Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,967 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

New Design For Nairaland Home Page - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Design For Nairaland Home Page (4974 Views)

Nairaland's Home Of Quotes. / Nairaland Home And Abroad Conference / Nairaland Home Page: What Do You Think About This Prototype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
abeg leave us with d old page,we its like comparing 12 to dozen.Webmasters in d house do something
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by ufot(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2009
let the current page be!!!!!
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by DeepSight(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
Its a nice idea, but a bit too cluttered and loud something neater and softer, more spaced out.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by chosen04(f): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2009
I left FACEBOOK to face my books until someone introduced me to Nairaland. Seun, wants to now force me to leave nairaland to the land full of naira if he changes the home page.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by webgenius(m): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2009
I prefer the old one
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by SeXyBoNE: 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
i prefer this new one
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
Too many big buttons staring at you in the face. You could do better.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by McDoe(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
This one is far better. It is brighter, more visible and the spread out is very ok. People are opposed to it just because they are already used to the old one. But we should be ready for change at all times because it is the only thing that is constant. Seun, please implement[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]!
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by MUNEER2(m): 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
Deep Sight:

Its a nice idea, but a bit too cluttered and loud something neater and softer, more spaced out.

That's simply the fact grin!!!!!

Ije004:

Too many big buttons staring at you in the face. You could do better.

At least, some good words of encouragement, haba grin
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by freezy(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2009
Methinks the colors are kinda harsh. You mite wanna tone down on it a lil'. . .
Too many buttons. The new one is not appealing to the eyes (Not like the old one does)
But of two evils  grin grin I'll go for the older one.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by goggs(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hey Keep the old site. its clean lines, soft colours and basic arrangement is ideal. The less the clutter the better. By the way is that why Nairaland site loads the fastest on my system after Google? Just asking.

@ Seun, pls dont change it.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Okaakoko(m): 8:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
If some features can be added to this currnet page like PM and others, its preferable.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by olelle: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2009
Seun, go for the change. The colour can be changed. The layout is ok. I suggest you add another category or main heading like Social issues or Science or academics or something like that. Politics, education, family, culture etc can come under that heading. Romance, autos etc, can remain where it is.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by MissyB1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
This is BEAUTIFUL!!! kiss kiss
I prefer it to the current one.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by oge4real(f): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
The old one is better.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Epi: 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
The new design is much better except the font for the sub-folders is too bright/bold (hurt eyes). 
Yup, the new design is better, easy to read, easy to follow and easy to understand. Thumbs waay up.  Pat the designer on his/her back for me.  Tell him/her "A job well done"  grin grin grin

Change of mind

Hmm, wait a minute. After viewing the entire page, the font is fine. I like the way it is. It's definitely better than the old one
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by kliffo(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
The current home page is better.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by jingoma(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
Seun,
Dont forget who your audience is, Nigerians!!. Most of them do not believe in change or progress, so most of them will probably say keep it the same which is indicative of the state of our country , STAGNANT. In most civilized nations change is often welcomed as it brings about progress.
A common saying in the western world is that the true definition of INSANITY[/b] is, "Doing the same thing everyday yet expecting different results".
My Advice:  TRY SOMETHING NEW!
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by gilroy(m): 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hi there,
I am newbie here. Its a good one i prefer new one.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by koolchicco: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
gilroy:

Hi there,
I am newbie here. Its a good one i prefer new one.

Welcome Newbie!
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by tayoast(m): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2009
The colourine too much abeg but d arrangement makes sense

Lets retain d modesty in d current design.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by gilroy(m): 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2009
@koolchicco Thanks for welcome me in forum. Its really good place to share and get knowledge.

Thanks.
Gilroy Fernanadez
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by remoranger(m): 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2009
I think it SUCKS

why cant forums look like this

http://www.christiannigeria.com
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by semid4lyfe(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hmmm, I just viewed the new homepage on pc & on mobile and IMO, the old homepage is better.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Aare1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
McDoe:

This one is far better. It is brighter, more visible and the spread out is very ok. People are opposed to it just because they are already used to the old one. But we should be ready for change at all times because it is the only thing that is constant. Seun, please implement[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]!

Seun make dem no deceive you its obviously cluttered and most importantly not appealing to the eyez , i think you should start by adding the new apps into the current set-up and then change the whole package when you have something more fanimorous. There is no doubt that the site is long overdue for a makeover but just not this particular one.

By the way could you put all those facebook and twitter applications, it would definitely increase your traffic.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by thirdeye(m): 12:06am On Sep 29, 2009
The old is ok.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by xanadu: 1:37am On Sep 29, 2009
Personally I prefer the current look, compared to the proposed one. My main reason: nice as it is, it looks rather cluttered and busy when compared to the current look.

You got a good thing going here Seun - just let us continue enjoying it!

This is one of the situations where I agree with the old saying: 'if it ain't broke, do not fix it!'.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Spicyboy01: 1:44am On Sep 29, 2009
Seun is this your own way of rebranding,
Abi Akunyili don bribe u ni.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Olong(m): 1:53am On Sep 29, 2009
Woteva goes!who cares bout re designing if d forum wil continue 2 rock?
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by bawomolo(m): 1:56am On Sep 29, 2009
why can't non-mods send pms on this forum?
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by dipo2much(m): 2:08am On Sep 29, 2009
i think it's wack. Pls leave it as it is now. It looks vintage and thats how we want it.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Kunbee: 2:22am On Sep 29, 2009
Its ugly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Bored / "Being A Woman Is Exhausting" - Transgender Woman Wants To Be Man Again-photos / 5 Ways To Promote Your Business Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.