Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam (13512 Views)

How Yabatech Students Sat For A Test / Did I Do Wrong To Study In Maritime Academy Of Nigeria?? / When You Finish A Test That The Other Classes Haven't Taken Yet (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by daxon001(m): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2016
ifeomaekol:
well dont
Yes ma. I've my GP to protect nacheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by daxon001(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

But I cancelled the joke. I still don't deserve to fail upon all this
Well Wat can I say, Gba kamu.. ..or u wanna go to d ministry of education?
GCE dey there na
Modified.. .in fact u don't need Civics dat much do you?
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Did you protest the injustice

Injustice? if i was dumb enough to do that during exams then hey it was well deserved..just saying
my obvious point is, theres a time and place for everything, an exam paper is definitely not the place to be rehearsing your humor skills.
its shows a lack of focus and prioritization skills .

Common sense states that....
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by YhungPablo(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2016
if I don't comment here am a betrayer.. I did dz during my waec last year.. mine was “Please help me ma” So I eventually failed my core subjects...
now this year I came through.!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by olaolaking: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2016
You were to list 5 civic problems. You listed 2 correctly and you got D7. So for your mind you were supposed to get A1 abi?
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by dunkem21(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2016
YhungPablo:
if I don't comment here am a betrayer.. I did dz during my waec last year.. mine was “Please help me ma” So I eventually failed my core subjects...
now this year I came through.!

cheesy.. You just indicated to the lecturer that you failed and needed help cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by dunkem21(m): 10:58am On Aug 16, 2016
olaolaking:
You were to list 5 civic problems. You listed 2 correctly and you got D7. So for your mind you were supposed to get A1 abi?

.. and there's no correlation between his joke and answer.. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Prettychiz4real(f): 11:02am On Aug 16, 2016
dunkem21:

Aki-onu's name reverberates the whole institution and endear students to him. .. Aki-onu means "kissing".

For example, If your answer in his question of Characteristics of a man is 'REASON AND REFLECTION' and you add 'ako na uche'

Add humour to your writing, it's a secret I reveal to none.

Super Lion/Lioness, humour that is relevant to the question being answered is okay but not the one Op is talking of. I know Akionu well, he's playful and expects his students to do same. You know he's the one marking your script and his style of marking it and so you give it to him that way. I had lecturers like that too, while for others you hit the nail at the head and dare not even do any cancellations in your script let alone add a humour to it. In the case of Op, he doesn't know the examiner and the marking scheme to be used and so shouldn't have done what he did. I always tell my students to go straight to the point when answering questions, if they tell you mention/list five items, stick to that. Don't do oversabi. Stop scribbling things like "Help me God", "I cover this paper/examiner in the blood of Jesus", "I love my teacher etc" on their scripts. It's not gonna earn you marks but your ability to answer to the point will and may earn you extra more marks.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Prettychiz4real(f): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2016
[quote author=dunkem21 post=48525322] Super Lion/Lioness, humour that is relevant to the question being answered is okay but not the one Op is talking of. I know Akionu well, he's playful and expects his students to do same. You know he's the one marking your script and his style of marking it and so you give it to him that way. I had lecturers like that too, while for others you hit the nail at the head and dare not even do any cancellations in your script let alone add a humour to it. In the case of Op, he doesn't know the examiner and the marking scheme to be used and so shouldn't have done what he did. I always tell my students to go straight to the point when answering questions, if they tell you mention/list five items, stick to that. Don't do oversabi. Stop scribbling things like "Help me God", "I cover this paper/examiner in the blood of Jesus", "I love my teacher etc" on their scripts. It's not gonna earn you marks but your ability to answer to the point will and may earn you extra more marks.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by dunkem21(m): 11:09am On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by dunkem21(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2016
Prettychiz4real:
Super Lion/Lioness, humour that is relevant to the question being answered is okay but not the one Op is talking of. I know Akionu well, he's playful and expects his students to do same. You know he's the one marking your script and his style of marking it and so you give it to him that way. I had lecturers like that too, while for others you hit the nail at the head and dare not even do any cancellations in your script let alone add a humour to it. In the case of Op, he doesn't know the examiner and the marking scheme to be used and so shouldn't have done what he did. I always tell my students to go straight to the point when answering questions, if they tell you mention/list five items, stick to that. Don't do oversabi. Stop scribbling things like "Help me God", "I cover this paper/examiner in the blood of Jesus", "I love my teacher etc" on their scripts. It's not gonna earn you marks but your ability to answer to the point will and may earn you extra more marks.

Thank you so much.. You have done justice here.

The point is clear, know your lecturer.. Play with the playful ones and be serious with the serious ones.. more importantly, answer your questions backed with facts.. Never beg for marks nor *Love/bless your lecturer..

Infact, you added another point in that examiners deduct marks for each word you cancel..

Again, thanks for experiencing Akionu.
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by obstead200(m): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:
[i][/i]' List 5 civic problems in nigeria '.
I wrote 2 actual civic problems, I dont remember what i wrote. Then I wrote mouth odour then I wrote another problem.
Below that I wrote " 'pricing' of goods In the market" and I wrote another problem
probably the the person who marked the script has mouth odour.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by DLuciano: 11:32am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Before you proceed. Pls know that i am not joking at all, I am being 100% honest.

So, when I was writing my waec. Civic examination, it was too easy. So,i decided to joke around a little bit. Since I was confident that I could not fail. I went to the answers to the question that said something like ' List 5 civic problems in nigeria '.
I wrote 2 actual civic problems, I dont remember what i wrote. Then I wrote mouth odour then I wrote another problem.
Below that I wrote " 'pricing' of goods In the market" and I wrote another problem

I made sure I crossed out the points on mouth odour and pricing like this
But it was still very obvious. Thats how I wanted it to be
I just pitied d person dat will mark the script I know marking is very stressful and I wanted him/her to smile a little and cheer up.

It was Time to check my result. I passed very well. 2a's 5b's 1c. I saw d7 in front of civic education. I wanted to collapse. I was like wtf, someone cannot play with you people again. I wasnt pained. I dont understand how i can fail a subject as useless and easy as civic

And dont tell me I didnt answer it well. My worst case scenario was meant to be a b3. I know what i wrote

My fellow nairalanders, Pls tell me... was i wrong for what i did??

N:B- [size=70pt]This is not fiction..Its a real life experience [/size]
with small salt and pepper
Cc @ lalalisticlala ishilove nd co
its not wrong its your life tho. if you go for a written test for job also add small joke. This is the most foolish questions every come across on NL
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Feranmicharles(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:
I like your kind of person
oshey!!! smiley cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by StanlyBenson(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Well i honestly think you SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT. Because most of these people who mark scripts have ZERO sense of humor. They may see the joke, but will not interpret it as one. Just saying.

.................................................................................................

Hello everyone.

My company is currently about to launch a new project that will completely revolutionize the cinematic experience for everyone in Nigeria. We are about to launch the beta test in a few months, before then we would like to get some concrete information (feedback) from all of you. Please kindly follow the link and fill the survey, your opinion is HIGHLY needed to help us craft a good product/service for you.

Thank you.

www.2479ja.tv/survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeY7MBPPc_iWAuUHQ-nvpfbYACnDndjrshp2Q-UZMB8GWGitA/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by aBbiie25(f): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Haba, I cancelled the tn

uhhuh undecided undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
FinestPINACLE:
Wetin concerns me Farts n zoom off..
angry too bad, what dd u eat? Like u took bread and okro soup angry?
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
FinestPINACLE:
Wetin concerns me Farts n zoom off..
angry too bad, what dd u eat? Like u took bread and okro soup angry? Same thing u dd last 2 weeks. Uhhhh. Be guided o angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by itzdeejay: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
I don't think is wrong depending on how is done and if its linked or an indirect answer to the question.

I use some lines like that in the hall but I put quotation and explain it.

if probably u explained how "mouth odour" is a civic problem....it would have been awesome.

#don'tTRYthisAThome when u dont know anything.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by temmym4(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Your issue is actually simple. immaturity and not bn serious.

it is an EXAMINATION. you are being examined in every ramification. as far as i can tell. "TOO KNOW" is a problem you have to check. always try and pay attention to whatever you are being told to do and with every seriousness in you. If u want to be a comedian, go for auditions instead.
you are lucky you got a "D"
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
daxon001:

Well Wat can I say, Gba kamu.. ..or u wanna go to d ministry of education?
GCE dey there na
Modified.. .in fact u don't need Civics dat much do you?
I dont need it, I just want to find out if what I did is wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

Injustice? if i was dumb enough to do that during exams then hey it was well deserved..just saying
my obvious point is, theres a time and place for everything, an exam paper is definitely not the place to be rehearsing your humor skills.
its shows a lack of focus and prioritization skills .

Common sense states that....
You may be right. Xcept the bolded. Humour isnt something that is simple. To be humorous you need to be focused and intelligent
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
olaolaking:
In total. I listed 7. (plus d mouth odour and pricing)

I cancelled 2. Leaving 5 correct ones
dunkem21
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by ifeomaekol(f): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
daxon001:

Yes ma. I've my GP to protect nacheesy
yes
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
The humour was relevant to the question. If you want to be serious. Mouth odour is indirectly related to bad hygiene. And pricing of goods in the market spreads poverty. So. Pls. How isnt it relevant
Prettychiz4real:
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
dunkem21:

Thank you so much.. You have done justice here.

The point is clear, know your lecturer.. Play with the playful ones and be serious with the serious ones.. more importantly, answer your questions backed with facts.. Never beg for marks nor *Love/bless your lecturer..

Infact, you added another point in that examiners deduct marks for each word you cancel..

Again, thanks for experiencing Akionu.
Wait oooo, when its not english

Why would a lecturer subtract mark from a persons test just because of ordinary cancellation. Even if the reason is legitimate
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
DLuciano:
its not wrong its your life tho. if you go for a written test for job also add small joke. This is the most foolish questions every come across on NL
And this is the most foolish answer I have ever come across in this whole world

I asked a simple question. ' I am not one of those people that forms itk. If I dont know something I ask'
If you cant give me your opinion, please dont insult me
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by daxon001(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

I dont need it, I just want to find out if what I did is wrong
Since u cancelled it, no Na......but y are u still dwelling on this
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
aBbiie25:

uhhuh undecided undecided
Somebody is seeking for advice and this is what you gave him
You are free to joke all ya exams/years away! Iranu!
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
NigerianScholar:

You may be right. Xcept the bolded. Humour isnt something that is simple. To be humorous you need to be focused and intelligent

Nope, any one can be humorous, even a nutless monkey can be humorous, infact goats are humorous without even trying. DO you know what else is humorous? ducks are too, so are donkeys and our president too is humorous without even trying.

so i disagree, beacuse frankly the above listed dont have the required traits you so stated
Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
Another Part of an examination is also being free and expression. If I can express myself with a humourless twist. Why not?

In an exam, you have to make your work as unique as possible
temmym4:
Your issue is actually simple. immaturity and not bn serious.

it is an EXAMINATION. you are being examined in every ramification. as far as i can tell. "TOO KNOW" is a problem you have to check. always try and pay attention to whatever you are being told to do and with every seriousness in you. If u want to be a comedian, go for auditions instead.
you are lucky you got a "grin"

Re: Is It Wrong To Put A Joke In My Answers When Writing A Test/exam by NigerianScholar: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

Nope, any one can be humorous, even a nutless monkey can be humorous, infact goats are humorous without even trying. DO you know what else is humorous? ducks are too, so are donkeys and our president too is humorous without even trying.

so i disagree, beacuse frankly the above listed dont have the required traits you so stated
I am talking about humour based on intent. The type you are talking of has to do with people laughing at. What I am trying to do is to make the marker laugh with me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Prepare For UTME Within Three Weeks / Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others / Delsu State 2011/2012 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.