Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Somebody Help!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Somebody Help!! (3323 Views)

Please Can Somebody Tell Me What This Small Boy Is Looking At? / *(photo)* This Is Somebody's Husband And Father / I Want To Bless Somebody On Nairaland Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
Re: Somebody Help!! by Godmother(f): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
I don't think there's any 'good' way to break the news. She's going to be heartbroken, disappointed and feel she failed as a parent no matter how you tell her.

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Help!! by DonCortino: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
She has to have d baby! There us nothing u can do. Or better still marry d person responsible for it.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
You and your sister are screwed grin cry
Re: Somebody Help!! by 5minsmadness: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
Please people i will go straight to d point, my 18years old younger sister told me on monday morning that she is pregnant, now abortion is out of the queston. The issue right now is how do i tell my mom who has been through thick and thin to raise us up considering the fact that she is a single parent, our father can be said be an absent father. Jesus am so heart broken, the responsibility of an eldest child has come knocking on me, pls nairalanders help me suggest how you think i should tell my mum

1. Find a time when all three of you will be free without interruptions.

2. Make sure the environment is a serene, calm one. The parlour will do if you live in your own house. If u live in a community environment take the discussion to the inner room or bedroom.

3. Begin by telling your mom that something terrible has happened. Dont tell her immediately what it is. Tell her it involves the health of your junior sister and that no matter how bad it is, life goes on. This thought will make your mom's mind run wild but calm her and tell her to please listen with patience.

4. If your mom gets violent and wild REFUSE TO GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL SHE HAS CALMED DOWN. Tell her u will not say any more until she relaxes. If its too much walk out with your sister until she calms down.

5. If your mom doesnt get violent but listen calmly then its time to drop the bombshell. Tell her without mincing words : Ifeoma is pregnant.

6. Allow her to react. Give her time to shout or cry or whatever. Do not let her get violent with your junior sister for any reason but let her pour her emotions out.

7. Your junior sister should proceed to kneel down on the floor and apologize for bringing this calamity upon her mother. She should be sorry from the depth of her heart.

8. Your mom will take over from there.

All the best.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Somebody Help!! by okirewaju(f): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
The poster above me has said it all

Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Help!! by bennyrazz: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
@merryglad Kai, 18yrs old girl is pregnant? the deed has been done, no need crying over spilt milk. Breaking the news to your mother will surely be devastating because she will feel she has not done her job very well as a single parent. I really feel pity for your mum but the man that got your sister pregnant must accept the responsibilities of the baby, his family must be involved and they should be ready to take care of both your sister and the baby.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
DonCortino:
She has to have d baby! There us nothing u can do. Or better still marry d person responsible for it.
she is keeping the baby...am sure of that
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
You and your sister are screwed grin cry
are you married Sadduce
Re: Somebody Help!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
are you married Sadduce
Nope
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2016
5minsmadness:

1. Find a time when all three of you will be free without interruptions.

2. Make sure the environment is a serene, calm one. The parlour will do if you live in your own house. If u live in a community environment take the discussion to the inner room or bedroom.

3. Begin by telling your mom that something terrible has happened. Dont tell her immediately what it is. Tell her it involves the health of your junior sister and that no matter how bad it is, life goes on. This thought will make your mom's mind run wild but calm her and tell her to please listen with patience.

4. If your mom gets violent and wild REFUSE TO GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL SHE HAS CALMED DOWN. Tell her u will not say any more until she relaxes. If its too much walk out with your sister until she calms down.

5. If your mom doesnt get violent but listen calmly then its time to drop the bombshell. Tell her without mincing words : Ifeoma is pregnant.

6. Allow her to react. Give her time to shout or cry or whatever. Do not let her get violent with your junior sister for any reason but let her pour her emotions out.

7. Your junior sister should proceed to kneel down on the floor and apologize for bringing this calamity upon her mother. She should be sorry from the depth of her heart.

8. Your mom will take over from there.

All the best.
thanks alot, thanks for not casting blames and throwing stones

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
bennyrazz:
@merryglad Kai, 18yrs old girl is pregnant? the deed has been done, no need crying over spilt milk. Breaking the news to your mother will surely be devastating because she will feel she has not done her job very well as a single parent. I really feel pity for your mum but the man that got your sister pregnant must accept the responsibilities of the baby, his family must be involved and they should be ready to take care of both your sister and the baby.
i tire ooo, d funniest part is i could have swore on her behalf, but what can i do now? She is my sister still
Re: Somebody Help!! by sisisioge: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
Wake up in the morning. Tell the silly girl to knee in front of your mom with at least 5m distance ( to avoid unforeseen contingencies). Then tell her to use her mouth to say it. Rubbish! Whew! Rubbish! Whew! Rubbbbbbish! Chai!

Sorry dearie, I'm so angry on your behalf. But its not as much your headache as the pregnant girl's. She should start appreciating the vicious circle... Let her take all the responsibility. Pele.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
Nope
my sister is far better than you, ask me how
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
bennyrazz:
hmmm thanks
Re: Somebody Help!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
my sister is far better than you, ask me how
There's no such thing as a life that's better than yours *jcole's voice* why should I ask you how? undecided am I crazy? Oh I forgot grin
Re: Somebody Help!! by bennyrazz: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
i tire ooo, d funniest part is i could have swore on her behalf, but what can i do now? She is my sister still
she is your sister o, the only thing you can do now is to love and support her. I know she might be stigmatized in the environment you stay in but at least she would have learnt her lesson after the whole isssshhhh.
Re: Somebody Help!! by sexymoma(f): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tell her to take you to the bobo wey do the thing
when you see the bobo biko nor fight ooo, nor do as if you dey vex
ask the guy to take you to his parent "that s if his parents stays in lag gan"
explain things to him nd his parent... pls i'll suggest not to bring an opinion of her getting married to him cos your sis career don end be dat ooo
Re: Somebody Help!! by byvan03: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
Sorry dear, just tell your mum. She can consider giving it up for adoption if there is no father in sight. She made a mistake, hopefully she learns.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
There's no such thing as a life that's better than yours *jcole's voice* why should I ask you how? undecided am I crazy? Oh I forgot grin
of cause you are crazy....wish you well in your crazy world
Re: Somebody Help!! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
kiss
Merryglad:
of cause you are crazy....wish you well in your crazy world
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
sexymoma:
Tell her to take you the bobo wey do the thing
when you see the bobo biko nor fight ooo, nor do as if you dey vex
ask the guy to take you to his parent "that s if his parents stays in lag gan"
explain things to him nd his parent... pls i'll suggest not to bring an opinion of her getting married to him cos your sis career don end be dat ooo

the first question i asked her was what she plan to do after giving birth to the baby...she said she wants to go back to school. Lets see how it plays out, thanks for your kind words
Re: Somebody Help!! by sexymoma(f): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
the first question i asked her was what she plan to do after giving birth to the baby...she said she wants to go back to school. Lets see how it plays out, thanks for your kind words
pls i beg you... don't allow her stay with that dude cos before you say jack she don get second belle ooo and that's how it gonna continue.

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Help!! by Beremx(f): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
What of the guy that impregnated her? What's he saying?
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
byvan03:
Sorry dear, just tell your mum. She can consider giving it up for adoption if there is no father in sight. She made a mistake, hopefully she learns.
the guy has accepted the pregnancy, the only issue now is how to tell my mum, but thanks to nairalanders
Re: Somebody Help!! by sexymoma(f): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
the guy has accepted the pregnancy, the only issue now is how to tell my mum, but thanks to nairalanders
your mumsy never dey see signs...lolz i trust ma mama... she go don call you tell you say "sexymoma you are two week, two days and 15mins pregnant"

7 Likes

Re: Somebody Help!! by byvan03: 4:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:

OK, just tell her, no one died.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Merryglad(f): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2016
sexymoma:
your mumsy never dey see signs...lolz i trust ma mama... she go don call you tell you say "sexymoma you are two week, two days and 15mins pregnant"
yesterday mumsy dey tell her to arrange her bra well i just dey look my sister eyeball to eyeball....but you know trust things na
Re: Somebody Help!! by sexymoma(f): 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
yesterday mumsy dey tell her to arrange her bra well i just dey look my sister eyeball to eyeball....but you know trust things na
my sister no time wey she nor go hear... sit her down, if possible ask you sis to be on her kneels before you even start the speech, if mumsy say make she stand up nor answer ooo.... just drop am, if you can tell in your language, it'll be more easier... go on your kneels with her after dropping the bombshell chai i can't imagine...
Re: Somebody Help!! by 5minsmadness: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
Merryglad:
thanks alot, thanks for not casting blames and throwing stones

Hey, sh!t happens. We ALL (everyone on this thread) make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them, be wiser, and move on.

P. S, do not make her go on her knees from the onset, else your mom will figure it out early and it will be more difficult for you to control her rage. I've told u my own. Its left for u to do what u want.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help!! by 5minsmadness: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
kiss
Hehe.
I'm liking u small small.
Lets see how your character unfolds.
Re: Somebody Help!! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
grin cheesy
5minsmadness:

Hehe.
I'm liking u small small.
Lets see how your character unfolds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / My Ex Collected Money From Me To Celebrate Her Hubby's Birthday / Nigerian Pastor In The UK Says missionary Is The Only Holy Sexual Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.