Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now (18568 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Waspy(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2016
Mine is Valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle.

The issh now is not where to go.....but what to expect.

I bought my car via these autodealers and I paid them for all paperworks. Now this ish is on me.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by GenWOJUOLA(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2016
Assigned to another car that doesnt belong to me. Although mine is actually CB756FST, I just interchanged the CB and FST, abi is that were my problem is coming from NB, my cars a Honda Accord, 2002 model
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by honEmirate(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2016
Just verified mine
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by free2ryhme: 7:27am On Aug 23, 2016
Dapromzy333:
embarassed

Don't worry, you will buy your own car very soon grin
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sniperwolf(m): 7:27am On Aug 23, 2016
Since the Number Plate is attached to my personal information; can the number be transferred to another car after sale
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 23, 2016
The OP is very correct.I had the same problem,all my cars have fake Lagos and Abuja numbers. I couldn't get a tinted permit because of the issue,I had to register all the cars again.The worse part is that the wicked act was done by someone I trusted so much.

When I told him about the problem,he stopped taking my calls,I had no option than to place a curse on Wasiu.Wasiu will never have peace because I know I'm not his only victim.

FRSC don't issue plate numbers,If you want a genuine plate number,go to your state board of internal revenue.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by worldman(m): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2016
I don't know if my own plate number is correct, my car is honda accord. Discussion continue with REG. no JMT 136 RY. It show shows verify assign to accord but no date of registration thanks
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by DesChyko: 7:32am On Aug 23, 2016
Verified cool
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by timbros(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2016
Just verified mine. But the info is vague. ..

Number Plate is valid and assigned to Camry.

Yes my car is a Camry but I expected details to show its 'my Camry' that is verified.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 23, 2016
Just checked and response was Number plate is valid and assigned to Toyota Camry
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by willibounce1(m): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2016
FRSC is as useless as anything I can think of. These guys are bunch of id..iots. I am sure many of them produce these fake numbers and sell it out to people. The only thing they are interested in is giving out useless tickets like touts. FRSC should be held responsible for fake plate numbers. Basta..rd people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by latecoinvest: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for d info.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by xreal: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2016
Na wa for nairaland, how many times does this topic needs to be on the Front Page?

Anyway, information such as this are vital and FP worthy a million times than those End Time stories from Kenya.

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by mykalls(m): 7:54am On Aug 23, 2016
My number plate is in this format AB123ABC registered in 2011. Is there any problem with that?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by johnpaulo(m): 7:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Only in Nigeria
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Stbottle(m): 7:59am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks very much...i just discovered one of our cars had a valid plate number but was not assigned to our car yet...
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by halfcurrent(m): 8:01am On Aug 23, 2016
wailing:

Number Plate is valid and assigned to Corolla. undecided

This is the correct message that shows the reg is valid. It does not show date of registration.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2016
lonelydora:
Ways of short cut are ways of destruction. Do not patronize touts in all your dealings.
where will you go that there's no tout in this country, all of them VIO and FRSC are touts.
I wish the govt will penalise VIO and FRSC for all these, let heads roll.

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Saintp(m): 8:05am On Aug 23, 2016
The same original and fake is still done by FRSC themselves. when they give u fake, they don't remit the money to the govt and they do it often. So you just have to be lucky that you are not getting fake cos there is no way you can know.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:07am On Aug 23, 2016
Stbottle:
Thanks very much...i just discovered one of our cars had a valid plate number but was not assigned to our car yet...
mine too is like that.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2016
mykalls:
My number plate is in this format AB123ABC registered in 2011. Is there any problem with that?
when you come to acquire the number plate in the format ABC123AB, make sure you get it right.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2016
willibounce1:
FRSC is as useless as anything I can think of. These guys are bunch of id..iots. I am sure many of them produce these fake numbers and sell it out to people. The only thing they are interested in is giving out useless tickets like touts. FRSC should be held responsible for fake plate numbers. Basta..rd people.
they sure should be held responsible, govt/efcc should beam their searchlight on them(plus VIO).
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2016
skypeme:
Just checked and response was Number plate is valid and assigned to Toyota Camry
if your car is Toyota Camry, you don't have a problem. otherwise, you know the rest.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by adesanya2014: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2016
I see my car coming in Jesus name . I will give my testimony on Nairaland Amen .

1 Like

Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2016
worldman:
I don't know if my own plate number is correct, my car is honda accord. Discussion continue with REG. no JMT 136 RY. It show shows verify assign to accord but no date of registration thanks
you car is accord, so calm down you are cool.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by xismo(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2016
The link itself is fake, why is it reading all the plate numbers in my neighbourhood wrong and invalid plate number, including my two cars.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by sheddy03: 8:19am On Aug 23, 2016
Waspy:
Mine is Valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle.

The issh now is not where to go.....but what to expect.

I bought my car via these autodealers and I paid them for all paperworks. Now this ish is on me.
same prob as yours.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by pointstores(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2016
ok good
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by papilo90(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2016
Please does this verification method work for the old plate numbers too?
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by Buchika: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2016
Checked mine, "valid but yet to be assigned to any vehicle" who should I go to, the person that got the number for me or FRSC office for proper registration.
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by ogawisdom(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2016
MrDonfranko:
I drove into one of the police station to obtain the new tinted glass permit, in the process, it was discovered that the plate number of my car is being used by another car. My first question is "How is it possible?" Because I obtained this number from FRSC with all documents intact. I never know the car is going to stay for 12 days in the station.

A file was quickly open and the car became an exhibit. Thank God the car was registered by a very high ranking officer of the FRSC whom was brought to the station. As the investigation was going on, it was discovered that some people were producing these fake and duplicate number plates and giving out to innocent and unsuspicious Nigerian ripping them off their hard earned money.

My question is, should we now go and buy this numbers at a shop in Alaba or at idumota instead of the federal government approved agencies? In the course of my research, I stumbled upon the number plate verification system online. I started verifying cars of friends, church members and even cars that I see on the road. A shocking revelation was made that OUT OF EVERY 10 CARS you see on the road with LAGOS and ABUJA number plates, that at least 4 is FAKE.

You can check your own now.
(1) Go to www.nvisng.org/numberplateverification.aspx
(2) Enter your number in the space provided. Eg "ABC863AP
(3) Click on verify button. Then an information will be displayed below the button. Because FRSC did not want the general public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.

Here are some samples:
1. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota highlander on 20/01/2015. If your car is Toyota highlander, then you are lucky its done. But if your car is for instance Toyota Camry and your verification shows the above message, then you are in as me. Solution is to go and re-register your car afresh.

2. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Matrix however the vehicle is yet to be registered..... If your car is Matrix, then just go back to the person that registered your car and tell him/her to complete your registration.

3. This plate number has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assign to any vehicle. It means that they just gave you a number plate that is not even registered in their system. Solution is to go to them to register your car and upload your information.

4. An invalid/wrong number plate. Do I need to explain this, NO.
Verify your car first and sort yourself out with the FRSC before you even proceed to police for tinted permit cos if police are the one to find out, then you know what follows. Many innocent Nigerian are suffering now because of impunity in our institutions
Note: this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB not AB123 ABC.

What of those still using old plate number cheesy
Re: Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now by yomalex(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles / Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / How To Get A Car Loan In Nigeria - A Complete Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.