Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,679 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

The Will Of God Vs My Will - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Will Of God Vs My Will (9244 Views)

Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge / Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? / Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2016
eddyjibs:
no such thing as d will of god abeg. just take a look at those redeem students coming from camp and they still had accident nd one died. wat kind of god are they serving.

You speak like a baby grin

Being a redeemed member doesn't qualify you as invincible.

One thing I know is that "No true child of God perishes" he speaks to His sheep and His sheep hears his voice.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 7:46am On Aug 21, 2016
kennygee:
This Will of God can be painful sometimes, especially if you've put all ur effort in making your will happen.

But then, you're really a child of God if He still gives u a chance of making ur own will flop so His will can have a place in ur life. I learned that early this year. Painful tho, but I trust His will.

Once you have put in your very BEST effort into any plan and endeavour, you know that the outcome is God's will whether it aligns with your expectation or not.
The key issue is - Are we making our BEST effort? Did we put in our BEST effort?

This is what we should concern ourselves with, as that is what is within our realm of control. To concern ourselves about the will of God is a recipe for LAZINESS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
You speak like a baby grin

Being a redeemed member doesn't qualify you as invincible.

One thing I know is that "No true child of God perishes" he speaks to His sheep and His sheep hears his voice.

What do you mean by "perish"?
Thanks.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by olempe(m): 7:47am On Aug 21, 2016
lilmax:
what you are going through might not be good to you but is good for you cool ----max tribbett

Hmmm... deep!
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:
How do you know, for sure, what is the will of God?
Unfortunately, many wouldn't ask this or bother to know. Jer 29:11 explains this
New International Version
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Only those who are close to God would easily know God's will for them. The reason is because these persons understand the way He works. The will God for one's life is usually aligned with what one was called to do. The problem here is that's one people struggle with God over their lives and rather than allow God take charge, they make certain decisions based on human understanding.

2 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

Unfortunately, many wouldn't ask this or bother to know. Jer 29:11 explains this

Only those who are close to God would easily know God's will for them. The reason is because these persons understand the way He works. The will God for one's life is usually aligned with what one was called to do. The problem here is that's one people struggle with God over their lives and rather than allow God take charge, they make certain decisions based on human understanding.

How do you "allow God take charge"? Please can you explain in practical, detailed terms?
Is the Jer. 29:11 that you quoted applicable to ALL children of God, made in His image or not?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by menxer: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2016
If the Bible says "in him we live, move and have our being" is it then possible to have a will outside his will?

So doing something to better yourself may be going out of God's will? If that is the case, why seek medical help for an illness or handicap one was born with since it amounts to going out of the original will of God?

Can a thread see its place in a tapestry or the grand design? Your will is like a thread in the tapestry which is God's will.
Your will is a subset of God's will.

2 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

What do you mean by "perish"?
Thanks.

Perish is when someone's life was cut short as we say "untimely death"
Such death is not natural death and they can come in many way like car accident etc.

In Bible God say: "with long life will I satisfy you to show you my salvation" (Psalm 91:16) His word never change.

Just that some christians are not sensitive to hear His word, they are only beclounded by their thoughts and their desires.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by horlumiday(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2016
shaddoww:
So how do I know d will of God for me?
And when faced with a challenge, should I just wait n accept it's d will of God rather dan fight it?
That s why the Bible says "Faith without works is dead"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2016
menxer:
If the Bible says "in him we live, move and have our being" is it then possible to have a will outside his will?

So doing something to better yourself may be going out of God's will? If that is the case, why seek medical help for an illness or handicap one was born with since it amounts to going out of the original will of God?

Can a thread see its place in a tapestry or the grand design? Your will is like a thread in the tapestry which is God's will.
Your will is a subset of God's will.

Thanks for your inspirational post that is based on the knowledge of God's Word written in the Bible.
Are we not ALL made in God's image?
Let true believers reflect on this.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Spells(m): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2016
Can ones action make God initial will change For example... God will for that person was to become a great doctor n the person begins to alter e'm will evil deeds..
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by horlumiday(m): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2016
Ibangap:
May my will be lost in thine, oh Lord. For I know the plans you have for me is of good and not of bad, to give me a future and hope. Amen.
You better go n get #Kjv Bible ....
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2016
kennygee:
This Will of God can be painful sometimes, especially if you've put all ur effort in making your will happen.

But then, you're really a child of God if He still gives u a chance of making ur own will flop so His will can have a place in ur life. I learned that early this year. Painful tho, but I trust His will.

The will of God is always painful. It explains why many don't like to align with it. As humans, we choose the best things or eyes, and these things could be ephemeral or temporary. His ideas can be painful to man but in the end, the story is never the same. The most important thing is getting to hear from Him and listen.

Oh, let me hear Thee speaking,
In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
The murmurs of self-will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten, or control;
Oh, speak, and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.

Excerpt from Oh Jesus I have Promised

Marvin Sapp's song Deeper clearly talks about the will of God and how painful it can be.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by promise10: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2016
Sermwell:
Religion is the biggest scam in human history grin smh
And atheism is the biggest blessing in the human history.

Atheistic foolishness can be a generational disease.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
Perish is when someone's life was cut short as we say "untimely death"
Such death is not natural death and they can come in many way like car accident etc.

In Bible God say: "with long life will I satisfy you to show you my salvation" (Psalm 91:16) His word never change.

Just that some christians are not sensitive to hear His word, they are only beclounded by their thoughts and their desires.

So all those who die in accidents and "perished" are either not Christians or "not sensitive to hear His word".
Does this include babies or are they excluded?

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by promise10: 8:07am On Aug 21, 2016
horlumiday:
You better go n get #Kjv Bible ....
The KJV, the best translation for atheists!

But, why not any other version that uses MODERN ENGLISH?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by promise10: 8:08am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

So all those who die in accidents and "perished" are either not Christians or "not sensitive to hear His word".
It seems like you have many unanswered questions. Would you mind discussing with me on your question by opening a new thread and inviting me there?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by horlumiday(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2016
eddyjibs:
no such thing as d will of god abeg. just take a look at those redeem students coming from camp and they still had accident nd one died. wat kind of god are they serving.
You think God look at appearances, Not everybody goes to church to worship.... Do you know weda they went to camp to serve God or to do sumtin else.... All God wants is a contrite heart..

Matthew 7 vs 21 -
Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the
kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is
in heaven.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

How do you "allow God take charge"? Please can you explain in practical, detailed terms?
Is the Jer. 29:11 that you quoted applicable to ALL children of God, made in His image or not?

How do you allow God to take cherge?
By accepting Him as your Lord and saviour.
Respect His commands
Pray always and fast
Keep your hands and heart clean from evil and surely he will be talking to you through dreams and visions.

As a human is defficult, but as you put ur faith on him with determination, is easy. i

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Spells(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2016
eddyjibs:
u

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by destinedtee(m): 8:11am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Once you have put in your very BEST effort into any plan and endeavour, you know that the outcome is God's will whether it aligns with your expectation or not.
The key issue is - Are we making our BEST effort? Did we put in our BEST effort?

This is what we should concern ourselves with, as that is what is within our realm of control. To concern ourselves about the will of God is a recipe for LAZINESS.
To concern ourselves with the will of God is Laziness What? Ephesians 5:17... Read that portion of the scriptures. U quoted me earlier and talked about limiting my idea of God to Christianity and all that... Well... I am a Christian and I am speaking from that perspective. I know that I am talking about. I believe in God who sent his Son-Jesus Christ to die for my sins. He died and rose up for my justification.... Now, I don't care if the whole world doesn't agree with that.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2016
Spells:
Can ones action make God initial will change For example... God will for that person was to become a great doctor n the person begins to alter e'm will evil deeds..

Do you want to put pastors, imams and traditional priests out of business ni with this your question?
How will they get customers for their business if the sheeple do not believe that they can change God's initial will for them?
How will they receive BRIBES (tithes, offerings, seeds, zakats, sacrifices etc) on behalf of their god, if the people are not made to believe that they can change God's initial will for them?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by horlumiday(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2016
promise10:

The KJV, the best translation for atheists!

But, why not any other version that uses MODERN ENGLISH?
Still the best Bible,Kinda hard tho.. But still the best..
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2016
destinedtee:
To concern ourselves with the will of God is Laziness What? Ephesians 5:17... Read that portion of the scriptures.

It is LAZINESS to concern/worry yourself about the will of God that you cannot control or change instead of giving your BEST to any plan/endeavour you are engaged in.
That is what the vast majority of people in developed societies that we run to are doing, not so?
I read Ephesians 5:17. Tell me, what do you think about it that you want me to understand?
Thanks.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
How do you allow God to take cherge?
By accepting Him as your Lord and saviour.
Respect His commands
Pray always and fast
Keep your hands and hear clean from evil and surely he will be talking to you through dreams and visions.

As a human is defficult, but as you put ur faith on him with determination, is easy. i

Give me just ONE example of someone in the Bible who did all the above.
Thanks.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Spells(m): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Do you want to put pastors, imams and traditional priests out of business ni with this your question?
How will they get customers for their business if the sheeple do not believe that they can change God's initial will for them?
How will they receive BRIBES (tithes, offerings, seeds, zakats, sacrifices etc) on behalf of their god, if the people are not made to believe that they can change God's initial will for them?
so in nutshell, God will can not be altered.. Only mans will...
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by MurphyG1(m): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2016
Every will is God's will abeg!

I listen to my christian friends pray and they say.. God! let Your will be done! I tell them all will are God's. Be specific! Tell Him what exactly you want and tell Him to perfect it for you! That way it will be a win win case for you!

There is nothing that will happen in this world that God is not aware of.. and if it happens that makes it His will!

For instance..
If someone is involved in an accident and dies, it is God's will that he wil die via accident. Likewise, If he survives, its God's will that he wil survive the accident. and if there is no accident at all.. it is God's will!

But when some people want to travel they wil say God let your will be done on this journey.. Why not.. God please grant me a safe journey? What happened to that kind of prayers? Ehn?

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:22am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Absolutely YES!
Unless your special to Him and his grace is on you (covenant) may not really by you, but from your forefather and God respect covenants and keeps his word. He never fails only man disapoints.

For babies:
Every litle baby is with innocent soul until the first day their heart commit sin. How? That day they tell lie AGAINST someone or curse another.

Babies remains innocent. It is the duty for the parents to take care of them. The blood of a child is on his parent's head, YES.

When an innocent child died his spirit and destiny will be recycled because they came with no sin and died with no sin.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2016
Adekdammy:
THE WILL OF GOD VS MY WILL

The will of God is the plan of God for man while the will of man is his plan for himself out side the original plan of God

The will of God at the initial stage is not always an easy route while the will of man is always the easy way at the initial stage

The end point of God's will is always sweet while the end point of my will always end in had I known

The will of God, most times is always in contrast with the majority while My will is always supported by majority

The will of God will always stand the test of time while My will fades off in a matter of time.

The will of God is always in line with the word of God while my will is always in line with the word of the world.

It is natural for our will to always struggle with God's will, but because we are of God, His will for us will always prevail, amen.

Have a blessed day in His presence, maranatha...He cometh soon.
May God, grant you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change,
The courage to change the things that you can,
And the wisdom to know the difference
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Give me just ONE example of someone in the Bible who did all the above.
Thanks.
grin grin grin grin nawa for u o.

They are hundreds but since u said ONE:
JESUS CHRIST many
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2016
Spells:
so in nutshell, God will can not be altered.. Only mans will...

Therefore it is futile and tantamount to LAZINESS for anyone to focus/dwell on finding out God's will rather than plan/work to the BEST of his God-given capacity.
Only fools choose to be LAZY, expecting equally foolish people to give them money that they have worked and laboured for, as they wait to receive their revelation of God's will for them.
I have chosen not to be foolish.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:

grin grin grin grin nawa for u o.

They are hundreds but since u said ONE:
JESUS CHRIST many

I thought that Jesus Christ is the Lord and saviour himself. Is He no longer so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? / Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? / Grace Is Not Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.