Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise (28813 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by montezz(f): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lwkmd. I can't stop laughing. Kikikikikikikikiiki.
Some pastors sha. Resign and move in with the pastor's family. He should feed all of you and pay you salaries from the Church offering purse.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
u knw nt everybody dat goes 2 church are christians, many of these pipu propagatn d work of satan here are even choirs nd ushers in their churches, so many are playn religion nd nt living as christains. wen d son of man shall come, shall he find faith?
jireh250:
Hmmm, I couldn't help but smile while reading the numerous comments against the pastor's advice, reminding me of the scripture that says broad is the road that leads to destruction and narrow is the way that leads to salvation. I bet majority against the pastor's advice will curse the day a brewery was built when his/her 18 year old daughter crosses her legs in their sitting room with only one and a half bottle of Star and argues thus:"Daddy/Mummy, see I'm not drunk, in fact I can tell the color of your cloth"
Even in Islamic Accounting/Banking, alcoholic businesses (tagged Haram) are not to be given loans, how much more Christians deliberating on this.
There is the logic that malt drinks are also produced there...I almost fell for it. See, the devil is very subtle...who amongst us here with his/her natural IQ is more intelligent than Eve or the serpent?
If your friend is a true Christian, he should prove God by not taking the job. Or is God wicked not to come sure for him knowing that he "foolishly" rejected the job for His name sake? It's a difficult decision especially with the family factor, but let him prove God. In fact, he should not have applied in the 1st place.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by uzuede4(f): 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
MrHighSea:
Delete the pastor and quit the church.
Well said. You hit it right.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by uzuede4(f): 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
boman2014:
if your friend followed the pastor advice than he is a BIG FOOOL.
Very correct.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.

your friend will be stupid to quit. remember 1 $ is 400 naira
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by uzuede4(f): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
That pastor is a fraud. Tell yuor friend to keep his job. If he rejects the job he cannot provide for his family and he is worse than a perdob without faith. The pastor will remind him that and he will come to nairaland to cry for advice.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Kobicove(m): 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
The most logical thing to do in this circumstance is to keep the job

...Except of course if the pastor will feed him and his family and pay his children's school fees cos schools will soon re-open undecided
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by piagetskinner(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
In the end we are all responsible for our actions....the pastor cannot be held responsible for the man's actions
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by jay7(m): 3:45am On Aug 29, 2016
dahmie2013:
I understd d Pastor, but one thing is ur relatnship with God. Dere is a level u get 2 with God, d Bible calls it Strong Meat, where u can discern between good & evil.
If I where in his shoes, I will take the job & 4rm dere begin 2 look 4 anoda if i'm not comfortable. Also, u cannot tell me it's everyone dat works in NB dat drinks & d next questn is how where dey able 2 do dat? By discipline&keeping wise company. Tell ur friend, even in d banks, telecomms, oil & gas, fmcg's & oda coy's dey have ppl dat drink heavily, so how long will he continue 2 run. U can't keep running away 4rm temptatns, but as Christians, we are empowered 2 overcome thru d Word of God. He cannot run all his life, let him take d job.

Well said he should take the job and continue to pray.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by hurrycane: 7:56am On Aug 29, 2016
well! all dis dat the brother don't have spiritual 2 no d pastor' s secret weather he is working with d spirit of God or wt another spirit dat doesn't drink atall, d pastor just want 2 use him 4 something elase bc how could dat pastor no how many members of church dat belong 2 secret society and is having chart wt dem always! if d gy live d job hshocked do he serve God or humans
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 29, 2016
Diz is a vry wonder-rus advice. I know of a pastor who preaches against alcohol, yet some Sundays he comes to my mom's shop to take 1 or 2 bottle of hero beer.who is deceiving who.plz let ur friend hold down his job.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by MrHighSea: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2016
Modsenemy:

People like u are always ungrateful
Not right at allll. Madam, I dnt do alcohol. This is 21st century, alcohol is legal. Religion should not tell me which legal job i shd use to feed my fam n support my homies. Morning.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Ochoiho: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2016
Strong meat for adults. You can not produce for others what you don't consume. Is your friend truly born-again?. Then he shouldnt have applied for the Job in the first place.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Princewell2012(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
omorttee4u:

I understood you perfectly, but would let you know, our God is not wicked, if he's working with N B , with the aim of being temporary, I believe all his mind will be on another job. More over, working temporary with big big company would help him get another big job.

Faith can be shaken in all way, not until you work with certain company. If God want to test your faith this way. Go for it and prove the devil you are fully stand with God and never get carried away.

Hmm that's ok.

But do you know it is not proper to pray or conduct a deliverance prayer to a possessed girl alone in a room nomather how highly place or anointed you re?

This singular act has brought so many mighty men of God down the drain.

Ps. The only way to avoid sin is to flee from sin.

The devil will always come to you in your area of weakness. And remember we all have our weakness.

Anointing differs. Am sure that pastor knows that he will surely get another one, that is if this so call pastor was not talking out of jealousy.

God bless you
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ogaprime(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
bestestgirl:
what on earth are you talking about?

Don't worry, when it starts happening, you will understand what on earth I am talking about...
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by freemanjay: 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Recruitment 2016---http://gisttrack.com.ng/nigerian-railway-corporation-nrc-recruitment-2016/
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by kalid01(m): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
A newly Industry in ibadan dealing with provision of human care resources with distribution and marketing of international products they are urgently needed a qualified human relationship officer and staffs in their various department and skilled workers also in their company, interested candidates should send their details name, location qualification, sex, age & phone no to this number attached .08145016707

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker / A Nairalander Sent Me N25,000 After Reading My Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.