Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers (28546 Views)

Lady Names Her Dog After Hushpuppi, See The Striking Resemblance / No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers / No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person — Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by BlackSeptember: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
sexychocho:
Hmmmmmmmm

Let d sleeping dog lie

To be sincere Y shud he name his dog Buhari, itz highly disrespectful and uncalled for

According to wat one of d lawyers said dat sumone can be punished if u name a dog after ur neighbour whom u r fighting, therefore itz so glaring dat Some Nigerians r not hapi with Buhari and it may be felt dat d guy intentionally named d dog buhari to tarnish Buhari's image.

Y do sum Nigerians like implicating themselves wen u knw u can be in trouble.
Y not Stay away from troubles and live in peace

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Fellywood(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
admax:
The more i see this dog-naming news, the more disgusted i get.

E.g - No one will ever arrest Ali-Baba for naming his dog Buhari but once it's a commoner, the police will be motivated to arrest such person, you know why? They know the rich dude knows his rights and influencial people but a poor man can't know his right, even if he does, wouldnt be able to afford a good lawyer.

May Gani Fawenhinmi continue to rest in peace!
God bless you bro. Help would have still been available had some not turned EKPA like Keyamo

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Henrichemeka(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria is now zimbabwe
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by sexychocho(f): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
ebenholer:

You are giving these so called leaders too much attention, that is why they fail to live above expectation. I don't think Buhari alone bears the name through out nigeria, why can't others even all those who bear the name rise up to challenge the man in the law suite. Above all, the action of the man who named the dog is not Christ-like if done out of hatred for nigeria president or his neighbors.

Itz not about giving d leaders any attention but to me itz just so wrong.
Y Buhari? Some problems just nid to be avoided. If he rily loves d dog , Y can't he name d dog after his own name?
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebenholer(m): 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
mayoor15:
Not supporting anyone here but imagine your name is demilade, your neighbour named his dog demilade, your friends came to visit you and you are all chilling outside then your neighbour came back home and calls demilade, only for you to answer him then he said he was referring to his dog, how will you feel, or he even did it in front of your girlfriend....Think there is freedom of speech, expression blah blah blah but there should still be common sense in what we do
Bros it was all a falsehood framework by the police, it could not be proved he actually had a quarrel with his neighbors, but if that was actually true, the man has done really bad and that is an evil act under Christianity he assumed he belongs, but that does not give the purported neighbors' right to be violent in return or to pay evil with evil.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Agriman(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
PASCALSILVA:
smiley...Bleep MAN ..WHY ARE THEY CALLED PET THEN..IF I BUY MY GERMAN DOG .AM PLANNING TO BUY TAKE ME TO COURT FOR NAMING IT..AGRIMANsmiley..THANK U
Giving agriman as a name to your poor German dog is not enough, give the dog the best name that you can give your baby
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by easyhacq(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

No more forms oh!
Even photocopy sef, e no dey.
Oga you go find one for me, even if na forge this buhari matter don tire me
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebenholer(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hmmm
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Ofemmanu1: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
grin grin grin

Buhari is a bastard Chimpanzee
Bubu be like; If i catch you ehn, biabia go pity you.

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by sexychocho(f): 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
BoneTackle:
little girl please shut up

a dog was named obama heaven did not fall

We have dogs with names such as Jack, Billy, Dolly, Tom, Aaron

Even ugly obasanjo named a chimpanzee Patience after the former first lady

There was another fool who named his goat Jonathan, we didnt see any trouble anywhere.

so why would naming a dog buhari be any different and cause trouble. Who the hell is Buhari that he cannot be insultred? Infact its even an insult to the dog to be called bohari, because even non-living things such as a stone is even more reasonable than buhari

Days ago awusa/foolanis murdered 8 persons, these are the kinds of senseless troubles any reason human should condemn and not very trivial issues such as dog naming.

Nonsense!

I think I will appreciate u dnt just address pple anyhow
Can't u make ur point without insults
Talk to pple like sumone who is well brought up.
Dnt eva address me d way u just did
Peace
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by BoneTackle: 3:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

Election Observer.. grin

This has nothing to do with tyranny.. I am sure the Presidency did not sanction this Man's arrest. He fhucked up. Probably for a laugh and out of ignorance.

Sadly, not all foolishness goes without repercussion.

We are not fools not to know that someone ordered his re-arrest and detention after his earlier release

whta ignorance? His right to name his pet?, or that a foreigner from Niger republic reported him to the police in connivance with a hausa(musa)?

What about goat and chimpanzee named jonathan and Patience respectively keep supporting this autocratic government. Be rest assured that one day, one day surely the hunter will become the hunted. Nothing lasts forever. Just kwantinuuu

Nuff said

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Ofemmanu1: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
easyhacq:
Oga you go find one for me, even if na forge this buhari matter don tire me
bubu be like; Una nefa shee shomptin walahi!
No Forms.
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by neocortex: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
9jatatafo:
Naming a pet after anyone is no criminal offence but what the man who named his dog the name he chose under the prevailing condition was bad. He had a quarrel with a northerner and the name of the northerner is what the accused person chose to name his pet, we learnt that he went to the extent of writing the name on both sides of the pet. The problem is, the community they both live is populated by northerners and this could incite the northerners into violence knowing very well how volatile these people are. The court could find him guilty of "INCITEMENT" and BREACHING OF PUBLIC PEACE. He has to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt knowing fully well that facts win cases and not truth.

Get your facts right , the name of the northerner is not Buhari,
here is the accusers name according to premiumtimes :

premiumtimes: The neighbour, who police identified as Halilu Umar

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208945-police-aig-summons-case-files-man-named-dog-buhari.html

Now let us even agree that his father's name is "Alhaji Buhari as he claimed,
how many friendly neighbours are aware of ones surname let alone an unfriendly
neighbour knowing the alternate surname of ones father ?
It is not as if they are colleague in a office where the surnames could be obtained
though with difficulty.

Since the main target of the naming "Alhaji Buhari" has not come forward, I am
tempted to say that he doesn't exist and Halilu Umar is just trying to even the
score with Iroko.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
BoneTackle:
We are not fools not to know that someone ordered his re-arrest and detention after his earlier release

whta ignorance? His right to name his pet?, or that a foreigner from Niger republic reported him to the police in connivance with a hausa(musa)?

What about goat and chimpanzee named jonathan and Patience respectively keep supporting this autocratic government. Be rest assured that one day, one day surely the hunter will become the hunted. Nothing lasts forever. Just kwantinuuu

Nuff said

First of all, a foreigner has rights as long as he is legally in the country (even if he is illegally here, he still reserves some rights).

Like the Lawyer in the article pointed out (and I also have severally), the Man's offence is not naming his Dog Buhari.. Go and read the main article again (atleast its from a Lawyer).

The law does not deal on your sentiments my friend.
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by leofab(f): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
tigerclaws:

cheiii grin
that Olao(is really)la(c)king
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by 9jatatafo(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
Alexgeneration:
Pls what is breach of public peace? You can help yourself by looking out for the supreme court's interpretation and also consider Section 36(12) CFRN. Thank You

In this instance, the inscription of that name on the dog in a community mostly populated by abo.kis could be in choas. The accused was disrespectful because he had a quarrel with a man and in turned inscribed the man's name on his pet. Remove sentiments
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by easyhacq(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
bubu be like; Una nefa shee shomptin walahi! No Forms.
LOL
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebenholer(m): 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
sexychocho:

Itz not about giving d leaders any attention but to me itz just so wrong.
Y Buhari? Some problems just nid to be avoided. If he rily loves d dog , Y can't he name d drug after his own name?
I will never justify the action of the man if it was done out of hatred. I don't want to assume he did it out of hatred, but if it was true, it is an evil act, and his neighbors has done worse by trying reacting in an evil way in return. Nigerians are so religious but can as well easily lost their ground under prevailing circumstances.
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by 9jatatafo(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
neocortex:

Get your facts right , the name of the northerner is not Buhari,
here is the accusers name according to premiumtimes :

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208945-police-aig-summons-case-files-man-named-dog-buhari.html

Now let us even agree that his father's name is "Alhaji Buhari as he claimed,
how many friendly neighbours are aware of ones surname let alone an unfriendly
neighbour knowing the alternate surname of ones father ?
It is not as if they are colleague in a office where the surnames could be obtained
though with difficulty.

Since the main target of the naming "Alhaji Buhari" has not come forward, I am
tempted to say that he doesn't exist and Halilu Umar is just trying to even the
score with Iroko.

He already said his father's name is Buhari and the court will also look into it if it is his father's name or not. There will be series of cross examinations
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by BoneTackle: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
sexychocho:

I think I will appreciate u dnt just address pple anyhow
Talk to pple like sumone dat has elder ones @home.
Dnt eva address me d way u just did
Peace
If i did @bolded, can you handle me? lol

Okay after your warning what else? did you address any of the points or observations i made??

Anyways, learn not to apply double standard and be more logical in reasoning. That we want peace doesnt mean a particular people should always be tolerated whether or not they are in the wrong, simply because they are known to be violent in nature

...and have it at the back of mind that peace doesnt come cheap

Good day!

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ideykwum: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeew.. He named, shaved the name into the side and then paraded the Dog for all to see. angry

That Nigga should get atleast 6 Months in Prison.. angry

Quote me and get double Ibi.. angry

He was alleged to have done so!! The burden of proof is on the police.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebenholer(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2016
BoneTackle:

Nuff said
That re-arrest has automatically worsened the situation, and lowered my confidence in these present government below average. It has made me believed that we are still under tyrant government who will be busy working for personal or sectional benefits. Why must we continue to have a failing government in this nation.

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
ideykwum:

He was alleged to have done so!! The burden of proof is on the police.

Finally..

The truth is that proving their case would boil down to witness statements.. (Not just that of the accuser especially if they have previous beef).
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by neocortex: 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

He already said his father's name is Buhari and the court will also look into it if it is his father's name or not. There will be series of cross examinations

Also whether the defendant is aware of the existence of his father
and if the defendant knew that his father's name is "Alhaji Buhari"

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by 9jatatafo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
neocortex:

Also whether the defendant is aware of the existence of his father
and if the defendant knew that his father's name is "Alhaji Buhari"

I think we should wait and see what happens at the end of the drama. This case is complicated and interesting.

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by BoneTackle: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

First of all, a foreigner has rights as long as he is legally in the country (even if he is illegally here, he still reserves some rights).

Like the Lawyer in the article pointed out (and I also have severally), the Man's offence is not naming his Dog Buhari.. Go and read the main article again (atleast its from a Lawyer).

The law does not deal on your sentiments my friend.
No need to pretend here my brother, can you detach sentiment from anything in nigeria, especially at this perilous times in our national history.

:"The law does not deal on my sentiment", but it deals on buharis sentiments as we all can testify on Nnamdi Kanu and Dasukis bail grants isnt it?

Now if this logic of your isnt flawed and sentimental, i dont know how else to describe it.

This is my problem with most of buhari supporters, its a pity

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by sexychocho(f): 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
BoneTackle:
If i did @bolded, can you handle me? lol

Okay after your warning what else? did you address any of the points or observations i made??

Anyways, learn not to apply double standard and be more logical in reasoning. That we want peace doesnt mean a particular people should always be tolerated whether or not they are in the wrong, simply because they are known to be violent in nature

...and have it at the back of mind that peace doesnt come cheap

Good day!
I knw ur type and wnt be surprised anymore

Can even see how myopic ur reasonings are.
Just kip off coz am not a violent type like u
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by BoneTackle: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
ebenholer:

That re-arrest has automatically worsened the situation, and lowered my confidence in these present government below average. It has made me believed that we are still under tyrant government who will be busy working for personal or sectional benefits. Why must we continue to have a failing government in this nation.
True!

Its only a FOOL that wouldnt see buharis hand in the re-arrest of that innocent man, and his zombies will continue to defend him sheepishly and blindly.

Well like we say in Igbo parlance "o dighi adi gide"

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by BoneTackle: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
sexychocho:

I knw ur type and wnt be surprised anymore

Can even see how myopic ur reasonings are.
Just kip off coz am not a violent type like u
myopic should apply aptly to you..

...and violent to the barbaric awusa/foolanis on killing spree across the country

Again, not even an attempt to make any meaningful point to the subject of discourse

You'll rather attempt a jibe at me

That makes you more dense and silly than i earlier imagined. I thought you had an ounce of brain, hence my being nice with my previous comment

Just fvck of my mentions already, i dont entertain iddiots

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by pacesetter247(f): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Let's be realistic. The sooner we realize that we are gradually sliding into tyranny and dictatorship, the better for us. I have asked several lawyers if there is any case against this man who named his dog Buhari and I have clearly been told severally there is no case. I see no reason why this man should be re-arrested. I wish to state that if this man is to be tried, then the man who named his goat Jonathan and the other who named his pet Okowa be arrested.

However, all things are lawful but not all things are expedient says Apostle Paul. Let us be wise.#istandwiththetruth

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
BoneTackle:
No need to pretend here my brother, can you detach sentiment from anything in nigeria, especially at this perilous times in our national history.

:"The law does not deal on my sentiment", but it deals on buharis sentiments as we all can testify on Nnamdi Kanu and Dasukis bail grants isnt it?

Now if this logic of your isnt flawed and sentimental, i dont know how else to describe it.

This is my problem with most of buhari supporters, its a pity

Pfft...
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by dotedote: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
9ja av lost sense of reasoning along the way cos why would people be intentionally taking the Alhaji Buhari in this case to be PMB just cause of the moment of hunger they are going through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shows Off His Beautiful Puppies. (photos) / Help Me Rate These GSD / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.