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by ifeomaekol(f): 7:40am On Aug 16, 2016
daxon001:
Actually I've tot of joking around in exam too o cheesy
I like dis topic cheesy
well dont
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by enjoy1100: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2016
THERE IS TIME FOR EVERYTHING ....
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by brainhgeek(m): 7:46am On Aug 16, 2016
next time do not do it. you never could tell the state of mind of the person to mark your script. might sound good to you but not funny to him.
however, it was wrong for the marker to fail you for those parts you got correctly except you thought you were right and the marking scheme told a different story.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by richieperez: 7:48am On Aug 16, 2016
dunkem21:
It is not wrong at all rather it is a creative style of writing..

I used a joke to land "A" in London GCE..

Infact, WAEC has traced me to my school to conclude a story I intentionally stopped half way which was packed with suspense..

I used it as an edge in the university and the lecturers appreciated it. Sometimes, I write in vernacular to drive home the point.

It's my style of writing cool.. even here on NL wink

Baba stop the lies jare. Olamide sang #liespeopletell for pple like u

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Emeka71(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Before you proceed. Pls know that i am not joking at all, I am being 100% honest.

So, when I was writing my waec. Civic examination, it was too easy. So,i decided to joke around a little bit. Since I was confident that I could not fail. I went to the answers to the question that said something like ' List 5 civic problems in nigeria '.
I wrote 2 actual civic problems, I dont remember what i wrote. Then I wrote mouth odour then I wrote another problem.

I made sure I crossed out the points on mouth odour and pricing like this
But it was still very obvious. Thats how I wanted it to be
I just pitied d person dat will mark the script I know marking is very stressful and I wanted him/her to smile a little and cheer up.

It was Time to check my result. I passed very well. 2a's 5b's 1c. I saw d7 in front of civic education. I wanted to collapse. I was like wtf, someone cannot play with you people again. I wasnt pained. I dont understand how i can fail a subject as useless and easy as civic

And dont tell me I didnt answer it well. My worst case scenario was meant to be a b3. I know what i wrote

My fellow nairalanders, Pls tell me... was i wrong for what i did??

N:B- [size=70pt]This is not fiction..Its a real life experience [/size]
with small salt and pepper
Cc @ lalalisticlala ishilove nd co
You are a fool for joking in your examination; what to do is finish answering the questions and then joke; as a matter of fact examiners are not moved by those things.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Rank50: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2016
I've marked waec several times & most of it is scheming marking inorder to be fast.. Xo once u get a slight impression dt a candidate doesn't know wat his writing.. U don't bother reading much..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by chrysso83(m): 8:01am On Aug 16, 2016
If u think it's not wrong u should ve added d joke in ur maths and English
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Exponental(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2016
That's not funny. You should have left your name out and just write your phone number. The marker would have funnily called to ask for your name.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by BrosMayowa(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2016
you joked with the exam and they joked with your result

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2016
What'so funny about the exam that you started writing comedy in your scriptnever should you try that again ,it's a different case when you are familiar with d teacher dah would mark your script and it's another thing entirely when you have no idea on who is going to mark ur script....oversabi,mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by delishpot: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2016
Lol, you would have done same with Maths and English too na
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by josgolf(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2016
Lesson you should learn: Never joke with your future.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by redcliff: 8:19am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

I should not do what?

can one joke with his destiny? Whatever your answer is, is what you just did and what you were not supposed to do. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by peak115: 8:23am On Aug 16, 2016
You joke with your answer you got a joke mark

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Prettychiz4real(f): 8:25am On Aug 16, 2016
@Op, the examiner had mercy on you by giving you D7. If it were me, I would award you F9. How can you joke with your future? Huh?
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Feranmicharles(m): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

I should not do what?

bro, there's nothing wrong in that, especially in English language. Whenever I'm to write comprehension, i always add joke(comic) to make d lecturer laugh,, and trust me, I always pass it not C o B or A smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by 0ubenji(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2016
No debate.. Na deeper life woman...unmarried in her mid 30's mark that script.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2016
justicejay:
Joke during examination That's equivalent to toying with your future
But I cancelled the tn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof Emmanuel Ayandele Is Dead, Ex Vice-Chancellor Of The University Of Calabar / ASR Africa Awards $3million Education Infrastructure Grant To Ghana / Help Jamb Admission Letter Says No Admission Yet Am In 400level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.