Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama (59841 Views)

Ali Baba On Kate Middleton Always Stepping Out Immediately After She Puts To Bed / Laura Ikeji Reacts To Ali Baba’s Post About Ladies With K-Legs & Mini Skirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Tsongz(f): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
tobtap:
cheesy cheesy ... only a DESPOT will arrest someone because he or she decided to assign a NAME to an animal...
So if a dog is named after u and u heard about it you'll be happy
undecided simply because u hate somebody doesn't mean u shouldn't be upright in ur thinkings
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by damon222: 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:
Nigerians are so funny and this reminds me of

those supporting the guy that name his dog buhari are hypocrites because I know with
in themself ,just immagine your neighbour named his or her
dog ur own name or your children' name, I know you won't rest untill you kill that
dog. is not part of our culture naming dog with same name
with men.

neighbour?

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by mbhs139(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
admax:
My take on the matter: Buhari is too busy and important to be bothered about a common man naming a dog after him in far away Ogun state. You see, what we are witnessing is an action of overzealous policemen and court officials merely seeking recognition.

Most of this VIPs and Rich men are easy going people whose image has been battered by a retinue of eye service aides!

Btw, I Love dogs grin

Reacting to the underlined, I don't think you seem to get the gist. The man in question was actually taken to the police station on the prompt of his neighbour. He actually has a beef with his neighbour and then named his dog after his neighbour's father's name-Buhari. That's the root of the matter. Just like you said, it has nothing to do with the President.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by MissingBudget: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
admax:
My take on the matter: Buhari is too busy and important to be bothered about a common man naming a dog after him in far away Ogun state. You see, what we are witnessing is an action of overzealous policemen and court officials merely seeking recognition.

Most of this VIPs and Rich men are easy going people whose image has been battered by a retinue of eye service aides!

Btw, I Love dogs grin

Agreed, but he could also order for the immediate release of the man. No?

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by royallord1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
thundabot:
See google's faith bout Buahari

just type buahari is... you see suggestions as thus

but i think there is an omission, google pls add

buhari is a tyrant

i no get joy so no chill.

OP... na true you talk ... i tried it and see what i got

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
Naming the dog "Buhari" is an insult to the dog.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by NairaMaster1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
undecided undecided
chinchong:
freedom of speech niyen my brother.

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by tiwiex(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
admax:

Btw, I Love dogs grin

Overzealous IG u mean. Or the IG is not aware?

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by tiwiex(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:

those supporting the guy that name his dog buhari are hypocrites because I know with
dog ur own name or your children' name, I know you won't rest untill you kill that
with men.

How does it bother you? He is the one worshipping ur family. His problem. Let's stop being thin skinned over isssues that have no direct effect on us. Does it affect how u feed ur family, go to work or play?

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by neocortex: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:

with men

It is not part of our culture naming dog at all is it ?
I think anyone naming a dog should be charged to court.

I have seen several dogs named Jack, pascal , chuks etc and all
these are names of people , guess what ? Neither Jack nor Pascal
cares because name is not a property.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Nov15: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
We like sensationalising things. Ali baba can call his Dogs any name, he lives in his own house (compound) that is enclosed and therefore is not constituting any action that can breach the peace. The guy who named his dog buhari lives in a neighbourhood and his neighbour's father is named Buhari, then he went further to write the name Buhari on his dog and paraded it where his neighbour will see it. His neighbour reported to police and police charged him to court stating that the action was likely to cause breach of peace. As usual, most people did not bother to get the full gist, they rather jumped on the gist that the police arrested the man for naming his dog after President Buhari and the internet has been agog. Social media is supposed to help propagate information but even as easy as it is to get information, people dont bother to get the full gist, they just flow with what they want to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Makapounse(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
tobtap:
cheesy cheesy ... only a DESPOT will arrest someone because he or she decided to assign a NAME to an animal...
But why can't he name his Dog after his father's name, or don't he love his father ?

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
Cannot remember you ever taking your Abacha to Kano or Parading with your Madiba on the Streets of South Africa with the name written on it.
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by kehindetawede: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Funny man. Things like this cause controversy only in Nigeria.
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by tobtap: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

As much as I try to condemn the president's supposed tyrannical act, we should be objective as well. His crime was not in naming his dog Buhari but in writing or inscribing it on the dog's body. It is an act of disrespect and gross indisciplne.
well i neva knew he inscribed the name on the dog... dat action is bad
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by 9jatatafo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
I know a rooster named Abacha and the rooster has made all the hen in my hood carrying chicks up and down. The chicken population has increased. Don't reason that Abacha love kpekus abi na apple.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by 9jatatafo(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
tobtap:

well i neva knew he inscribed the name on the dog... dat action is bad

The inscription of the name Buhari on the dog in a community populated by abo.kis would cause incitement because those abo.kis are very volatile people. The court of law could charge him for INCITMENT or INCITING A GROUP OF PEOPLE.
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
Did you missed out yesterday? Well... Here's another chance! Cool Naira offers you the opportunity to earn upto #5,000 for a start. You can only get rich leveraging on others efforts #FACT.
Check my signature
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by convy: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
but guy come to think of it, don't u think it's so disrespectful and ridiculous to name an animal after fellow 'man' especially your neighbour? it is surely an insult of the highest order. this are the things going wrong with the world that we closed our eyes to. we are Africans- let's begin to reason like one- we are people with culture let's value it. let's respect ourselves and begin to check every "it doesn't matter" we live with. we all know, as Nigerians, that are ways and circumstances to use in naming our pets. a man once named his dog eefin n'iwa, meaning character is like flame/smoke. my advise ni o grin
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by room089: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:

with men.

Don't mind them.
Even the man knew in his hear of hearts that he was treading on a dangerous ground. If the dogs stays in his compound like those of Ali Baba, it would have been a different ball game because only fewer people that visit him will know about that.
In this man's case, the dog parambulates about and those in the know shout or call it that name so that every passer-by will know its name.

Sentiments apart, would the man and his family have been so comfortable if a neighbour names his/her dog Joakin, his first name or better still his surname?
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nigeria is not the kind of country you name an animal after a person except you are rich and not in the midst of locals.
You can name your dog whatever you want in your fenced house.

tobtap:
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Talius(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
admax:

Btw, I Love dogs grin

God bless you
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by ENDEEEEEEE(m): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
thundabot:
See google's faith bout Buahari

just type buahari is... you see suggestions as thus

but i think there is an omission, google pls add

buhari is a tyrant

i no get joy so no chill.

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
I will take this man serious when he name one after current president
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by jrusky(m): 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
tried not to comment on this dog named issue because it's damn too embarrassing t simply arrest and detained someone for naming his dog whatever it's unbelieveable tha Nigeria had gone down so much this way.

The man repeatedly said he meant no harm by naming his dog Buhari and by the way is Buhari a name that belong only to Nigeria so called president Is their any proof anywhere to show that the name Buhari is solely the president name and no one in entire world bear such name

I remember their is this actress or Actor called something like Buhari is he or she from the president family? Hell No so what is the hype in this nonsense why arresting the man and detained him ok now let the police go after Ali Baba that name his dog s all our past president, the most annoying part of it is Buhari acted as if he is not aware of what is going on.

I remember a man named his goat Jonathan then and I saw a woman who named her Cat Patience "PEJ" but was not arrest honestly this one of the reason I'm not happy with Buhari at all because what is the meaning of all these nonsense.

Honestly the level of Dullardness of our president is damn appalling as a leader you should be expecting unexpected and as a better leader some issues you just laugh it off as one of those things but for Buhari and APC impossible they are so allergic to fun and truth as if its a poison and yet could not produce ordinary budget and they could not show anything for their grip on power 14 moths gone and wasted..

1 Like

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by PaulIdu: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:

with men.

I am sure you have those funny dirty charm marks on your chest ..I am very sure, I am very sure
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by AmNoblen: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
Tsongz:

So if a dog is named after u and u heard about it you'll be happy
undecided simply because u hate somebody doesn't mean u shouldn't be upright in ur thinkings
Did he originate the name or is he the onlyone answering it in the world?
If you know where your priorities are,you wouldn't be annoyed by such. receive brain
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by cleoblizz332(f): 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:

with men.

A leader should know how to control himself. focus on the needfull and by pass the useless. back in the days these comedians gave a very good mockery of politicians but I never heard any was arrested I wonder if any can try such now. A leader should act literally and matured
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by jrusky(m): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
PaulIdu:

I am sure you have those funny dirty charm marks on your chest ..I am very sure, I am very sure

Don't mind him abeg. The tribal mark is not only on his chest but on his face from his forehead to his chin.

So is he telling us those dog called Jack, Jade, Johnson etc are they not human name and how could fight someone for naming Dog a name where you are well sure you are not the only person under the heaven bearing the name so what is your headache in that in a worst scenario someone can only get offended when your name and surname was named after a pet but in this is a different scenario so who the Hell is that person to claim dog name after human is a crime is that person the only one bearing the name under this heaven

2 Likes

Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Tsongz(f): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
AmNoblen:

If you know where your priorities are,you wouldn't be annoyed by such. receive brain
Send me ur full name and lemme inscribe It on my spike
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by Tsongz(f): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
AmNoblen:

Send me ur full name and lemme inscribe It on my spike
I'm sure you gonna love it
Re: Ali Baba's Dogs Named Obasanjo, Abacha, IBB, Obama by ikupakuti(m): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
Abeyjide:

with men.

They should ask the retard to show them the ones he named after his dad & mum?

Or is it that he got no admiration for his parents?

Or maybe he grew up in a motherless

Stupido.

Awon omo ale jati jati!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

D'banj Celebrates Birthday Of His Wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Singer, Mercy Chinwo / Olamide Joins March For Nationwide Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.