Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto (49923 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / Top 5 Books By Wole Soyinka: The Tale, The Story And A Must Read / Tale's From FGC Vandeikya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
Papi bribed the gatekeeper of the school and he allowed them leave. He and his acquaintance, Saliu walked confidently into a street after changing into their house wears. Almost every student of Sinclair had a 'spare cloth' hidden in his bag, for the occasions where it calls for. There was nobody to protest their movement, so they confidently strolled into a compound.

Armed with nothing more than a thin piece of metal, Papi picked the lock of a door expertly as Saliu stood behind him, watching, hoping he would be able to learn such neat trick. They were inside the house. It was scattered, bedsheet flung on the ground, plates decorating the rug. True to his word, Papi didn't touch anything. He just dug his hand into his pocket and brought out a letter, which he placed on the bed. Saliu was astounded. Why go through such trouble just to deliver a letter? He minded his business. He looked closely at some pictures hung on the walls. One of them had a little boy smiling. Another had a very beautiful woman, smiling also.

Papi noticed Saliu, and he came closer, he too, looking at the picture with utmost concentration as if his life depended on it. Saliu saw Papi sigh pitifully, full of guilt, and remorse. Somehow, this boy, or the woman, meant something to Papi.

They were almost leaving when Papi said "wait, I don't know her name". Saliu was still in the dark but at least, he now knew that Saliu was here because of the beautiful woman. He ransacked through the room like Smeagol of the Lord of the Rings series, searching for the evil ring. At last, he found it--Saliu didn't know what but, he saw a smile on Papi's face.

They left.

Walking back, Saliu's curiosity couldn't be contained. "Wetin happen just na?" he asked.

Papi looked at Saliu in the eye "Can I trust you?"

Saliu nodded like an obedient lizard.

"I love that woman" Papi said

Saliu jumped excitedly, the words were bread and butter to his ears. It was also a surprise. How can such an intelligent, fine young man, who had almost all the girls of Sinclair clamoring for the tiniest bit of his attention, love a woman? Not a girl, a woman. Papi was quite irritated at Saliu's reaction but he didn't show it. Just a frown.

"How you take know am?" Saliu asked again, showing off his not-so-attractive teeth.

"Why should I tell you anything?" Papi asked coldly, walking faster as he spoke. However, due to Saliu's long legs, he soon caught up with him, whispering in his ears "you be my padi naw".

"It's a long, long story" Papi said

"Ahan--short the story na" Saliu clamoured. The seed had been planted in his heart and with every passing second, he wanted to know more.

"I'll tell you just one thing" Papi said, using his index finger to illustrate his stand.

Sad as Saliu was, he knew if he was unable to get the full gist, 'just one thing' would suffice. After all, half bread is always better than zero cake. He shrugged "What?"

"Her name is Kikelomo" Papi finally said, with a smile on his face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Akposb(m): 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
fikfaknuel:

It helps in a way. However, let me point out the fact that this is not a short story. Every update cannot be captivating. There are high and low points. About the play on words and describing 'irrelevanties' I swear, it is not intentional.

Thanks bro, anywhere you're confused, point it out, and maybe someone will fill you in. I guess the confusion is caused by the unconventional plotting I used in this novel.
Seriously I like this reply, it shows you know what you are doing. I understand the deviation at some point but the reality is that this is a completely unedited book which you are delivering to us. A suggestion though, let every point of description or elaboration be towards advancing the story/plot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Saliu snapped out of memory lane. Whatever Papi had told him was irrelevant to the present. He yawned lazily, stretching his arms to the air. He was somewhat happy--that his grand plan to be the lord of AJ was on. Two of The Man's boys had been struck down. Slowly, he would take the reins. Slowly. He smiled again, dusting off his trousers, then exiting the building, going off to Igbo Field, located at Trinity. It served as a football field in the morning but in the afternoon, under the thick of the sun, jobless men and boys alike trooped in quietly to smoke their brains out.

The Man was agitated. Two of his students were down, and he couldn't place a finger on their deaths. He didn't have any direct rival or whatsoever because his cult was the pioneer academic cult in AJ, started to vanquish lazy students and dummies. However, if 'kasala' burst, he had two guns, who would happy wreck havoc on any adversary. Those men were the ones Saliu met in the Phase two hotel room when he announced the return of Blackie Olokpa.

He was really stressed and needed to think. Whenever he was, he went to the Trinity cemetary. It wasn't so far from his house. When he got there, all he had to do was to write a love letter for the gateman. He wanted to impress his girlfriend who was in secondary school. The Man always wondered what kind of student would date that low life. It had crossed his mind to insult the girl in a letter but then, it would backfire on him and his spot for brainstorming would be no more his.

He was inside the cemetary, on that sunny afternoon but the trees shielded him. He couldn't think quite clearly unlike other times. A funny feeling he had in his tummy. He was sweating. He needed to take a dump. He went deep into the bush and bent down, and did it. While wiping clean his buttocks with dry leaves, he heard voices from the other side. The other side was Igbo field. He adjusted his trousers to his waist and carefully climbed the fence. It was Saliu, talking with other red-eyed men over wraps of marijuana.

Unfortunately, he was seen by Saliu, and immediately he jumped down into the field. One of the men passed him a wrap but he declined. He wasn't a smoker. He just stood in their presence, and they became quiet, it was like they were discussing something earlier and now, they didn't want him to hear.

The men looked tough and he was a boy. Destructive eyes looked at him. The Man looked at Saliu but he evaded eye contact.

However, one gruff-looking man walked to his face, and asked "wetin you dey do here? You be spirit?" All the other men laughed like hyenas, and one could tell that now, their morale had been risen, and it wouldn't end well for The Man if he couldn't find an answer to his query. The Man looked unpertubed even though he was troubled. He ran his eyes over the tough-looking person.

He finally asked him "when will you tell her?"

The person looked disturbed "tell who?"

"Your wife" The Man answered "that you have been sacked at work"

"I know you are married because you have a ring on your fourth finger and you don't seem like the kind of man who fancies jewelry. You are sacked, and for days now, you cannot provide for your family. The bruise on your cheek, it was your wife, right? She hit you with her fist. I know this because a man's punch would be more severe than that.

Your marriage is going through serious trials and you can't bring yourself to tell your wife the truth. I understand. My uncle drank otapiapia because he was sacked just days after being employed. He had quit his previous job and pursued the larger pay. Like I say, I understand"

Surprise was an understatement to describe the look on the older man's face.

"How do you know this?" he asked

"Observation" The Man replied calmly. He was feeling like James Bond. The truth was, he didn't do much. He just had to study the clues on his persona, then connect the dots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by kuldude29(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
this reminds me of d gud old days in Sinclair when we used to bribe d gate man to go out nd play ps 1. we call it "boma" then. example, u dy boma abi grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
The surprised person whose life had just been laid bare before him by this young boy stood aside, awed.

The smoking and random talks continued, and The Man shook hands with all of them, and was walking away until someone in the midst of them wearing a cheap suit ran up to the young boy, and whispered something in his ears. He turned back and smiled, and Saliu, just as the other smokers, were wondering what the fellow must have told the boy that made him smile so. Holding The Man on the shoulder, they approached the smoking spot. The person who had earlier pursued after The Man then spoke

"My name na Mister Akpati. I de work for ANPP" his lips were now the fulcrum of the people's attention. "I been no wan talk before but now, because of this sabi boy, I go talk" the smokers had now suspended their smoking and waited for the talk from this fellow of politics. "ANPP dey find people wey get strong mind, wey go work for dem" Buzz-like sounds could be heard around the circle. The men consulted themselves, nodding their heads as they did.

Mister Akpati put his hand on The Man, and said "Me, I dun choose this smallie, because of him brain. Who wan make money?"

"Wetin we go dey do" a fellow asked

A sly smile formed on Akpati's dark lips. He didn't answer the question though, he looked at the person who asked in a stylistic way. That look paid to you when you are supposed to know something, but don't.

"You be JJC? Na today you start politics matter?" a person who possesed all the features of a thug screamed from behind. All eyes turned backwards and looked at him.

"Na the usual na, you go thief box, cause wahala, go find small pikins wey go vote, burst some kind people head, the usual" the thug-like person explained.

All eyes followed the steps of Mister Akpati as he made his way to where the person who seemed to have an innumerable experience of election malpractice stood. He shook the person and announced to the others.

"Na my second worker be dis"

"Who go work?" he asked again

A hand was raised. Then another. A third. The gruff-looking man who lost his job did too. In a little time, all the hands were raised, including Saliu, who had been quiet all the while.

"Make we meet for here tomorrow. I go yarn una details by then" Mister Akpati said, as he freed the shoulder of The Man from his grip, digging his hand into his pocket, and brought out a bundle of crisp hundred naira notes, and went round, shoving it into each person's hands, the recipients grinned like excited monkeys.

Akpati walked away, knowing he had bought his party a small group of desperate and loyal conformists. He was going to 'yarn' them the details the next day, and he 'oiled' their hands to make them know that he means business.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Missmossy(f): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Keep it coming!!!

3 Likes

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ko ma roll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Freeezzz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
fikfaknuel:
freeezzz
Aye aye sir. Reporting sir. cool
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Freeezzz(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
fikfaknuel:
COPYRIGHT WARNING: This creative work should not be used in any form without due consultation and approval by the author. Email @emmanuelesomnofu@gmail.com.

The unofficial Nigerian ghetto headquarters of Ajegunle is one which is riddled with stories, from different mouths, each telling a unique tale. No body to tell it better than one who stands on the fore front of it all, as I type, someone who I must have seen just bled out in an hospital, he had just been treated by a quack doctor. As I type, somebody I might have touched at the famous boundary market might be having her pants torn off, her sexual organ penetrated by long items that has sworn to inflict pain on any hole it enters.

This might be 18+,but here's a story that needs to be told, and needs to heard by everyone who is blessed enough to possess an ear. This is the story of Ajegunle.

NOTE : Characters are based on real-life people and this story is based on real-life events, this is 100% non-fiction. I'll try to be steady with my updates, if there's good following. Ghost readers, pls comment, don't deny the world this story, by weakening my morale.

Your comments and criticisms are always welcome.
omolola15 na intro i juss read and that demon wey bin dey inside me bin dey tell me say this tory na bam!
cool
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
Waiting for more updates bro...............................
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Freeezzz(m): 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
fikfaknuel, you are really doing a damn good job. And I've got no regret reading to this point. well done sire.
cool

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by debola27(f): 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
following closely
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by kazytoti: 3:43am On Oct 10, 2016
welldone
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
The aftermath of the visit to Saliu's mother brought its mysteries and bond. Suliyat had protested against John returning to his house after he disclosed that he lived alone. It wasn't thoughtful for her to leave him. Not when he wasn't okay. He still looked shaken and was unable to wrap his head around what had transpired in that haunted house. Doomed that no man would enter. He stared blankly at the windscreen. Voodoo did exist, and Orthodox Medicine had so strongly tried to disprove its potency. Now he knew better.

A kiss. Yes he kissed her. He licked his lower lip in relish. She too, seemed to enjoy it. But never to be overconfident of the magnetizing abilities of his lip, he had to try again.

Applying the age-long confirmation test, he placed his hand on her laps. It was warm and soft. John smiled. He knew that Suliyat knew what he was doing. He counted to ten seconds, and she didn't register the tiniest hint of a protest. Suliyat could feel shockwaves surging up and down her body as John's adventurous hand ventured under her gown, making its way to her spot. He slid two fingers in, tickling the walls. She shook, moaning, her hand could barely keep ahold of the steering.

She managed to say, weakly, "John, not here"

He removed his hand, smiling, as she sat upright, her eyes forward, breathing hard, so hard to catch her breath.

In a twenty minutes drive that ensued, none said anything.

Suliyat checked into the hotel and the receptionist, a funny-faced lady looked at John behind, then Suliyat. She smiled like an aged fox. Suliyat knew what ran through her mind. It was only normal. In Nigeria, 'the eye' must be paid to you when you are a lady and venture into a neutral territory with a man.
They both staggered into the room like drunk sailors. Suliyat leaned on the wall and removed her shoes. John walked gracefully to her, as she bent slightly forward, projecting the fullness of her bosoms. He kissed her ferociously, running his left hand down her breasts, tickling her spot with the right. He was a talented man, and as he gently caressed all the delicate parts of her body, his tongue was still in hers, sucking, gently chewing. Suliyat's eyes shut close in ecstasy as she so desperately tried to hold the wall. It provide futile and she held the back of John instead. The possesed man called John, slowly, gently, turned her backwards, facing the wall. Her body shivered as he kissed from her neck to her nape. So occupied were her thoughts, that she didn't feel his hand on her zip. He ran them down, and removed her gown and pant. He gave her buttocks a gentle pat to which it responded, dancing seductively. Suliyat's leg wobbled. She turned, clad in sweat. John drew a pattern of some sorts, with his fingers, around the well shaved area below her navel. He watched her face to get an approval that he was doing it right but Suliyat was nowhere to be found, she said inaudible things, whilst biting her lips, and at times, holding her head like a crazed person. John pushed her to the bed, and she obliged lazily. He knelt at the bed stand, and spread her legs wide open. He licked her navel softly, his left hand stretched, gently pinching and caressing her soft breast. He abandoned that exercise, digging his head between her legs, using his tongue to tickle her clit. Suliyat moaned delicately, it was the most beautiful and passionate music he had ever heard in his life. His trouser was a prison and he was so hard that with a little more pressure, the tool would force a break away.

Suliyat gently stood off the bed and shoved John roughly on it. He looked at her desirous eyes as she smiled intently, packing her hair on one side of her neck. She took calculated steps, with each, her bosoms dangled slowly. She knelt down at the spot John were and like a pro, she unhooked his belt and flung it away. She unzipped the trouser and drew it down to his legs. Still maintaining eye contact, she removed his pants slowly, like how one unwraps a present.

The beast was free. It sprung up and the little eye stared at Suliyat inquisitively, as if it asked "what are you waiting for?"She chuckled in awe of the tool; big, black and thick. Several veins threatened to burst out of it.
She spat on it, gently using her hands to pat it, then faster. John groaned weakly as she did this. She re-adjusted her hair and bent down, licking the head carefully, she licked its sides until it was turning pink then, she led its entirety into her mouth, using it brush all the sides but, her teeth never touched it. Faster she went, as John's groan turned to a weak grunt, his belly felt like butterflies played inside, his knee was weak, and from waist down, he jerked, and in anticipation, Suliyat removed his deek from her mouth but still, pet it with her hand until he let out an exasperated groan and came on her. He breathed like an obese person that had run a marathon.

But, Suliyat was far from done. She cleaned the whitish substance off her hand with a tissue paper. Then she went over to her drawer, and collected something shiny, wrapped in a silver-colored nylon.

"Condom?" John asked, surprised at what such was doing in her hotel room.

"Yes," she replied, flashing a beautiful smile, displaying her flawless set of teeth "I'm a safe player."

She wore back on, her nasty look as she elegantly catwalked to the bed, tearing open the latex condom pack. John's man had become limp so Suliyat had to resurrect it. She rubbed it intensely, then using her mouth to lick it up. Like magic, the once asleep penis sprang up back to life. Suliyat rewarded its compliance by stooping low a little, and using it to thrust through her breasts. It was so soft and pleasurable that John found it hard to remove. However, Suliyat was in control. She inserted the condom into the fully erect deek of John. John's cluelessness was paramount. How on Earth did she learn such bedroom tricks?

As if to throw him into a deeper abyss of confusion but intricate sexomania, Suliyat got on the bed and placed 'her' over the action ready tool. She guided it by her hand and led it to the promised land. It was wet, warm and welcoming. She began bouncing like a playing child and John, lifted his waist, thrusting, to meet her midway. He grabbed breasts with both hands, squeezing gently. Suliyat bent a little as John opened his mouth in a welcome for the melon-sized breast that found its way iNside. He sucked it as if his life depended on it.

"Arrrgh, ooo, J-J-fvck" Suliyat moaned, pulling her hair, bouncing faster than before.

John thrust in deeper, and faster. He groaned, the sweat on their bodies would bathe a cow.

That feeling--in his tummy. He felt it again just that this time, it was stronger. His body felt empty. His thigh shook, his thrusts were slower.

"I'm coming" he groaned

"Me too"she said softly

They both hit climax at the same time. Suliyat rolled onto the bed. She shut her eyes a and opened them. This is reality, but it wasn't really real.

"This won't happen again" she warned calmly.

"I know" John replied, heaving a sigh of satisfaction.

It was an hazy Saturday morning and one of the busiest days of the week in a restaurant. Moji was washing the dishes, whilst his madam sold food to the customers. Moji looked at the hungry people, whose teeth jammed ferociously, crushing the helpless rice as it entered into their mouths. He took interest in a young man who looked at him suspiciously. The young man was stoutly-framed, and had some scars etched on his face; razor scars. Moji put his head down, focusing on the plates he was washing but he could still feel the person's heated gaze on him. He looked up, and the young man's eyes were still fixed on him.

"Idiot, wash those plates joor" his madam, the buka owner screamed at him.

The weird acting person stood up, paid for his food and left but Moji couldn't help wondering why the person looked at him so. He was scared. He had heard tales of how people are kidnapped. He didn't want to be a victim of kidnappers or worse still, of ritualists. Allah would never allow such happen to him.

He continued his work for which he was paid nothing and each morning, the weird person came to the buka and would look at him endlessly. Moji was restless. He wanted to complain to his madam but he knew that a slap would be the reply he would receive.

It wasn't until one day, thursday, whilst he held a rake and was deeply engrossed in the envioronmental sanitation exercise that a person approached from behind. It was the person. The stout person. Moji froze in fear.

"who you be?" he asked, looking around to know if people were present, incase this person tried anything funny. He would scream his lungs out. He felt at least, safe, that some youthful men were closeby, cleaning the environ.

The person coughed terribly, scratching his eyes as he did. It was as red as a failing heart. Moji knew that he was a smoker.

"I wan give you better work" the person said. Moji observed that his voice was thin, like a lady's. However, he was irritated by the person's persistence of looking at him in the eye, whilst licking his lips.

"I no dey work" Moji replied

The stout man nursed an all-knowing smile on his lips.

"I think you'll want to work with me" he said, asserting in English. Moji replied first, with a smile of his own, maybe the person thinks that speaking in English would sway him into saying a 'yes'. Moji dropped the rake and folded his arms into each other, looking well into the person's eyes. His posture suggested that he was ready to listen.

"Your mother. It concerns your mother"

Moji's eyes widened, his thin ears attained the efficiency of a newly wired antenna. The person frowned, he was annoyed by the people around who paid more attention to him than they ever did to a bag of naira notes lying on the floor.

"What about my mother?"

"I won't tell here"

In a second, Moji's eyes had scanned the place. He needed to get away so as to know what this weird fellow knew about his late mother.

He led the way, and the person quickly followed from behind. The poke nosers looked at them and one of the young men cleaning the gutters asked, almost screaming

"Moji, where you dey go?"

The little chap called Moji turned and said to the person with a smile

"Na madam boy"

The stranger frowned at this but the reply seemed to settle the inquisitive looks on everyone's faces. The madam was known to have a thing for young men, usuallyvery younger than her. She had once tried to play her game on Moji but the innocent boy didn't have to resist or do anything, she jumped off his body, saying his penis was like a "small carrot."

Little did they know, that as Moji andx the quite short fellow left the street, it was for good. Moji stopped being a dishwasher, sales boy, part-time cook, and errand boy to the lady. But little did he know too, that some waters are better left untested, undisturbed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
TelleMall
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Tgold1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
Koma roll
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by emmynku(m): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Guy u like suspense sha,please do not over do it.the story is like glue tho.nice work.
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2016
No dull me oooo bro
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 12:22am On Oct 15, 2016
Buh,Fikfaknuel, u no try at all oooo..... why u no give us details of John and suliyat's hot and steamy sex nah

Na dat part gan gan I been dey wait since.
U jst fall my hand undecided
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 4:29am On Oct 15, 2016
ruggedadventure:
Buh,Fikfaknuel, u no try at all oooo..... why u no give us details of John and suliyat's hot and steamy sex nah

You don't know how some people have been on my neck. Claiming sey I just dey describe, describe. But once i'm free today i'll check the plot. If I see a chance to alter it, I will include the scene.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 7:04am On Oct 15, 2016
fikfaknuel:

You don't know how some people have been on my neck. Claiming sey I just dey describe, describe. But once i'm free today i'll check the plot. If I see a chance to alter it, I will include the scene.

Wa gbayii
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by fikfaknuel(f): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2016
ruggedadventure:

Lolzz. You made me take special classes for that.
Check the previous update. It's been MODIFIED.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
fikfaknuel:

Lolzz. You made me take special classes for that.
Check the previous update. It's been MODIFIED.
Lol.... thanks bro
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by ruggedadventure(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by kazytoti: 6:14am On Oct 19, 2016
update
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by IBOGIRL1: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
fikfaknuel:
"Can you guess how old I am?" Papi asked Saliu a question which he, Saliu felt was stupid. But such people like Papi were geniuses, and such people didn't speak stupidly.
Saliu looked at Papi for a long time. He had a mild face, but his eyes were intense, it was like an adult's eyes, one that has seen things innumerable. Papi was also small-statured, but the bones of his body was strong, Saliu could tell. He looked like a person that spent way too much of his time lifting heavy things. He came to a resolution that this person wasn't that old, neither was he a kid. At the time, there were in the second class of Senior Secondary School, and the average age was fifteen, although some had repeated classes more times than they could count and ended up being in SS2, at the ages of 21-23. Saliu sighed, looking at the person that has thrown his mind into such parameters of in-depth thinking.
"19" Saliu finally said, damning if he guessed wrong. The truth was, he didn't really 'damn' the prospect of him guessing wrong. He cared. He wanted to impress Papi. He wanted to become closer to him.
He, Saliu, watched, as the lips of Papi stretched into a smile, like a rubber band does, when children tests the strength. Papi stood up, his head was just below Saliu's chin, which tried so hard to accomodate few strands of hair.
"You're perfect. I know you'll help me"
"How I go take help you?" Saliu asked
"I want to break into a woman's house. No--it's not a break-in. I don't want to steal anything. I just want to drop a-a-" Papi sighed, he was doing a bad job at explaining what he sought to do inside the woman's house "will you help me?"
A smile. Papi was confused; Saliu smiled. "I go follow you"
Papi was astounded at the bravery of this person. How did he know that it was a "follow"?
His surprise and happiness coined into something new-a feeling, an estastic feeling. His chest became lighter. The two boys chatted incessantly as they went to the canteen, where Papi bought agonyi beans and bread for the both of them, as they discussed the details of their break-in, Papi's face turned sad at times, but in one moment, it lit up in a laugh when Saliu suggested rather mischievously, that the bread was as soft as a woman's breast.

Baba you good die.
I live in AJ and I must commend the ease with which you weaved this story and the vivid descriptions of all the key places. I had to login to commend.
I want to meet you if you are still in AJ.

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Samexdx(m): 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Rip to this story embarassed
Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by Matrycx(m): 10:10pm On May 02, 2017
who til dey herre

1 Like

Re: AJEGUNLE : The Tale From The Ghetto by confraternity: 10:47pm On May 15, 2021
w

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Cheating Husband / The Murder Case- A short story / The Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.