Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (33971 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2016
justicejay:

Just keep blowing hot about your rashford, and let our nacho keep things cool with less attention. Rashford is just another version of wilson, januza and the likes, he will soon be killed by english media.
And when I start supporting city. Well not so long cos I started loving city since 2006. You think its lie? Well that's to you, but people who knows me then knws dat I support city though they are bellow table then just like I av pple supporting fuhalm,spurs and so on. but even if I starts yesterday I don't think is none of ur biz, cos I wonder y u support ur club too.

I am a big Aubameyang fan and I wanted him at Manchester City. I thought we would break the bank to sign a player I feel is close to the quality of Neymar.

Guardiola opting for Iheanacho gives me the confidence that we have a Super Star in the making in Manchester City. Interesting time ahead as we watch how Guardiola handles and develops Iheanacho.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]No More Goalkeepers But Goalplayers[/size]

Pepe Reina, former Liverpool goalkeeper and now Napoli's goalkeeper defended his fellow goalkeeper Joe Hart. Pep Guardiola sent out the English number one goalkeeper on loan to Torino FC in Italy.

Guardiola dropped Joe Hart from his starting line-up because the English goalkeeper is not comfortable distributing the ball from the back. Guardiola chose Willy Caballero over Joe Hart in all English Premier League games this season. Guardiola bought Claudio Bravo from Barcelona and handed him the Manchester City number one jersey. Bravo might make his debut against Manchester United in the Manchester Derby.

Pepe Reina who worked with Guardiola at Bayern Munich explained that Joe Hart is still a top goalkeeper.

"The game has changed so much for keepers because a lot of managers now expect us to be able to start play from the back as well as keep goals out," Reina told Joe.co.uk.

"I don't think we should be called goalkeepers any more because we are more like goal players.

"That is more the case if you are in a Guardiola team than if you are in any other and that's why he felt signing Claudio Bravo from Barcelona was so important to the way he wants City to play.

"I have seen people say that Hart isn't good with his feet but that isn't true. In terms of the speed and precision of his passes he is very good.

"The difference is that Bravo has been a goal player for many years and does not have to learn Guardiola's methods and that is why Hart was replaced.

"But he remains a top-class keeper. There is no question about that."

Reina gave some advice to Joe Hart on how he should handle his time in Italy as Joe Hart prepares for his debut when Torino plays Atalanta.

"It is more tactical and less physical here," the Napoli goalkeeper said. "If you go for a high ball under pressure and don't claim it there's a strong possibility that you will be given a free-kick because the keepers get much more protection here than they do in England.

"Every team plays its own way but I would say that after Napoli, last season Torino were one of the teams who play shortest; they liked to play from the back and that means the keeper has to be involved.

"But they have changed managers with Sinisa Mihajlovic replacing Giampiero Ventura so maybe their style will become a little bit different.

"But however they play I wouldn't expect Hart to have too many problems because he has played at the top-level for so long."

Joe Hart is a top player and if not the change of playing style, he would stay as the top goalkeeper of Manchester City. He made lots of saves and was part of our trophy filled recent history.

Guardiola came to pass his philosophy to the club. Some of our executives worked with Barcelona and believe Guardiola's system is the best direction the club should go.

This means we play a possession-heavy style which requires the goalkeeper contributes during build-up of attack. The goalkeeper's ball distribution is important and Bravo is good at this. He played this way for many years.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/no-more-goalkeepers-but-goalplayers.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]John Stones Is Ready To Face Ibrahimovic[/size]

John Stones who started every League game for Manchester City this season believes he is ready to face Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored three goals this season and Stones has to stop Ibrahimovic from scoring against Manchester City in the Manchester derby.

“We played United, before I came here, in a charity match for Wayne Rooney and I was up against Ibrahimovic,” Stones said, according to The Mirror.

“So I’ve had experience of playing against him before and hopefully I can figure out what he’s going to do if he plays.

“It will be an exciting game with a lot of big stars on the pitch, and I’m sure it’ll be a great watch for the fans who are going over to the game.

“I’ve watched them in the past and seen what good games they are, so I’ll be trying to get as much information off the boys about them and I’m super-excited about it.”

We expect Stones to do his best to stop Ibrahimovic from extending his goal lead. He is the deadliest player in the Manchester United squad. There is also Marcus Rashford who might come in as a substitute to cause problems.

Mourinho will rely on the height of his players to cause problems with set pieces. Ibrahimovic, Fellaini, Pogba and Baily are over 6ft 3in tall. We have to prevent the red devils from winning free kicks close to the box. We should watch out conceding unnecessary corners.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/john-stones-is-ready-to-face-ibrahimovic.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola And Mourinho Will Respect Each Other On Derby Day[/size]

Manchester City defender, John Stones believes Guardiola and Mourinho will show each other respect during the Manchester derby game. He believes they will not let their rivalry over shadow the anticipated Manchester derby.

"I'm not getting into that, to be honest,” said Stones, according to The Mirror, when asked about the rivalry between Guardiola and Mourinho.

“That's another big debate that's been about, but I'm sure they'll show their respect to each other.

“They're two very respectable men, who've done a lot in the game, and we'll just have to see how it pans out, but I'm sure they'll be respectful to each other, whatever happens.”

What we need is good football and a clean game. We do not need a clash to distract us from the match. We hope Mourinho brings his players to play fair. We do not need off the ball incidents to spoil the game.

Both sides have quality talent and we want an interesting game.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-and-mourinho-will-respect.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Bravo, Fit And Ready[/size]

Guardiola confirmed that the former Barcelona goalkeeper Manchester City bought for £17.1 million, Claudio Bravo is ready to make his debut. Guardiola will start the Chilean goalkeeper in the highly anticipated Manchester derby.

“He's fit, he's ready,” said Guardiola. “This kind of player, 32 or 33-years-old, has the experience. He has to save the goals.

“Claudio is okay, he had a little problem in his leg but trained last two days.”

Guardiola let the long serving goalkeeper of Manchester City, Joe Hart go because he was keen on bringing in a goalkeeper who can distribute the ball with his feet and help build attacks from the back. Claudio Bravo who played that way for Barcelona is a perfect fit.

Bravo played this role during a successful era of Barcelona. He was part of the team that won the La Liga consecutively for two seasons. He was also part of the Barcelona Club World Cup winning team.

Bravo is a great keeper and a great professional. We hope he has a good trophy-laden time at Manchester City.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/bravo-fit-and-ready.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Has A Lot Of Respect For Mourinho[/size]

Guardiola Insisted that he respects Mourinho even though they endured a bitter rivalry when they both coached two of the biggest clubs in Spain. Guardiola coached Barcelona and Mourinho coached Real Madrid. Guardiola said he will share a glass of wine with Mourinho if Mourinho invites him for a drink.

“I will accept if he invites me,” said Guardiola, according to The Mirror.

“I say it many times, I have a lot of respect for him, I always try to lean from all my colleagues and it is the same with Jose.

“He was my assistant coach at Barcelona under Sir Bobby Robson. Okay, the last season between Barcelona and Real Madrid was not easy, but we met each other two or three weeks ago at a meeting for Premier League managers and we spoke fluently, so it was okay.

“Let me live this derby and I can tell you how it compares with Barcelona and Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich against Borussia Dortmund.”

It is nice that both men met and talked without problems. This is for the good of the game. We need recognized people of the game having respect of each other. Football has the power to unite. The respect the coaches have will help make fans respect each other too.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-has-lot-of-respect-for.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Respects Ibrahimovic[/size]

Guardiola, Manchester City manager, praised Zlatan Ibrahimovic as one of the best players in the world.

Ibrahimovic and Guardiola had a troubled time at Barcelona. Ibrahimovic labelled Guardiola a spineless coward after he left Barcelona. The Manchester City boss did not take this to heart and he did not hide his feelings. He expressed that Ibrahimovic adapted to the English Premier League quickly.

"I have a lot of respect for what Zlatan has done for football," he said, acknowledging Ibrahimovic's impact of four goals in as many United appearances.

"He's one of the best players and, of course, the best players impact the way they arrive in the clubs with the talent immediately.

"Some players have to understand the league - the best players do it quickly and he's one of the best ones."

Despite the harsh words from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and his outspoken agent, Mino Raiola, Guardiola put all that behind him and praised the talented forward.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic came into the English Premier League and started well. He is among the top scorers in the English Premier League with three goals.

The nice words from Guardiola will help calm the tension as the anticipated Manchester derby approaches.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-respects-ibrahimovic.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Unfairly Criticised Following His Time At Bayern Munich[/size]

Former Bayern Munich President, Uli Hoeness feels Guardiola received unfair criticisms after he left Bayern Munich to join Manchester City. Guardiola received criticisms of his philosophy and failure to win the Champions League with Bayern Munich.

Hoeness feels Guardiola is no way inferior to Carlo Ancelotti, the current Bayern Munich boss. He feels Guardiola deserves more credit for his time at Bayern Munich.

Carlo Ancelotti is a wonderful person and a very successful coach, who is a great fit for Bayern," Hoeness told Sky Sport News.

"But I do not like it how there is a lot of negative talk about Pep Guardiola. He said farewell to Bayern in the best way possible. He does not deserve this criticism because he did a great job in Munich.

"I find this comparison between 'the good guy' Ancelotti and 'the bad guy' Guardiola simply ridiculous. The difference in perception between the two of them is not justified."

Guardiola won two DFB Pokal and three league titles at Bayern Munich. It is sad that despite achieving all these, he gets lots of criticisms from Germany.

It took hard work and patience to keep the success of the team coming. Despite the team failing to win the Champions League during Guardiola's time at the club, they got to the semi final of the Champions League three times.

This shows consistency in the way the team played. Guardiola deserves more than what he gets from Germany and it is nice Uli Hoeness pointed this out.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-unfairly-criticised-following.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=14pt]City Tougher Without Aguero[/size]

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho believes that his preparation to face Manchester City is more difficult with Aguero suspended. Aguero received a three match ban after he swung his elbow towards West Ham United’s Winston Reid.

Mourinho believes Aguero’s absence makes Manchester City less predictable and made him change his approach towards the anticipated Manchester derby.

Mourinho said: “It changed my approach because it’s more difficult. When Aguero is available, we know Aguero plays. We know the formation, we know their dynamic. Nobody has doubts - when a player like him is ready, he plays.

“In this moment, he doesn’t play. They are an amazing rich squad in options. On the other hand, he can have many decisions, different decisions. One thing if he decides to play with (Kelechi) Iheanacho, another thing if he decides to play with (Raheem) Sterling, another one is if he decides to play with (David) Silva as a fake no 9 between the lines.

“They have so many options that for us, in preparation for the game, we have to go step by step, situation after situation. We try to reduce the unpredictability of the game.

“We know they have so many options, to do that for the players is more difficult. It feels a bit of a contradiction, but without Aguero it’s more difficult.”

Manchester City have several options to play in the striking role and it makes preparation to stop our attack difficult. With the number of players who can fill that role, planning how a team will set up against us will prove challenging.

With players like Iheanacho, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Silva, it is difficult pointing out how we will set up to play the derby.

This also makes our game plan's direction different. With Aguero in the side, most of our plays go to Aguero to deliver the goals. This time we have different options without a more favored player.

We also have a challenge because we played a particular way in most games we won and we got used to a system of play. This means we will go into the game with a different plan from what we played with. This means we will play with a bit different system. A system that is less trusted than the system we played.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/city-tougher-without-aguero.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by DrinkWater10: 12:15am On Sep 10, 2016
justicejay:

Just keep blowing hot about your rashford, and let our nacho keep things cool with less attention. Rashford is just another version of wilson, januza and the likes, he will soon be killed by english media.
And when I start supporting city. Well not so long cos I started loving city since 2006. You think its lie? Well that's to you, but people who knows me then knws dat I support city though they are bellow table then just like I av pple supporting fuhalm,spurs and so on. but even if I starts yesterday I don't think is none of ur biz, cos I wonder y u support ur club too.
Pipe down okay grin
The rash is a super talent just like iheanacho and therefore shouldn't be compared to januzaj and co.
You wouldn't like it if I compared iheanacho to Sinclair or Adam Johnson, would you?
I am a fan of iheanacho and I appreciate what he has achieved for himself in such a short time but I like what Rashford brings to the table.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2016
[size=14pt]De Bruyne Enjoys New Role Under Guardiola[/size]

Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester City winger, spoke about his new role since Guardiola took over as head coach of Manchester City. He played as a finisher last season but this season, Guardiola plays him in a deeper role and he enjoys it.

"It has been a good three weeks for us. The way we try to play is very positive and it’s really enjoyable for the players to play in this kind of system, where you play nice football. It helps also when you win,” De Bruyne told Sky Sports.

“My position is totally different from last year. It’s not too defensive, but I know I will be more of a creator but have to help my teammates up front more to get them the ball.

“They will do more of the finishing this year but I really enjoy it so far.

“Everything needs time, we have the same with Belgium. It takes time in training for Pep to get what he wants tactically, but it’s really nice and you see the spaces opening up, then you know why you’re doing it.

“[Pep] is concerned about everything, every detail and you have to be on the edge as a player. If the manager asks for something on or off the pitch, you just need to adjust to what he wants.”

Since the arrival of Guardiola, Manchester City play in a more attractive way and it brings out the best in the players. The attacking style looks entertaining for the viewers and the players enjoy it. The players work hard to make the system work and it shows they believe in the ideas of the manager. The result so far shows that it is a system that can bring winning results in a long run.

Last season, De Bruyne was one of the forwards and sometimes he played behind the attackers. This time, his role is deeper and he helps bring balance to the midfield. This is due to his intelligence and his ability to read the flow of the game. He helps the team win back the ball and he is also part of the players who create chances for the attackers.

Guardiola demands more from Kevin De Bruyne this season and it will mould De Bruyne into a better player.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/de-bruyne-enjoys-new-role-under.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Was Always Clear And Direct With Ibrahimovic[/size]

Guardiola insists he was clear and direct when he spoke with Manchester United’s striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic when they were at Barcelona.

Ibrahimovic and his outspoken agent, Mino Raiola claimed Guardiola treated Ibrahimovic in an unfair way, when he was at Barcelona. Ibrahimovic criticised Guardiola's treatment in his autobiography.

"He explained in his book about what he believes," Guardiola told reporters. "But always I was clear. I spoke with him always face-to-face, always.

"I never used the media to explain what I wanted from Zlatan on the pitch, never.

"The people can say many, many things, but I was so clear and direct to him."

This looks like a case of Guardiola offering a solution to make Messi and Ibrahimovic to work together. Ibrahimovic did not like the solution and stopped paying attention to his former Barcelona boss.

A partnership of Messi and Ibrahimovic had the potential of making Barcelona a strong force. Ibrahimovic wanted to lead and Messi wanted the same. This caused the misunderstanding.

http://justcityzens..com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-was-always-clear-and-direct.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Rejuvenated Manchester City With His New Signings[/size]

Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester City midfielder believes Manchester City needed rejuvenation. He believes Guardiola did this with the pacy new signings.

Guardiola will work without Sergio Aguero after he received a ban from the FA after a violent conduct against West Ham United’s Winston Reid. De Bruyne believes Manchester City can cope with the big squad they have.

Kevin De Bruyne told reporters: "Last year I felt really young in the team because I came from a team where I was one of the more experienced guys even though I was only 24 - but there's a new generation coming in and I'm getting to the second stage of my professional career.

"The guys who have come in have a lot of pace – they are electric and I think that's something we needed in addition to last year.

"It's a blow to lose our top scorer, but on the other hand a player will come in for him and they will be ready to do a good job.

"I think everybody is ready. We have a big, strong team. This is the way it goes in football – yellow cards, red cards, suspensions.

"There's still plenty of games after this one so even if you lose you can make it up later."

It is difficult for us to cope without our top goal scorer and attacking hero Sergio Aguero. Difficult does not mean we can not cope without the impressive striker.

We have pacy forwards with the new signings, Nolito and Leroy Sane. We also have pace with some of the old players like Sterling, Iheanacho and De Bruyne.

The game against Manchester United will prove difficult but we have to stick to our plan. Keep the ball, dominate possession and create many goal scoring opportunities. With this, we can go home with all three points.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/guardiola-rejuvenated-manchester-city.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2016
I think pep should start with sane in d wing and nacho up front..we really need pace+dribble in this game..and nacho as a clinical boy will always be in the box to divert the cross and passes into net

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by landinfo: 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
Woooooooooow!!!!!!!!! Victory 4 City 2day although the 2nd half, they nearly succumbed.

It's surprising that Barca fanz never show face 4 this thread sha cos they follow Pep anywhere!!!!!!!!
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Squawka Football ✔@Squawka
Kevin De Bruyne's game by numbers vs. Man Utd:

100% take-ons completed
6 chances created
6 shots
1 goal

Superb.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Pep Guardiola is the first Manchester City manager in history to win his first 6 games in charge of the club.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 12:02am On Sep 11, 2016
What about fernadhinio stat?
He kept £89m in his back pocket through out 95mins
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:38am On Sep 11, 2016
Nicolas Otamendi's game by numbers vs. Man Utd:

100% tackles won
8 clearances
6 interceptions
4 aerial duels won
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:06am On Sep 11, 2016
justicejay:
What about fernadhinio stat?
He kept £89m in his back pocket through out 95mins

I could not find that off Fernandinho.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=14pt]Five Manchester City Youngsters Promoted Into The First Team[/size]

Manchester City have some impressive young talents coming out of the CFA. Some of these talents impressed the Manchester City boss, Guardiola.

He decided that five of the impressive youngsters are good enough to become part of the first team and he promoted them.

Last season, Manuel Pellegrini promoted Iheanacho and he did well. He was the player who had the best goal to game ratio in the English Premier League. Guardiola will hope these promoted youngsters follow the path of Iheanacho and prove the manager's trust in them correct.

The youngsters are:
Angus Gunn, Tosin Adarabioyo, Pablo Maffeo, Angelino and Aleix Garcia. They impressed during the preseason tour and they are full members of the Manchester City squad.

Three of them participated in the second leg of the Champions League playoff game against Steaua Bucharest.

Tosin Adarabioyo, Angelino and Maffeo look quality during the preseason and it is nice they got promoted. We hope the coaches at the CFA keep doing the good work.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/five-manchester-city-youngsters.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Played Iheanacho With The Intent Of Winning The Game[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho, Manchester City teenage striker paid Guardiola's faith in him by scoring the winner of the Manchester derby. Guardiola named the youngster as a striker in the highly anticipated Manchester derby and the youngster put in a brilliant performance with a goal and an assist.

According to Manchester Evening News, Guardiola said: “He was the only striker we had in that moment.

“I thought about many other options - but I thought in the beginning to show to my players that I came to win the game.”

Guardiola replaced Iheanacho early in the second half and brought in Fernando to help deal with the long balls of Manchester United.

Guardiola explained: “In the second half we started poorly - they had many crosses. We had the ball, then lost the ball. Had the ball - lost the ball.

“In the second half United pushed a lot. The substitutions from my colleague were really good.

“They played long balls and diagonals to win and it was almost impossible.

“Fernando was the key player in the second half for us,”

From the start of the match, Guardiola's intention was clear. Press, keep them under pressure and attack with pace. In the first half, this was clear and Kelechi Iheanacho played his part.

His occasional dropping deep was the high point of his game. For the Iheanacho's assist, his dropping deep, made Baily lose his defensive line to go deeper to stop him. When Iheanacho headed it back, there was a lot of room for Kevin De Bruyne. His neat nip of the ball from Blind and his run through the gap created by Baily was enough to score the first goal.

Guardiola's statement was clear. He wanted to win the game and the choice of Iheanacho was one he believed in. The young man did not fail and he showed Guardiola that the coach could trust him.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/guardiola-played-iheanacho-with-intent.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=14pt]City Needs To Make The Most Of Their Domination[/size]

Pep Guardiola believes Manchester City needs more work if they are to compete against other top teams in Europe. This comes after a dominant display from Manchester City who sits on top of the English Premier League table. Manchester City dominated and defeated fellow Manchester rivals, Manchester United. They ended the three games winning streak of Jose Mourinho's side with a 2-1 defeat.

Guardiola claimed his forward players need to learn to make the most of their domination, if they are to compete among the elite clubs in Europe.

"In Bucharest we played at that level for 90 minutes. Against West Ham we played at the level in the first half. And same again today, we played really well in the first half, against a better level of player," said Guardiola.

"But I think if you ask me if we are ready to compete in Europe, then we are not ready. We are playing well but we need more in the forward areas.

"Until now in the Premier League, we have been okay but we are not ready to go against the best teams in Europe. But we have just two months together so we have time to get better.

"Especially today, in the final moments though we just missed the last pass, and then in the second half United made the changes and it was difficult for us.

"But when we did win the ball we had the chance for the counter-attacks, and we had many, but we just didn't finish. So until we start to finish we will suffer."

Manchester City performed well in the first leg of the Champions League playoff game against Steaua Bucharest. However, we missed a lot of chances in that game, including the two penalties Aguero missed.

We need to work on converting our chances if we want to reach our target of becoming one of the elites in European football.

The game play of the team is good. They are creating chances. If we get our finishing right, then even top teams in Europe will feel scared playing us.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/city-needs-to-make-most-of-their.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=14pt]Iheanacho's Dream Comes True On Derby Day[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho described his winning goal against Manchester United in the highly anticipated Manchester derby as a dream come true.

Sergio Aguero received a three match ban after he swung his elbow towards West Ham United’s Winston Reid. Guardiola showed faith in the Nigerian teenager to fill the void created by Aguero. Iheanacho did not let his manager down. With a goal and an assist, Iheanacho's derby day dream came true.

"It is a dream come true to play in the Manchester derby and to get a winning goal," he told Sky Sports.

"I'm happy, I'm very happy, for my team, for everyone. They really worked hard to get the victory today."

"It was about being in the right place at the right time," he added. "I didn't expect the shot, I didn't expect it to hit the post and come back, but I'm happy to be in the right place and to score."

Iheanacho's derby day goal is one that will stay in the mind of the young man. It was a statement to the Manchester City manager that he was ready to share the burden of scoring goals with Aguero.

Guardiola wants the forwards of Manchester City to improve their strike rate. Iheanacho might help the team in increasing their conversion rate of the chances created if he continues this way.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/iheanacho-dream-comes-true-on-derby-day.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2016
[size=14pt]Guardiola Is Moving Manchester City Away From The Physical Game[/size]

Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester City midfielder believes Pep Guardiola's arrival offered a new beginning to the team. Manchester City played with strong players in the past. Players like Gareth Barry, James Milner, Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Negredo and Wilfred Bony. Under Guardiola, the team is less physical and rely more on quick passes and brilliant skills to unlock their opponents.

This looked a tough task in a physically demanding league like the English Premier League but Guardiola's system is working. Manchester City won their first four games.

Kevin De Bruyne who was the outstanding player in the Manchester derby, believes the players are working hard to adapt to the ideas of Guardiola. He believes that the impact of the Spanish tactician helped improve the team.

"I think the way we try to play now is very enjoyable, especially for the attacking players, because we try to play nice football, the way we want to play," he said.

"I think maybe for some guys it's a new beginning. We have got to go a little bit away from the physical game in the Premier League, because we are not as strong as other teams.

"We know that, so we try to dominate them with the way we want to play."

Kevin De Bruyne's team-mates impressed him with their ability to adapt to the ideas of Guardiola and he wants them to keep working with the same energy.

"Football isn't easy," De Bruyne said.

"Obviously everybody has his own style and you need to adapt to it, but I think everyone is working really hard - even the guys coming in, they do it perfectly.

"At the moment it is very positive, so we just have to try to keep it in this flow."

What makes this system work is its demand for the players to give their all. It is not a system that can take players performing poorly. This makes the players do better regularly.

In the Manchester derby, we saw the players panting but they kept working hard. It means the players want to make this work.

This is something that we should support and we hope the players keep up their work rate. So far they performed well and the table shows the result of their passion.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/guardiola-is-moving-manchester-city.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
[size=14pt]Bravo Showed That He Can Make City Stronger[/size]

Claudio Bravo received lots of criticisms for his erratic display against Manchester United in the highly anticipated Manchester derby. Zlatan Ibrahimovic capitalized on Bravo's failure to claim a deep free kick from Wayne Rooney and reduced Manchester City's 2-0 lead.

Bravo claimed he was comfortable in the match and he felt good in the highly charged atmosphere. He is happy with what he did and he expects the team to improve day by day.

"Good, good. Comfortable." Bravo said when asked about how he felt in the highly charged atmosphere at Old Trafford.

"We have a team here that has personality, we are improving day by day and the matches that we want to win are these, against our rivals, and for that reason I am happy.

"I am happy with my first week, with the work I have done.

"It was a very important victory for us. In the first half we were incredible when we controlled the ball, had lots of chances and in the second half we played differently - defensively we were very, very solid.

"We played well against a very big team and a team that was very strong and they kept putting the ball in the air to try and complicate things but we survived."

Most critics focused on what Claudio Bravo did wrong. Before his error that caused the goal, he was brilliant with the ball. Most of his passes were correct. His judgment was top-notch and he dealt with the pressure of the pressing players.

The problem came from his lack of training time with the players and they did not understand him. In the mistake that caused Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal, Bravo was in the right place to deal with the ball. Stones did not expect him to come out. Stones backed the goalkeeper and their clash caused the goal.

As Stones and the other defenders work with Bravo, they will understand that he is a goalkeeper that comes out to deal with crosses, corner kicks and free kicks. They will give him room to deal with these and the errors will cut.

The players in the English Premier League play with a lot of pace. Bravo will learn to release the ball early and this will cut his erratic displays.

Claudio Bravo will improve as he understands how to work with his players. We will see we landed a special player when this happens.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/bravo-showed-that-he-could-make-city.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
[size=14pt]City Teenager, Iheanacho Made Robbie Savage Look Silly[/size]

As the Manchester derby approached, many expected a highly anticipated clash between the two Manchester rivals. This was a match where both sides had brilliant players.

With Manchester City having players like Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, Fernandinho, Nolito and the English Premier League player of the month, Raheem Sterling.

Manchester United had Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Fellaini, Bailly and Blind.

As many expected a brilliant game, an analyst and former footballer chose to throw a dig at Manchester City. Robbie Savage, former Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City player claimed that Manchester City will always live in Manchester United’s shadow. He made this bold statement on The Mirror.

When will we next see a home-grown player score the winner for City in the derby, as Marcus Rashford did for United at the Etihad last season?

Even after all the big spending of late, the major talking point this week has been whether Rashford, who cost nothing, will make Jose Mourinho’s starting XI at Old Trafford.

Guardiola made a bold reply by starting the promising Nigerian teenager, Kelechi Iheanacho to replace the suspended Manchester City star striker Sergio Aguero.

Iheanacho put up a good display as he caused Manchester United defender Bailly a lot of problems. Iheanacho dropped deep during the game and helped the flow of the ball in the midfield.

Iheanacho's movement caused Bailly a lot of thoughts as he tried to keep up with the teenager. Bailly battled with the decision to maintain his deep defence line or pursue the drifting Nigerian teenager.

Iheanacho's assist to Kevin De Bruyne came from one of his deep movements, drawing Bailly off his defensive line to create room for Kevin De Bruyne to slot in from midfield. Iheanacho headed the ball towards Kevin De Bruyne and the Belgian forward was fast enough to nip the ball off Blind. Kevin De Bruyne made no mistake as he helped Manchester City take the lead with a brilliant finish.

Iheanacho did not stop there and capped his fine display by being at the right place when a Kevin De Bruyne's shot bounded off the post. Iheanacho slotted in a finish to give Manchester City a two goal lead.

Robbie Savage needs to eat his words because the fine display of the Nigerian Manchester City graduate, he was one of the top players of the game. His goal was the winning goal of such a tough tie.

Where was Robbie Savage when Iheanacho ended last season as the player with the best goal to game ratio.

At the end of this season, Kelechi Iheanacho will qualify as a full home-grown player and his performance shows that Robbie Savage does not understand what is going on at the Etihad.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/city-teenager-iheanacho-made-robbie.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
[size=14pt]Sane's Arrival Raised Sterling's game[/size]

Manchester City begun this season well, winning all Six games they played this season. This includes the Manchester derby. Raheem Sterling believes the competition for places in the starting line-up of the team is one of the reasons of Manchester City's fine form.

Pep Guardiola made some bold decisions by dropping some key players from the starting line-up, including Yaya Toure, Joe Hart and Nasri. He also let players like Bony and Mangala go on loans.

Guardiola added some fast paced players to the team with players like Leroy Sane and Nolito. He strengthened the midfield by signing the Borussia Dortmund midfielder, Ilkay Gundogan. Then he added Stones to strengthen the defence.

Sane made his debut against Manchester United in the derby match. His blistering pace and technical skills showed he is a like for like replacement for Raheem Sterling.

Raheem Sterling attributed his improvement to the former Schalke star's arrival.

"It raises any player's game when there's four or five players who can play your position," he told a news conference ahead of City's Champions League clash at home to Borussia Monchengladbach on Tuesday. "You always want to be on the pitch, not in the stands.

"Leroy's come in and he's a really good guy who I speak to a lot, but obviously he plays the same position.

"Hopefully we can both be on the pitch at the same time, but we have to work hard and show why we deserve to be involved."

"I think with the players and manager we have and we're getting better and stronger each week," he said. "We should be challenging for every competition we go in for."

Most players in top clubs with ambitions of achieving great things want to play regularly. Raheem Sterling is one of the promising players of English football and he does not want to seat on the bench.

With the arrival of Leroy Sane, a promising talent of German football, Raheem Sterling knows he has no room to slip up. Leroy Sane wants to become a top player. He already broke Into the German National team. He wants to push for a place in the starting line-up of the German National team. So he will work hard to make it at Manchester City.

This keeps Raheem Sterling on his toes. Raheem Sterling received an award as the English Premier League player of the month and he will want to keep it this way.

Despite Guardiola giving Sterling a license to run at the opposing defenders during counter attacks, his patience and belief in Sterling helped the English football forward improve.

With Sane pushing for a place in the team, we expect Sterling to keep playing and performing on a top-level.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/sane-arrival-raised-sterling-game.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49am On Sep 13, 2016
[size=14pt]City Should Stick To Playing The Ball Out From The Back[/size]

Manchester City started the season brightly, playing a beautiful brand of attacking and possession football. Guardiola likes his team playing a possession-heavy style. This requires the defenders and goalkeeper helping to keep possession by playing the ball out from the back.

During the Manchester derby, Manchester City's defence came under pressure from the pressing of Manchester United. Claudio Bravo made errors as he tried passing the ball out from the back.

Despite the mistakes, John Stones backs the goalkeeper to fit in as he trains with the side day by day.

Stones told reporters that Bravo will fit in fine:
“He only came into training this week, and that's where the hard work starts,” he said. “You get to know each other, and how each other plays.

“I've watched a lot of Spanish football and seen him play quite a lot – it's one of those things where you trust each other and it kind of just gels.”

Stones warned the fans that the team will have nervy moments playing out from the back. He assured the players know how to deal with the attacks that come from these errors.

“I think they've learned to live with that already,” he said. “They've been behind us from the first game after I came here when we first started playing out from the back.

“Sometimes it's a bit risky, but we know what to do, and where players are, and when we're confident, why not?

“We are always going to make mistakes, but we showed that when we did, we got bodies back, winning the ball and stopped those attacks.”

Claudio Bravo had a nervy debut. He will fit in fine as he trains day to day with the side. The mistake that led to the goal came from poor communication and lack of trust. Stones has not trained long with Bravo or played with him.

The more they trust each other, the more Bravo will fit in with the team.

Manchester City should stick to playing the ball from the back because this creates a feeling of eleven outfield players when we are in possession. It gives us more control in our build up play and makes us outnumber our opponents in the midfield.

The possession-heavy style is our strength and we will get stronger when we continue playing this way. There are signs of improvement with this system and when we understand it more, our results will improve.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/city-should-stick-to-playing-ball-out.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21am On Sep 13, 2016
[size=14pt]City Fans Should Expect More Errors From Bravo[/size]

Pep Guardiola, Manchester City manager warned that Claudio Bravo's mistake which led to Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal in the Manchester derby is not the last.

There were two nervy moments during the game due to mistakes Claudio Bravo made. The first was when Bravo failed to claim a free kick from Wayne Rooney which Zlatan Ibrahimovic capitalized on to score. The second was when Bravo made a heavy touch on the ball and he made a harsh tackle to prevent another goal. In some cases, some referees would give a penalty for such tackle.

When asked about Bravo, Guardiola replied: “He is so strong. I watched the game again yesterday to see which things we did good and which things we have to improve.

“I saw the goal and after it, in three or four actions he received the ball and showed huge personality. That is what I tried to say after the game.

“I am going to tell you something. Claudio Bravo and Willy Caballero are going to make mistakes in the future. They are not going to save all the goals and opponents are going to score goals. I am pretty sure of that.”

Guardiola believes the lunge by Bravo to prevent Rooney from scoring did not deserve a red card because the Chilean goalkeeper touched the ball.

“He touched the ball and the player, sometimes it happens with you, sometimes against.”

As long as we keep to the possession-heavy style and we keep playing out from the back, our goalkeeper will come under pressure and he will make mistakes. Some of these mistakes will lead to goals. Others won't.

Our defenders need to support the goalkeeper during times like these by being close to him and giving him options to pass the ball. The defenders need to trust the goalkeeper in time under pressure and give him room to deal with it.

As long as the Cityzens keep working on the style in training and on the field, they will get comfortable with the style. This will cut the errors.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/city-fans-should-expect-more-errors.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:29am On Sep 13, 2016
[size=14pt]City Not Good Enough To Win The Premier League[/size]

It was nice beating Manchester United and performing brilliantly in that game. That secured Manchester City on top of the English Premier League table with Chelsea dropping points for the first time this season.

However, Guardiola calmed the joy by explaining that Manchester City is not good enough to win the English Premier League. If Manchester City wants to win this title, they have to improve their performances.

When asked what his team needs to improve if they are going to win the Champions League, Guardiola replied: “The way we have played up until now will not be enough to win the Premier League.

“We have to improve a lot of things. We are now four games into the Premier League, and I would like to tell this brilliant audience and our fans the way we are first in the Premier League, the way we have played until now, will be not enough to win the Premier League so we have to improve.

“We have to improve to win the Premier League. Of course we are so happy for the results, for the numbers, but it is not enough.”

Guardiola wants his team to improve if they want to beat the brave attacking Monchengladbach in the first game of the Champions League Group stage.

“They just play with three against me but they play like this in all the games - brave team, brave coach, one of the best teams in Europe.” Guardiola said.

“They beat me many times. They beat me and they are aggressive. They bring the game one against one into the build-up and when that happens, it is a fight man to man and with the ball they are so so intelligent.

“People like Kramer and Hazard and Raffael, they are so, so offensive, they receive behind our midfield lines and attack five against four.

“Sommer is a goalkeeper, he is not tall, but he reads the build-up, the two against one so they create a good environment and that is why it is so complicated.”

Borussia Monchengladbach did not lose to Guardiola in the last two seasons at the Bundesliga. They won Bayern Munich twice and drew twice. This means that they have a system that is tough for Guardiola to beat.

This explains why the Manchester City manager wants the team to improve in their play. With the nervy performance in the second half when Manchester United put pressure on the defence, we should expect something similar from Monchengladbach.

They play a brave style, pressing with four or five men. Our defence needs to work on keeping the ball without making much mistakes and support Claudio Bravo when he is under pressure.

The forwards have to finish clinically and not waste opportunities like we did against Steaua Bucharest.

I see Guardiola studying the match we played Borussia Monchengladbach last season to see what Pellegrini got right against them. Despite two tough games against Monchengladbach, Pellegrini came out the winner in both encounters.

Guardiola expects other English Premier League teams to adopt the approach of Monchengladbach. An approach that was tough for him to beat. If other teams adopt this pattern, winning the English Premier League will not come easy. That is why Guardiola wants the team to improve.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/city-not-good-enough-to-win-premier.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49am On Sep 13, 2016
[size=14pt]Manchester City Will Not Change Their Style To Adapt To Monchengladbach[/size]

Guardiola did not beat Borussia Monchengladbach in his last four meetings while he was coach of Bayern Munich. This will not make Guardiola consider changing his possession-heavy attacking style to combat the high pressing game of Monchengladbach.

Guardiola believes his possession-heavy style is the best way to win games. He believes if Manchester City master his style, they will win more games than the ones they will lose or draw.

It is a system that brought him success in the past, although there are different variations in each team he coached. Changing his style is not an option because he believes it is the best way for the team to achieve success.

“What do you mean give up your style?” Guardiola said when asked whether he would consider changing his style if it was guaranteed to bring him a place in the final

“I try to convince my players to keep the ball in Champions League, Capital One Cup, Bundesliga, friendly games because that is the best way to win games.

“Every manager in the world makes their ideas with their players because they believe that is the best way. I am not a romantic guy.

“When you achieve with the best teams in Europe and they beat you it is because they are good players or luckier than you. Of course I am going to adapt.

“The way we attack now is completely different from Bayern Munich or Barcelona because the players are completely different.

“The way we have to adapt to Kun, to Kelechi. When we play with David Silva it is completely different from Fabian Delph. The way we want to play is because we believe we have more chance to win the games.”

Changing our style is not an option. We need to keep working on it and perfecting our plays. The system fails when there are mistakes, not the system. Claudio Bravo's mistake is a good example when there was no communication with Stones that led to Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal. Bravo's other mistake came from his heavy touch that made the ball drift far.

The more we conquer tough teams that press us, the fiercer and more confident we become.

We should keep working on the system and specialize on it. That is the way we will get stronger. Changing our approach is a quick fix that will weaken us in a long run.

http://justcityzens..com/2016/09/manchester-city-will-not-change-their.html?m=0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pele Reportedly Moved To End-of-life Care / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 14th April 2019 / Manchester City Vs PSG UCL (2 - 1) On 24th November 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.