Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. (5671 Views)

Meet The Latest Couple In Delta State That Every One Is Talking About (photos) / Na Waooo For This OLD WOMAN Ooo... See Muscle! / Waooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
I rep ESAN[/] grin .

[b]Alright here is a little info about the esan nation

Esan people are an ethnic group in Edo state who speak the Esan language.The modern Esan nation is believed to have been organized in the 15th century.There're on the whole 35 kingdoms established in Esan land,including:ewohimi,ekpoma,uromi,irrua,ewu,ubiaja and opoji.The institution of marriage is a sacred one to these people and as such have laid down rules to guide it.

Moving on, the TABOOS are:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
#1.. when a woman is married to an Esan man,it is a abomination for another man to touch her wrapper.Else it is considered as though she has committed adultery,unless the married woman shouts at the man or reports to her husband.

#hmmm.strange
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by vicstar(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
undecided

Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
#2....It is an abomination for a married couple or anyone at that to have s*x in the afternoon,as it is believed that a certain spirit would be angerd by the act.

#no wonder i haven't seen any.(but they should be busy with work na).
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by Pierocash(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
at my age i dnt comment on stupid post
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
#3...when a woman commits adultery,she will lose her children and her life as repercussion for the abominable act unless she confesses and as restitution,she is striped completely unclad, a part of her head is shaved,a part of her private part is shaved,one of her ampit is shaved and both of her hands are tied behind her while a basket full of trash is placed on her head.she is then paraded around the community by the other women.

#well i actually witnessed this while growing up in my village.say like 3-4 of such cases of women residing in the community or outside,like lagos ,rich and poor striped of their clothes rubbed with charcoal and paraded round the community.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pierocash:
at my age i dnt comment on stupid post
No..should have been.....at your age u still don't know how to mind your business.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
i sight u @ halfricanadian
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by halfricanadian(f): 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
pacretus:
i sight u @ halfricanadian
lol SEA ING IS BELIEVING
I SIGHT YOU TOO
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
#4....if this is not done and the woman goes ahead to cook for her children,they will die one after the other including her.if she also confesses to her husband and out of pity or love her husband conceals the confession,he will die within one week if he eats the meal cooked by her.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
halfricanadian:

lol SEA ING IS BELIEVING

I SIGHT YOU TOO
cheesy all of a sudden u went AWOL, u chop ban??welcome anyways
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
halfricanadian:

lol SEA ING IS BELIEVING

I SIGHT YOU TOO
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by halfricanadian(f): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
pacretus:

lol wat more can i say?
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
oh please!

I schooled in benin, a course mate of mine then was a prince, all these auchi princes, he told me that those things are just said to scare women against adultery, thats all

even my landlord then that was outside the country, my friend was hanging his wife regularly, nothing happened

African juju #crap

3 Likes

Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
#5...Its a taboo for another man to cross the outstretched legs of a married woman.Else it is concidered aa though she already has s*x with the man.

#true..i know an esan man who quareled with his wife seriously for sitting on the ground and allowing her brother cross her legs.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
2BB4CB3E:
oh please!

I schooled in benin, a course mate of mine then was a prince, all these auchi princes, he told me that those things are just said to scare women against adultery, thats all

even my landlord then that was outside the country, my friend was hanging his wife regularly, nothing happened

African juju #crap
what does an auchi man know about tradition....i have heard of a family who lost their father because her wife wasn't faithful to him..most cases it does kill unless the woman is diabolical.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
#6....a married woman cannot still her husbands money in Esanland as it is seen as an abomination.she must tell him about it.

#hmm..strange,many women are quilty of this..there's no consequence.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
pacretus:
what does an auchi man know about tradition....i have heard of a family who lost their father because her wife wasn't faithful to him..most cases it does kill unless the woman is diabolical.
i see!!

The only evidence you have to back these ineffective taboos are "i have heard"

all my life "i have heard" many bullshiit stories that somhow never happens to anyone i know undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by AbuMikey(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
OP, You are a very Big Liar!!
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
#7...it is considered an abomination for a man to sit on the matrimonial bed of an Esan couple as it is seen as a taboo.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by Francis95(m): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Mehn, This Rubbish..lol grin
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
#7...it is also an abominatiom for a woman to spit on her husband under any circumstance.if she does she must sacrifice a fowl to appease him.but the man can bath his wife wife with his own spit.

#biased tradition.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
#8...it is seen as an abomination for an Esan man to use the same bathing bucket with his wife. but due to widespread christianity,this taboo has almost gone into extinction.

# don't know if it was the reason the male had a seperate bucket from the female.could still remember reffering to a particular bathroom as''mumsys's'' or female.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pweetylivia(f): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
All I know is that most tribes HATE Esan people,
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pweetylivia(f): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
All I know is that most tribes HATE Esan people because most of them are evil and wicked
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by Maxi112: 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
pweetylivia:
All I know is that most tribes HATE Esan people because most of them are evil and wicked
are you serious? tell me more about them
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
#9....The husband of a woman who just gave birth most stay away from her s*xually for 3 months as she is considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges.

#This isn't just about tradition.it's common sense.she needs to recover fully.
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by EMPERORLEEE(m): 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hiaan Esan women wey sabi turn their husbands to vegetable well well undecided
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nollywood actress mercy johnson is married to an Esan man,probably why she has a stable marriage or what do you think?

Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by pacretus(m): 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
EMPERORLEEE:
Hiaan Esan women wey sabi turn their husbands to vegetable well well undecided
haven't seen any..bro
Re: Top 9 Marriage TABOOS In Esanland(edo State) That Would Waooo You. by EMPERORLEEE(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
pacretus:
haven't seen any..bro

And I have seen 5 Ser.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEX STORY: My Cousin Stacy Comes To Visit / Is It True That Men That Don't Womanize Or Drink Alcohol Are .........?? / False Rape Allegations: How Do Men Protect Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.