Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers (28547 Views)

Lady Names Her Dog After Hushpuppi, See The Striking Resemblance / No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers / No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person — Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ohammadike:
Naming the dog buhari is a huge insult on the dog

LMAO
ROTFL

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by freshvine(f): 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
Oyibo people bear names of non living things like Bush, Forest, Thatcher, Stone, etc yet a living thing is named with human name and there's trouble.

Issorit

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeew.. He named, shaved the name into the side and then paraded the Dog for all to see. angry

That Nigga should get atleast 6 Months in Prison.. angry

Quote me and get double Ibi.. angry
Just a quick question
Where you there

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
Vanillaskin:

Just a quick question
Where you there

Stupid Question Darling.. No Disrespect intended.. cool

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Doneiap(m): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
stardragon:
Plzzzzzzz help!!
Which name should i name this my goat

Stardragon... Good name and it fits it. grin

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by lawdrigo: 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nonese, Democracy is death in Nigeria. God bless GEJ..

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by AgentApple: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

You mean bubu is above the law?

Are you asking me?
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by obc: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Why not 6 years? cos he killed Bola Ige. Go and shave your armpit. Okoroawusa.
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeew.. He named, shaved the name into the side and then paraded the Dog for all to see. angry

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

Stupid Question Darling.. No Disrespect intended.. cool
Fact is this, you didn't answer my question meaning you couldn't because you were not there.
So shut the fu*k up - No Disrespect intended cool

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
Vanillaskin:

Fact is this, you didn't answer my question meaning you couldn't because you were not there.
So shut the fu*k up - No Disrespect intended cool

O well.. The story is in the news.

EVERYBODY (Caps for emphasis) both online and offline are reacting to the articles they read in newspapers.. The newspapers have also reported the charges filed against the Man in Court. So like I 'respectfuly' told you earlier, your question was stupid and even more remarkably stupiid than your question is your inability to realize how stupiid your question was in the first place. (Still no disrespect intended)..

Thanks..

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by blazer234: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
olaolaking:
I hope you get the message? That's what matters. Thanks though

Where were you, Mr preacher,when someone was naming his goat as Jonathan?

You are an empty hypocrite

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by anigold(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

zombie alert..
when patience jonna was insulted right left center nobody was arrested..lol

2 Likes

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
anigold:

zombie alert..
when patience jonna was insulted right left center nobody was arrested..lol

Insulting the President will never get you in prison.

Go read the Lawyers statement first before making a fool out of yourself.
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebby9z(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
The guy NAMED his dog after his neighbours grandfather...and you confused individuals keep dragging the president into it...youre merely making a mountain out of a molehill and creating ghost controversies. The case is definitely a lost one as the prosecutor cant prove the motive behind the christening. So, whats the ruckus all about?!
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebby9z(m): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

I wonder where some people keep their comprehension ability. Just ignore them
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
ebby9z:

I wonder where some people keep their comprehension ability. Just ignore them

I normally would ignore them, but I feel like I am not doing them any favors.. grin

I try to educate them 1 at a time..

I can gamble on it that the Perp had no clue that his actions could land him jail.. grin If only he had a friend like me to warn him before he acted a fool.. grin
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by anigold(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

am 100000% sure if the dog"s name in question was "Emeka" the socalled northerner wont report his neighbour to the police..

all these fulani gongs should just relax this is not 1969....

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by MadCow1: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2016
anigold:

am 100000% sure of the name in question was "Emeka" the socalled northerner wont report his neighbour to the police..

all these fulani gongs should just relax this is not 1969....

I agree with you that if only the Northerners had the same tolerance and sense of humor the rest of the Nation seem to have, this wouldn't be such an issue..

The truth is that the Man set out to be mischievous (not to cause any harm but just piss some persons off). He wanted to annoy his neighbors and the Northerners in the neighborhood. If he had named the darn Dog 'Buhari' and left it at that, this matter would never have gotten to this level. He would never had been arrested and the Police would never have found any charges to bring him to court with. The worst that could happen would be the Neighbor filing a civil suit against him which would most likely be thrown out as the Neighbor would have to prove that he sustained some injury, damage or loss due to the act of the Perp.

But because he shaved the name into the dog (which isnt a crime in and of itself either) and walked the dog in a Muslim dominated neighbourhood, the accumulation of all these acts is what has caused his problem. Thats why he is being charged with "Disturbing the Peace" which is an offence under a certain section of the Laws of Ogun State.
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by olaolaking: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
blazer234:

Where were you, Mr preacher,when someone was naming his goat as Jonathan?

You are an empty hypocrite
Go and sit down and listen when elderly person is talking. When did I tell you it is okay to call Jonathan a goat?

You think everyone is blind with hatred like you? Learn how to argue your point without insulting others. It is a way to show maturity. Do you hear? OK. Good
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by jagbajantus: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
This should be the first question: Is Nigeria a "free" and "truly democratic" society or not?
Question Number 2: When does being disrespectful, rude, offensive or distasteful constitute a crime?

One of the worst insults to Muslims is to compare them to a dog. Muslims consider it Haram or taboo - totally unacceptable.
But then, last time we checked, Nigeria is not supposed to be a Muslim country, and it is NOT governed by Sharia law.
Was the guy disrespectful and distasteful? Yes. Did he commit a crime under the law? No.
Buhari can sue him in a civil court but cannot arrest him, lock him up or even try him in a criminal court.
This is strictly a civil case. NOT criminal! Imagine if this guy had dared to name his dog Mohammed. There will be civil war by now! Muslims will be killing Christians. BH would have launched another blood-thirsty rampage. Aren't you all glad he didn't name his dog Mohammed?
This case is a test for Buhari. It will let us find out just how "democratic" Nigeria really is.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by blazer234: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
olaolaking:

Go and sit down and listen when elderly person is talking. When did I tell you it is okay to call Jonathan a goat?

You think everyone is blind with hatred like you? Learn how to argue your point without insulting others. It is a way to show maturity. Do you hear? OK. Good

Your comment even shows you lack maturity and you are extremely and irreparably empty. Read your original comment again and you will agree that you are truly an empty hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Alexgeneration(m): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

In this instance, the inscription of that name on the dog in a community mostly populated by abo.kis could be in choas. The accused was disrespectful because he had a quarrel with a man and in turned inscribed the man's name on his pet. Remove sentiments
Bro,according to the Supreme court,for an act to be termed "breach of public peace",SUCH BREACH OF PEACE MUST HAVE TAKEN PLACE.Therefore in man's case,there was no breach of peace.Sec 36(12)CFRN will also help you if you want to Remove sentiment

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by olaolaking: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
blazer234:

Your comment even shows you lack maturity and you are extremely and irreparably empty. Read your original comment again and you will agree that you are truly an empty hypocrite.
Imagine you. Can you explain what happens to original comment?

Brainless!
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by whitebeard(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
It is only mouth u have go and say it in front of police station.. U guys won't learn to respect the President.... Blaming the President for most problems in your life...u are nothing but foolish and a coward...that's why the international society belittle us that is why our politicians don't care cuz we polite their minds when they are young with this kind of shit..!
I am on the side that thinks about what is best for Nigeria I don't...I am neutral... just a simple Nigerian

Nigerians are Nigerian's problem...

Think about it...!!!
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Usman316: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Lalasticlala please come and do the needful!!! This because I just named my three pigs,One I named Zahra,the other one Aisha and the oldest one amongst them Buhari tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Why didn't u named them after ur parents and siblings if u deemed it a proper thin to do. Tomorrow if some miscreants start causing mayhem over the issue, people like u will be the first to blame the government. As if u didn't hear what some miscreants did in jigawa
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
stardragon:
Plzzzzzzz help!!
Which name should i name this my goat

Buhaisha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by don4real18(m): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I never knew I insulted by pigs by naming them after the dullard and his family members!!! Oh Poor pigs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
At least, his family members are known unlike yours?
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by Remii(m): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
Story of this dog naming is being misrepresented as usual with all information on social media. Poor Nigeria press. Truth is that the guy who lives in hausa quaters has a neighbour whose father is named buhari, to provoke the man he now named his dog buhari and painted the name on the dog. So he is being prosecuted for attempt cause public disturbance, issue has nothing to do with the president. He was unable to meet bail condition so he was detained pending the time he will meet it. Naming the dogs is one thing how many dogs has name written on it.
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by 9jatatafo(m): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Alexgeneration:
Bro,according to the Supreme court,for an act to be termed "breach of public peace",SUCH BREACH OF PEACE MUST HAVE TAKEN PLACE.Therefore in man's case,there was no breach of peace.Sec 36(12)CFRN will also help you if you want to Remove sentiment

Thanks bro, I will go through it
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by ebby9z(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
MadCow1:

I normally would ignore them, but I feel like I am not doing them any favors.. grin

I try to educate them 1 at a time..

I can gamble on it that the Perp had no clue that his actions could land him jail.. grin If only he had a friend like me to warn him before he acted a fool.. grin

But sometimes the more u educate them, the more their level of ignorance increases grin

The guy might eventually not go to prison...anything can happen in Nigeria
Re: No Criminal Implications In Naming Dog After Person —lawyers by olusogo: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=cktheluckyman post=48759704]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/no-criminal-implications-naming-dog-person-lawyers/[/q
What I value most is "RESPECT" for people around me. I always think about what they like and anything that can arouse or provoke their anger, I also watch my words. Their values, norms and beliefs are very important to me and I protect these and cherish peaceful co-existence. I may be different to Northerners in their beliefs but I am aware that they love their religion and hold their Muhammad in high esteem. Why would I out of hatred blaspheme and speak hill of a man who lived over 1400 years ago. In fact, I am indifferent, and for the sake of peace I enjoy with them the way they do to me. We are equal before the God. "PLEASE STOP DISRUPT THE PEACE BY ACTS OF PROVOCATION"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Shows Off His Beautiful Puppies. (photos) / Help Me Rate These GSD / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.