Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

The Will Of God Vs My Will - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Will Of God Vs My Will (9245 Views)

Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge / Bishop Oyedepo's Prayer VS My Own Prayer Which Will God Most Likely Answer? / Belief In God Vs. Atheism: Which Is More Rational? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:31am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
Absolutely YES!
Unless your special to Him and his grace is on you (covenant) may not really by you, but from your forefather and God respect covenants and keeps his word. He never fails only man disapoints.

For babies:
Every litle baby is with innocent soul until the first day their heart commit sin. How? That day they tell lie AGAINST someone or curse another.

Babies remains innocent. It is the duty for the parents to take care of them. The blood of a child is on his parent's head, YES.

When an innocent child died his spirit and destiny will be recycled because they came with no sin and died with no sin.

Kindly provide biblical references to your statements about babies.
Thanks.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

I thought that Jesus Christ is the Lord and saviour himself. Is He no longer so?

YeS! But he came as flesh and blood that's why Satan have to temp him too grin

Another person is Enok
Another is Elija etc
These men were holy and their way pleased God and He had no choice than to elevate them into heaven with their mortal body like Jesus grin (amazing)
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Spells(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Therefore it is futile and tantamount to LAZINESS for anyone to focus/dwell on finding out God's will rather than plan/work to the BEST of his God-given capacity.
Only fools choose to be LAZY, expecting equally foolish people to give them money that they have worked and laboured for, as they wait to receive their revelation of God's will for them.
I have chosen not to be foolish.
go out n work n he shall bless the works of thy hands : Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by destinedtee(m): 8:37am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

It is LAZINESS to concern/worry yourself about the will of God that you cannot control or change instead of giving your BEST to any plan/endeavour you are engaged in.
That is what the vast majority of people in developed societies that we run to are doing, not so?
I read Ephesians 5:17. Tell me, what do you think about it that you want me to understand?
Thanks.
I admire and appreciate your openness bro... Now to Ephesians 5:17. The scriptures encouraged us to understand God's will. I get ur point about developed countries and all that.... Nevertheless, knowing and understanding God's will doesn't necessarily stop us from exerting ourselves and putting our best efforts in the issues of life. God's knowledge guides us in the right path but it doesn't mean we have to be lazy and expect angels take responsibilities for the things we are to do. I get ur point point Bro but there is a balance.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
YeS! But he came as flesh and blood that's why Satan have to temp him too grin

Another person is Enok
Another is Elija etc
These men were holy and their way pleased God and He had no choice than to elevate them into heaven with their mortal body like Jesus grin (amazing)

There are no DETAILS about Enoch and Elijah's lives to conclude that they followed ALL your specifications from the earlier post.
BTW, Elijah is also a great person to the Muslims in the Koran:

The Qur'an and certain Islamic traditions describe Elijah as a great and righteous man of God who preached powerfully against the worship of Baal. Due to his importance to Muslims, Catholics and Orthodox Christians, Elijah has been venerated as the patron saint of Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1752.

Extracted from: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 8:44am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

How do you "allow God take charge"? Please can you explain in practical, detailed terms?
Is the Jer. 29:11 that you quoted applicable to ALL children of God, made in His image or not?
A typical example is the issue of marriage. Ideally, everyone have preferences. Tall, dark, handsome, God fearing, fair skinned lady, educated, tall, beautiful, God fearing, etc. These are a few of the preferences we tend to unconsciously ask God for before choosing a partner and we tend to place our search perimeter around these preferences.

For someone who is mature and closely walk with God, you would say 'God, kindly lead me and choose for me.' In cases I've witnessed in people around me, they're 'embarrassed' with something far below their expectations.

A good example of this happened to Jonah. He had his will and so did God. God's will was for Nineveh to repent and turn from their ways; Jonah's will was to run away because the people are terrible. However, God made Jonah bend to His will in the end. We all know what happened afterwards. We all sing 'All to Jesus I surrender' everytime, yet we don't really mean it.

To answer your question fully, to allow God take would mean to shove your interest aside and realize that God's plan is just and fulfilling, far beyond ours. Beating the flesh under subjection is crucial here to get to this level.

Jer 29:11 is not for ALL created by God. As a matter of fact, it is not for all Christians, but for those who would allow God take charge. Those who have given up their will for God's. Some people have missed it in life all because they fell out of God's ultimate plan for them. The moment you truly understand Jer 29:11, I mean deeply, you'd have no issues with giving up to God's will because you can hold Him by His word. And yes, God can never fail on His word.

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2016
destinedtee:
I admire and appreciate your openness bro... Now to Ephesians 5:17. The scriptures encouraged us to understand God's will. I get ur point about developed countries and all that.... Nevertheless, knowing and understanding God's will doesn't necessarily stop us from exerting ourselves and putting our best efforts in the issues of life. God's knowledge guides us in the right path but it doesn't mean we have to be lazy and expect angels take responsibilities for the things we are to do. I get ur point point Bro but there is a balance.

Thanks too.
Do you think that we, black people, have the balance between seeking to understand God's will and being dedicated to putting in our BEST for any plan and work/action that we engage with?
If it is not balanced, why is it not and how can we balance it?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Kindly provide biblical references to your statements about babies.
Thanks.

I don't know the Bible explanations you need, but I want to tell you is that children came from God and go back to God.

As human and living thing, we grow day by day so our spirits and soul grows.

Man has:
1. Spirit (this is the atom of God in man)
2. Soul (this is value in man)
3. Body (this is just sand)

When we grow as human, the soul grow too like the meter tor chart, either to the spirit (God) or body (sin).

For babies they don't have sin, they are still more of spirits (God)
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

A typical example is the issue of marriage. Ideally, everyone have preferences. Tall, dark, handsome, God fearing, fair skinned lady, educated, tall, beautiful, God fearing, etc. These are a few of the preferences we tend to unconsciously ask God for before choosing a partner and we tend to place our search perimeter around these preferences.

For someone who is mature and closely walk with God, you would say 'God, kindly lead me and choose for me.' In cases I've witnessed in people around me, they're 'embarrassed' with something far below their expectations.

A good example of this happened to Jonah. He had his will and so did God. God's will was for Nineveh to repent and turn from their ways; Jonah's will was to run away because the people are terrible. However, God made Jonah bend to His will in the end. We all know what happened afterwards. We all sing 'All to Jesus I surrender' everytime, yet we don't really mean it.

To answer your question fully, to allow God take would mean to shove your interest aside and realize that God's plan is just and fulfilling, far beyond ours. Beating the flesh under subjection is crucial here to get to this level.

Jer 29:11 is not for ALL created by God. As a matter of fact, it is not for all Christians, but for those who would allow God take charge. Those who have given up their will for God's. Some people have missed it in life all because they fell out of God's ultimate plan for them. The moment you truly understand Jer 29:11, I mean deeply, you'd have no issues with giving up to God's will because you can hold Him by His word. And yes, God can never fail on His word.

As you showed in Jonah's story, God is all-powerful to ensure His will prevails in any circumstance irrespective of our efforts to deviate.
Was Jonah putting in his BEST effort?

It is in this regard that I believe in putting my BEST effort to planning and working since I fully understand that God's will shall surely prevail.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

There are no DETAILS about Enoch and Elijah's lives to conclude that they followed ALL your specifications from the earlier post.
BTW, Elijah is also a great person to the Muslims in the Koran:

Bros visit your Bible, the details are there.
Gen. 5:24 (Enoch walked with God and like God)
Abraham is God's best friend.
Lazarus was Jesus best friend. "Show me your friend and I will tell u who u r"
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
I don't know the Bible explanations you need, but I want to tell you is that children came from God and go back to God.

As human and living thing, we grow day by day so our spirits and soul grows.

Man has:
1. Spirit (this is the atom of God in man)
2. Soul (this is value in man)
3. Body (this is just sand)

When we grow as human, the soul grow too like the meter tor chart, either to the spirit (God) or body (sin).

For babies they don't have sin, they are still more of spirits (God)

What you have up there is based on your interpretation of what you know so far, presumably from the Bible (only?).
I am asking you for specific passages that you interpreted to write your comment.
I hope you get it now.
Cheers.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2016
victorazy:
Bros visit your Bible, the details are there.
Gen. 5:24 (Enoch walked with God and like God)

You obviously don't know what the word "details" mean, so I will stop with you here.
Happy Sunday.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by victorazy(m): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

You obviously don't know what the word "details" mean, so I will stop with you here.
Happy Sunday.

Tnx bro. smiley
Happy sunday too.

(You must be a lawyer)
I don't know the detail u want after been told that someone walked with God. Maybe no one is in heaven as righteous person. Bye bro.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 9:05am On Aug 21, 2016
Spells:
go out n work n he shall bless the works of thy hands : Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Thanks again.
However many don't understand the need to go out and work in ALL areas, foolishly waiting to know God's will for them before they act.
Dem go wait tire.
For example, if you like fine, pretty babe or handsome loaded guy, work hard to get her/him and if it is not God's will for you, He will surely direct you to your own as He is still all-powerful.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Spells(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Thanks again.
However many don't understand the need to go out and work in ALL areas, foolishly waiting to know God's will for them before they act.
Dem go wait tire.
For example, if you like fine, pretty babe or handsome loaded guy, work hard to get her/him and if it is not God's will for you, He will surely direct you to your own as He is still all-powerful.
Thanks too Bro... May God continue giving us better insights about he's words... Blissful Sunday to u. GOD bless

1 Like

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 9:43am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

As you showed in Jonah's story, God is all-powerful to ensure His will prevails in any circumstance irrespective of our efforts to deviate.
Was Jonah putting in his BEST effort?

It is in this regard that I believe in putting my BEST effort to planning and working since I fully understand that God's will shall surely prevail.
Don't get it mixed in any way. God gives us the grace of choice everytime. However, when He decides to use you against all odds, He will. But then, He has substitutes for everyone He uses. 1Kings 19:18 confirms this. One thing is to live your life another is to execute a task given by God.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2016
Sanchez01:
Don't get it mixed in any way. God gives us the grace of choice everytime. However, when He decides to use you against all odds, He will. But then, He has substitutes for everyone He uses. 1Kings 19:18 confirms this. One thing is to live your life another is to execute a task given by God.

I thought that the Bible said that God knows everything and ALL that we will do in this world even when we are in our mother's womb.
Is that no longer true?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Objectives: 10:08am On Aug 21, 2016
Follow your Guts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 10:11am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

I thought that the Bible said that God knows everything and ALL that we will do in this world even when we are in our mother's womb.
Is that no longer true?
Of course, He does. The point of reserving substitutes is to teach others. And me bringing it up was a pointer to the fact that no man is indispensable. Elijah was certain he was the only one who was true and faithful to God and the only servant of God in the land but God shocked him by telling him that there are 7000 reserves to take his place. The essence of that story is, God using us is just an opportunity and there are many who would take our place should we fall out of His plans for us.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2016
Sanchez01:
Of course, He does. The point of reserving substitutes is to teach others. And me bringing it up was a pointer to the fact that no man is indispensable. Elijah was certain he was the only one who was true and faithful to God and the only servant of God in the land but God shocked him by telling him that there are 7000 reserves to take his place. The essence of that story is, God using us is just an opportunity and there are many who would take our place should we fall out of His plans for us.

Again, why should "we fall out of His plans for us" when He is all-powerful, omnipotent and omnipresent omniscience God?
Did He not know that we will fall out of that particular plan or what exactly are you saying about God's capacity?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 10:44am On Aug 21, 2016
seguno2:

Again, why should "we fall out of His plans for us" when He is all-powerful, omnipotent and omnipresent omniscience God?
Did He not know that we will fall out of that particular plan or what exactly are you saying about God's capacity?
Contrary to the belief of most Atheists,God does not impose on us. He has and will always put before us options and the ability to take either of the path rest with us. Proverbs 14:12 says
Parallel Verses
New International Version
There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
And this was the very same reason Christ came to persuade and not force us to embrace Him.
John 14 confirms this;
I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If y
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by seguno2: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

Contrary to the belief of most Atheists,God does not impose on us. He has and will always put before us options and the ability to take either of the path rest with us. Proverbs 14:12 says

And this was the very same reason Christ came to persuade and not force us to embrace Him.
John 14 confirms this;

Are you implying that God is not omnipotent?
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by sweetilicious(f): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2016
I just pray for his grace. I just tell him "God, let your will be done in my life today. I hand over everything to you. You alone knows the best. Give me the patient to wait for your will all day. Protect my family and friends. Bless those who blesses me. Help those who helps me. Forgive those who curses me. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by PastorAIO: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2016
How can Jesus' will be different from Yahweh's?

'Let this cup pass from me, but not my will, but thine.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Adekdammy: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=menxer post=48667332]If the Bible says "in him we live, move and have our being" is it then possible to have a will outside his will?

So doing something to better yourself may be going out of God's will? If that is the case, why seek medical help for an illness or handicap one was born with since it amounts to going out of the original will of God?

Can a thread see its place in a tapestry or the grand design? Your will is like a thread in the tapestry which is God's will.
Your will is a subset of God's will. [/quo

it is possible to have our will outside His will

doing things to improve yourself, like going for medical attention is not out of God's will, because His will for us is to be in good health
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by liztemi(f): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2016
Sanchez01:
Let me add to the OPs post. There are two kinds of will; the perfect will and the submissive will.

The perfect will is when God takes charge and in turn, one asks God to take over without habouring thoughts or options. For example, 'God, please, take charge totally. Direct my affairs and direct my thoughts and actions. '

The submissive will, on the other hand, is when we have a choice or options and want God to align with what we have. For example, 'God, please, I love Jane and would love us to have a Godly, Happy home that would come to fear you, even as we walk in love.'

Both Wills cannot run together in one person. You cannot say you're giving everything to God one minute and you're trying to make decisions for yourself while putting God in it.

Humans are imperfect but God often gives us the grace of choice on certain issues. Sometimes, God could take the back seat if someone, who instead of relying on Him, make certain decisions based on the physical eyes or on shallow grounds.

Very correct and well said sir! Buh I think it's "perfect will and permissive will"
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by PastorAIO: 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
liztemi:

Very correct and well said sir! Buh I think it's "perfect will and permissive will"

So was it Jesus' Perfect Will or his permissive will that wanted the Cup to pass from him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by liztemi(f): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
PastorAIO:

So was it Jesus' Perfect Will or his permissive will that wanted the Cup to pass from him?
It's jesus permissive will
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by Sanchez01: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
liztemi:

Thanks. And you're correct. The word is Permissive and not Submissive as earlier mentioned. Thanks for the correction.
Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by orisa37: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
All is The Will of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Will Of God Vs My Will by PastorAIO: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
orisa37:
All is The Will of God.

I often ask if an omnipotent being can have it's will thwarted in any way by another will.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? / Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? / Grace Is Not Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.