Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

New Design For Nairaland Home Page - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Design For Nairaland Home Page (4975 Views)

Nairaland's Home Of Quotes. / Nairaland Home And Abroad Conference / Nairaland Home Page: What Do You Think About This Prototype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by rasputinn(m): 2:30am On Sep 29, 2009
This new proposal is not working for me.The colour combination is a bit bland and the page appears too busy,the old homepage is better than this new proposal,the only change I suggest we make to the old home page is to introduce private messaging facility,it will really make things easier and members will fight less in open fora as they can quietly sort themselves out through PMs
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by skylooh(m): 3:07am On Sep 29, 2009
The old design looks better, and the colours are friendlier to the eyes than the new one. Thats one of the reason many people hit nairaland everyday. Am not saying the old page cant be im proved on though.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by eunisam: 3:24am On Sep 29, 2009
Is far better and easy accessible.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by baekdoosan(m): 4:29am On Sep 29, 2009
I like it. It's about time Nairaland was rebranded cool
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by beelyjay45(m): 6:34am On Sep 29, 2009
Seun my own opinion is this: though I prefer the current homepage for the following reasons:

1. User friendly(which is an important factor)

2. Am used to it

So what am trying to say in essence is that we should give the new homepage a trail, that's should be the determining factor of whether it's going to be accepted or not.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by birdman(m): 6:39am On Sep 29, 2009
the new design is too busy, and looks really horrible
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by texazzpete(m): 7:02am On Sep 29, 2009
Just because we're Nigerians it doesn't mean we must force the Green-White-Green theme into everything!
This prototype design is too, GARISH!!!

As many have said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Simple, clean and functional looks are the vogue these days. Take a look at Google.com and even the Google Chrome browser.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Bolddy(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2009
Thank you Seun, more work should be done on the Color and sharpness.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2009
1. I know the designer is trying to get the real naija flag colour but I think its too sharp for the eye.
2. The buttons are too big and loud, something soft like the present ones we have here will do the trick.
3. I really do not know about the om button, it has it advantages and disadvantages one of course being that people will pay less attention to the threads.
4. I think we are long overdue to have little avatars or gif images on our profiles, I know it would increase page load time but a little management here and there could seal the ice.
In all change is good I am loving the new face book home page, why not throw a competition open, be generous as well I am sure a little token for the voted winner would make it worth anyone's while. Just something to bring the whole family together from time to time. Change is good.
Cheers.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by IFELEKE(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2009
Seun,
I think we don't need a ''new look''(so to say), what we need is some upgrade on the one we presently we have.
Upgrade like private messaging et al.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by phillys(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2009
this is way better than the old one, i prefer it and the green represents nigeria better!
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Ben13: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2009
This one is too busy undecided The present homepage is the best; It makes NL unique from other site's.
Once NL homepage is seen on the screen of any computer, we always know without anyone telling. Let the present one continue.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by toideve(m): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2009
the current one is far better,
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by DoubleN(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2009
Nah!!!The current one is still better.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by cicero(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2009
I prefer the current,
New one is too busy and besides NL is already Nigerian, you can't make it more with green everywhere.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by sexyLeamon(f): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2009
pls pls pls let the old one stay.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2009
We need a change!

Life changes!

Nairaland needs a CHANGE!!!

Seun you can still maintain this current page.

Just change the colour to light green and upgrade the features!!!

The new one is kinda of childish, colour riot
  grin
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by jdiadem: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2009
I think its nice to have a new thing afterall change is always constant, however the green colour seem to be the bane. it's too loud and annoys the eye
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2009
i do not know if you have the necessary hardware etal, but i'd recommend running the two versions in parallel if that is possible - or simply rolling it out for a week or two - i'm assuming theres more to this than just a facelift

people will always hate change and not always with good reason .
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Nezan(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2009
Let the current home page remain.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by mbulela: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2009
i like the new one.
it will take a while to adapt to change but i prefer it to the present one.
the present page is a bit too bland for my liking.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by walelamina: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2009
I prefer this new one,,,its more radiant,,,i mean d green colour shws vry well,its 9ice
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by darqly(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2009
Its a breath of fresh air, BUT I think its actually abit cluttered. Just needs a little more tweaking.
Nice one!!
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by MUNEER2(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2009
oyb:

i do not know if you have the necessary hardware etal, but i'd recommend running the two versions in parallel if that is possible - or simply rolling it out for a week or two - i'm assuming theres more to this than just a facelift

people will always hate change and not always with good reason .

@oyb
That makes a lot of sense, i agree, people will always hate change, and not always with good reasons wink
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Wolenice(m): 11:41am On Sep 29, 2009
I think this looks more tidy and mature. Its preferred
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Pelummy(f): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2009
i personally luv dat colour combinatn,bt if d person cn improve it wl be beta,bt 4 now d old look of nairaland is ok
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by saintade01(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
Well i have seen better designs in the Graphics Forum before, i guess you pick from there.
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by franctony(m): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
MUNEER2:

@oyb
That makes a lot of sense, i agree, people will always hate change, and not always with good reasons wink
what other good reason than this new one is not appealing to our eyes

seun, abeg keep this traditional one we're already used to
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by HarryPotter1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2009
oya Seun it depends on u 2 choose which is beta.since the house prefer the old one then let it be. majority wins the case. cool
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by Donvilo(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2009
Undecided undecided
Re: New Design For Nairaland Home Page by franctony(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
Donvilo:

Undecided undecided
i dont think this is what seun needs to hear now. after all, you must not reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Being A Woman Is Exhausting" - Transgender Woman Wants To Be Man Again-photos / 5 Ways To Promote Your Business Online / Imperia Invest Ibc, How True Is It, Should I Invest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.