Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,188 members, 7,825,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older (14593 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by soliq55(m): 2:20am On Jan 03, 2007
I think 5 years is too much because women get visually older than men in the long-run, and u don't want to marry a woman that will look like granny in the next 10 years,
Just my little advice.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2007
Love does not protect you from age, but age sometimes protect you from love.
You've got to follow your hear and like someone said the other time no matter the advice being given to you on this forum from users you will still follow the decision your heart is gonna make.
Its not really easy to come to conclusion if one is to look at the opposition one is gonna face at the homefront.
But with love all obstacles will be conquered.
I personally found myself being in the midst of older ladies, cos i reason beyond my age, and my physique is also an advantage.Whenever i tell the ladies my gae, they dont believe.
And i know that i will be getting married a lady that will be older than i do.They understand much better than the younger ones, they dont really need your money compared to the younger ones also, all they need is your love and loyalty.And for you to be saying you are in love then you must be ready to give the whole of your being in service to them and you will definitely get the same if not more in return.
Stay cool and also keep the fire of love burning.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by oje(m): 12:06pm On Jan 03, 2007
@Teslim,

I see some flaws in your first comment.

[b]I still can break up the whole thing. In my mind I call her baby mama! Though I think I love her too.[/b][

the above statement tells me you would like to get out but don't know how.

I suggest you find a way to getout as soon as you can because if you truly loved her, you would have stated this explicitly. You can not live a life with a woman for over fifty years with this kind of feeling you have got now. the only thing that can keep you with a woman of such attributes in years to come is true love and natural likeness. I dont think this is your case.
So get the crush-veil out of you eyes and see beyond your nose. You can not afford to joke or toy with a womans heart, tell her the truth now like a stitch in time and "save nine". She can still find somebody older, that will love her better now than when she drops a kid for you. (likewise you).

But if you want to restate your comment ie. tell me how much you love her, then i have another advice for you

My candid opinion!.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by nigacutie(f): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2007
To me i will never marry a men who is younger than me
but i think you should have not told your parents
I wouldn't listen to my parents i will just go ahead with it.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by lioness(f): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2007
Men! 5 years plenty oh.

But then again what are we looking at here.
Are u 25 and she's 30 or are yu 30 she 's 35
or ur 35 and she's 40? Lets see some exact range here
And folks should stop saying that age aint mothin but a number cos it aint.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by oscar(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2007
Ol,boy, seriously, I no envy you right now. I mean, if you neva dey that situation before, you no go understand how dillemmic(check dat word!) it could get. I had the misfortune to date one who was just a couple of years older. Boy! UYou wan try as this girl carry hold me! I got really scared when she started telling me time was not on her side. What was I supposed to do. Young chappy, just about rounding off youth service (and by the way, she was serving, too). Anyways, I just think dating(and, potentially, marrying) an older girl, in present day Africa, carries a lot unneccessary pressures. Any young man could do without those. And that's being candid, friends.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by nikynike(f): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2007
O boy but it doesn't matter. People will not know if u did not let them no about it. Its all above love and l dont think 5 years is too much.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Jokotola: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2007
Love, they say, is blind. If U really love her then go ahead. Afterall, U will be the one whose gonna bear the cross. My friend, ride on wink wink wink
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Gamine(f): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2007
The guy wld wound himself
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by bruce(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2007
My guy no long thing, carry go so long as you no go for a wrong motive,
I don try am myself, they are xperienced and matured.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2007
won fi se e ni? no my brother, please i take god dey beg you please, e go dey sweet you today, but it maybe to late when your eye will open. what is not good is not good. we are nigerians and we got culture and tradition. please i dey beg you in the name of god, go for a younger girl. please bro.because what is attached to dating older female when you are a male is unbelivable. thank you.

thank you so much lioness. i dont know why girl are so bright and understanding than men this days. uncle please oh no try am. try to tell her you are breaking up with her and see what happen
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Dauda(m): 4:03am On Jan 05, 2007
Women, like wine, get better with age.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by lioness(f): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2007
if it were few months or pehaps a years difference, one could let it slide but a whole 5 as in FIVE years shocked

Gezz man! Give yourself a break. tongue
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2007
I cant believe some people are making such a big deal about 5 years

he didnt say he had a sugar mummy, he said 5 years. I'm almost 30years and i still get questions like when are you starting university; cos i look at least 14 years younger than i really am. ITS NOT LIKE THE CHIC IN QUESTION HAS WRINKLES AND NEEDS A WALKING
STICK

@poster
Bros I understand it can be awkward with siblings it terms of relating to them especially the cultural thing but the main reason you are with her siblings is simply because you are her MAN so don't let such things intimidate you else you are not ready to be just that, HER MAN.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by sammyjl(f): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2007
cheesy Know that love conquers all. I dont think there is anything wrong with that.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by alexis(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2007
This age thing is really delicate in Nigeria. You need to ask yourself several questions i.e.

1. Am I ready to get married, is the babe ready as well.
2. Does she want kids soon because she feels that she is getting old and you are not quite ready?
3. Do you really truely love her?
4. Are you guys compatible?
5. Do your folks support the marriage?
6. Do you guys have the same religious preferences?

Answering these questions honestly can give you a clear picture if you will be with her or not. You can also seek counsel from your church or your mosque.

In my opinion, I see nothing wrong with it. Look at it this way - Will you date/marry Mariah Carrey or Hally berry? I definately would grin
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by lioness(f): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2007
LMAO

grin grin
salsera:

I can't believe some people are making such a big deal about 5 years

ITS NOT LIKE THE CHIC IN QUESTION HAS WRINKLES AND NEEDS A WALKING
STICK

Ru sure?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by stellose(f): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2007
ENGLISH 1, YOU SOUND LIKE ME, MY BROTHER THIS DAYS AGE IS ONLY A NUMBER.

IF YOU FEEL YOU WILL OK WITH THIS LADY MY BROTHER GO GET HER , IF SHE IS A REAL AFRICAN LADY , IF THIS WOMAN RESPECT YOU LIKE OUR AFRICAN CULTURE WANTS.

CATCH HER FAST. AND MORE OVER I KNOW SHE WILL BE A KILLER IN , IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN GO FOR IT MAN. BUT IF YOUR MUM PEEP WELL SHE FIT DECODE.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by deejay1(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2007
yaite personally i won't go 4 it coz it will always backfire towards u trust mi man but if u know u can handle the humiliations that might follow it , hope it just work out
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by galatico(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2007
Age is nothing but number of days so it does not matter if she is 5years older than me what depends is if I really love then why not I'll marry her,
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Gamine(f): 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2007
it aint rite, nd wldnt reli work out,
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2007
hey hey hey, please my people let leave english out of this @sammyjl which kind of love be that, abi lovu ofo wo lon conquers. if love will conquer anything, let see if it can conquer the age difference first. jo jo omo

if this boy be my brother, kai all hell would have already break loss expecially if he is my younger brother, coz i dont know how i will be calling his girl friend anuty ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by amoke115: 5:16am On Jan 09, 2007
Age is more than numbers o! why marry a younger dude?
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by dthyfubyd: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2007
guy if u love the chick go ahead. am took sure that when u guys started ur relationship u never knew her age and u woule have thought u are older than her, but later u got to know. what if she didn't want to tell u her real age. As long as she is not looking not bad at all. Infact there are chicks u are far older than but look older than you, what will u guys see to that.
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by Mystique(f): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2007
Dare Art Alade's wife is 8 YEARS older than he is!! shocked shocked
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by nextbeatz(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2007
tEslim wow!!! im happy that im now the only one in that shoe but in my own case i burst the relationship but the sad thing is that i am not single and searching again embarassed
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by mololu: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2007
there is definately nothing wrong in that friend
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by boladonas(m): 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2007
pls remember to call her "mama" always
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by IboMan1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2007
Na men ,Bros that thing is not ease,
Been there done that but last last you get to waka o
Personally wahala go bust when you wan carry am reach house.
Bros them go talk tire.
But really there isnt anyone chick u present to the house that
gets total acceptance

Try sha !last last ur happiness counts
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by IboMan1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2007
@ Stellose
You don decode the KOKO!!!
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by afrikangal(f): 11:00am On Jan 19, 2007
English1 it matters alot is disastrous.or u self r now like the british people u better don,t try it lol shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older by JustGood(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2007
age no be just number o.
age go tell you how old person be.
na the time wey una reach 40 yrs wey you go sabi say you don hook to grandma
you never sabi anything. if you dey enjoy the yansh make you enjoy am but no take am serious o
when you begin see say she old e fit too late for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Come To Terms With My Guilty Feelings About Quitting Breastfeeding? / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / My Wife Spent 450k On Baby Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.