Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why Nigeria Is Better Than American - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Is Better Than American (4767 Views)

Why Nigeria Must Kick France Out Of West Africa. / Anambra Election Will Hold If Nigeria Is Restructured Before October 1 - Kanu / Xenophobic Attacks: Why Nigeria Won't Retaliate Now - Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2016
Hello people, I need your help. I have an assignment to write at least, 100 reasons why Nigeria is better than United States of America. Although, based on what I know, I have been able to come up with some, but considering the fact that I have not been to America, there are certain comparison that I can't make to determine which one is better. I am therefore compelled to seek your input. I know nairaland is full of intelligent people from all across the country and the world. Your exposure, work and access to certain information may be useful here. Kindly help state some of the ways you think Nigeria is better than US. Thanks
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2016
No one is better, they are both the same sad undecided
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by Ofemmanu1: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2016
1. In Nigeria, you can start a bussiness by displaying your good right infront of your home but, it's a crime in US.
2. In Nigeria, if your wife turned a hoe, you'd send her parking but, in US; she send you out.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 11:42am On Aug 24, 2016
I would appreciate if the admin can help move the post to front page. Thanks
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by londoner: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2016
Ofemnanu....do you live in the states or have you been there? Your comment just sounds like something someone who has never been would say.

Your wife can't send you our of the house because she becomes a prostitute.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by orisa37: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria is indigenous and amenable to improvements. America is cowboyish and saturated.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by ckmayoca: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
1. In Nigeria if a handy individual is fixing something for u in ur house and he gets injured, the hospital will make u pay his bills because u allowed someone who is not insured handle ur job. But for naija the handy man is on his own.

2. If ur hit someone crossing a junction where the traffic like is showing green for motorist, the person driving the car may sue the person he knocked down but in naija na the person knocked down go sue the driver.

3. Over there u don't throw a party opp ur house and fix speaker, here u can even block the road opp ur house.

4. Here u can slap person and even wait for police to arrive and nothing will happen but there na jailing for assault oh.

5. Here he hard to marry without the family consent but there e no concern anybody and if una wahala start make una no involve anybody.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by agwom(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
ckmayoca:
1. In Nigeria if a handy individual is fixing something for u in ur house and he gets injured, the hospital will make u pay his bills because u allowed someone who is not insured handle ur job. But for naija the handy man is on his own.
2. If ur hit someone crossing a junction where the traffic like is showing green for motorist, the person driving the car may sue the person he knocked down but in naija na the person knocked down go sue the driver.
3. Over there u don't throw a party opp ur house and fix speaker, here u can even block the road opp ur house.
4. Here u can slap person and even wait for police to arrive and nothing will happen but there na jailing for assault oh.
5. Here he hard to marry without the family consent but there e no concern anybody and if una wahala start make una no involve anybody.
that's funny, but not the subject. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
orisa37:
Nigeria is indigenous and amenable to improvements. America is cowboyish and saturated.
how does that relate to the subject
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by oyinkinola: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
op you can have everything free of charge in Nigeria but in America allis morney!
you eat, iyan,amala, eba, fufu, lafun, ikokore, asaro, ewa, fura, eko mimu, eko tutu, olele, akara, robo, epa, robo egesi, kulikuli,akara kangun, akara,ojojo, jogi, iro,esuru, isu, paki sise, paki tutu, koko, anama etc etc..
soup: okro, efo oosun, efo odo, ewuro, ajefowo, ebolo, tete, efo ogboo, efo ogunmo,ila ire, ila iroko, iroko-ijebu gure, amunu tutu, ilasa, ewedu etc etc ....
egusi igba, egesi itoo, egusi bara, egusi iroko etc etc .... fowose, epo ibolo,epo fifo, ikete, ori....
awusa,.....
let me stop here now! all these and many, if you see it in America, it was imported there!
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
londoner:
Ofemnanu....do you live in the states or have you been there? Your comment just sounds like something someone who has never been would say.
Your wife can't send you our of the house because she becomes a prostitute.
please, can you give the true situation?
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by sunnykalu125(m): 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
Here in naija,you can steal billions of naira,you are walking free man as you can buy the judge.
In america you sentenced to 25 years if you are caught stealing public funds
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
sunnykalu125:
Here in naija,you can steal billions of naira,you are walking free man as you can buy the judge.
In america you sentenced to 25 years if you are caught stealing public funds
are you not part of the people who often shout witch hunt when they are being processed to go to jail?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by MPSA(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
mrrights:
Hello people, I need your help. I have an assignment to write at least, 100 reasons why Nigeria is better than United States of America. Although, based on what I know, I have been able to come up with some, but considering the fact that I have not been to America, there are certain comparison that I can't make to determine which one is better. I am therefore compelled to seek your input. I know nairaland is full of intelligent people from all across the country and the world. Your exposure, work and access to certain information may be useful here. Kindly help state some of the ways you think Nigeria is better than US. Thanks

Write this if you want to pass your assignment with 100%:"Nigeria will never be better than america,even after 1000years from now". Your teacher will see that: "You are brilliant, he/she can't fool you with the topics like this one, and the giant of africa anymore". grin If you are mumu's grin you will stress yourself with that 100 reasons. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
MPSA:

Write this if you want to pass your assignment with 100%:"Nigeria will never be better than america,even after 1000years from now". You teacher will see that: "You are brilliant, he/she can't fool you with the topics like this one and the giant of africa anymore". grin
are you saying even your own life cannot be better?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by MPSA(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
mrrights:
are you saying even your own life cannot be better?

I don't understand your point, What I am trying to say is:" AMERICA and nigeria aren't at the same level, you can't compare the two". At least if he/she compare nigeria with kenya or any other small country grin not america grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
If you don't know what to say, why don't you just keep quiet? And for the records, there is no comparison because in the real sense, no one country can be compared to the other. I think your lack of exposure is the major problem, if not, you would have known that, while the USA maybe better than Nigeria in some ways, Nigeria is also better than USA in many other ways.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by MPSA(m): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
mrrights:
If you don't know what to say, why don't you just keep quiet? And for the records, there is no comparison because in the real sense, no one country can be compared to the other. I think your lack of exposure is the major problem, if not, you would have known that, while the USA maybe better than Nigeria in some ways, Nigeria is also better than USA in many other ways.

Why you ask the people if you know ''nigeria is better than USA in many ways''? grin, For me! I thought you ask this question because you are aware there is nothing like that comparison, but you can answer that question with naija style, no problem grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by babyfaceafrica: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lmao
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by RealJaneDoe: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
be deceiving yourself..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by otitokoroleti: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
DUMB OP, LMFAO

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by thedarkside: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
op,you are wasting your tiem..

90&%sters whorship america..

what makes you think they will help you by your essay??....

walahi,,,even a homeless american can help you better than nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by MPSA(m): 5:38am On Aug 25, 2016
thedarkside:

No one is ""worshiping america"" here, the truth is:"Nigeria isn't better than america, obvious the heading of the topic it has no meaning to normal people". grin
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by agwom(m): 5:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Nigeria is the greatest!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by MPSA(m): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2016
agwom:
Nigeria is the greatest!

Ooooh Please! Come on, something isn't right with your head. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:18am On Aug 25, 2016
In naija u can piss anywhere u like, no qualms.

To poo though, u need to be more strategic, but yeah, u can poo almost anywhere in public too.

So hop on a plane to Nigeria and relieve all that stress bottled up inside

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by MPSA(m): 7:21am On Aug 25, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
In naija u can piss anywhere u like, no qualms.

To poo though, u need to be more strategic, but yeah, u can poo almost anywhere in public too.

So hop on a plane to Nigeria and relieve all that stress bottled up inside
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by Histrings08(m): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2016
Pfft
Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by NaijainTexas: 11:53am On Aug 25, 2016
OP, I can help. I live in the States and although I do agree America has more privileges than Nigeria, there are a host of things where Naija takes the gold.

-Culture. Here in the US, there is a lack of culture amongst groups of native Americans in the sense of tradition. Most of its culture/tradition are brought by immigrants from all over the world that try to emulate their traditions here. For instance, even when we try, traditional weddings aren't even as authentic as when we're in Naija. The longer we stay in the US, the more our cultures fade off. I don't know the last time I have seen my Yoruba friends bow to greet their elders as I was used to in Naija. Even children talk back and disrespect their elders here.

-Less fresh food - America is all about mass producing food, so if they have to make fake food to create more of it they will. A lot of foods here have preservatives, even the animals have been genetically modified to produce more of it. This causes obesity and increases in illness such as cancer. Fresher food costs way more money, so most just stick to cheaper, more convenient options. Most things here are processed and packaged. At least in Naija, the fish, goat, chicken, cow etc were killed just recently and I am getting fresh meat. Here, do I know when this chicken was killed, or if it died from something else? All I know is is costs $5.99 and it tastes very..different than fresh meat like in Naija. I also miss a lot of the tropical fruits. Most of your favorites you cannot get here.

-Racism due to skin color - At least in Naija, i can expect some sort of tribal discrimination amongst people, but here, you can expect that, racial, class, gender, age...etc discrimination. I dont usually fear not getting considered for a job in Naija because I am black. I had to hurry and get rid of my accent when I was younger because I was getting insulted by children and judged by adults. I know we complain about cops in Naija stopping and asking for money, but here in the States, if you're black and have been stopped by cops, be careful of making sudden movements. Some people will be stopped for traffic violation but end up dead at the end of the confrontation. A lot of times, the officer isn't even held accountable for it. Read up on what has been happening here. That little harassment by the police on the Lekki roundabout doesn't seem so bad now does it?

-Black men treat their black women better/respect them more than in America. Only here will you have a fellow black man compare you to another race and bash you. There's a trust and tension between Black American men and women

-Richness of land. - The soil, the nature, the raw products that are in Nigeria...chai, should make our country the world's richest. For some reason though, we look to other countries to supply us with things. It is a shame. Shea butter easily made one the streets in its purest form in Naija costs SO MUCH here. Why do you think whites, Asians and Lebanese etc are flocking there? We need to wise up and harness our raw goods for export. Also, our people are VERY skilled, talented and creative, other races are hip to this and are making money off Naija.

-Education - Google this, "Nigerians most educated in the US" - For YEARS this has been the case. Even in my city of Houston. Nigerians, everywhere they go value education so much because they know it is the key to success. I think the somewhat spoiled nature of Americans, education can be taken for granted. Do you know how shocked I was when I came here and saw students NOT wanting to go to school, skipping school, rejecting college etc and understand school until college here is FREE!!! Nigerians value education and its benefits have proven itself here in the States. Nigeria inspires you to hustle, work hard and never give up despite your circumstances.

- The cold cold Winters - i can't speak for everyone else, but let me tell you, winter cold feels miserable. A lot of people have learned to deal with it, but when we moved here, it was difficult and I still haven't gotten used to it. The cold is bitingly painful even if you're bundled up. It affects travel (when it snows) and people don't like being social. I cannot stand the cold and I appreciate Naija for not having it.

-Expense of beauty/upkeep - For women especially, getting your hair done, makeup, clothes are FAR more expensive here. When I was recently in Naija in June, I paid the equivalent of $40 to do senegalese twists and that was even with me giving tip! They felt so badly asking me to pay N7k. DO you know the same style, and not even half as good here would cost upward of $250-$300. God forbid. I am so serious though. Let's not even get on the costs of fabric. There are so many skilled tailors to make custom clothing in Nigeria, thats why' so many men and women wear traditional wear. Here, mschew, their skill is not even up to par and they will charge you so much for sewing clothes.

-Work/Life Balance - Truly, a big thing that we deal with here in the States is the culture of work work work. You can be making good money, but you work ALL the time and have little time to enjoy your home and possessions. Google and read up on the 'culture of work in America'. Most other countries have more holidays, more paid time off, more leisure. Yes you see on social media what seems like everyone is enjoying, but everyone is working working non-stop despite your class. The culture here is to go to school, get a job and work work work for someone else and retire.

These are just a few, if you need more I can think up some. Just that I need to get some sleep now so I can wake up and go to work work work for someone else where they likely pay me less than my white counterparts, only because I'm black, just so I can afford to pay all these taxes and buy processed food that will make me sick in a few years.

Lol, but let's keep it real, despite all I've listed here, there are lots of advantages, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Hope this helps with your assignment.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
MPSA:

Why you ask the people if you know ''nigeria is better than USA in many ways''? grin, For me! I thought you ask this question because you are aware there is nothing like that comparison, but you can answer that question with naija style, no problem grin
bro, no vex oo, just keep drinking your garri. Obviously, you live in Hollywood, if not, you would have known how wrong you are. I can bet you that you are very ignorant about Nigeria, not talk of USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Better Than American by mrrights: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
thedarkside:

I tell you, ignorance is a very big disease.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News:"i Will Never Fund Security Again"--- Wike / See How Patrick Obahiagbon Described Fayose 4 Not Allowing DSS Arrest Suleman(pi / ''president Buhari Is Suffering From Dementia, May Die Of Complications'-doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.