Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole (20012 Views)

Organic Layer Solution By: Organicfoods / "Agriculture Is My MMM" -Journalist Says As He Shares Photos Of His Farm Produce / Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Intellad(m): 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
[quote]This write up is rubbish. Agriculture is the solution, it's just been poorly executed. When you get the said cocoa, the key isn't to import it, you are supposed to pass it down through several production cycles. The skin of the plsnt as fertilizer? The seeds sold to local companies to make their own beverages, chocolate etc. Its the solution, it depends on how you exploit it.[/quote keyboard warrior without brain, u sound dumb and plain stupid, those idiots that click like on ur comment are even more foolish than u. congrats bro u got some dumb followers here....

3 Likes

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by watchindelta(m): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
yes correct
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by 2osta(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
The op is right on point. We do everything differently in this country. For example, we have not gotten enough to eat, yet we export food just to gain forex.
AreaFada2:
Food security first.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by solelymade: 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
Seungid1:

Kikikikiki, why is this so funny to me? I guess you did not read that intelligent writeup there. South koreans import food, they hardly practise agriculture, do you know where they are in world economy? We are soooo backward around here, jeeeezzzzz!
Nobody is saying agrisulture is not good for us as a country, but it cannot be what the economy will be solely based on.

Well saying the write up is rubbish is rather too harsh and unkind. But have you ever wondered why South Korea is having sleepless night in that region than all other countries over what North Korea does. They will be most affected in a war situation, no food to keep the population, just a blockade or economic sabotage then half the population become malnourished. Read on Qatar..
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Anthrophile(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
Agriculture is multifaceted and can evolve. These attributes of agriculture have not been exploited by many African farmers. Tepidity i.e contentment with the status quo is what is relegating us in all areas in world affairs.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by BiafraIShere(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
Very interesting expose. I just dey laugh all those making so much noise about agriculture without emphasizing industralization. Thank God the Igbos are pioneering local industralization in places like Aba, Nnewi & Onitsha and churning out thrillions of naira worth of finished goods. The North has been making noise about a useless landmass forgeting that Congo DRC is far larger than Nigeria yet they are still impoverished while Isreal that is a tiny dot on the world map is both a millitary power and agricultural giant! Biafra does not need empty wastelands to be a great country, what we need is a hard working and skillful manpower to make exploits, and I'm happy we are not lagging in those areas. With or without the SS, Biafra will still be a great country!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by oodua1stson: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Before reading the whole content i was very angry but after reading it i see a lot of sense in it

Agricultureis still the only way to move us forward. Imagine Holland , a country that does not have singlebucket of oil make 50× more money than Nigeria through agriculture alone
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by nkemjacob2(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nice comment.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by morbeta(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Brilliant and insightful.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Midumighty(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
I like this.yoruba is always good about thinking wise for solutions.good exposure hope government shud take advantage of it.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by McAustin92(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
how can we be industrious…when there ain't no storage facilities, we lack good packagings,good transportation network, and necessary social infrastructure like averagely stable electricity.which are prerequisite necessary for d growth and development of agro-allied industries,pls come to ado-Ekiti along federal poly Road,you would see a Mechanized silos worth billions of naira constructed by FG like 7 years ago,and nobody is making use of it up till date, so many things are wrong with Naija,I can't even comprehend all this because it's beyond my age...Africa is doomed

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Young109(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
This write up is rubbish. Agriculture is the solution, it's just been poorly executed. When you get the said cocoa, the key isn't to import it, you are supposed to pass it down through several production cycles. The skin of the plsnt as fertilizer? The seeds sold to local companies to make their own beverages, chocolate etc. Its the solution, it depends on how you exploit it.

I'm just wondering how stupid and senseless you are as a person.
What are you saying and what did man say? "Who Agriculture alone don epp"? and he boldly explained it even for a brainless individual like you to comprehend.

Please don't get me wrong, but I'm just thinking if the man wrote rubbish, what should we call you?

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
The person who wrote this has never ever been to a farm, I believe the biggest farm he saw was the garden his grand dad hard many years ago.
When u say who agriculture epp.... It has help Nigeria more than oil did. The federal high ways you see connecting Nigeria today was built with agricultural money, the railway that has decayed today with kilometers of rail laid all over Nigeria was built by agricultural money, the so call abandoned refineries in Nigeria were built with agricultural money, the power stations and dams that has provided electricity for Nigeria and some West African countries were but with agricultural money so I believe u see it has epp people not just who e epp.

Benue state government alone can generate 10 billions dollars or if not more annually. Benue state government alone is capable of having the highest producing juice factory in West Africa. Every year mangoes and oranges of different kinds/species get waste everyday in benue, believe me when I say we consume less than 25% of these fruits. Let's talk about yam, benue produce so much yam that can be export to foreign nations this alone can generate billions of dollars. Who has done his research and is asking, who agriculture epp?

Today I only seek a loan of 700k to start up a pig farm. Believe me pig farming alone can generate more than 2 billions dollars every year for Nigeria. Many country countries today seek pork to import but the shortage for export high.

All I seek for is an angel investor who can help put me on the map of pig farming. If provides with this loan I promise to pay back 1.5 million in two years with delay. All I need is just a loan and I promise to work wonders with it. Nigeria once had d biggest pig farm in African in Kano state and I believe I can become the biggest pig farmer in Africa if funded pls well meaning Nigerians.
I stand to say agriculture will epp me.
08032952157 WhatsApp
Morris
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by goldman777: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
Op i was enjoying ur write up until you lost ur tracks on the topic and went into boxing abeg who boxing help. u brought out d nigerian nature in u.As nigerians we need to be more focused on anything we do and not deviate even u d op deviated from d topic and lost focus on industrializing agriculture to have more impact on the economy on nigeria grin
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Deeldorado: 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
You're very right Mr Kolawole. It is not raw agriculture and farming as the government is thinking that can create jobs, it is in the value chain that we can make the most benefit. The government needs to take the value chain approach to be able to make any meaning of agriculture. Else, every Minister of Agriculture will come and sing his own song and go and nothing will be achieved.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by joenor(m): 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
Man I'm sure as soon I retire, straight to Agriculture.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Ugosample(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
morrizo:
The person who wrote this has never ever been to a farm, I believe the biggest farm he saw was the garden his grand dad hard many years ago.
When u say who agriculture epp.... It has help Nigeria more than oil did. The federal high ways you see connecting Nigeria today was built with agricultural money, the railway that has decayed today with kilometers of rail laid all over Nigeria was built by agricultural money, the so call abandoned refineries in Nigeria were built with agricultural money, the power stations and dams that has provided electricity for Nigeria and some West African countries were but with agricultural money so I believe u see it has epp people not just who e epp.

Benue state government alone can generate 10 billions dollars or if not more annually. Benue state government alone is capable of having the highest producing juice factory in West Africa. Every year mangoes and oranges of different kinds/species get waste everyday in benue, believe me when I say we consume less than 25% of these fruits. Let's talk about yam, benue produce so much yam that can be export to foreign nations this alone can generate billions of dollars. Who has done his research and is asking, who agriculture epp?

Today I only seek a loan of 700k to start up a pig farm. Believe me pig farming alone can generate more than 2 billions dollars every year for Nigeria. Many country countries today seek pork to import but the shortage for export high.

All I seek for is an angel investor who can help put me on the map of pig farming. If provides with this loan I promise to pay back 1.5 million in two years with delay. All I need is just a loan and I promise to work wonders with it. Nigeria once had d biggest pig farm in African in Kano state and I believe I can become the biggest pig farmer in Africa if funded pls well meaning Nigerians.
08032952157 WhatsApp
Morris

you are missing the point.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by g4gerald: 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
Well said, Industries exposes d beauty of Agriculture.
Nigeria today has a lot of herdsmen dat are even terrorizing d country yet Holland is d one making most of d milk we use.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by GoldHorse(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
I actually even didn't read the write up because the caption said it all. You are simply WRONG!

A well fed nation is the right thinking one. Yoruba has a proverb that says you can never think well on an empty stomach.

Do you think what we are practicng in Naija is agriculture?!!! Think again bros. Some people, for example, are already thinking of generating electricity from cassava and the highest cassava producing Nation in the world cannot even produce enough gari.....

IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT AGRICULTURE IS YOU WILL KNOW IT IS THE WAY FOR AFRICA AND NOT ONLY NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Tayeni(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
GoldHorse:
I actually even didn't read the write up because the caption said it all. You are simply WRONG!

A well fed nation is the right thinking one. Yoruba has a proverb that says you can never think well on an empty stomach.

Do you think what we are practicng in Naija is agriculture?!!! Think again bros. Some people, for example, are already thinking of generating electricity from cassava and the highest cassava producing Nation in the world cannot even produce enough gari.....

IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT AGRICULTURE IS YOU WILL KNOW IT IS THE WAY FOR AFRICA AND NOT ONLY NIGERIA.

free yourself from ignorance and stop leading other people into you hole....
you wanted to appear wise without reading.....but you ended up exposing how empty you are.

2 Likes

Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by Tayeni(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
morrizo:

08032952157 WhatsApp
Morris
Maybe you didn't finish the article or you lack basic comprehension skill mr minister of agriculture
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by YalaTech(m): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
Do not miss this opportunity National Agricultural Extension, Research and Liaison Services Recruitment | How to Apply for NAERLS Recruitment 2017 http://officialgist.com.ng/naerls-recruitment-2017/
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by uwajeh(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
You for dey chop sand now. Rubbish.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by otokx(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
oodua1stson:
Before reading the whole content i was very angry but after reading it i see a lot of sense in it

Agricultureis still the only way to move us forward. Imagine Holland , a country that does not have singlebucket of oil make 50× more money than Nigeria through agriculture alone

If as you say Holland has no oil, how come Shell has regional Headquarters there?
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by animalscientist(m): 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
0b100100111:
Would have graduated with a 3rd Class Honors if I could read and assimilate the long epistle.

Can someone please summarize for me in two sentences
what he is trying to say is that you are a dullard
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by 0b100100111: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
animalscientist:

what he is trying to say is that you are a dullard

Re u kidding me? You mean you cant summarize that epistle and you calling me a dullard?

I wont join you in that pigsty
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by udemzyudex(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
This write up is rubbish. Agriculture is the solution, it's just been poorly executed. When you get the said cocoa, the key isn't to import it, you are supposed to pass it down through several production cycles. The skin of the plsnt as fertilizer? The seeds sold to local companies to make their own beverages, chocolate etc. Its the solution, it depends on how you exploit it.

I bet you didn't read the full article, go back and read it again.
Re: Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole by MadCow1: 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2017

Lol... The point the man made is the same thing you just said.

What an idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Highhill Plantain Village Now In The Heart Of Abeokuta, Ogun State *pic* / Akwa Ibom Conclude Plans To Start Exporting Bamboo / Anambra To Supply N300m Rice To Businessmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.