Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

24 Hours As A Non Believer. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 24 Hours As A Non Believer. (2976 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / How A Believer Can Kill The Flesh Because The Flesh Can Make A Christian Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by simplex2: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Exactly !! grin Lazy Atheist.

You are welcome.

Go find yourself an atheist to indulge you...
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
blacksahara:

I read ur comment bout me writing like a female. It did crack a smile. But I'm a bro.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by wirinet(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I think you have no understanding of what compassion is. Let me help you

compassion
kəmˈpaʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: compassion; plural noun: compassions

sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.[size]
"the victims should be treated with compassion"
synonyms: pity, sympathy, feeling, fellow feeling, empathy, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercy, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, tolerance, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence

"she gazed with compassion at the two dejected figures"
antonyms: indifference, heartlessness

I hope you took note of the magnified parts.

For someone to cry for another it shows any of the magnified words in my quote. Even if you cry for an enemy it shows the same thing. You can only cry for people whom you care about even when you do not know them personally but you identify with their situation.

Go back to school and stop showing anonymous intelligence here on Nairaland.

I don't know whether you are being deliberately dishonest or you have comprehension difficulty. Where is crying in the definition of compassion you pasted above. People cry for all sorts of reasons, some cry for joy, some cry for spiritual experience, some even cry for no reason ( remind me of my 5 year old, he cries just to get attention).
The definition of compassion is;
sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others. No where did it state that crying means compassion.
So explain to us the sufferings and misfortune of the OP that warrants the said Lady to be crying because of compassion.

It is not only people you care for you cry for, I have seen people cry for people they hate after they die. Go to funerals, you will even see people that hate the deceased crying louder than others.

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
wirinet:

I don't know whether you are being deliberately dishonest or you have comprehension difficulty. Where is crying in the definition of compassion you pasted above. People cry for all sorts of reasons, some cry for joy, some cry for spiritual experience, some even cry for no reason ( remind me of my 5 year old, he cries just to get attention).
The definition of compassion is;
sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others. No where did it state that crying means compassion.
So explain to the the sufferings and misfortune of the OP that warrants the said Lady to be crying because of compassion.

It is not only people you care for you cry for, I have seen people cry for people they hate after they die. Go to funeral, you will even see people that hate the deceased crying louder than others.

Dishonesty here is coming from you. Did you not read where the OP said HE CALLED HIS FRIEND WHO OFTEN COUNSELS HIM? In that context are they enemies?

Her tears were for a friend she cares about and this emanated via compassion. You really need to stop being dishonest. Plus you conveniently used words that would support your argument. I on the other hand gave you a detailed definition of compassion and these are the words you conveniently left out

synonyms: pity, sympathy, feeling, fellow feeling, empathy, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercy, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, tolerance, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence

Now go back to the OP and read his post and get yourself updated. Dishonesty is a terrible vice for you to have.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by hahn(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God does not regret and he exhorted us to help one another - feed the poor , cloth to unclad etc . Instead of mocking God with a picture of those two why don't you obey his command and alleviate their indigence smiley

You mean I am supposed to clean up it's mess? undecided

I don't need you to remind me tongue
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2016
but you just have to trust

blacksahara
I believe this sums it up. Most of the honest and quite intellectual theists I know Gerard Schroeder, John Lennox, Abu Nazir; always state it between the lines; about the essence of trust.

Even the now "trending" topic on NL; the atheism to jesus own; made mention of him "trusting". That is; using his emotion inside of the facts he knows.

Now this is not bad in any way. Different strokes for different folks. If you feel christianity gives you happiness and answers the problems of your life; if you feel christianity gives you a nudge, a push when life gets hard; that having confidence in a deity that may or may not exist makes you happy; then

Good for you.

As long as you are able to live your life in a way that guarantees maximum happiness with no harm to anyone and to yourself, then, as the Pope once remarked

"Who am I to judge gays you"

Just don't go looking for crazy miracles tho. Experience shows you will be very disappointed.

On a side note; when you begged God to reveal himself, did he do so

grin
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by winner01(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2016
hahn:

Is it just your god or the 4,200 gods also existing? undecided
The God that gives you sleepless nights.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by hahn(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
The God that gives you sleepless nights.

That will be NONE grin
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
SirWere:

blacksahara
I believe this sums it up. Most of the honest and quite intellectual theists I know Gerard Schroeder, John Lennox, Abu Nazir; always state it between the lines; about the essence of trust.

Even the now "trending" topic on NL; the atheism to jesus own; made mention of him "trusting". That is; using his emotion inside of the facts he knows.

Now this is not bad in any way. Different strokes for different folks. If you feel christianity gives you happiness and answers the problems of your life; if you feel christianity gives you a nudge, a push when life gets hard; that having confidence in a deity that may or may not exist makes you happy; then

Good for you.

As long as you are able to live your life in a way that guarantees maximum happiness with no harm to anyone and to yourself, then, as the Pope once remarked

"Who am I to judge gays you"

Just don't go looking for crazy miracles tho. Experience shows you will be very disappointed.

On a side note; when you begged God to reveal himself, did he do so

grin
U may not understand this but it's what I believe.

He did by not doing.

But like u rightly said we should do what is right by us and that doesn't affect others negatively.

Thanks for ur words.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
blacksahara:

U may not understand this but it's what I believe.

He did by not doing.

But like u rightly said we should do what is right by us and that doesn't affect others negatively.

Thanks for ur words.
how do you mean @the bolded?? Can you explain further, if you will
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by blacksahara: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2016
SirWere:

how do you mean @the bolded?? Can you explain further, if you will
What I've realised is that God doesn't have to prove himself to me in a physical manner, because He is not human.

But like I said I'm working on dropping some of my logic and picking up some more faith.
Re: 24 Hours As A Non Believer. by sonofthunder: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
Glory to Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COZA 12 Days Of Glory 2017 / Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.