Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise (28814 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by iHustle336: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
In this Buhari economy?

You best hug that job like its your own soul.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by donj84: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
alex81:

shocked shocked shocked

as long as he doesnt take too much alcohol and does not womanise... carry go my brother , Enjoy ya jab! grin tongue

i did my IT there. der are pastors n evangelists working der for ur info.

Not everybody that is titled a pastor or evangelist thats trully one..have u not heard of some so called pastors that sleep with other people wife or rub..name doesnot represent a person attitude..what the bible say is what is important..so if you get a secretary job worth 150k a point at a kidnaping firm,you would go because you thinking of your family..bros call a spade a spade a spade..if the bible say u shudnt drink alcohol,why then help them to promote it

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
Brainwashing is a strong thing. Who ever coined the name out should be given a platinum plaque. If the guy gives the pastor a car from his salary in that same company. He would gladly collect it.

People should take religion easy else it's gonna break them while their clerics have fun around town

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by shevon: 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.
Make im resign make the pastor dey feed him and im family na.

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.

Tell him I said the pastor is a BIIG FOOooooOoooL.

If I can see that pastor face to face I will beat the crap outta him.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Luckymay(f): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lmao... I can't believe he's even considering what the stupid pastor said. Like seriously a lot of people that practice religion leave their brains at home and make use of pastors brain. Truly, common sense is not common at all. And some here are even telling him to start searching for another job. Maka why nah? Why do we like thinking with our anus? In this buhari era with the rate of unemployment. Seriously I'm so annoyed right now.

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Water9430(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
the funniest thing about this issue is that most people believe that when you work for a Breweries, you automatically turn a drunkard. He is even going to be working in the maintainance department, except after closing hour he doesn't even have a chance to drink that is if he drinks at all. Besides even in the bar there are rules. what if he got a field job as a sales executive, his pastor might ask him to burn his certificate am sure. Ask your friend to invite his pastor to the brewery and he sees what beer is made from, who knows he might even turn an advocate of WE LOVE BEER. cheers

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Modsenemy(f): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrHighSea:
Delete the pastor and quit the church.

People like u are always ungrateful
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by plaetton: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
MKSON:
Its not every open door that's from God. It's not as if the job is bad in itself but you become who you are not after a while. I believe that God would give him another while trusting Him. Don't take something that would kill you. It's a rather difficult step of faith he'd have to take but its worth it

My 2cents

I sense an epidemic of stuuuupidity in this land. undecided

5 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by shreck(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:

Colossians 3:23
Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people

Romans 14:6
who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God
Ask the charlatan pastor to explain those scriptures

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by olaasiwaju: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
My brother instead of you listening to ur pastor, why can't you get closer to God urself by Fasting and Praying with that, God will definitely show you your way, with strong Faith.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ceekak: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
insomnia1234:
Why cant we just read the Bible and understand it. Taking alcohol is not a sin. It is the Abuse that is a sin. Because you are abusing your body. if this is a sin then all doctors examining female patient are committing sin . The purpose of doing something really matters

Seriously friend don't say that, okay let's put it like these, first, do you approve *smoking, or taking of weed as something that's not cool? Am sure you do, how will you grade someone you see smoking ? Won't a little part of your mind say it's not cool?
It's said by people now a days, drink but don't get drunk, like seriously it means I can smoke and also not get high, some even said they can drink five bottles as far as they ain't drunk it's cool ... Like seriously guys what is so in this drinking of a thing that really makes us go gaga, you go out with your friends all they wanna do is drink liquor, like seriously guys, whether you and get drunk or you drink and not get drunk, it's still not cool, lemme tell you, you drink a bottle today, your body system adjust to it , the next day you add up another, still our body system adjust to it, at a point you take like five bottles at a go, your body system keeps adapting to it, you might not get drunk, but y'all know it's bad to your health, whether it's 1percent alcohol, sin is sin. It's just the devil that's putting all these in our various minds, remember the devil himself is also very intelligent , none of us here is as intelligent as he is, so he uses mediums to get the ones he could before Christ comes , Remember, your body is the temple of the lord, you defile it with alcohol you're defiling the lords temple, seriously only if our pastors stop preaching about vain things and speak the truth, the world would have been a lot more better! If that devil that's going about deceiving people is to have the chance to turn and give himself to christ he would have been the most righteous on earth, he knows he can't and that e is doomed forever that's why he devices means and corrupts and make our hearts hardened towards the truth! Christ is coming and he's coming is near, lets turn our ways , what's there just to quit alcohol if that's only what could hinder you from making it, even if you say it's cool, it's condemned by some religions even Islam, and it's not morally accepted, now it's Christianity we are talking about, don't you think Christianity surpasses all these? , just imagine you give birth to a son, and one day he brings a bottle of bear home, sits down and start cancelling bottles, please what will be your first impression

Seriously let's resist the devil and he will flee away from us. Thanks
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by nairaschool01(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
that's why we continue having faking men in nigeria u can't stand to ur own decision na de pastor born u he dey giv u money monthly guy mak de pastor go die

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ayamprecious: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2016
dahmie2013:
I understd d Pastor, but one thing is ur relatnship with God. Dere is a level u get 2 with God, d Bible calls it Strong Meat, where u can discern between good & evil.
If I where in his shoes, I will take the job & 4rm dere begin 2 look 4 anoda if i'm not comfortable. Also, u cannot tell me it's everyone dat works in NB dat drinks & d next questn is how where dey able 2 do dat? By discipline&keeping wise company. Tell ur friend, even in d banks, telecomms, oil & gas, fmcg's & oda coy's dey have ppl dat drink heavily, so how long will he continue 2 run. U can't keep running away 4rm temptatns, but as Christians, we are empowered 2 overcome thru d Word of God. He cannot run all his life, let him take d job.

I agree with you but like you said strong meat for matured xtain

And lets look at it from this
What if the offer is a temptation, remember he will be contributing to the production of alcohol to the detriment of the people God still wants to save.

I say patience is a virtue
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by CioAngels(f): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
Who is this pastor, has he been able to solve his own problem? Please keep your beautiful job and quit the church if you are wish. You have good job already so you don't have to go hunting for another job for now just becos it is an acholol company. Who says most pastors don't drink or smoke in secret?

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ogaprime(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
bestestgirl:
With all due respect, the pastor is very silly
Is the pastor even aware that the Nigerian breweries does not produce only beer?? Abi who doe he think makes the maltina, amstel Malta, fayrouz, hi malt etc.
And even if it's only alcohol, so what
I bet my own salary that the same pastor will collect all the tithes and prophet offerings from this evil job
MtcheEeeeew

madam continue...God knows the person behind this monika, God knows your house. When something happen to the salary and the source, you go say na that old mama for your papa village don upgrade her powers come use am flex on you not knowing na your hand and mouth cause am. Money used to bet is "propabilitically" gone
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by leganssourcing: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
donj84:

Not everybody that is titled a pastor or evangelist thats trully one..have u not heard of some so called pastors that sleep with other people wife or rub..name doesnot represent a person attitude..what the bible say is what is important..so if you get a secretary job worth 150k a point at a kidnaping firm,you would go because you thinking of your family..bros call a spade a spade a spade..if the bible say u shudnt drink alcohol,why then help them to promote it

Please show where it is written not to drink alcohol in the holy book. qoute the way it was written and i will show you more place where it say you should drink alcohol

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Ranchhoddas: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Everyday on Nairaland I read stupid things.

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pastor have this mentality that they are demi-god

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by oglalasioux(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Has that pastor ever cared to know where the bulk of the tithe he enjoys come from? 90% of Nigerians engage in anti social practices in their work places to the glory of God. All he's interested in is alcohol. But he forgot his bible recorded that without alcohol Noah wouldn't have been able to handle the confusion of a desolate world God handed to him.

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by openeye693: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hosea :4 6 and Isaiah 5: 13 says people are destroyed because of ignorance and lack of knowledge. Please ask your pastor to show you the following verses in the bible
Psalm 104: 15 And wine which makes man's heart glad, So that he may make his face glisten with oil, And food which

sustains man's heart. The Bible says that God gave wine to make men glad (Psalm 104:15). Why have some people turned this blessing of God into a curse?

John 2:9-11 [/i] [i]9 When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but

the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom, 10 and said to him, “Every man

serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have

kept the good wine until now.” 11 This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His

glory, and His disciples believed in Him.

1 Timothy 5:23 Stop drinking only water and use a little wine instead, because of your stomach and your frequent

ailments.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by cornel994(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
Wat rubbish...takin a job wud lead him to hell fire angry, if he decides to drop d job will d pastor be payin him monthly? Enuf of all diz pastor diz pastor dat...der r humans too

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Adonkia(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2016
abuayman:
Hmmm, the Pastor is right on this one. Resign
Alcohol is haram shikenan.
Is Malt Haram?
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by undigeh: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2016
Mark 8:36
" For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

The man has no issues with his pastor, rather with his Creator.
This is the question many souls in hell now refused to answer when taking certain decisions while they were alive.

If the man is to die at the end of his life, will he go with the those that depend on him?
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Originalsly: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Advise your friend to keep the job..... and seeing that the pastor is against it.... it would be a sin for him to give tithes or offerings. That portion of his salary he should use for charity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by cornel994(m): 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Luckymay:
Lmao... I can't believe he's even considering what the stupid pastor said. Like seriously a lot of people that practice religion leave their brains at home and make use of pastors brain. Truly, common sense is not common at all. And some here are even telling him to start searching for another job. Maka why nah? Why do we like thinking with our anus? In this buhari era with the rate of unemployment. Seriously I'm so annoyed right now.
#word d pastor is a comedian
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by swituju: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
His leaving d company won't change Nigerian breweries rather it ll put him on d job seekers board.wat is den d need wen it's not in ur power to stop d company.let him explain to his pastor but if he refuses,den d pastor must promise him a bigger job. I wldnt want him to disrespect his spiritual guide.but dis story get as e beoooo
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by joceey(m): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
Let be sincere with ourselves which job glorify GOD this is days? In a world were we are all tempted the pastor could have advice him that he should be careful.Have seen a pastor hold the post of a manager in Bew breweries for years he dies drink alcohol or womanize till he left the job
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Jaybol1234: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
I think the man that got the job should pray about the job very well because the NB job he got might be devil's trap for him because am sure the lord has a better job for him. But he must pray and get clearance from God before he make any move. Good luck
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Missonas(f): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
The man had already accepted and suddenly the pastor says no he is confused. I believe that wherever God takes you to is where u ought to be. Pastors should stop making decisions for people cos if the man refuses he is refusing for the pastor

Modified: I believe that where ever God takes you to is where u ought to be. Our duty is to pray and believe that He sees us through so our purpose will be fulfilled
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by raphieMontella: 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
seriously...religion makes people stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by bonnez(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls tell him ooo. The problem with we Africans is over dependence on religion and spirituality.

dominique:
This is what happens when people can't make independent decisions without involving their cleric. At this point your friend has to decide which is more important. His family's welfare or his pastor's approval. Pastor's approval don't put food on the table or pay school fees o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker / A Nairalander Sent Me N25,000 After Reading My Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.