Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? (2965 Views)

“god Does Not Love Everybody” – Bishop Oyedepo Reveals Bible Verse / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / Should Christians Really Engage In Dating?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2019
Are Christians really commanded to love everybody in this world?

Today, we see the ungodly people sometimes quote the Bible to try to force Christians to love and accept the lifestyle of the wicked e.g homosexuals, pedophiles, prostitutes, Yahoo boys, transgenders etc. The sad part is that Christians who don't study their Bible and have no knowledge of the verses these ungodly people quote usually get led away in the error of the wicked

One of the scriptures they quote to try to prevent Christians from judging the lifestyle of the wicked is seen below.

John 13:34-35 (KJV)
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

When a Christian is irritated by the lifestyle of a homosexuality, the ungodly and ignorant people try to silence him by saying he ought to love the homosexual because Jesus said we should love one another.

This is a clear misunderstanding of scripture. Jesus never said we should love EVERYBODY. He only said we should love ONE ANOTHER, and he even defined the one another in verse 35 as his disciples aka Christians. He said we should have love one to another. He never said I should love a rapist, because I'm not a fellow rapist. He never said I should love a homosexual, because I'm not a fellow homosexual. He only said I should love a Christian because I'm a fellow Christian, his disciple. Love is not a new commandment. It's been there since the Old Testament. But since Christianity was a new thing, Jesus told them to love one another as a new commandment. That's why he began the verse by saying "a new commandment I give unto you".

But today, even those who hate God and are open about it will try to twist the above Scriptures to say Christians ought to love EVERYBODY. When Nollywood was criticized for featuring confused Bobrisky in a movie, many actresses tried to caution every voice against the move by saying we ought to love everybody. No, because my Bible tells me those whom I'm supposed to love and those whom I'm to hate.

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

As seen above, in this world today, we have the children of God and also the children of the devil. If you are not a child of God, it means you are not righteous and that you are a child of the devil. This also means you are not my brother and so should not expect love from me. We are not children of the same father, that's why you do not love me too, despite paying lips service to your saying "we have to love everybody".

Some might be quick to say "What about when Jesus said 'love thy neighbor as thyself'?" Yes, Christians are to love each other, but we do have children of the devil and ungodly people as our neighbors.

Do you really want to know how we ought to love such neighbors as ourselves?

Jesus Christ said we should do onto others what we want others to do onto us. If I see my neighbor's goat going astray, I'm to help him bring it back, whether he's a child of God or not. I'm to do so if I want someone else to do the same for me when my goat goes astray. If I see my neighbor doing wrong, I'm to correct him and show him his faults in a righteous way. That is exactly what I would want someone to do to mean when I'm going astray. Read the passage below.

Leviticus 19:17-18 (KJV)
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the L ORD.

The bold part in verse 18 says we should love our neighbor as ourselves. Verse 17 shows us how to love our neighbor. It says we should rebuke him so that sin would not fall upon him. This means when we see him doing wrong, we should warn him about the dangers of it. Same way we would love to be warned when we are doing something wrong. The passage doesn't say we should accept and encourage the sinful lifestyle of our neighbor. It says we should rebuke him for it. That is how to love our neighbor.

So brethren, be careful when the wicked quote scriptures to try to make you accept evil lifestyle. Always know that they don't even believe in Jesus and they hate his Father God. So what makes you believe they quoted those scriptures rightly?
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 02, 2019
You make some sense here even though it doesn't change the fact that you're still a hypocrite.

Well everyone seems to be called a hypocrite these days, Lol!

It depends on who's doing the calling but bottomline love your neighbors as yourself by telling the truth as Jesus did even if they would hate you, persecute you or even kill you for it.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2019
jesusjnr:
You make some sense here even though it doesn't change the fact that you're still a hypocrite.

Well everyone seems to be called a hypocrite these days, Lol!

It depends on who's doing the calling but bottomline love your neighbors as yourself by telling the truth as Jesus did even if they would hate you, persecute you or even kill you for it.

What's this one saying?

You have no point to back up your calling me a hypocrite. All you just want to do is throw in a little dent on the message as a Satanic agent that you are.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Uyi168: 8:00am On Jun 02, 2019
The last people to expect love from are the Christians..
They don't even love themselves...
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 8:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Uyi168:

Any one who doesn't love Christians is not a Christian but a pretender.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by missimelda01(f): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2019
God is love, the moment you accept him as your lord and saviour you've a embraced the nature of love. Who is your neighbor? Did the Bible mention who your neighbor should be? The love in you refuses to see the bad in another person, instead it teaches you to see God's nature in that bad person. This takes away the word hate from the story, when you hate someone it means you're perfect enough to pass judgement to the person. Love is love! And my neighbor could be anybody.

Let's stop trying to turn the Bible upside down please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2019
missimelda01:
God is love, the moment you accept him as your lord and saviour you've a embraced the nature of love. Who is your neighbor? Did the Bible mention who your neighbor should be? The love in you refuses to see the bad in another person, instead it teaches you to see God's nature in that bad person. This takes away the word hate from the story, when you hate someone it means you're perfect enough to pass judgement to the person. Love is love! And my neighbor could be anybody.

Let's stop trying to turn the Bible upside down please.

This is what I hate: When someone makes claims without backing them up with verses. They basically override God's word with their own opinion.

God's nature is not in everybody. It only resides in his children. This is contrary to your claim that God's nature is in a bad person. Today, we have the children of God and the children of the devil.

Are you trying to tell me that the children of the devil also have the nature of God in them?

We Christians are not to take away hate from our lives. We are to hate to who hate God. David hated those who hated God in his time, and he was a man after God's heart.

Psalm 139:21-22 (KJV)
Do not I hate them, O L ORD , that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Even God doesn't love the world anymore. John 3:16 says for God so loved the world... Take note of the past tense LOVED.

To love everybody as a Christian is to condone evil. A true Christian is to shun evil and rebuke evil doers, not pat them on the back.

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by malvisguy212: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Uyi168:
Christians are people who considered themselves such moral failures that they have come to Jesus for help and forgiveness. Making it spiritually depends not on how popular or nice we are, but how much we want God to rule our life and change us.

Jesus chose his twelve disciples and loved them unreservedly, knowing that one of his supposedly closest friends, Judas, was such a hypocrite that he would arrange Jesus' murder. The presence of the ultimate hypocrite in the midst of that inner circle
has not prevented millions of people throughout the ages from becoming devoted Christians . Moreover, the leading disciple ,Peter was also a hypocrite. He vowed he would remain true to Jesus no matter what,
and within hours he swore he didn't know Jesus. Years later the apostle Paul accused Peter to his face of further hypocrisy (Galatians 2:11-14).
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by missimelda01(f): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2019
God created us in his image and likeness, I don't know where the 'children of the devil is coming' from. Anyways what do you have to say about Paul who was formally Saul? He persecuted Christians before things changed.
Nothing you say today would justify the reason to Hate, by the way it takes too much energy to hate.

About john 3:16, what did you expect? Jesus died for our sins a long time ago (decades ago), he settled out past, present and future debt. It is only reasonable to use the word loved there, or is English the problem now?
alBHAGDADI:

This is what I hate: When someone makes claims without backing them up with verses. They basically override God's word with their own opinion.

God's nature is not in everybody. It only resides in his children. This is contrary to your claim that God's nature is in a bad person. Today, we have the children of God and the children of the devil.

Are you trying to tell me that the children of the devil also have the nature of God in them?

We Christians are not to take away hate from our lives. We are to hate to who hate God. David hated those who hated God in his time, and he was a man after God's heart.

Psalm 139:21-22 (KJV)
Do not I hate them, O L ORD , that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Even God doesn't love the world anymore. John 3:16 says for God so loved the world... Take note of the past tense LOVED.

To love everybody as a Christian is to condone evil. A true Christian is to shun evil and rebuke evil doers, not pat them on the back.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2019
missimelda01:
God created us in his image and likeness, I don't know where the 'children of the devil is coming' from. Anyways what do you have to say about Paul who was formally Saul? He persecuted Christians before things changed.
Nothing you say today would justify the reason to Hate, by the way it takes too much energy to hate.

God created us in his image and likeness, but we lost that nature of God when Adam sinned. However, all those who have believed in Jesus have gotten that nature back. They now have God's spirit in them. Anyone who is not a disciple of Jesus does not have God's nature which is God's spirit which is the Holy Spirit.

I don't think you have any point with Paul. If you do, make it clear.

Since you don't want to waste energy hating sin, then go ahead and wallow in it.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Oshin56(m): 9:23am On Jun 02, 2019
Op before you can say that, do Christians needs to love people of the world, do Christians that are preaching love, love each other's. There's nothing like love in Nigerian Christian they are just an hypocrisy
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2019
"Love only your fellow xtian"
Clap for Jesus
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2019
Oshin56:
Op before you can say that, do Christians needs to love people of the world, do Christians that are preaching love, love each other's. There's nothing like love in Nigerian Christian they are just an hypocrisy

Let their God be their judge, not you.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2019
cc lalasticlala
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by OkCornel(m): 11:35am On Jun 02, 2019
Well... Jesus still loved the thief that hung beside him on the cross... But of course would never approve of his thieving lifestyle...

Likewise, Jesus loved the prostitute who was accused and about to be stoned to death by certain self righteous Pharisees... But of course He never approved of her sinful lifestyle...hence, Jesus said to her "go and sin no more"...
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 11:46am On Jun 02, 2019
OkCornel:
Well... Jesus still loved the thief that hung beside him on the cross... But of course would never approve of his thieving lifestyle...

Likewise, Jesus loved the prostitute who was accused and about to be stoned to death by certain self righteous Pharisees... But of course He never approved of her sinful lifestyle...hence, Jesus said to her "go and sin no more"...

Yes, that was because God was still in love with the world. But the moment Jesus died and resurrected, he stopped loving the world. He has shown his love by giving his Son. The thief and the prostitute still had the opportunity to be loved by Jesus because God's love was still with mankind. This doesn't mean Jesus still loves such people today or everybody. Otherwise it will make no sense knowing he is coming back to destroy the unbelievers. If you try to twist it that Jesus loves everybody, then aren't those unbelievers to be destroyed also part of the everybody? Does it make sense to say Jesus loves his enemies?

Even the thief and the adulterous woman, they were sorry for their wrongs. But today's evil people are not sorry at all. They want to be left alone and loved the way they are.

We Christians are to be like Jesus and the Godly men of the Bible who hated those who hated God. David hated those who hated God, that's why he killed Goliath for mocking God's army. We are to rebuke evil people like Lot rebuked Sodom and Gomorrah.

As usual, your aim is to put a dent on the message, not uphold it. But you failed.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by OkCornel(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, that was because God was still in love with the world. But the moment Jesus died and resurrected, he stopped loving the world. He has shown his love by giving his Son. The thief and the prostitute still had the opportunity to be loved by Jesus because God's love was still with mankind. This doesn't mean Jesus still loves such people today or everybody. Otherwise it will make no sense knowing he is coming back to destroy the unbelievers. If you try to twist it that Jesus loves everybody, then aren't those unbelievers to be destroyed also part of the everybody? Does it make sense to say Jesus loves his enemies?

Even the thief and the adulterous woman, they were sorry for their wrongs. But today's evil people are not sorry at all. They want to be left alone and loved the way they are.

We Christians are to be like Jesus and the Godly men of the Bible who hated those who hated God. David hated those who hated God, that's why he killed Goliath for mocking God's army. We are to rebuke evil people like Lot rebuked Sodom and Gomorrah.

As usual, your aim is to out a dent on the message, not uphold it.

How and where did I put a dent on the message?

Or is your message implying Christians should hate people for their kind of lifestyle?

If Stephen did not love those that stoned him to death... Would he have prayed that God should not count it as a sin against them?

Or if Jesus didn't love those who crucified him, would he have said "Father, forgive then for they know not what they're doing?"
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2019
OkCornel:

How and where did I put a dent on the message?

Or is your message implying Christians should hate people for their kind of lifestyle?

If Stephen did not love those that stoned him to death... Would he have prayed that God should not count it as a sin against them?

Or if Jesus didn't love those who crucified him, would he have said "Father, forgive then for they know not what they're doing?"

Those people who killed Jesus and Stephen did it out of ignorance. They were not really haters of God. As a matter of fact, they thought they were doing God a service. That's why Jesus said God should forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

Remember Ananias and Saphira who died before Peter. According to you, Peter should have forgiven them. No, he couldn't because they knew what they were doing and so deserved it.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by OkCornel(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Those people who killed Jesus and Stephen did it out of ignorance. They were not really haters of God. As a matter of fact, they thought they were doing God a service. That's why Jesus said God should forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

Remember Ananias and Saphira who died before Peter. According to you, Peter should have forgiven them. No, he couldn't because they knew what they were doing and so deserved it.

When I keep saying you are eager to put words into people's mouth just to win an argument,

You brought up the case of Ananias and Saphira...and you're shamelessly accusing me that Peter should have forgiven them.

Please show us where Peter hated them...

Peter telling them the naked truth, does it mean that Peter hated them or approved of their lying?

Guy, get my point clearly before replying. Nowhere were Christians instructed to be conditional in loving people...talk less of hating them...

Love the person, hate/shun the sinful lifestyle.

Do you even hate yourself for the secret sins you might be struggling with? Or perhaps, someone wants to tell us he his so perfect without sin...
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
OkCornel:

When I keep saying you are eager to put words into people's mouth just to win an argument,

You brought up the case of Ananias and Saphira...and you're shamelessly accusing me that Peter should have forgiven them.

Please show us where Peter hated them...

Peter telling them the naked truth, does it mean that Peter hated them or approved of their lying?

Guy, get my point clearly before replying. Nowhere were Christians instructed to be conditional in loving people...talk less of hating them...

I don't have to out words into your mouth before I expose where your stance is headed. That's why I quoted the Ananaias story.

Peter spoke truth against lies. It simply means Peter loved truth and hated lies. Most times, lack of the Holy Spirit doesn't allow you see deep things. You only scratch the surface.

@bold

Christians are to told to love conditionally. Below is Jesus giving us a new commandment saying we are to love one another. He never said we are to love EVERYBODY.

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:13-17 (KJV)
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

We are to love our brothers who are fellow disciples. But when I tell you that you have gone against Christ's word by saying he never said we should love conditionally, you will say I have out words in your mouth. Here is Jesus saying we should love only his followers and not EVERYBODY. I bet you can't show me where Jesus said we should love everybody. Buy you keep standing on that point. You sometimes don't know the implication of what you say. Show me where Jesus or the disciples said we should love everybody.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Oshin56(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Let their God be their judge, not you.
don't let God judge them and secondly I'm not judging it's just an observation
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
God still love the people, Christians should love all people but hate worldly values.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
solite3:
God still love the people, Christians should love all people but hate worldly values.

No bro.

For God so loved...

Past tense.

Not anymore. That's why he's coming to destroy them.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by OkCornel(m): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I don't have to out words into your mouth before I expose where your stance is headed. That's why I quoted the Ananaias story.

Peter spoke truth against lies. It simply means Peter loved truth and hated lies. Most times, lack of the Holy Spirit doesn't allow you see deep things. You only scratch the surface.

@bold

Christians are to told to love conditionally. Below is Jesus giving us a new commandment saying we are to love one another. He never said we are to love EVERYBODY.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

We are to love our brothers who are fellow disciples. But when I tell you that you have gone against Christ's word by saying he never said we should love conditionally, you will say I have out words in your mouth. Here is Jesus saying we should love only his followers and not EVERYBODY. I bet you can't show me where Jesus said we should love everybody. Buy you keep standing on that point. You sometimes don't know the implication of what you say. Show me where Jesus or the disciples said we should love everybody.

So in other words, with the example of Ananias and Saphira you pointed out. Peter did not love them abi?

Per the bolded part of your quote, perhaps you were blind when I mentioned on my first post on this thread how Jesus loved the sinners (i.e. the thief and the prostitute as examples) but hated and disapproved of their lifestyle?

Besides, what do you make of the words of Jesus in Matthew 5 v 43-46;

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

alBHAGDADI were these verses deleted from your bible?
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI what is Love?

How do you show love to your fellow brother/sister in Christ?

What is the difference between "Love your neighbor" and the "love you show towards your fellow brethrens"?

Thanks.
God bless.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
Agrogbeide:
alBHAGDADI what is Love?

How do you show love to your fellow brother/sister in Christ?

What is the difference between "Love your neighbor" and the "love you show towards your fellow brethrens"?

Thanks.
God bless.

Remember Paul said when Christians have issues between themselves, it is best they meet elders in the church to settle it instead of dragging each other to court where an unrighteous person will judge them.

But if it's a Christian and an unbeliever, the Christian can drag him to court to seek Justice.

That's a clear difference. If you drag your fellow Christian to court, he might get sentenced to jail or face a punishment you might later not be proud of. But when elders judge, they settle it and you are recompensed.

The Good Samaritan loved the man who was beaten by robbers. He helped him same way he would love to be helped if he ever finds himself in such a situation.

When you have an homosexual neighbor, you love him by rebuking his lifestyle same way you would love to be rebuked if you ever fall into such lifestyle.

Now, how are Christians to love one another? The love they ought to have for one another is the type that can make them give their life for the other

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Jesus gave his life for us to show us love and has also commaded us to love one another in the same manner.

John 13:34(KJV)

So, that's how we Christians ought to love one another just as Christ loved us.

But when it comes to loving outsiders, it has to do with pointing then towards the right direction which is towards Christ and also the kind of help which we would expect to be rendered to us.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
OkCornel:

So in other words, with the example of Ananias and Saphira you pointed out. Peter did not love them abi?

Besides, what do you make of the words of Jesus in Matthew 5 v 43-46;

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

He said we should love our enemies, not his own enemies who are the children of the devil. Telling us to love everybody is the same as telling us to also love Satan.

Please understand doctrines before quoting verses. Let me show you the implication of what you just stated. grin

Since you say we should love our enemies, then what you have implied is that...

***David went against God by killing Goliath an enemy of God whom he suppose to love**

The above is where your line of thought leads to. So next time, don't quote verses if you can't see where they are going to lead you to, cos I'm always going to point you to the direction.

David and Saul were enemies. David had the chance to kill Saul but he didn't because it would have been wrong and he recognized it. He showed him love by sparing his life. Had it been Saul was God's enemy like Goliath and the philistines, then it would have been fair game to kill him. But he was not, just a disobedient king.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Now, how are Christians to love one another? The love they ought to have for one another is the type that can make them give their life for the other
Can you explain further on this?
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by power50: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
Do you own a church? List your church on Nigerian church directory https://www.naijachurches.com.ng/
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
Agrogbeide:

Can you explain further on this?

If you are a military commander and some Islamist officers are trying to expose the hideout of Christians to Boko Haram terrorists, would you as a Christian give up their hideout knowing fully well that they will be all killed? Even at gunpoint you should never give them up.
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by OkCornel(m): 5:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

He said we should love our enemies, not his own enemies who are the children of the devil. Telling us to love everybody is the same as telling us to also love Satan.

Please understand doctrines before quoting verses. Let me show you the implication of what you just stated. grin

***David was against God for killing Goliath an enemy of God**

The above is where your line of thought leads to. So next time, don't quote verses if you can't see where they are going to lead you to.

Oh my...so David was a Christian?

Infact, the Israelites that killed the Canaanites en-masse, they were Christians too?

When you're told to study the scriptures in perspective... you won't spill this rubbish you just quoted here.

Prior to when Jesus gave the commandment to Love our enemies, He addressed a prevalent mindset that was popular for many centuries prior to that moment He gave that commandment...

Read Matthew 5 v 43 let in sink into your head first.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

And after that, Jesus said we should love both our enemies and neighbors in Matthew 5 v 44;
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

Let me ask you something...if your enemy happens to be an atheist, will you love him as Jesus instructed? Yes or No
Re: Are Christians Really Commanded To Love Everybody In This World? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If you are a military commander and some Islamist officers are trying to expose the hideout of Christians to Boko Haram terrorists, would you as a Christian give up their hideout knowing fully well that they will be all killed? Even at gunpoint you should never give them up.
is it good to expose their hideout even when they are strong unbelievers?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easter In Nigeria / Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds / How GOD Will Handle The Two Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.