Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai (33434 Views)

PHOTO: Abandoned NEPA Helicopters Rotting Away / See The Seized Helicopters Handed By Customs To The Nigerian Air Force. Photos / Pipeline Attacks: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by yns4real: 6:17am On Aug 21, 2016
The Federal Government is making a comprehensive arrangement to respond to the attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta region through the importation of sophisticated military hardware.

A top military source said on Saturday that the Defence authorities had completed arrangements to bring in latest Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to boost the planned military operation in the oil-rich region.

It was gathered that the Federal Government has ordered for the Yahbon/20UAVs from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

It was further learnt that the Yahbon/20UAVs were being procured to replace the Chinese CH-3A UAV in the arsenal of the military.

It was stated that the military would rely heavily on the Yahbon/20 UAV which carries four missiles on its wings for the success of the planned operation.

Investigation revealed that some of the new UAVs are billed to arrive the country November, 2016 while the others are expected next year.

It was further learnt that the Federal Government is also purchasing MI35M helicopters from Russia to prepare the Nigerian Air Force to monitor and combat those behind the destruction of oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta.

The MI35M is the latest and more sophisticated version of the MI35 which is one of the attack helicopters of the NAF.

The source said that three of the MI35M attack helicopters are expected to come into the country from Russia in November.

It was learnt that the Defence authorities made an arrangement with the Russians to purchase 15 of the modern attack helicopters for the planned aerial operation in the South-South.

It was gathered that the Russians had also trained 33 personnel of the Nigerian Air Force on how to fly and handle the ‘all-weather helicopters’ which could operate night and day.

It was learnt that those who went for the training in Russia arrived in the country three weeks ago.

It was also learnt that the acceptance flight for the helicopters was carried out late July.

The source said, “The Federal Government is not sleeping over the attacks on oil installations in the Niger Delta. Comprehensive steps are being taken on this disturbing development.

“The government is importing the Yahbon/20 UAV from Dubai. The unique thing about this drone is that it carries four missiles on its wings and it is quite effective. Very soon, Nigerians would see the difference.

“The latest drone will replace the Chinese CH-3A UAV which was found to be problematic in some ways. Apart from that, the military is also acquiring MI35M from the Russians. This is the latest version of the MI35 being used by the NAF.

“The difference is that this particular one is more sophisticated, it is all-weather and it has night capability which means that it can operate both day and night.

“Three of them will arrive the country in November this year; the plan is to bring the remaining 12 over the years.

“Some of the personnel of the NAF who went for the training on the use of the aircraft returned to the country three weeks ago. Also, the acceptance flight was done three weeks ago.”

When our correspondent contacted the Acting Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, for his comment on the story, he said that he did not have any information on the purchase of the military hardware.

“I don’t have that information,” he said.

Also, the Director of Information and Public Relations of the Nigerian Air Force, Group. Capt. Ayodeje Famuyiwa, said that while there were plans to acquire new platforms in the Air Force, he did not have any such detail.

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, said while commissioning the third weaponised Alpha Jet of the NAF at the 99 Air Combat Training Group, Kainji, Niger State, on Friday, that the planned operation in the Niger Delta would require additional platforms.

He said efforts were being made to put together what was required for the planned operation, adding that the exercise would require the acquisition of additional platforms which was at the final stage of planning

“The exercise I am talking about will require additional platforms. They are now in the planning stage, very soon we will conclude that plan,” he said.

http://punchng.com/pipeline-attacks-fg-imports-russian-war-helicopters-uavs-dubai/

5 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by taylor88(m): 6:18am On Aug 21, 2016
vanity upon vanity

waste of tym and resources

it seems the cattle rearing herdsmen are d only saint terrorist in naija

buhari i hail ooo

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by LoveMachine(m): 6:31am On Aug 21, 2016
Militants blow up pipelines and now Money that could go towards development goes towards security. Militants get angry at the lack of development and start blowing things up. See the endless cycle?

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Alimtoheeb(m): 6:44am On Aug 21, 2016
nice move

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by nonjebose(m): 7:10am On Aug 21, 2016
Let's see how productive this move will turn out. I can understand the move, if they have started exploiting oil in commercial quantities in other regions of the country. As long as this is not yet the case, sustained committed dialogue should have been intensified.
Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by HtwoOw: 7:20am On Aug 21, 2016
Now that's making sense

I bet creek rats will scamper for safety

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by omenka(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2016
Have these reporters ever heard of the popular saying regarding a picture and a thousand words at all?? angry

7 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by KINGwax007(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2016
LoveMachine:
Militants blow up pipelines and now Money that could go towards development goes towards security. Militants get angry at the lack of development and start blowing things up. See the endless cycle?
only sensible people cld understand that

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by revolt(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2016
I thought the idea was to mitigate or stop the bombing of pipelines, I'm curious here but wen these gunships engage the militants, will their missiles only destroy flesh and leave the pipes? I think its same thing! The pipes still get blown ! My thots

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by 989900: 8:22am On Aug 21, 2016
Good one.

2 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by ba7man(m): 8:26am On Aug 21, 2016
LoveMachine:
Blowing up national assets has never attracted development, I don't see how that will change.

6 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Fmartin(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2016
Hmmm am observing
Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by LoveMachine(m): 8:38am On Aug 21, 2016
ba7man:
Blowing up national assets has never attracted development, I don't see how that will change.

I pray we can get past this era of militancy and embezzlement. There must be an honest and noble resolution once and for all. Amnesty won't solve the problems of the Delta. Environmental restoration and infrastructural development must commence in full swing. Unfortunately, due to the pipeline bombings many of the very initiatives I just stated may not have the needed funding. We are in quite a messy situation in our country.

KINGwax007:
only sensible people cld understand that

I just hate that the gov't doesn't respond to peaceful complaints. It's only when it reaches code red they want to "negotiate." It should never get this bad and that's not me solely blaming Buhari. He's inherited a ticking time bomb. Everything blew up on his watch but he asked for the job. Poo rolls down but blame goes up. He's gotta get a firm handle on the wheel and turn this ship around.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by oweniwe(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2016
LoveMachine:

What about boko haram?

Dasukigate would never had happened if there were no boko haram

The money we could have spent on additional infrastructure, we had to use them to buy arms.

Though I don't like the fact that pipeline bombings is harmful to the economy.... Buhari helped to flame boko haram with his comments since 2010.... You dont sow weed and expect to reap corn.

Pipeline is very differnt from boko..... I dont need to be a militant to blow up one..... All i need is explosives and head into the bush at midnight, thats all.

So using brute military force might not work in the long run.... Especially if a community swears to halt oil ptoduction in their domain after being harassed by the military.... Ogoni has successfully done that.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Oasis007(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2016
undecided

No wonder NDA declares Ceasefire and ready for Negotiation.

4 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by QuotaSystem: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided
[size=18pt]No wonder NDA declares Ceasefire and ready for Negotiation. [/size]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by LoveMachine(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2016
oweniwe:

What about boko haram?

Dasukigate would never had happened if there were no boko haram

The money we could have spent on additional infrastructure, we had to use them to buy guys. Though I don't like the fact that pipeline bombings is harmful to the economy.... Buhari helped to flame boko haram with his comments since 2010.... You dont sow weed and expect to reap corn.

Pipeline is very differnt from boko..... I dont need to be a militant to blow up one..... All i need is explosives and head into the bush at midnight, thats all.

So using brute military force might not work in the long run.... Especially if a community swears to halt oil ptoduction in their domain after being harassed by the military.... Ogoni has successfully done that.

You've missed my point because you want to argue. Militancy and aggression from the armed forces is futile. Physical confrontation is only a lasting resolution if genocide is the goal. Any survivors will have animosity.

What needs to occur is legit development and honest negotiations.

I'm not talking about Dasukigate. Im talking about the Niger Delta that feeds the national coffers and yet suffers. I'm talking about the people who have crude in their streams but no PMS at their pumps. If they even have gas stations.

A people who have been pushed to the wall will behave in ways that the next man could never fathom. I'm praying for peace because they are not playing any games in the creeks. People come online and spout off jokes as if these guys haven't already dented our yearly revenue. It can get downright tragic if they so choose. Diplomacy is the best way forward for all.

Gov't must set pride aside and make it right. All the tough talk is useless.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Pavore9: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2016
LoveMachine:

A fruitless circle! angry

3 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by MoneyGreen(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

No wonder NDA declares Ceasefire and ready for Negotiation.
grin fear don catch the Terrorists! Useless jobless muntulas!

3 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Generalkorex(m): 9:34am On Aug 21, 2016
ok
Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by lafuria1(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2016
Lol.. The government has nothing to lose, the pipelines have been blown up, oil have been spilled, time to use force since the avengers have clearly said they won't negotiate.

5 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by shiziope(f): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2016
FG dey fail well

3 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Spells(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2016
What of boko haram

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Pavore9: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2016
MoneyGreen:
[size=15pt]The Marital Status Of Jesus[/size]

www.nairaland.com/3301232/marital-status-jesus

Read and understand

How does it relate to the war helicopters FG ordered for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Daniel058(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2016
DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY and LET PEACE RULE..

.. those destroying the pipelines are same as our politicians . .

I have never seen a politician who ve never stolen.

2 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by Thisis2raw(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2016
Big big talk. Told they Wan to buy dis, tomorrow they Wan to import that one. No one person don see wit e eyes. I hav never seen any govt that talk big nd do little like dis govt

4 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by adedayourt(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2016
Are we at war undecided
Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by MoneyGreen(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Pavore9:

How does it relate to the war helicopters FG ordered for?
They are distance cousins tongue
Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by mosho2good: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2016
How does that help Arsenal to sign new player b4 d transfer window close.
Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by naijamakossa(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2016
helicopter go enter inside water ni
mek una go learn swimming first abeg

8 Likes

Re: FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai by onatisi(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2016
A single meeting between the president , traditional leaders and political leaders across party lines from the Niger delta region will have solved all these problems . No wonder the Nda insists that the FG isn't sincere with it peace negotiations and they are only bidding for time .

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers: Hilda Dokubo Appointed New Labour Party Acting Chairman / If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo / Uknown Gunmen Strike At Nkpor, Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.