Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now (18569 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Dammy68(f): 8:48am On Aug 23, 2016
My dear it is not in all cases. I registered a vehicle when i was in tinubu tax station in 2014 and the owner has been renewing it since then until this year. The owner called me and told me of course I said it is not possible because i am a staff and not a "tout". Going by the normal routine of knowing the problem in order to proffer solution I went to Alausa myself because my integrity is on the line as I register for people outside Lagos and send to them. Then after all verification,going as far as lagos state store to know where the problem lies we found out that lagos state mistakingly produced two number plate and one was giving to Ikeja and the other one to tinubu. As we speak the sienna is the one one Frsc platform while the other owner I am sure if he/she check there platform will surely think it's a fake. And point of correction don't go to Frsc to register your vehicle go to the state board of internal revenue except lagos that uses MVAA. I will let the house know the outcome of our meeting today because it has been resolved that my client will be giving another one to stop the issue at ones. Before you conclude your registration to be fake check your proof of ownership and go to the tax station your vehicle was registered to know the whole truth. As we speak i ask the owner to send a representative to witness this crucial meeting in other to claims other things but he ask me to go on.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by makers360: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2016
Thank you. How can I check DL?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by topsam1(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2016
The response I got is nt even listed in your write up..."Number Plate is valid and assigned to Hyundai
Elegance" am I save with this?? Plz
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by whao: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2016
Vital info, just check mine it's valid on Mbenz
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by MCKGB(f): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for the info
verified
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2016
MrDonfranko:
I drove into one of the police station to obtain the new tinted glass permit, in the process, it was discovered that the plate number of my car is being used by another car. My first question is "How is it possible?" Because I obtained this number from FRSC with all documents intact. I never know the car is going to stay for 12 days in the station.

A file was quickly open and the car became an exhibit. Thank God the car was registered by a very high ranking officer of the FRSC whom was brought to the station. As the investigation was going on, it was discovered that some people were producing these fake and duplicate number plates and giving out to innocent and unsuspicious Nigerian ripping them off their hard earned money.

My question is, should we now go and buy this numbers at a shop in Alaba or at idumota instead of the federal government approved agencies? In the course of my research, I stumbled upon the number plate verification system online. I started verifying cars of friends, church members and even cars that I see on the road. A shocking revelation was made that OUT OF EVERY 10 CARS you see on the road with LAGOS and ABUJA number plates, that at least 4 is FAKE.

You can check your own now.
(1) Go to www.nvisng.org/numberplateverification.aspx
(2) Enter your number in the space provided. Eg "ABC863AP
(3) Click on verify button. Then an information will be displayed below the button. Because FRSC did not want the general public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

Here are some samples:
1. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota highlander on 20/01/2015. If your car is Toyota highlander, then you are lucky its done. But if your car is for instance Toyota Camry and your verification shows the above message, then you are in as me. Solution is to go and re-register your car afresh.

2. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Matrix however the vehicle is yet to be registered..... If your car is Matrix, then just go back to the person that registered your car and tell him/her to complete your registration.

3. This plate number has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assign to any vehicle. It means that they just gave you a number plate that is not even registered in their system. Solution is to go to them to register your car and upload your information.

4. An invalid/wrong number plate. Do I need to explain this, NO.
Verify your car first and sort yourself out with the FRSC before you even proceed to police for tinted permit cos if police are the one to find out, then you know what follows. Many innocent Nigerian are suffering now because of impunity in our institutions
Note: this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB not AB123 ABC.

i just checked mine now and it said my number is valid and registered to a camry? i drive a Lexus Jeep imported from the states i paid the guy 45k to do full registerdation tinted permit adn all, so i dont get why its a camry showing up here?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by francotorti(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2016
verified....
Thanks grin
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Bhonuel: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2016
Hello people, this is pure "FAKE". DO NOT PUT-IN IN YOUR CAR PLATE NUMBER, THE SITE IS AN AVENUE TO COLLECT DETAILS OF ORIGINAL PLATE NUMBERS. THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by lakeside3020(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for the information I just check mine with the link and said VALID

in addition when u are imputing ur number DO NOT PUT SPACE if u put space with will return with invalid

e.g LND100DJ don't write LND 100 DJ

Thanks once again
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by lakeside3020(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2016
xismo:
The link itself is fake, why is it reading all the plate numbers in my neighbourhood wrong and invalid plate number, including my two cars.

not fake,dont put space when u are typing the number write it together,u are good to go

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by babaireti(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2016
This is serious
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by greggng: 11:17am On Aug 23, 2016
My says number plate is valid and assigned to toyota camry. I know my registration is authentic cos of the frsc who did it for me. My advice be careful how you source for ur number. I ve been dealing with my contact for 6yrs now and all I get is quality service. Even those I recommended to her all come back to thank me whenever they receive their original drivers licence and plate number. People will continue to patronise touts cos they want cheap service and the result is embarrassment by the police. Do the right thing and stop patronising criminals that has no integrity or image to protect
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by elasticlala: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2016
I just checked mine & it reads *plate number valid but yetcto be assigned to any vehicle*. I dont want ti agree my number is fake. I bought a car naija used corolla in february 2016 & did full re-registration in lagos. I also got messages from lagos state gov... during & after d regiistration. but I checked d number that the previous owner used, it was assigned to corolla. in any case, I have been using this number since february & I will use it till I stop using d car. I dont have that time jor
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by greggng: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2016
nyben4eva:
The OP is very correct.I had the same problem,all my cars have fake Lagos and Abuja numbers. I couldn't get a tinted permit because of the issue,I had to register all the cars again.The worse part is that the wicked act was done by someone I trusted so much.

When I told him about the problem,he stopped taking my calls,I had no option than to place a curse on Wasiu.Wasiu will never have peace because I know I'm not his only victim.

FRSC don't issue plate numbers,If you want a genuine plate number,go to your state board of internal revenue.

Stop misleading people. I ve been dealing with a trusted frsc woman and all my registration. Plus drivers licence re all okay. She helps me process all that with the relevant agencies and I pay her handsomely for it. Deal with people of integrity.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by stchinedu: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
omogidi234:
Mod na wah! One thread has been in trending since and this one just enter FP straight.
No mind the mod and the op...den think say we no go know? undecided
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by speaktome(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Imagine that Mine is saying invalid/wrong Plate number and i paid 50k for it.

Let me come back from where i am... Am going to arrest Mr Lambert... First was fake custom papers and now fake vehicle registration...

Food for My Barrister!!!

#MySignature #Mybusiness 0

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by MamaletASO: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
Its not real..

Another scam.. be careful lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
This is the hand work of bad eggs in the FRSC ,NPF and Motor licensing authorities, there should be proper sensitization of motorists to avoid this fraud.

Its not the fault of the car owner at all, I dont see why I should go and do a fresh registration if the official responsible for registerig my vehicle is professional incompetent.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Awoofawo(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
PehaKaso:
I think similar threads exist

I actually pot a thread some month back about same topic but you all know howbcrazy the mods here are.........................alway pushing useless threads to fp and encouraging duplication of threads.Lack of self monitoring and topics validating on Nairaland is a big minus!
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by oludarekehinde(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Informative
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by okikiosibodu(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
OP, please am curious...If I buy a car from a friend , can I modify the plte number information to mine? If yes, how do I got about it... thanks for your anticipated outstanding response
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
greggng:

Stop misleading people. I ve been dealing with a trusted frsc woman and all my registration. Plus drivers licence re all okay. She helps me process all that with the relevant agencies and I pay her handsomely for it. Deal with people of integrity.

Wasiu is not an FRSC employee,he's a swindler.After I realised my plate numbers were fake,I went to FRSC to report the matter and they asked me to apply for new plate numbers.After making some enquiries,I realised that the FRSC employees still take your information to board of internal revenue for processing.

If I could walk straight to BIR and get it done, why would I want to deal with a middle man that'll still charge me some fees.I wonder what you mean by "stop misleading people",afterall,the same FRSC employees are agents of fake driver's licences and plate numbers.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by greggng: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
nyben4eva:

Wasiu is not an FRSC employee,he's a swindler.After I realised my plate numbers were fake,I went to FRSC to report the matter and they asked me to apply for new plate numbers.After making some enquiries,I realised that the FRSC employees still take your information to board of internal revenue for processing.

If I could walk straight to BIR and get it done, why would I want to deal with a middle man that'll still charge me some fees.I wonder what you mean by "stop misleading people",afterall,the same FRSC employees are agents of fake driver's licences and plate numbers.

I am sorry for my earlier comment. I was thinking u meant frsc person did it for you. Now I understand is done by a fake person. The person I use was my nebor and a senior road safety officer. She recently moved into her own apartment with the husband. So far she has register over 15 cars for me and gotten drivers licence for all my friends. Everything she does for me is perfect nd I never had course to regret. You re right frsc takes it to other agencies for payment. That I can agree with u. Anyone am helping must come see my place to understand he or she is dealing with a responsible person.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by greggng: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
makers360:
Thank you. How can I check DL?

The best way to know if ur dl is original is simple. You must go for capturing to frsc designated capturing centre. There ur face. Fingers and electronic signature must be taken. Immediately ur temporary dl will be printed out of their computer. With the temporary you ve to wait till 3months b4 ur plastic one is available for pickup. If you ve done all this, you don't need to bother urself if is original or not. Sometimes frsc would stop u and pretend as if what you ve is fake. They re looking for key words like passing vio test, visiting frsc for capturing and collection of the temporary. If you need any help let me know. At vio website it seems you can see provision for dl verification

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
greggng:

I am sorry for my earlier comment. I was thinking u meant frsc person did it for you. Now I understand is done by a fake person. The person I use was my nebor and a senior road safety officer. She recently moved into her own apartment with the husband. So far she has register over 15 cars for me and gotten drivers licence for all my friends. Everything she does for me is perfect nd I never had course to regret. You re right frsc takes it to other agencies for payment. That I can agree with u. Anyone am helping must come see my place to understand he or she is dealing with a responsible person.

Ok
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by pattybf(f): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
okikiosibodu:
OP, please am curious...If I buy a car from a friend , can I modify the plte number information to mine? If yes, how do I got about it... thanks for your anticipated outstanding response

yes u can but only thru a proper change of ownership/reregistration. it means u r replacing d number plate.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by okikiosibodu(m): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
pattybf:

yes u can but only thru a proper change of ownership/reregistration. it means u r replacing d number plate.
No vex sey my questions wan dey too much...can one do it online, or one has to get to their office?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Buchika: 6:29am On Aug 25, 2016
I don't think this is a genuine site,
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by pattybf(f): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2016
okikiosibodu:

No vex sey my questions wan dey too much...can one do it online, or one has to get to their office?

it has to be done at d very station where d vehicle in question was originally registered. so if ur vehicle was not registered in Lagos, u can't get d change of ownership done here.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by makers360: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
greggng:

The best way to know if ur dl is original is simple. You must go for capturing to frsc designated capturing centre. There ur face. Fingers and electronic signature must be taken. Immediately ur temporary dl will be printed out of their computer. With the temporary you ve to wait till 3months b4 ur plastic one is available for pickup. If you ve done all this, you don't need to bother urself if is original or not. Sometimes frsc would stop u and pretend as if what you ve is fake. They re looking for key words like passing vio test, visiting frsc for capturing and collection of the temporary. If you need any help let me know. At vio website it seems you can see provision for dl verification

Thank you
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
is it possible to verify bikes plate number ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / How To Get A Car Loan In Nigeria - A Complete Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.