Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise (28812 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by barikay: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Let him relate with the Holy Spirit, He will tell him guide him
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ezychris(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
If and ONLY if pastor gives him another wonderful job that glorifies God and still make him smile to the bank every month, then he should quit.

My 1kobo
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by solmantb: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Op...u have painted ur friend's side of the story but if the pastor is a genuine man of God no one here despite all their rantings knws what the pastor may have seen in the spirit...Your friend on the spot should have asked the pastor 'WHY'. Its not bad for him to knw the pastor's reasons for not being in support of the job that way he may have beem able to decern if it was a spiritual warning or the pastor's opinion. Also if he has trust in his pastor and can confirm he is a genuine man of God then its better to ffg the pastors advice....the ways of God is not the ways of Men.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
muzzafar:
The first miracle Jesus did was to turn water into wine the truth is Not all those on suits parading themselves as pastors should be regarded as pastors majority of them are wolves in sheep clothing.
If you look closely , you will realize that today's Pharisees are actually pastors.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by keltho(m): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please kindly tell your friend 2 stick to his new job and he should keep on searching for another....cuz itz bad 2 be idle...Nt in dis Buhari economy sef
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ajusshi:
Take the job u say? Dude you and the fellow are not yet true Christians. A true Christian will reject the job outrightly... Rejecting the job won't be the end of the world for him. Infact, it could be a turning point in his life by making him to look inwards..
By your standard, Jesus Christ is not even true Christian .
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Abasanto(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
the pastor dy mad...resign Wetin? even the guy sef na mugu.....who d pastor help? just because the pastor pray for u, he is enemy of progress.....dont even think twice of resigning frm the job....anti success and end time pastor
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
ogaprime:

madam continue...God knows the person behind this monika, God knows your house. When something happen to the salary and the source, you go say na that old mama for your papa village don upgrade her powers come use am flex on you not knowing na your hand and mouth cause am. Money used to bet is "propabilitically" gone
what on earth are you talking about?
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.
he got d job so he cld preach to d lost souls there. That pastor self no sabi bible. Y was Jesus always among d poor n sick, sebi to heal them abi? Hiss
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
As obama did
MrHighSea:
Delete the pastor and quit the church.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Princewell2012(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
omorttee4u:
It's very simple. Tell your friend not break down about this. Let him keep the job, to support his family, consequently look-out for another job.

He has to keep searching, while on this job. He need to live...

You see, initially i was against this pastor's advice. But things are not always the way we looked at it.

Now we don't know the type of pastor he is, the kind of anointing he has, and even his calling.

Now the pastor prayed for a miracle Job and brewery Job surfaced. Now the pastor reaction has shows that such a Job was not what he prayed for, meaning a better work with good salary is on the way. But this brother is impatient because of his predicament.
At the same time he knows the type of church they attends knowing fully that his pastor preaches against alcohol and now he is ready to compromise his faith because of a little offer and challenge.

If he goes on and collect that Job,
1 his relationship with God may drop drastically or he losses it completely.
2 he may die along the process, either by accident or otherwise, accident does not necessarily have to be vehicular there re other forms of accident. I prayed that none will ever happen to him.
3 he is a man of little faith and can easily compromised his faith because of money when a little challenges comes his way.

I advice him to take his pastor's advice and believe God for his miracle Job to come his way soon.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by kov624665(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
All that glitters isn't gold. The job might be a test for your faith, what about if he eventually lose the job after going against the words of God (if the Bible actually talked against alcohol, cos i'm a Muslim o)?. We just can't be smarter than God. If its forbidden for you to take alcohol, why get involved in its production?
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by NobleG1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.

Firstly, your friend is st*upid for even listening to this useless pastor.
Secondly, your friend must be a fool for considering leaving his job because a pastor doesn't like it! Did he get the job for the pastor or for himself?

What has the pastor got to do with his job? Does he actually think the pastor has power to get someone a good job by simply praying? If that conman called a pastor has power to get someone a good job, I'm sure he won't chose to be a pastor!

Tell your dumb friend to keep his job! And also tell him that he didn't get the job by any other means than his credentials! Prayer doesn't work!!
People who have hope in prayers are lazy religious as*sholes!
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by gemini6228: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:

Hi brother.
I work with Nigerian Breweries and all I can tell you is that you should advise your friend to hold on to the job. Working with the company does not make one short of righteousness, everything depends on how one chooses to live his life. Let him retain the job please as the pastor won't feed his family if he resigns. Wait a minute please, does it mean that all employees of Nigerian Breweries are hell bound? I am pretty sure the pastor won't shy away should he get some donation from the company. That's my opinion though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by muzzafar(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
blueseacats:
If you look closely , you will realize that today's Pharisees are actually pastors
na so my dear. They will decree rules that they themselves are unable to follow
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
For this Buhari time? That pastor is a wicked soul. I hope he is not a gullible follower.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by olushowunm(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:

Let him take it sharp sharp....Naso my cousin get that kind job in the 80's for NB as Technical Manager! But his deeper life soul will not work in that place! he was even recruited from his University. Till today na secondary school teacher him be till today!
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by lonelydude: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
solmantb:
Op...u have painted ur friend's side of the story but if the pastor is a genuine man of God no one here despite all their rantings knws what the pastor may have seen in the spirit...Your friend on the spot should have asked the pastor 'WHY'. Its not bad for him to knw the pastor's reasons for not being in support of the job that way he may have beem able to decern if it was a spiritual warning or the pastor's opinion. Also if he has trust in his pastor and can confirm he is a genuine man of God then its better to ffg the pastors advice....the ways of God is not the ways of Men.

Spiritually mature advice.

@op; I want you to go to YouTube and listen to Frank Edward's story.Just type in Frank Edwards - My story.

He said he was offered a big opportunity to make it big globally if he could replace the name of Jesus with god in his music just to please men listeners.He almost agreed but God warned him not to.This was a time he and his family had nothing.He chose to obey God and now we all know his present story.

Tell your friend to have a deep discussion with his pastor along with prayer and fasting.The job might just turn out to be his last test before that awesome breakthrough.

You are blessed.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by yinkhar(f): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
y did he ask pastor and not God? is he serving God or pastor? pastor only talked based on his opinion.
if christains dnt work in such places, den who will
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by AreaFada2: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
If a man with a wife and 4 kids says he's confused about such a matter, then my people, we have a problem in this country o, big problem. shocked shocked

Extremism cropping up everywhere.

God help us.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
This is so stupid grin grin
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
gemini6228:

Hi brother.
I work with Nigerian Breweries and all I can tell you is that you should advise your friend to hold on to the job. Working with the company does not make one short of righteousness, everything depends on how one chooses to live his life. Let him retain the job please as the pastor won't feed his family if he resigns. Wait a minute please, does it mean that all employees of Nigerian Breweries are hell bound? I am pretty sure the pastor won't shy away should he get some donation from the company. That's my opinion though.
thanks bros God bless you
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by omorttee4u(m): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
Princewell2012:

You see, initially i was against this pastor's advice. But things are not always the way we looked at it.

Now we don't know the type of pastor he is, the kind of anointing he has, and even his calling.

Now the pastor prayed for a miracle Job and brewery Job surfaced. Now the pastor reaction has shows that such a Job was not what he prayed for, meaning a better work with good salary is on the way. But this brother is impatient because of his predicament.
At the same time he knows the type of church they attends knowing fully that his pastor preaches against alcohol and now he is ready to compromise his faith because of a little offer and challenge.

If he goes on and collect that Job,
1 his relationship with God may drop drastically or he losses it completely.
2 he may die along the process, either by accident or otherwise, accident does not necessarily have to be vehicular there re other forms of accident. I prayed that none will ever happen to him.
3 he is a man of little faith and can easily compromised his faith because of money when a little challenges comes his way.

I advice him to take his pastor's advice and believe God for his miracle Job to come his way soon.

I understood you perfectly, but would let you know, our God is not wicked, if he's working with N B , with the aim of being temporary, I believe all his mind will be on another job. More over, working temporary with big big company would help him get another big job.

Faith can be shaken in all way, not until you work with certain company. If God want to test your faith this way. Go for it and prove the devil you are fully stand with God and never get carried away.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by jireh250: 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm, I couldn't help but smile while reading the numerous comments against the pastor's advice, reminding me of the scripture that says broad is the road that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to salvation. I bet majority against the pastor's advice will curse the day a brewery was built when his/her 18 year old daughter crosses her legs in their sitting room with only one and a half bottle of Star and argues thus:"Daddy/Mummy, see I'm not drunk, in fact I can tell the color of your cloth"
Even in Islamic Accounting/Banking, alcoholic businesses (tagged Haram) are not to be given loans, how much more Christians deliberating on this.
There is the logic that malt drinks are also produced there...I almost fell for it. See, the devil is very subtle...who amongst us here with his/her natural IQ is more intelligent than Eve or the serpent?
If your friend is a true Christian, he should prove God by not taking the job. Or is God wicked not to come sure for him knowing that he "foolishly" rejected the job for His name sake? It's a difficult decision especially with the family factor, but let him prove God. In fact, he should not have applied in the 1st place.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Abdulazeez007(m): 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]
igwegeorgiano:

jesus turned water into wine. Most wines are alcoholic. tongue
igwegeorgiano:

jesus turned water into wine. Most wines are alcoholic.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Fourwinds: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
ceekak:
Seriously guys, the use of foul words on this platform is so not cool, everyone is just insulting and passing insults on the man of God, for Christ sake this guy needs advice, all you guys do is throw abuses. You don't have to comment in all Topics, if you know you can't come up with something reasonable, why not just save your time and don't comment! Haba guys
kip kwayet my friend
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Seahawk: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Tell your friend I said he's stupid. No advice for him.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Seahawk: 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Taa mechieonu. All these annoying holy pass folks

jireh250:
Hmmm, I couldn't help but smile while reading the numerous comments against the pastor's advice, reminding me of the scripture that says broad is the road that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to salvation. I bet majority against the pastor's advice will curse the day a brewery was built when his/her 18 year old daughter crosses her legs in their sitting room with only one and a half bottle of Star and argues thus:"Daddy/Mummy, see I'm not drunk, in fact I can tell the color of your cloth"
Even in Islamic Accounting/Banking, alcoholic businesses (tagged Haram) are not to be given loans, how much more Christians deliberating on this.
There is the logic that malt drinks are also produced there...I almost fell for it. See, the devil is very subtle...who amongst us here with his/her natural IQ is more intelligent than Eve or the serpent?
If your friend is a true Christian, he should prove God by not taking the job. Or is God wicked not to come sure for him knowing that he "foolishly" rejected the job for His name sake? It's a difficult decision especially with the family factor, but let him prove God. In fact, he should not have applied in the 1st place.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
MANY ARE CHURCH GOERS BUT FEW ARE CHRISTIANS. because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, the heart of me is fully set in them to do evil continually. though a sinner do evil an hundred times and his days be prolonged, yet surely i knw dat it shall be well with them dat fear GOD. ECC. 8:11-12.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
MANY ARE CHURCH GOERS BUT FEW ARE CHRISTIANS. because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, the heart of me is fully set in them to do evil continually. though a sinner do evil an hundred times and his days be prolonged, yet surely i knw dat it shall be well with them dat fear GOD. ECC. 8:11-12.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by jireh250: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seahawk:
Taa mechieonu. All these annoying holy pass folks

Lol...calmuo down.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2016
i once found myself in a church at lagos, d pastor said in d course of his msg, dat if u re a theif, ritualist, prostitute, or sell alcohol or work in brewery etc, dn't give offern hia or u wil b cursed, a pastor told a friend d truth yet so many are abusing d pst, nd siting instances, bt wat abt d case of joseph, nobody thought abt it. my own advice, GOD is nt an author of confusn, u frnd cn't produce alcohol dat sends souls 2 hell nd expect 2 go 2 heaven. wen u happen 2 crossover 2 enternity, nd u dn't have opp'nity 2 return, then nd only then u wil undastnd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker / A Nairalander Sent Me N25,000 After Reading My Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.