Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise (28799 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Elnino4ladies: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Religion is causing whole lot of problem
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by leganssourcing: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please him to show you where bible condemn alcohol. Drinking of beer or alcohol is not a sin

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by dadaha: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by GoldCircle: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
utterly senseless! my people 'emacipate yourselves from mental & religious slavery'.

Africa! oh Africa! when will thou be free?

4 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by agabaI23(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.
Please OP can I speak with the guy? Please biko. If he is on NL let him pm. He needs to make his own decision. He can leave the job or stay but it has to be out of his own conviction. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
your friend or u....whoever it is , is an im.becide for having even thought about quitting the job

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Owliver(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
This country is finished. idiots everywhere.
lmao

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by felix55(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
How many times did ur pastor help u in times of money and how many times did he secure job for u to help ur family? sit there ok and be depending on him ur pastor cos u believe he will put food on ur table. don't go there and start drinking or womanize ok...jst do ur job and collect ur salary feed ur family.... pastor them dey work and chop ooo tru tight...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ednut1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
Jesus wept

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Miles300: 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
He should better take d job with d way nigeria is ..

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by insomnia1234: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why cant we just read the Bible and understand it. Taking alcohol is not a sin. It is the Abuse that is a sin. Because you are abusing your body. if this is a sin then all doctors examining female patient are committing sin . The purpose of doing something really matters

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by peedeeasobie(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
MKSON:
Its not every open door that's from God. It's not as if the job is bad in itself but you become who you are not after a while. I believe that God would give him another while trusting Him. Don't take something that would kill you. It's a rather difficult step of faith he'd have to take but its worth it

My 2cents

That is not any step of faith...
We should not work in higher institutions because of randy lecturers or immoral girls!

We shouldn't work in banks because of people who steal other people's money?

Or in hospitals because of those who do abortion?

Who did this to Africans?

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by kinibigdeal(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
That your friend my be an APC supporter
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by ceekak: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
Seriously guys, the use of foul words on this platform is so not cool, everyone is just insulting and passing insults on the man of God, for Christ sake this guy needs advice, all you guys do is throw abuses. You don't have to comment in all Topics, if you know you can't come up with something reasonable, why not just save your time and don't comment! Haba guys
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Larryfest(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
There is no need for much talk here na let him obey the man god and quit the job atleast the pastor can provide for him and his family... Don't know some people's problem sef,all der matter dem go carry go give pastor like the pastor isn't human like them too.. Rubbish
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Fanatical(m): 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
Does the pastor ask his members the source of their tithe?
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by joyspringacad(m): 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
The pastor is right. The job may be lucrative but if you are a serious minded Christian and heaven conscious, the you need to obey your pastor, resign and put God to test. Working in such an environment will gradually and with time lure you away from God. Also how can you be preaching to the lost souls when you're actually engineering their means of destruction

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Ajusshi: 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
dahmie2013:
I understd d Pastor, but one thing is ur relatnship with God. Dere is a level u get 2 with God, d Bible calls it Strong Meat, where u can discern between good & evil.
If I where in his shoes, I will take the job & 4rm dere begin 2 look 4 anoda if i'm not comfortable. Also, u cannot tell me it's everyone dat works in NB dat drinks & d next questn is how where dey able 2 do dat? By discipline&keeping wise company. Tell ur friend, even in d banks, telecomms, oil & gas, fmcg's & oda coy's dey have ppl dat drink heavily, so how long will he continue 2 run. U can't keep running away 4rm temptatns, but as Christians, we are empowered 2 overcome thru d Word of God. He cannot run all his life, let him take d job.
Take the job u say? Dude you and the fellow are not yet true Christians. A true Christian will reject the job outrightly... Rejecting the job won't be the end of the world for him. Infact, it could be a turning point in his life by making him to look inwards..

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by icekwuin(f): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Is it the pastor that gave you the job or it's God?
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Fawklicant: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.

Your friend is a compound fool with compound interest to even contemplate the pastors words. Please let him quit the job ASAP so that someone more deserving will take up the job offer. Iranu!

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by vislabraye(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:

What will the pastor say if British American Tobacco were to employ him ? . Tel him to take the job jare. Does tne padtor drink malt ? How does he think malt drinks are prepared ?

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by augustineokoro(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
DonCortino:

Stories like this irk me completely! angry

Tell the fool to obey his demi-god of a pastor! Rubbish!
ma guy e be like say u dey vex wella. biko just advise am
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by davibid: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
Looking for what to say to confused pastor

embarassed

Resign my a**

As for the guy, In case you finally decided to resign please let me know because I know a lot of people who needs it..

embarassed

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by litaninja(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Another foo.lish religious nut....
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by dilini(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
I guess the above comments are in support of your friend taking up the job but one more thing...

Jesus himself didnot say money is evil but he said the love of money is what is not right. He went on to say that we should make friends with the "unrighteous mammon" so that in times of need the mammon will help lift us back up. So my own advice is He should stay on the job and work for awhile. After he might have gained enough experience he can the seek for other opportunies elsewhere and use NIGERIA BREWERIES as a good cognate experience for reference purposes in his CV.

My 2cents sha...
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please listen to me. Tell your friend not to quit his job. He is there to do a job to feed his family and not to commit sin. There is no where in the Bible where is written alcohol intake is a sin. The Bible says don't be drunk with wine wherein in excess but be filled with the Holy Ghost. The says in excess, didn't says is a sin.
Many people do not know that many of the things that we take has alcohol in them. Everything God created is good and is for a purpose.

Please those holier than thou people, I will not have time reply you if you copy me.

3 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by plaetton: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:

Omg!! shocked
Wonders shall never cease to happen in this land of Moronica.

If your friend has a fxxing brain, he had better give the middle finger to the idiot pastor, and take that job.

Why do adult human beings surrender their minds to fraudsters in the name of religion ?

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Marvinspeed(m): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
Know GOD for yourself.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Jennifer89(f): 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lol @ 'such job opportunity does not glorified God
and that it will lead him to hell fire'. mtchewwwwwww If your friend likes let him not make use of his brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / Court Declines Jurisdiction On Case Of Female Army Officer Who Married Foreigner / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.