Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them (33468 Views)

Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / Apostle Suleman Escapes Assassination Attempt By Hired Armed Men Along Auchi Rd / Hidden Camera Exposes Nigerian Priest Performing Fake Miracle At Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by Seun(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
joseph1832:
I believe 'scam' is still against the law, no matter the form.
I agree. I feel that it makes no sense to charge these guys alone, though, since the role they played by itself doesn't constitute a scam. They provided the acting services they were paid for, afterall. The pastors who patronized them should be the main targets of the investigation. These guys should be charged as their accomplices.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by wadetaw202: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
ifenes:

What is Satan? A member of your family?

Lolz.

Continue fooling yourself.

God knew people like you would be in existence today; this is why he said "A fool says in his heart that there is no God"

I pray you will never believe in God until you die.

Unfortunately for you, it will be impossible for you to repent from your fooooolishness after your death.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by wirinet(m): 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
Seun:
I agree. I feel that it makes no sense to charge these guys alone, though, since the role they played by itself doesn't constitute a scam. They provided the acting services they were paid for, afterall. The pastors who patronized them should be the main targets of the investigation. These guys should be charged as their accomplices.
No court can charge these guys or even the pastor for scam. The pastor never told people to pay for miracles. Tithes and offerings collected at the revivals are "donations", they are not mandatory.
You see people performing all sorts of magic "tricks" in street corners and stages, even in developed countries in the full glare of police officers, and asking for donations thereafter. No body is arrested for scam.
Every Sunday in thousands of churches, people come out to give all sorts of outlandish and fake testimonies. Pastors give incredulous stories of raising the dead after 3 days. In all these noboby has ever been arrested for scam.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by Lastanza: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
iaminspired:

Thank God you said you preach religion but Christianity is RELATIONSHIP, KNOWING GOD AND WHAT HE STANDS for. Phil 3:10-11 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection and may share in his suffering becoming like him in my death and if possible attain the resurrection from the dead.

Catholism preaches heresies. I spent 6years attending a Catholic school, teaching you to pray to Mary. Where is that in the bible, Jesus is our high priest after the order of mechidezik (Hebrews 3) ijohn 3 says if we do sin we have Jesus our advocate (not Mary) to make intercession for us.

You pray to dead saints(i wonder if they dey really are) where is that in the bible.

The Bible is the christain constitution not the Catholic lextionary.

Do you know your pope, your Argentine pope is a member of a sect, THE Jesuit. A group where pope are picked. I have carried research over the years to confirm that Catholicism is just a ploy by the devil to fall and deceive Christians.

Note: not all churches are perfect but I will prefer to attend a Pentecostal church where they pray than being a dummy in church sitting down. A church where the rev father and the church is silent and dead spiritually

But Jesus he is coming back to present himself without spot or winkle or blemish.

Majority of a Catholic Christians are baby Christians, I bet you don't know the meaning.

I have the life of Christ. ZOE
Not even a single like for all dis ur lectures? And at d bolded u fall hand. A Christian spilling dis trash?

2 Likes

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by HMZi: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
The fact that they wr caught proves to me that 'there is GOD ooo'...
its the easiest crime to commit...why? why? wud u fake miracles? u r playing with sometin bigger than u,humans ehn.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by HMZi: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lastanza:

Not even a single like for all dis ur lectures? And at d bolded u fall hand. A Christian spilling dis trash?
most christains wants a pastor who shouts,vibrates then misleads them..its safer being a catholic..just saying
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by otemanuduno: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Tual:

You call the Holy Spirit a scam?
[b]May the almighty God in heaven have mercy on you[/b]and pardon you this grevious sin
The Almighty God isn't offended with me, because he knows that the holy spirit is a big scam on us. May the Almighty God shine his light on your brain so that you might know the truth.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by otemanuduno: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
steveneche:

I witnessed kumuyi's miracle session on Friday last week live in katsina..... I was some how confused wen the ushers were telling the testified what to say. I jst pray those guys are not hired...

Gbam! Oladeegbu, Mrzenographer, Naijadeyhia, Analice07, kingebukasblog, have you heard this also?
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
otemanuduno:

Gbam! Oladeegbu, Mrzenographer, Naijadeyhia, Analice07, kingebukasblog, have you heard this also?

OK

mrZENographer:

I see big miracles in my church "The Lord's Chosen" every service. Don't startle me with your blunt attitude.
Have I not posted here how I carried a 21 years born-muslim-cripple to a February crusade 2016 and he was healed by the "Only good God." What no man could do, he did it and today my convert is walking. grin

Also today "AND THE ENEMIES SUBMITTED" I witnessed so many miracles including a man that was brought blind to church who started see during the instant testimonies section. Please am not among those you can put in your rabbit purse. Biblical miracles are still happening as powerful and mysterious as it was in old times. You can keep running and belching around your rabbit hole or else come and see the mysterious power of God in action. Thank you scorner for reading.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by datzHisGrace: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
Berlyn:
reason y i stopped going to church... too many atrocities angry

Looking for a lame reason to go to HELL. Mrs Holy there are more atrocities committed in various work places why don't u reject employment cos of that. It's only when it comes to church that people come up with silly reasons for not worshipping God. Ptschew

1 Like

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by Jay542(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Seun:

Either ways they get charged.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by iaminspired: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lastanza:

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by wirinet(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
Jay542:

Either ways they get charged.

I still ask, who did they scam and how?
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by bmos(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
jamalnation:

It is a high time alaye should start stoning these misleading sons abd daughters of Satan
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by jamalnation(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
bmos:

It is a high time alaye should start stoning these misleading sons abd daughters of Satan
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by Jay542(m): 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
wirinet:

I still ask, who did they scam and how?
No concrete case sha. I hope they spend weeks in the cell for nothing.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by cg053: 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
Christianity, Christmas, Resurrection and the Bible are world's greatest Scam
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by bezimo(m): 5:14am On Aug 23, 2016
The presence of the fake is an indication that the genuine prophetic grace exist out there.
May God continue to expose the fakes that are out there fleecing innocent people.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by WhatOnEarth: 5:55am On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:
Proudly Catholic.

I was born Catholic and I shall die Catholic.
It's a Church with brains.
It's a Church that believe in the fusion of faith and reason (fides et ratio).
It's that church that would not hire fake miracle syndicate in a bid to increase their number.
It's that Church that will tell you the about religion.

But some would claim to be Bible believing churches; that they only do what is in the bible. And I ask them, did not the book John say that not all things done by Jesus were recorded?

Again, the history of institution started first with oral representation long before things began to be written down. But my Bible believing brethren would take the Bible and discard the source of the bible which is "tradition", product of irrationality.

So, when you hear Catholic employ the Bible and tradition in its teaching, know that they are not doing the wrong thing. And maybe that's why they don't hire fake miracle syndicate.

"Not all who call me Lord lord will enter the kingdom of heaven".

Stay Catholics, and stop leaving in search of miracles. Miracles abound around you if only you would open you eyes.

Brethren, Stop falling prey to these religious industries.....

I would like to quickly add

1 Tim 3. 15 - "f I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."
Even the bible doesn't claim what so-called "bible-believing churches" attribute to it. But they have a hard time believing this part of the bible. Kontinu.

Again, 2 Thess 2.15 - "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter."
Even apostle Paul knew he was just writing "letters." I doubt if he thought that one day they will be on par with the Hebrew scriptures which he knew. For him it was just instructions. His primary mode of teaching was oral. He only wrote letters when he could not be physically present. But my BBCs would not stop to ask if Paul would have wrote the letter to the Corinthians if he was in Corinth. Again I say, Kontinu

1 Like

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 23, 2016
iaminspired:

Thank God you said you preach religion but Christianity is RELATIONSHIP, KNOWING GOD AND WHAT HE STANDS for. Phil 3:10-11 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection and may share in his suffering becoming like him in my death and if possible attain the resurrection from the dead.
1. Catholism preaches heresies. I spent 6years attending a Catholic school, teaching you to pray to Mary. Where is that in the bible, Jesus is our high priest after the order of mechidezik (Hebrews 3) ijohn 3 says if we do sin we have Jesus our advocate (not Mary) to make intercession for us.
2. You pray to dead saints(i wonder if they dey really are) where is that in the bible.
3. The Bible is the christain constitution not the Catholic lextionary.
4. Do you know your pope, your Argentine pope is a member of a sect, THE Jesuit. A group where pope are picked. I have carried research over the years to confirm that Catholicism is just a ploy by the devil to fall and deceive Christians.
Note: not all churches are perfect but I will prefer to attend a Pentecostal church where they pray than being a dummy in church sitting down. A church where the rev father and the church is silent and dead spiritually
But Jesus he is coming back to present himself without spot or winkle or blemish.
Majority of a Catholic Christians are baby Christians, I bet you don't know the meaning.

I would answer your points one after the other.
Point 1
Catholicism is a very rational religion (Fides et oration) because God is reason and man being in the image of God possesses a rational soul and thus is able to reason.
Concerning the Hail Mary, this is the point where you protestants and others abandon all logical reasoning. God is not man, but man is surely like God. If you recall throughout the OT God talks about his relationship to man in terms of family life. He calls Israel his bride. Even in Revelation you see the Church described as a bride.

You know well that if somebody wants something from a man who has good relationship with his mother, that person is better off getting the mother on his/her side. As for the prayers we say in the “Hail Mary” the first part is straight from scripture.

Luke 1.28 - And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Luke 1.42 - And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
And Mary went on to prophesy, in what is called the Magnificat, that from henceforth she will be called Blessed.
Luke 1.48 - Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Don’t you think that every catholic who prays the prayer fulfills that prophecy daily?
For the second part of the Hail Mary.
This debate whether Mary was “mother of God” has been had and laid to rest as early as 431 AD by the council of Ephesus. There Mary was declared to be “Theotokos” – bearer of God to the joy of all Christians. (Read about it. On that day it was like a national carnival in Ephesus). You would argue that only if you’re NOT a Trinitarian Christian.
“Pray for us sinners.” And exactly what is wrong in asking someone to pray for me. I’m sure you ask your pastor to pray for you multiple times. So why is Mary not supposed to be asked for the same? Going further I hope you would not argue with the fact that you’re a sinner. Even Paul wrote that “all have sinned” But mind you, Mary did not sin. That would be for another time.
“Now and at the hour of our death.” If you asked people who’ve had near-death experiences they would tell you that while you’re hale and hearty you think you’re very sure of yourself. But when confronted with death that is when you begin to wonder what lies yonder. Even people you would consider fiery Christians are not immune to the temptations that come at the hour of death, so we need all the help we can afford.
But now you would ask me why go to Mary in the first place. Hope you remember the wedding feast at Cana (John 2). Here Jesus performed his first miracle at his mother’s bidding even against his will. Yea, you heard that right. Go and read the story again. All of us know too well what influence a mother has over her child. If Jesus is to be human at all he would have that soft spot for his mom as well. It’s that simple.
I would quickly add this observation. If I spent six years in school and learnt nothing when there was something for me to learn and the means, who would I blame? Every now and then we hear that students who go to universities here don’t learn anything and we blame them. But when it concerns catholic church, then the church is to be blamed. How’s that for a double standard?

Point 2
The practice of veneration of saints did not start today. It may not be expressly stated in scriptures because there was likely no such thing when the scriptures were penned down. But mind you that Stephen (Acts 6) saw heaven open when he was being stoned to death. It would strike me as odd if after seeing heaven then God sent him somewhere else to go and wait. If you take a look at the book of Revelation you would find that there were many saints in heaven, even while there were still men living on earth. So they may not be all dead after all.

You may not find the practice in the bible. But the bible does NOT tell you to follow only what is written in it. I would be happy if you could produce a bible verse that proves me otherwise. But I can produce at least two bible verse to back up my point.

1 Tim 3.15 – “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the CHURCH of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.”
2 Thess 2.15 – “Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.” Paul was just writing letters because he was not physically present. His primary mode of teaching is oral. It was he who said that “Faith then cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10.17

Point 3
First of all, I’d like to correct you on the ambiguity of your statement. It could mean
a. There is a Christian constitution and it is the bible. Not the catholic lectionary
b. The bible is not a lectionary for Catholics alone.

But my guess is that you mean (a). on that point I answer.
Ever heard of the Spirit leading the church into all truth (John 16.13). Except you mean that the spirit stopped speaking after the last book of the bible was written. Well then, if the constitution is set in the bible, then I guess the Spirit might well take a break. See ya at the wedding feast of the lamb, HS.

All constitutions change. Do you advocate changing the bible as well?
Thus, your bible as the Christian constitution is a nonsense idea.

Point 4
So the Jesuits are a group where popes are picked. Hmmmmm. I tuoyo for you. Pope francis was the first, I repeat, the first Jesuit pope. see it https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/why-the-first-jesuit-pope-is-a-big-deal/2013/03/14/16f701c4-8ced-11e2-adca-74ab31da3399_story.html.
And the Jesuits are not a sect. They're are an order within the church just like we have Dominicans, Augustinians, etc. all serving the same God and Church.

For your last statement, it would shock you to know that you’re deluding yourself for it is written “Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.” (John 6.53). Deal with it.

In conclusion, nothing makes any sense with referencing it to Christ. So I say may the peace of Christ be with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by MrMontella(m): 8:48am On Aug 23, 2016
iaminspired:

Catholism preaches heresies. I spent 6years attending a Catholic school, teaching you to pray to Mary. Where is that in the bible, Jesus is our high priest after the order of mechidezik (Hebrews 3) ijohn 3 says if we do sin we have Jesus our advocate (not Mary) to make intercession for us.

You pray to dead saints(i wonder if they dey really are) where is that in the bible.

The Bible is the christain constitution not the Catholic lextionary.

Do you know your pope, your Argentine pope is a member of a sect, THE Jesuit. A group where pope are picked. I have carried research over the years to confirm that Catholicism is just a ploy by the devil to fall and deceive Christians.

if the catholic church is of the devil..then i can assure u ure are going to hell...
The book u quote from...was given to u by the catholics...
In simpler terms..uve been using a demonic book for prayer...and the devil has just been using u all to play..
I advice u check up how the bible was made and how the books of the bible were chosen from the many accounts(writings/books) in circulation..
But nevertheless...religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by MrMontella(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2016
ifenes:

I do not waste my time/life thinking of how to worship jesus,yahweh etc...deities that were created by the vatican. I have better things to do rather than being a slave.
they dont know how pagan cults were formed those days..
They havent bothered for once to question their silly beliefs

1 Like

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by MrMontella(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Tual:

You call the Holy Spirit a scam?
May the almighty God in heaven have mercy on you and pardon you this grevious sin
instead of praying for him..
Pray that god sends manna to the thousands of children suffering and dying from starvation in africa...
Pray that god eliminates disease causing bacterias in areas where the people there are so poor that they cannot afford their daily bread talk more of affording meds...
Dont be selfish man!

5 Likes

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by MrMontella(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2016
wadetaw202:

Continue fooling yourself.
"A fool says in his heart that there is no God a God and fails to provide evidence of the God
Fixed!!

I pray you will never believe in God until you die.
@bolded...such harsh words from a supposed christ-like being...
Such a selfish prayer from a gullible african..pray for starved children rather..
Well..dont sweat it man..
Satan is already cleaning ur chair in HELL

2 Likes

Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by wadetaw202: 9:15am On Aug 23, 2016
MrMontella:

Fixed!!

@bolded...such harsh words from a supposed christ-like being...
Such a selfish prayer from a gullible african..pray for starved children rather..
Well..dont sweat it man..
Satan is already cleaning ur chair in HELL

So you believe in Satan, but you Dont believe in God? Then you are True Fuul!
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by MrMontella(m): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2016
wadetaw202:

So you believe in Satan, but you Dont believe in God? Then you are True Fuul!
ur level of delusion has acquired top status that a simple sarcastic comment eludes u...
I am not suprised...its a profound trait of ur concrete indoctrination
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by Lastanza: 10:23am On Aug 23, 2016
HMZi:
most christains wants a pastor who shouts,vibrates then misleads them..its safer being a catholic..just saying

And the pastors dare not preach salvation or repentance for fear of losing members. All u here is u are blessed, u are rich etc.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by OfficialAwol(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

1 Tim 3. 15 - "f I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth."
Even the bible doesn't claim what so-called "bible-believing churches" attribute to it. But they have a hard time believing this part of the bible. Kontinu.

Again, 2 Thess 2.15 - "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter."
Even apostle Paul knew he was just writing "letters." I doubt if he thought that one day they will be on par with the Hebrew scriptures which he knew. For him it was just instructions. His primary mode of teaching was oral. He only wrote letters when he could not be physically present. But my BBCs would not stop to ask if Paul would have wrote the letter to the Corinthians if he was in Corinth. Again I say, Kontinu

BBCs.........lols. I think their problem is the fact that they relegate reason and choose their so called FAITH.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by OfficialAwol(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

BBCs.........lols. I think their problem is the fact that they relegate reason and choose their so called FAITH.
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by OfficialAwol(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lastanza:

Lols. He told he made sense. He thought he could fight God.

But like God promised Peter whilst He handed him the authority establishing the church, the gate of hell shall never conquer the church.

Many have tried and failed. Let them still try, who wanna
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by OfficialAwol(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
FelixCulpa:

I would answer your points one after the other.
Point 1
Catholicism is a very rational religion (Fides et oration) because God is reason and man being in the image of God possesses a rational soul and thus is able to reason.
Concerning the Hail Mary, this is the point where you protestants and others abandon all logical reasoning. God is not man, but man is surely like God. If you recall throughout the OT God talks about his relationship to man in terms of family life. He calls Israel his bride. Even in Revelation you see the Church described as a bride.

You know well that if somebody wants something from a man who has good relationship with his mother, that person is better off getting the mother on his/her side. As for the prayers we say in the “Hail Mary” the first part is straight from scripture.

Luke 1.28 - And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Luke 1.42 - And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
And Mary went on to prophesy, in what is called the Magnificat, that from henceforth she will be called Blessed.
Luke 1.48 - Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Don’t you think that every catholic who prays the prayer fulfills that prophecy daily?
For the second part of the Hail Mary.
This debate whether Mary was “mother of God” has been had and laid to rest as early as 431 AD by the council of Ephesus. There Mary was declared to be “Theotokos” – bearer of God to the joy of all Christians. (Read about it. On that day it was like a national carnival in Ephesus). You would argue that only if you’re NOT a Trinitarian Christian.
“Pray for us sinners.” And exactly what is wrong in asking someone to pray for me. I’m sure you ask your pastor to pray for you multiple times. So why is Mary not supposed to be asked for the same? Going further I hope you would not argue with the fact that you’re a sinner. Even Paul wrote that “all have sinned” But mind you, Mary did not sin. That would be for another time.
“Now and at the hour of our death.” If you asked people who’ve had near-death experiences they would tell you that while you’re hale and hearty you think you’re very sure of yourself. But when confronted with death that is when you begin to wonder what lies yonder. Even people you would consider fiery Christians are not immune to the temptations that come at the hour of death, so we need all the help we can afford.
But now you would ask me why go to Mary in the first place. Hope you remember the wedding feast at Cana (John 2). Here Jesus performed his first miracle at his mother’s bidding even against his will. Yea, you heard that right. Go and read the story again. All of us know too well what influence a mother has over her child. If Jesus is to be human at all he would have that soft spot for his mom as well. It’s that simple.
I would quickly add this observation. If I spent six years in school and learnt nothing when there was something for me to learn and the means, who would I blame? Every now and then we hear that students who go to universities here don’t learn anything and we blame them. But when it concerns catholic church, then the church is to be blamed. How’s that for a double standard?

Point 2
The practice of veneration of saints did not start today. It may not be expressly stated in scriptures because there was likely no such thing when the scriptures were penned down. But mind you that Stephen (Acts 6) saw heaven open when he was being stoned to death. It would strike me as odd if after seeing heaven then God sent him somewhere else to go and wait. If you take a look at the book of Revelation you would find that there were many saints in heaven, even while there were still men living on earth. So they may not be all dead after all.

You may not find the practice in the bible. But the bible does NOT tell you to follow only what is written in it. I would be happy if you could produce a bible verse that proves me otherwise. But I can produce at least two bible verse to back up my point.

1 Tim 3.15 – “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the CHURCH of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.”
2 Thess 2.15 – “Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.” Paul was just writing letters because he was not physically present. His primary mode of teaching is oral. It was he who said that “Faith then cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10.17

Point 3
First of all, I’d like to correct you on the ambiguity of your statement. It could mean
a. There is a Christian constitution and it is the bible. Not the catholic lectionary
b. The bible is not a lectionary for Catholics alone.

But my guess is that you mean (a). on that point I answer.
Ever heard of the Spirit leading the church into all truth (John 16.13). Except you mean that the spirit stopped speaking after the last book of the bible was written. Well then, if the constitution is set in the bible, then I guess the Spirit might well take a break. See ya at the wedding feast of the lamb, HS.

All constitutions change. Do you advocate changing the bible as well?
Thus, your bible as the Christian constitution is a nonsense idea.

Point 4
So the Jesuits are a group where popes are picked. Hmmmmm. I tuoyo for you. Pope francis was the first, I repeat, the first Jesuit pope. see it https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/why-the-first-jesuit-pope-is-a-big-deal/2013/03/14/16f701c4-8ced-11e2-adca-74ab31da3399_story.html.
And the Jesuits are not a sect. They're are an order within the church just like we have Dominicans, Augustinians, etc. all serving the same God and Church.

For your last statement, it would shock you to know that you’re deluding yourself for it is written “Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.” (John 6.53). Deal with it.

In conclusion, nothing makes any sense with referencing it to Christ. So I say may the peace of Christ be with you.

Are you a priest? I can bet my balls you are. You just exhausted the whole thing theologically.

I duff my cap, Padre!
Re: Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them by wadetaw202: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
MrMontella:

ur level of delusion has acquired top status that a simple sarcastic comment eludes u...
I am not suprised...its a profound trait of ur concrete indoctrination

Your ranting is meaningless. Answer the simple question: do you believe in Satan or not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Predicted Missing Airasia Flight QZ8501 / Wise Men From Synagogue Church Of All Nations / Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.