Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit (1339 Views)

Yakubu Gowon's Son, Musa, Returns After 22Years In Prison / President Returns To Nigeria After A 3-day Visit To France (PHOTOS) / Jubilation In Mubi As Emir Returns After Fleeing From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2009
Nigerian president returns after Saudi visit
(AFP) – 21 hours ago

ABUJA — Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua has returned to Abuja after a visit to Saudi Arabia, his office said on Saturday.

"The president is back. He returned to the country last night," a senior presidential aide told AFP.

Yar'Adua, 58, travelled to Saudi Arabia last week, following a medical check-up there last month.

According to an official statement released from his office the latest visit, the third in about a year, was at "the invitation of King Abdullah", .

He had made an 11-day trip in August for medical checks and the lesser pilgrimage to Islam's holy sites.

He also went to Saudi Arabia in August last year for what officials said was a religious pilgrimage.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5igDpc5TuzbHQwNj1_dBIyCndq6fw

He still looks seek - Maybe his VP needs to take over before he collapse. His health and the nation are suffering - are these boneheads in the national assembly asleep?

Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by AjaraEwuro: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2009
@Poster

So, dont you fall sick? Is he not human?

Now, when he travels, it is news, when he comes, it is news, when he doesnt go anywhere, it is news- what are you on about randy poster?
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by CrudeOil2(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2009
Maybe you haven't seen Yaradua recently. Sick is an understatement, Yaradua is DEAD.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

@Poster

Now, when he travels, it is news, when he comes, it is news, when he doesnt go anywhere, it is news- what are you on about randy poster?

I do get sick with cold or maleria - maybe once a year. And I am not the president of a nation of ~150m people - a nation with lots of challenges that need immediate attention.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by Bialegend(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

@Poster

And what does your rant above have to do with his comment below. Mr arrslicker from the arrlickers tribe, do you even comprehend? Now, can you point out where his comment means that he doesn't fall sick, and perhaps not have feelings for another human. What is with your people and arrss licking of the awusas? Jeez.
He still looks seek - Maybe his VP needs to take over before he collapse. His health and the nation are suffering - are these boneheads in the national assembly asleep?
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2009
Even the tyrant dictator, Kim Jong-il has handed over the day-to-day N.Korean governance to his son due to his cancer --- (NLers don’t go nuts on me, just trying to draw some analogy - albeit, a very bad one)
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by AjaraEwuro: 9:11am On Sep 28, 2009
Franklin D. Roosevelt ruled America from a wheelchair for over ten years - americans coped with him instead of praying him to die.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by SkyBlue1: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

Franklin D. Roosevelt ruled America from a wheelchair for over ten years - americans coped with him instead of praying him to die.
Roosevelt got work done. What has Yar Adua done in two years? That is the issue.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by kosovo(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2009
;d
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by StEdwin(m): 10:49am On Sep 28, 2009
Bleep Yar Adua.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by nex(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2009
I don't know what you people want from this man. Did you vote? Then shut up!
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by OvieE: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2009
This guy is a fucking sick monster.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by Sine1: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
OvieE:

This guy is a fucking sick monster.

You have just described your mother for us. . .may I ask why?
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by nethacker(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
I dont think dat pix above is Nigeria's president's cos he looks so so disgusting arrrrrggghhh angry angry wanna throw up
I pity the guy cos uneasy lies d head that wears d crown grin grin
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by jidobaba(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2009
doesnt look that bad to me. matter of fact, he never looked better
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by bawomolo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

FDR didn't have to take overseas trips for treatment.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2009
nex:

I don't know what you people want from this man. Did you vote? Then shut up!

For starters, we'd like him to start ruling the country and fullfill the electorates' mandate, or at least his own mandate to the people of Nigeria - maybe just one of his seven point agenda.

Nigerians would not be troubled by his numerous trips to Saudi Arabia, if he's actually showing some progress in dealing with the huge issues Nigeria(n)s face.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by back2back(f): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
ok, let us break yaradu legs so he can rule from wheelchair!!!
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
THE YAR’ADUA’S 7-POINT AGENDA

POWER AND ENERGY – Worse off
FOOD SECURITY – Worse off
WEALTH CREATION – Worse off
TRANSPORT SECTOR – Worse off
LAND REFORMS – Worse off
SECURITY – Temporary amnesty in place and boko haram qwelled
EDUCATION – Worse off

So essentially nothing has been done by this president.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by SkyBlue1: 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2009
bawomolo:

FDR didn't have to take overseas trips for treatment.

What does Yar Adua do when he is not on overseas trip for treatment and what does you response have to do with the post I was replying to about Americans not praying for FDR to die??
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sky Blue:

What does Yar Adua do when he is not on overseas trip for treatment and what does you response have to do with the post I was replying to about Americans not praying for FDR to die??

I think @bawomolo was responding to @AjaraEwuro post[Franklin D. Roosevelt ruled America from a wheelchair for over ten years - americans coped with him instead of praying him to die.] 
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by SkyBlue1: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2009
$poOne:

I think @bawomolo was responding to @AjaraEwuro post[Franklin D. Roosevelt ruled America from a wheelchair for over ten years - americans coped with him instead of praying him to die.] 

You are right, @bawomolo, my apologies, impetuos response, was in a rush. However I am still curious though as to how that arguement fits in. I ask this because the excuse by many for Yar Adua's lack of performance has been the health issue and how he needs to live for medical trips. I don't see the validity in such arguement for many reasons but even if I am to indulge such reasonings I still don't see how the guy travelling abroad for medical check-up has stopped him from functioning when he is in the country.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by bawomolo(m): 6:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sky Blue:

You are right, @bawomolo, my apologies, impetuos response, was in a rush. However I am still curious though as to how that arguement fits in. I ask this because the excuse by many for Yar Adua's lack of performance has been the health issue and how he needs to live for medical trips. I don't see the validity in such arguement for many reasons but even if I am to indulge such reasonings[b] I still don't see how the guy travelling abroad for medical check-up has stopped him from functioning when he is in the country.[/b]

he is regularly absent from his post while on medical trips. FDR went to Florida (coral springs i believe) during his rehabilitation and had messengers from Washington.

as for the bolded, that's another argument
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2009
bawomolo:

he is regularly absent from his post while on medical trips. FDR went to Florida (coral springs i believe) during his rehabilitation and had messengers from Washington.

I agree with totally - I saw some documentary on FDR - this guy worked harder than most presidents with no ailment at all.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by SkyBlue1: 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2009
bawomolo:

Good argument though I feel it becomes a tad irrelevant when you consider the leaps in telecommunication.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
I get the feeling this man took the job for the healthcare benefits!!! lol grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by spoOne: 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
Sky Blue:

Good argument though I feel it becomes a tad irrelevant when you consider the leaps in telecommunication.

The sad truth, is that this president more than likely may lack the skills and drive to effectively rule this country - I think the sickness albeit valid, is just a smoke screen to mask his inhability. If this is not the case then there are other ulterior motive for his frequent trips to Saudi Arabia - is it posible that he's working very hard to turn Nigeria into an Islamic state - which would spell doom? I am also very concerned about his passiveness in governing this nation.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by walata44(m): 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Poster

I just which people can ignore this guy on this forum, 'cause some of his/her comment sometimes, May be you are benefiting from the misrule that is going on Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by bawomolo(m): 2:28am On Sep 29, 2009
walata44:

I just which people can ignore this guy on this forum, 'cause some of his/her comment sometimes, May be you are benefiting from the misrule that is going on Nigeria.

He is a patriot.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Sep 29, 2009
I think Nigerians need to sue this man, for holding a whole nation hostage.
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by chic2pimp(m): 4:13am On Sep 29, 2009
^^^ Any suggestions on how nigerians would go about doing suing him? undecided
Re: Nigerian President Returns After Saudi Visit by AjaraEwuro: 4:45am On Sep 29, 2009
Chimps that never voted nor pay tax nor contribute to anything in making the country better are shouting as if the man Yar Adua took their banana from them, maybe just right- he took the banana from the moda foking chimps.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Rally: Orji Booed In Aba / Why A Yoruba State, Lagos, Is Now Less Reliant On Federal Allocation / Nigeria: The Morning After By John Campbell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.