Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

How Do You Deal With A One-sided Conversation Scenario? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Deal With A One-sided Conversation Scenario? (843 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Breakup? / 7 Clear Signs You’re In One Sided Relationship 2018 Valentine Special (ogashub) / This Side Chick Is Not Scared, See Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A One-sided Conversation Scenario? by Eberex(m): 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
When you meet someone for the first time and you find yourself attracted to him or her. This can be online or offline, it doesn't matter. When eventually you guys meet and ofcourse the normal routine is have a conversation. What if you found out your date is the type who doesn't reciprocate. you would ask him/her a question and it would be one or two words, with no sense of trying to instigate a new conversation topic.

Or all he or she does is press their phones while you do the talking, and all you hear is hmm hmm, huh huh, okay, yes, .....this is sooo annoying.

How do you feel in such situations?

Here is a story i like to read and i'm sure you guys would love it too.

I met this girl at the mall or something, and I asked her out on a date. She said yes, and I agreed to pick her up at 5pm on friday. It’s integral to the story that I explain to you that she is not deaf, and she was in fact holding a conversation with me the day we met.

I park up and call her as i’m walking to the door. She picks up without saying anything, I say “hey i’m here, i’m walking up to your door”, she hangs up.

I ring the doorbell, her father opens the door. He says “Hello”, then turns and yells for his daughter. Take a note here, her father said exactly one word to me.

After a couple minutes she turns around the corner and miraculously she’s on the phone again, with someone else. Never found out if it was a guy or a girl, I didn’t really listen to her conversation, I was busy crying internally.

We get in my car and begin the 25 minute drive to a really fucking nice restaurant. This bill was going to run up close to $150, so you can understand my actions later. She eventually hung up, after 15 minutes, and immediately switched to texting. She didn’t look up from her phone for the rest of the drive. I tried to make small talk. I was asking her about her family, her classes, when she moved here from ___ (I don’t remember where). The most I got out of her was a half-hearted “hmm”.
I park up next to the restaurant. I could see her staring at the valet wondering why I didn’t get valet, but she didn’t say anything. At this point, her father said more words to me than she had, and all he said was hello.

So, I get out of the car. She doesn’t. I walk over to her door and let her out, she steps out without thanking me and continued texting. I got back in the car and drove away. To this day i’m not sure if she noticed me leave. She never called me angrily, she never texted me asking where I went, that was the last i’ve seen or heard of her. You can be damn sure i’m not spending $150 to be ignored for another hour. Bitch, you can call an uber. (Oh_my_god_dude_chill)
Re: How Do You Deal With A One-sided Conversation Scenario? by DeBlunt: 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2016
cheesy wicked! grin

(1) (Reply)

My Horrifying Toilet Constipation Experience / Can U Be Friendly Wit Ur Friend That Slept Wit Ur Galfriend Or Boyfriend / Photos: Mad Man Falls In Love With Mad Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.