Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older (14607 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Boondoggle(m): 6:09am On Aug 10, 2007
@ poster,

As per age, adult is adult but to help submission and respect and from personal experience I will NOT recommend older women for men, even if it a day's difference. When the couples involved do not know, they flow as in they just play their different roles. But as soon as they know, the flesh takes over and both of them may not be able to help it.

Godsgirl:

I wouldn't marry a man 5 years younger than me. I'm afraid that I will treat him like a child and I do not believe any man (no matter the age) deserves that kind of treatment. I guess it's all in the human psyche but I would prefer to marry an older man. My choice could very well have stemmed from my junior high school experiences. During after school lessons, the boys in class were practically in "heat" every day and wanted to get in every girl's pants; only to write the names of their victims the next day on the wall, with illustrations of their pubic area on display. I'm sure you can imagine how such images could affect a 14 y/o girl at the time. I generally think older men (having already been there and done that) have a better sense of control. My future husband will be at least 10 years older than I am and no more than 12. I've got it all planned out. FYI, I do realise that some older men could act as kids, therefore I do not base my decision on age alone.

Agape!

@ G-gilr,

Did I hear you or is it read you well? You 've got it all planned out I reserve my comments.

Shalom cool
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Godsgirl(f): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2007
@ Boon:

I don't understand
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Boondoggle(m): 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2007
You may want to explain the part of your post I put on bold font.

Shalom cool
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Godsgirl(f): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2007
Right here? undecided
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Boondoggle(m): 4:09am On Aug 11, 2007
You may want to use the get-away thread instead . . . . grin or send me one wink

Shalom cool
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by TCUBE(m): 7:36am On Aug 11, 2007
depends on the cultural belief, this is a nigeria forum, so u already know what it do
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by ibrahiem(m): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2008
are u telling me to get involve with a cargo.men,i just can't imagine myself living under the same roof with a worn-out or a spare part
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by spoilt(f): 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
i know lots of couples where the woman is older and looks a lot better than the man. is it just me or are nigerian men aging prematurely these days? grin
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by squirrel20(f): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2008
if you truly love this lady then the age shouldn't be a problem at all, just follow your heart and forget about wat people will say.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by larryA: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2008
Do you know that the attraction you have will be questioned by the situation around you one day, the ladies want a man that will guide and protect them not the one that will be a bag to Carry allways, do not allow your emotional feelings draw you into perpetual bondage for life.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Verycool: 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2008
I don't see anything wrong with the age difference at all, age is all in the mind, if you truly love and care for her then it shouldn't bother you
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by spoilt(f): 3:12am On Mar 14, 2008
larryA:

Do you know that the attraction you have will be questioned by the situation around you one day, the ladies want a man that will guide and protect them not the one that will be a bag to Carry allways, do not allow your emotional feelings draw you into perpetual bondage for life.

are you trying to suggest that a lady cannot feel protected or 'guided' by a younger man?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by eroyapa: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2008
thats not a bad idea but you need to be careful
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Imani(f): 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2008
larryA:

That is a rather immature way of thinking about issues. The ability to "guide" is not merely defined by age. You seem to imply that an older man will always be more sensible than a younger man. Look around you, you will probably find that isn't always the case. I would rather go with a "younger" man who knows what he wants, than an old cargo who is a waste of space. There is no fool like an old fool. If the ability to exercise authority, or simply boost your ego by getting hitched to younger women is what you want, then by all means. knock yourself out. Having said that, some young men unfortunately also never mature, and will thus always act like children and may never become a "man". As long as the young man is not meant to be a toy, then it may work

@ Topic,

Relationships conducted in this day and age are more or less unconventional, alot of people are breaking from stereotypes and finding happiness in previously uncharted paths. I believe age should not be an issue between two matured people. . . key word here is "matured"
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by ehie007(m): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2008
My candid advice is to cut out from the relationship, now that ur not married u think thers love between u guys, wait till u marry and see her true color, no matter what during the course of staying together sometimes she will snap and disrespect you cos she knows she is older than you. my guy flee and find somone ur age or younger or at most 2yrs older than you.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by amenking: 8:11pm On May 10, 2011
i've neva dated a girl i'm older than.its just a coincidence.though i neva told them(just 2)
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by ajadek(m): 7:12am On May 11, 2011
Mariage is not 4 age, is 4 maturity, if theres happy home pls go ahead.but keep d secret.in kan ta ba fi paman lo ma niyi.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by akunta(f): 9:12am On May 11, 2011
in as much as most pple think tat age is just a number
it is not, cos consciously or not the guy involved will
feel an action by the older lady is because of she is older
or, the older lady will no longer be herself cos she
doesnt want to do sumthg the younger guy will
regard as disrespectful.
as for me, i already hv my heigth workin against me
am 30 but luk very much like a 18yr old and
wud definately not marry a man 1 minute younger than me
migth be ovareactin, but tats hw i feel. grin
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Bawss1(m): 3:34pm On May 11, 2011
"Marry in your thirtieth summer and your wife should be a virgin in her 19th year".

I forget who said that but it does have a nice ring to it.
smiley
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by harakiri(m): 5:58pm On May 11, 2011
Human beings can be pathetic hypocrites. The same people who say "age is but a number" would frown if a 60yr old man was romantically involved with a 14yr old girl. The same people would pull angels from the sky and uproot demons from hades in rage if they discovered by biological mother was having an affair with a guy younger than themselves. Shebi age na just number abi? Make dem lock you inside prison for 5 years and you go begin appreciate and respect TIME/AGE. People just utter statements anyhow without a thorough understanding of the words. . . MR POSTER, Use your common sense. The same ppl saying "age is not a number" will NEVER give that same advise to their blood relation. Use your common sense, abeg.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by horny4u(f): 7:12am On May 12, 2011
If you let what will people take the free will your creator gave you that's ------- why not marry a vampire 5 years younger than you and see hell. Marriage is no ludo game and age is nothing but its ur free will if u are not ok with it break it up.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by DBestDoc(f): 5:26pm On May 12, 2011
@ AK 47-is she 75? why will making luv wit her irritate u?
so funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes / Pro And Cons Of Living Together With Your In-Laws. / Another Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.