Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved (35071 Views)

Soku Oil Wells: Apologize To Amaechi Now - APC Tells Wike / Wike Seeks Surveyor-general Help In Retrieving Oil Wells From Bayelsa / Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by banzuz(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
Is it just me or has any one noticed the propaganda of associating grude to other part of naija, just so to reduce the moral of the militants?

I think it is working grin
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by geraob1: 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
The economic injustice in this country is just too much.. Big ups to Lagos who has achieved much growth by stifling the economic opportunities of other regions. Only 1 state wan get 2 seaports, two international airports, and we have 36 states in the region. The onitsha seaport is yet to commence, the ibaka seaport of akwaibom, we dnt know if that has entered voice mail...

this development will spread if other seaports in calabar, akwaibom and onitsha are allowed to flourish; with international airports allowed in other commercial cities in Nigeria. its really unfair that only 1 state gets this undue advantage..

Quote me and watch your life run the way buhari runs nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by crestedguy(m): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
mamabomboy:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/17/breaking-news-fg-approves-lagos-ownership-of-4-oil-wells-disproves-1-other/
I must say the beneficiary of this oil well is not Lagos state but jagaban himself,what he wanted from past government and was not within his reach,now it is in pocket,oya jagaban dey jagaban the wealth of Lagos dey go

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by guyXander(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
alakara:
Lagos is now Niger Delta.
Who is this non-geologist making a mess of technical terms?
The Niger Delta is the place where the Niger river empties into the Atlantic ocean. It forms the sign 'Delta' before it empties into the ocean.
Other Deltas: Nile Delta.

The Basin around the Niger Delta was automatically called the Niger Delta Basin. The Niger Delta Basin does not stretch to Lagos State. Crude oil is not restricted to the Niger Delta basin alone, therefore, your misconception.
Nor is it a name for any place where you find crude oil.

Anyway, what you meant to say is, "Lagos state is now an oil producing state."
Now that's the correct statement.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Wizzyblack3(m): 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
alakara:
Lagos is now Niger Delta.
No! Lagos Delta or Eko Delta

2 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Flexyshubzy(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
mamabomboy:
Rubbish. Lagos southwasted has no oil wells. All this daylight robbery will blow up in their faces soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by DesChyko: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Where? When?
Get your facts right

I don't joke with my facts. But your question is incoherent, probably due to your personal misinterpretation of my post.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by tinsel: 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lagos state una well done. Dividend of moving away from opposition politics.
The one they said they got at my back yard in Anambra state, we don't know the kind of politics they are playing there despite the fact Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan is our brother.it is well.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Deadlytruth(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
ToySoldier2:
You see why it's always good to stay on the side of truth no matter who seems favoured. Lagos is now to benefit from 13%derivation. I remember when ND governors were fighting for it

God has a way of rewarding those who stood with truth at a time a lie would have benefited them more. I remember Tinubu (on behalf of Lagos State) was the only non-SS governor who attended meetings with his SS contemporaries to strategize for resource control agitation. All the other 29 non-SS governors looked on as if it was not their business, or better still for the fear of being impeached through the back door by despot OBJ. Now Lagos State is the first initially non-oil producing state to produce oil after the agitation for resource control began. The other states should learn a lesson here.
Stand for the truth even if falsehood will pay you better at that moment. You might not know what you yourself have that may later make that truth work in your favour.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by charlesucheh(m): 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
mamabomboy:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/17/breaking-news-fg-approves-lagos-ownership-of-4-oil-wells-disproves-1-other/
I just pray this doesn't lead to militancy and insurgency in the State like other ss states. Well, I don't foresee such as lagos has been self productive hitherto!
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Triple333: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Why can Lagos approved and disprove oil wells and not the Niger Deltans? Who owes all the oil wells? Are they northerners?

I dey ask ooo! Are from the NOT?
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Flets:

Without True Federalism, Lagos at this rate will become like Niger Delta

nigeria does nt nid changed form of governance naa we d citizens nid to restructure our mindset n reasonin. westerners believe in there hustle,,no time to drop out of school n b chantin our oyel...if americans n nigerians swap country 2day.. naija wil develop yle america we end up recessed

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Enahi(f): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
RedCapChief:
Ambode is getting rounder and rounder.
The money from 4th mainland bridge and 13% derivation will turn him to blom-blom

The man is a pig.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Deadlytruth(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
geraob1:
The economic injustice in this country is just too much.. Big ups to Lagos who has achieved much growth by stifling the economic opportunities of other regions. Only 1 state wan get 2 seaports, two international airports, and we have 36 states in the region. The onitsha seaport is yet to commence, the ibaka seaport of akwaibom, we dnt know if that has entered voice mail...

this development will spread if other seaports in calabar, akwaibom and onitsha are allowed to flourish; with international airports allowed in other commercial cities in Nigeria. its really unfair that only 1 state gets this undue advantage..

Quote me and watch your life run the way buhari runs nigeria.

So correct and factual. In fact at independence we were practising true fiscal federalism by which each region summarily retained 75% of its own revenue and remitted only 25% to the centre. By that arrangement each region was developing at its own pace and was free to utilize its funds to invest in building seaports, airports, industries, universities, etc.
However it was an Igbo man called Aguyi Ironsi that came and, in the name of seeking "national unity" dismantled true federalism thus abolished the regional structure and replacing it with unitary system which led to a chain of reactions that ended up redirecting all powers and revenues to the centre (Lagos) resulting in economic strangulation and stunted growth of all other parts of the country for 50 years now and still counting.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by teebillz: 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Bolustic:
Lagos and SW indigenes must be considered first for employment before other Nigerians.

If catchment areas is applicable for universities and unity schools admissions, it must be allowed for oil producing areas too.

Anyone who doesn't believe in Nigeria particularly those who want to secede MUST not be given privileges that accrue to those who want to stay.

There must be something about them that you dread letting them go. Are you afraid that you will die without them.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Lushore1: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
The most important part of this news is that the disproved oil well belong to Ogun state.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by attackgat: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Deadlytruth:

So correct and factual. In fact at independence we were practising true fiscal federalism by which each region summarily retained 75% of its own revenue and remitted only 25% to the centre. By that arrangement each region was developing at its own pace and was free to utilize its funds to invest in building seaports, airports, industries, universities, etc.
However it was an Igbo man called Aguyi Ironsi that came and, in the name of seeking "national unity" dismantled true federalism thus abolished the regional structure and replacing it with unitary system which led to a chain of reactions that ended up redirecting all powers and revenues to the centre (Lagos) resulting in economic strangulation and stunted growth of all other parts of the country for 50 years now and still counting.

If Ironsi is guilty of introducing unitary system, them all those who came after him are guilty of sustaining it.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by ntebong: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
Before 2015 general election Amechi convinced good peoples of Rivers State that GEJ hates them so much and illegally ceded oil wells that belongs to Rivers State to his own state Baysela, that after APC win presidential election , the disputed oil wells allegedly illegally ceded to Baysela on the order of GEJ will be reverted back to Rivers State , GEJ is no longer in government, it is over a year and 5 months now, Amechi is yet to fulfill his promise. Is this promise among all the promises cancelled by APC led government ?

What magic did Lagos State government used to quickly resolved their whilst Amechi is yet to do same in Rivers.

Amechi we are waiting.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Guyman02: 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
Bolustic:
Lagos and SW indigenes must be considered first for employment before other Nigerians.

If catchment areas is applicable for universities and unity schools admissions, it must be allowed for oil producing areas too.

Anyone who doesn't believe in Nigeria particularly those who want to secede MUST not be given privileges that accrue to those who want to stay.

Will all the Yorubas in the oil companies is the S/S now relocate to Lagos?
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by OAUTemitayo: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
DesChyko:

I don't joke with my facts. But your question is incoherent, probably due to your personal misinterpretation of my post.
Very coherent. I asked where did some people abuse oil producing areas on "the basis of being the areaa producing it"?
Probably you are the one misinterpreting the abuse on those bombing oil infrastructures in order to weigh in their demand which historically has been proven to be self centred and not in the interest of the oil producing areas at large.

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Kaybaba5(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
God bless Lagos
God bless south west
God bless Nigeria
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by codemaniacs: 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
seguntijan:

thanks for the clarification, I just feel like what has Danjuma, Alakija and co has done for the country compare to the oil well that will be managed by the state government at least the profit will be used for social welfare and infrastructural developmental which is much more better than enriching individuals.

that's how its to be done, but nepotism and corruption ruined Nigeria, the North was in power when the oil boom started so they allocated most of the oil blocks to themselves and since Ironsi abolished regionalism, it made difficult for a southerner to own an oil block back then.

1 Like

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Deadlytruth(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
attackgat:

If Ironsi is guilty of introducing unitary system, them all those who came after him are guilty of sustaining it.

It is a known fact that a person who sets a bad precedent is always guiltier than all others who later copied him. Ironsi was warned that once the purse is centralized it would become very difficult and almost impossible to reverse it as those who would later have a taste of a centralized purse would not want to let go again. That is where we are today. Even GEJ whose region is most disadvantaged by the centralized purse was so carried away on seeing its size and attractiveness that he too began to resist restructuring. Certain precedents are better not set.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by rhektor(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
codemaniacs:

that's how its to be done, but nepotism and corruption ruined Nigeria, the North was in power when the oil boom started so they allocated most of the oil blocks to themselves and since Ironsi abolished regionalism, it made difficult for a southerner to own an oil block back then.

That Ironsi guy is actually the beginning of Nigeria's problem. Even though the flat heads wouldn't accept

5 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by TVTKOKO(m): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
DAMN! GREAT SOUTH WEST!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by ba7man(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
crestedguy:
I must say the beneficiary of this oil well is not Lagos state but jagaban himself,what he wanted from past government and was not within his reach,now it is in pocket,oya jagaban dey jagaban the wealth of Lagos dey go
At this rate, Jagaban go soon come collect your girlfriend. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by DesChyko: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Very coherent. I asked where did some people abuse oil producing areas on "the basis of being the areaa producing it"?
Probably you are the one misinterpreting the abuse on those bombing oil infrastructures in order to weigh in their demand which historically has been proven to be self centred and not in the interest of the oil producing areas at large.

Perhaps asking me to explain myself would be best. You misunderstood my post. The 'insult' was based on the futility of the intentions of NDA and their cohorts, wanting control over a resource that is quick losing its value. Celebrating the discovery of the same maligned substance elsewhere is laughable. Perhaps the Politics section is a stranger to your Nairaland sojourns. I will indulge you.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by Deadlytruth(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
rhektor:

That Ironsi guy is actually the beginning of Nigeria's problem. Even though the flat heads wouldn't accept

In fact Ironsi remains the biggest calamity that befell Nigeria. That guy was so daft and silly that in the name of pursuing "national unity" he replaced a model and perfectly working system with another system that was already known all over the world to cause nothing other than laziness, non-productivity, corruption, massive looting at the centre, abuse of centralized power, marginalization, bloodshed, tribal suspicion, suppression of minority rights, mutual hate, riots, arson, rape, imbalance, militancy and war.
I don't know what convinced him (a barely educated man) that he knew better than all the university graduates who took pains to go to London in 1957, brainstorm over there, and came out with the independence constitution of strict regional federalism.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by codemaniacs: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
rhektor:

the SE shoots itself in the foot most times... If they had kept quiet and had patience they would have gotten the oil... Gowon wouldn't have created states to give some oil rich igbo villages to the SS and the SW would have had Delta and some parts of Bayelsa.

Ironsi is not the beginning of Nigeria's problem... he is the beginning of southern Nigeria's problem...

5 Likes

Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by deliveryboy: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
MinorityTribe:
Why can Lagos approved and disprove oil wells and not the Niger Deltans? Who owes all the oil wells? Are they northerners?
Did you read the title at all or you just let your stormy emotions control your keyboard? So much pain in your small body.
Re: Lagos’ Ownership Of 4 Oil Wells Approved By FG, 1 Other Disproved by OAUTemitayo: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
DesChyko:

Perhaps asking me to explain myself would be best. You misunderstood my post. The 'insult' was based on the futility of the intentions of NDA and their cohorts, wanting control over a resource that is quick losing its value. Celebrating the discovery of the same maligned substance elsewhere is laughable. Perhaps the Politics section is a stranger to your Nairaland sojourns. I will indulge you.
Condemning the actions of NDA doesn't mean that the discovery of oil in another place should not be celebrated.
With effective management of the funds accruing from the oil derivation the oil could turn out to be a blessing reverse of which is the case in the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Smart Adeyemi Describes Okezie Ikpeazu As A Drunkard / ISWAP Sets Military Base On Fire In Borno / Why We Postponed Declaration Of Niger Delta As A Territory – Niger Delta Militan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.