Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications (49434 Views)

Why Does Nigeria Immigration Hire Contractors To Handle Visa Applications? / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by DanielPop(m): 7:50am On Aug 24, 2016
VERY KEY!

1. Make sure you consider the information you fill in the visa form online before you submit. They will background check each information and will ask you questions on those that don't check out. They will ask for evidence on that score either to verify that you are lying or telling the truth!

2. For every information you fill in the online visa form, ensure to have matching evidence with you at the interview. Separate your documents into - Birth, Education, employment, bank, properties - for easy retrieval at the interview. Use different sticker notes to demarcate them.

3. When asked "where precisely are you going?" DO NOT REPLY - "San Francisco California" Look the officer in the eye and say "12 North Edge Avenue, Scotch Plains, New Jersey" (nor go quote wetin i write here o!) Be sure of the address - memorize it with its ZIP CODE.

4. If they ask "where do you work?", Answer correctly and at the same time, push your complimentary card through the cubicle hole to the officer. It worked for my wife!

5. Be composed and look the officer in the eye when they ask questions. Shifting eyes implies there's something being hidden!

I have never been turned down by the Grace of God because i say it as it is while looking them in the eye. My first experience, the guy who gave me, my wife and son visa never asked for a single document. All submitted online information checked out i presume. He asked for our passport and then asked my son if he enjoyed the last trip to Istanbul. Trust my little parrot na! Shushing him only made the officer laugh and say, "leave him, he's just a kid. I have approved your application" Same geezer that bounced everyone before we stood in front of him. Na Godwin!

3 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by stankezzy: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2016
sanky346:
We waste $10,000,000 trying to migrate to another man's country. At 400/N that is a whooping 4 Billion naira.
40 billion not 4 billion

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by MsFaith: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2016
ooshinibos:

good question ---I don't think anybody knows the answer to your question sir , even you cannot answer your own question , it defies logic

I didn't ask any question sir
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Observant: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Your gamble was a success with U S trust me on this ..visa application process is more transparent with U.K and Canada despite your case.

I know nothing about the UK, And yes you a very correct about my gamble with US. I was actually persuaded to try by my family.
Meanwhile my older brother graduated from a school in Canada and I was sponsored by the person who sponsored his studies few years ago.
If you have seen a Canadian refusal letter, they have over 20 reasons for refusal. I applied three times, the first two times were "insufficient funds to pay for your tuition and living expenses", in both applicstions I provided my sponsors financial and document and made a tuition payment for a semester. I was later advised to include my own personal finance.
So I did, for my third application I included my fixed deposit worth ($10,000), paid off the tuition worth $27,000, included my stock portfolio and bank statements.

Seeing that refusing my application for financial reason would seem stupid, they dug up another reason "purpose of visit". Totally contradicting the two previous reasons for refusal.
I had a nairalander who was in my exactly situation and copied my model to prove financial capability, his own application was approved.

Like I said there is no laid down rules at the American and Canadian embassies.
They are trained to process applicstions like a criminal case where they profile you with simple information from your application, informations you never thought were relevant.
I know this because I investigated my refusals with Canadian embassy by requesting for my case file.
I paid $25 each time to get my refusal case files. That is where you will see notes made by the officer who handled your application.
From mine I was accused of different things, from wanting to join my brother because he relocated to the town where the school i applied to was, to spending more than the required 5yrs to study engineering therefore I was perceived not to be a genuine student.

One even mentioned my parents not having funds to sponsor me despite the fact that my application never mentioned them as sponsor and my sponsor (older sibling) has already sponsored my older brother who did well in school and now work for a company.

The "insufficient fund"was a rouse to through me off balance which they successfully achieved.

If you want transparency in immigration go to the German embassy or Apply to Australia

3 Likes

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Observant:

I know nothing about the UK, And yes you a very correct about my gamble with US. I was actually persuaded to try by my family.
Meanwhile my older brother graduated from a school in Canada and I was sponsored by the person who sponsored his studies few years ago.
If you have seen a Canadian refusal letter, they have over 20 reasons for refusal. I applied three times, the first two times were "insufficient funds to pay for your tuition and living expenses", in both applicstions I provided my sponsors financial and document and made a tuition payment for a semester. I was later advised to include my own personal finance.
So I did, for my third application I included my fixed deposit worth ($10,000), paid off the tuition worth $27,000, included my stock portfolio and bank statements.

Seeing that refusing my application for financial reason would seem stupid, they dug up another reason "purpose of visit". Totally contradicting the two previous reasons for refusal.
I had a nairalander who was in my exactly situation and copied my model to prove financial capability, his own application was approved.

Like I said there is no laid down rules at the American and Canadian embassies.
They are trained to process applicstions like a criminal case where they profile you with simple information from your application, informations you never thought were relevant.
I know this because I investigated my refusals with Canadian embassy by requesting for my case file.
I paid $25 each time to get my refusal case files. That is where you will see notes made by the officer who handled your application.
From mine I was accused of different things, from wanting to join my brother because he relocated to the town where the school i applied to was, to spending more than the required 5yrs to study engineering therefore I was perceived not to be a genuine student.

One even mentioned my parents not having funds to sponsor me despite the fact that my application never mentioned them as sponsor and my sponsor (older sibling) has already sponsored my older brother who did well in school and now work for a company.

The "insufficient fund"was a rouse to through me off balance which they successfully achieved.

If you want transparency in immigration go to the German embassy or Apply to Australia

I guess it was an act of God..maybe God did not want you to go to Canada but my point is I am more pleased with refusal after verifying my documents rather than blind refusal.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Ugosample(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
awelekiti:
You can say that again. America, China, Japan shut their doors for at least, 10 years without travelling out of their countries. During these years, they were busy developing their countries. Now they're among world powers. America will say come, come and live...they will real out various visa programmes. They won't say come and develop our countries for us so you won't suspect that you're going to be enslaved again, but in an advanced manner. And when you get there, you'd be building their economy for them. They'd first say you must not travel to your country of birth for some years. Before you collect you salary, you'd have spent it all, even if your brother or sister is getting married, you dare not step out. They'll set a living standard you'd be struggling to maintain, you and you get hooked eventually and remain their slaves for life. I'm not discouraging anybody from going to America or any of the western countries to live but that's the realities on ground. Before you know it, you're already old and will become less productive with little or nothing left as savings. I stopped putting up at my friend's place each time I visit because instead of them entertaining me, I'd be the one spending. If you want them to stop picking your call,pls tell them to send you just a hundred bucks. No place like home. Nigeria is a fertile soil to those who can look beyond their noses for opportunities.

This is one BIG piece of misinformation.
Who told you that the Chinese/Japanese closed their borders and stayed in their country?

If anything, they travelled abroad en masse to Europe and America (In the case of Japan and China, even India) to gain education, and learn critical skills in I.T. Medicine, Engineering and many other fields, but the KEY DIFFERENCE is that MOST moved home after their studies and some years of experience in the countries they went studying, and the multiplier effect was that they as a group, with support from the locally trained ones created a replica of what they saw in the countries they studied in.

So don't say they locked themselves in to develop, because that did not happen, and lastly, protectionism is FAR different from locking yourself in, or "shutting their borders".

I hope you get the point.

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Observant: 5:24am On Aug 25, 2016
awelekiti:
You can say that again. America, China, Japan shut their doors for at least, 10 years without travelling out of their countries. During these years, they were busy developing their countries. Now they're among world powers. America will say come, come and live...they will real out various visa programmes. They won't say come and develop our countries for us so you won't suspect that you're going to be enslaved again, but in an advanced manner. And when you get there, you'd be building their economy for them. They'd first say you must not travel to your country of birth for some years. Before you collect you salary, you'd have spent it all, even if your brother or sister is getting married, you dare not step out. They'll set a living standard you'd be struggling to maintain, you and you get hooked eventually and remain their slaves for life. I'm not discouraging anybody from going to America or any of the western countries to live but that's the realities on ground. Before you know it, you're already old and will become less productive with little or nothing left as savings. I stopped putting up at my friend's place each time I visit because instead of them entertaining me, I'd be the one spending. If you want them to stop picking your call,pls tell them to send you just a hundred bucks. No place like home. Nigeria is a fertile soil to those who can look beyond their noses for opportunities.

Bro, what will you say about someone who graduatedcfrom a university spent almost 8yrs before he got a job of 100K. Four months after he got the job he left for a North American country, did a 2yrs graduate certificate, got a job $50,000 within 2months after school and Now affords to live comfortably.
Do you think he will agree with you?

Many Nigerians are in this situation as we speak, many people are ready to work but no jobs, many are ready farm but no capital, many are ready to invest but no capital.
Nigeria indeed ranks high in ROI, but then to start live as a young graduate here is very difficult.

1 Like

Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by ashala(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2016
soberdrunk:
When Nigerians who do not have the required qualifications to travel to the US Will still be trying their luck like say nah BET9JA........

Na lie ooo. The decision to grant visa lies solely in the hands of the person interviewing you. They give at their discretion. Once they don't like your face, forget it!. I have seen so many people that had even more than the required qualifications but still were denied.
While walking up to them, they look at you and form their impressions. That is why your gait, confidence and the way you answer their questions matters. They are Psychologists.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by justwise(m): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2016
ashala:

Na lie ooo. The decision to grant visa lies solely in the hands of the person interviewing you. They give at their discretion. Once they don't like your face, forget it!. I have seen so many people that had even more than the required qualifications but still were denied.
While walking up to them, they look at you and form their impressions. That is why your gait, confidence and the way you answer their questions matters. They are Psychologists.

How do you know that?
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by ashala(m): 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
justwise:

How do you know that?

From experience bruv
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
Toks2008:

[s]I guess it was an act of God..maybe God did not want you to go to Canada[/s] but my point is I am more pleased with refusal after verifying my documents rather than blind refusal.

All the best

Please stop saying this. Disappointments aren't the Acts of God. He was denied Period.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2018
justwise:

How do you know that?

Yeah it is true and I'm writing from experience.

When I applied for my U.K visa I was asked to state if I had been denied visa to any country and also state the reasons...

I wrote U.S and wrote that I was denied because their visa application is total gambling as they seldom verify or even asked for documents but only based their decision on generic questions and answers.

I know U.K shares intelligence with United states which is why I purposely wrote that.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2018
Toks2008:

Yeah it is true and I'm writing from experience.

When I applied for my U.K visa I was asked to state if I had been denied visa to any country and also state the reasons...

I wrote U.S and wrote that I was denied because their visa application is total gambling as they seldom verify or even asked for documents but only based their decision on generic questions and answers.

I know U.K shares intelligence with United states which is why I purposely wrote that.

I'm sorry but what you wrote here did not answer the question i asked, you just went on writing about something completely different.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
justwise:

I'm sorry but what you wrote here did not answer the question i asked, you just went on writing about something completely different.

You quoted a post asking how did the person know that the interviewing officers give based on their discretion and not merit and I'm buttressing the poster's point so what don't you understand?

I also wrote based on my experience.
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
Toks2008:

You quoted a post asking how did the person know that the interviewing officers give based on their discretion and not merit and I'm buttressing the poster's point so what don't you understand?

I also wrote based on my experience.

I guess you did not see the area in bold which was where i directed my question, bytheway this was 2yrs ago and you are replying it now?
Re: US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications by Toks2008(m): 12:12am On Jan 27, 2018
justwise:

I guess you did not see the area in bold which was where i directed my question, bytheway this was 2yrs ago and you are replying it now?

lol! someone did mention me which was why I visited the thread. Anyways no wahala. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos) / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.