Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Some Simple Questions For Theists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Simple Questions For Theists (4387 Views)

Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Simple Questions For Theists by donnffd(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2016
HardMirror:

You don't understand conventional religion. Very logical question, but as far as our conventional religions are concerned, humans on earth are all that matters, because religion does not know the existance of other planets, all we see in the sky are stars. That is religion

Religion has a way of trying to adapt, the bible writers clearly taught that the earth was flat, they believed that the sun revolves around the earth and when ideas came along that threatened these beliefs, they resisted and fought back until they found out they cannot win, it was proven beyond doubt that the earth is not flat and it does indeed revolves around the sun, and what did they do?, they adapted, they claimed the bible was right all along and it was only meant metaphorically.

So, when we do find intelligent aliens probably thousands of years ahead of us, i want know in what ways can it also adapt in accepting the fact that we really are not the goal of the universe and the universe wasnt created just for us and we are not that special in the grand scheme of things.

cc: AnonyNymous

1 Like

Re: Some Simple Questions For Theists by HardMirror(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2016
donnffd:

Religion has a way of trying to adapt, the bible writers clearly taught that the earth was flat, they believed that the sun revolves around the earth and when ideas came along that threatened these beliefs, they resisted and fought back until they found out they cannot win, it was proven beyond doubt that the earth is not flat and it does indeed revolves around the sun, and what did they do?, they adapted, they claimed the bible was right all along and it was only meant metaphorically.

So, when we do find intelligent aliens probably thousands of years ahead of us, i want know in what ways can it also adapt in accepting the fact that we really are not the goal of the universe and the universe wasnt created just for us and we are not that special in the grand scheme of things.

cc: AnonyNymous
Pls wait till then.
Re: Some Simple Questions For Theists by oaroloye(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
SHALOM!

donnffd:
Noone can deny the vastness of the galaxy and universe as a whole. There are about One trillion planets in our galaxy alone and even if a small fraction has life, it would be in the millions, so it is safe to say it is inevitable to have intelligent life on some of these worlds.

I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE NO TRILLION PLANETS.

There is no "LIGHT-YEARS-WIDE" Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VcC9Gf_r5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdXYMhN5YFM

I believe that everything NASA has told us is a LIE.

With SETI(search for extraterrestrial intelligence) gaining more funds and better technology to scan the skies for intelligent signals.

To the best of my Knowledge, SETI was terminated years ago.

Having wasted the time of millions of people.

I want to ask you guys, in the event we do discover an intelligent signal from an alien world!

IT WILL BE FAKE.

- would these beings also be creatures of God?

Of course.

- would they look like us hence like God?

The Alien Creature that we know about (DEVILS) can disguise themselves to look like ANYTHING.

They have made themselves look like "GODS," but that is NOT what they REALLY look like.

- would they also need a saviour?

IF THEY ARE AS DUMB AS US.

- would we see them in heaven after we die?

Most people do not see anything after they die- because their Souls are destroyed.

- would the sin that applies to us, also apply to them?

YES. The Commandments of God are the Building-Block Source-Codes of LIFE.

- would they be created from dust like we were?

We were not created from MEST- only our BODIES were created from Matter, Energy, Space, and Time.

- would jesus also go to that planet and die for their sins?

If necessary.

I am just curious...

WHEN THE WISE MAN POINTS AT THE MOON,
THE FOOL LOOKS AT HIS FINGER. - Confucius.
Re: Some Simple Questions For Theists by Ranchhoddas: 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
^^^Woah. Donnffd I am eagerly awaiting your response to the above.
Re: Some Simple Questions For Theists by donnffd(m): 8:09am On Sep 21, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE NO TRILLION PLANETS.

There is no "LIGHT-YEARS-WIDE" Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VcC9Gf_r5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdXYMhN5YFM

I believe that everything NASA has told us is a LIE.

Lol, very interesting hypothesis you have there, but examine the facts and see how it fits your hypothesis shall we?.

If the earth was concave, why dont we see the other side of the world above us?

How do you explain how some part of the earth is in daytime and others are at night simultaneously, if it was concave, there should be day time everywhere all the time.

How do you explain sunset?, where does the sun sets to?

How do you explain the moon, other planets, the nightsky and the starlight?

How do you explain seasons?.

Your hypothesis creates more problems than it solves...

NB: NASA wasnt the one who told us the earth was round, it has proved beyond all doubt some 400years ago

To the best of my Knowledge, SETI was terminated years ago.

Having wasted the time of millions of people.

IT WILL BE FAKE.

Its interesting to see conspiracy theorists of a different flavour...

Exactly how did SETI waste peoples time?, i wonder...

For your information, i contributed some of my computer time to SETI to help with processing of massive data influx from radio telescopes, so the idea that it was shut down years ago is bonkers.

The Alien Creature that we know about (DEVILS) can disguise themselves to look like ANYTHING.

They have made themselves look like "GODS," but that is NOT what they REALLY look like.

I wonder how you came about this information...

Most people do not see anything after they die- because their Souls are destroyed.

Even though we can agree on the conclusion, i wonder the process in which you arrived at this conclusion!

We were not created from MEST- only our BODIES were created from Matter, Energy, Space, and Time.

If necessary.

Confusing me the more, if we were not created from MEST as you call it, then what were we created from and how exactly did you know?

1 Like

Re: Some Simple Questions For Theists by Image123(m): 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
^^^Woah. Donnffd I am eagerly awaiting your response to the above.

We've discussed this point before i suppose. The point the two are making are not of importance in the real scheme of things. Their opinions are similar to you preferring garri and another semovita. Or using cold water or hot water to bath. It's not compulsory for them to agree on that to be friends or brothers or even family. It has little or nothing to do with God or Holy Spirit or Bible, except someone just wanted to force the Bible to say what it didn't say. Like reading "Judas hanged himself" and "Go and do likewise". That's criminal, not scriptural.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians / PENTECOST : The Power And Unifying Force Of The Spirit. / The Real Truth Why Olumba Olumba Church Does Not Call Jesus Christ While Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.