Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,319 members, 7,829,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? (5847 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by nicebabe1(f): 4:26am On Oct 02, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]Of cos i dress decent but my Bf can't be de one to dictate what am 2 wear cos dat was de way he meet me except when i get married then as a married lady i should know de kind of cloth 2 avoid.1 LOVE wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by isaaccool1: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2009
Igwe, you av said all wot i want to say. I av d right to dictate wot my GF is gonna wear. My wife to be.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by haywhydott: 7:51am On Oct 02, 2009
it depends on what the guy want anyway
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by yonybanta(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2009
Monitoring each other appearance is good, but the situation where by only the guy monitored is authocratic which is detrimentatal to any relationship.

But guys should learn to (avoid) get rid of any lady that does not value herself to the extend of dressing like a sexual tool instead of dressing as a responsible lady who can gather reputation to herself, her family and her guy.

If you have a girl that persistently dress like a potential prostitute, despite your constant correction, then you should know that she has grown beyond repair and so you can't change any person rather than God. in this situation learn to flee away.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Ben13: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2009
It's not necessary
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by chic09(f): 11:05am On Oct 02, 2009
A gud bunch of u nairalanders jst mouth rubbish. U dnt even no d A's of a r/ship let alone d Z's of it. Dnt av mch 2 say than a girl who says yes to 1 guy then anoda & anoda & anoda,is definitely not worth it. And any guy who wnts 2 show off his gf only depicts himself a coward & notin else. These dyz its like r/ship is only abt showing off.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by cyny: 11:29am On Oct 02, 2009
sure 4 someone u care about why not
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by julianH(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2009
I agree with people who were/are of the that two weeks is too early for that: for me it depends on the guy's intention and the way he goes about it.

If he goes about it subtly, it okay but if not, am not not gamed!

The defintion of "sexy" is relative!
And to tell you the truth (LADIES), There is no right-thinking-man
who cares about you would want you to be on dresses that reveals oo much.

This does not mean that they will close their when they see other chicks in such dresses
but from their own, no way!

There is no right-thinking-man who is worth his salt that will close his eyes to indecent dressing by his chick, child, sister or even friend's children!

REASON? MEN EGO and I swear it is perfectly normal.

We should not also forget that they way YOU DRESS IS THE WAY YOU WILL BE ADDRESSED.

DRESS responsibly and you WILL ATTRACT RESPONSIBLE men and if you DO NOT,
THE reverse is the case!

And for going to club or not,
WHY SHOULD A GUY ALLOW HIS GIRL TO GO CLUBBING ALONE (without him?).

Any sense of responsibility of the part of the girl in question?

DOES NOT MAKE ANY (LOGIC/REASONABLE0 SENSE people!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nezan(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
He picked her from a club, so what does he expect to see?
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Secretz:

Even if man put ring for my finger sef, does that then give him right to tell me how to dress? f*** OFF!

However, there are some men, who RECOMMEND that their girl doesn't wear certain items of clothing to a club because of the impression it may give of her to others, having nothing to do with insecurity, or jealousy. . . which I totally get.  grin

grin grin Yeah i can understand that but it won't do with me sha grin I like impressions.  People always think they know me when they know jack grin I like to surprise those who i feel are worth it.  The others can sleep on the impressions jare cheesy
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by FELIX30(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
I had a gf whom i taught so much about dressing. what i do is jst allow her settle down for discussion and i will start by telling her the kind of dresses i like seeing on young ladies, how they appear on those dresses and men's generall reaction to clothes women wear, always using myself as example. with that, she understood my likes and dislikes about her dressing and she gradually changed those ones she noticed that i dont like.

To pass infos to your wife should not always be a "MUST MUST" situation
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by julianH(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
FELIX30 (m)

BLESS YOU JARE.

What is wrong is wrong no matter how you try to package it
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Oluschenco(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
2 weeks or 2 years, if the latter, i can sure monitor her. But if the former, the guy sure needs to consult a Physician. Besides they met at a club.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by staceybb: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2009
I know of many people like this,
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Vavavoom(m): 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
I have weighed the pros and cons in this matter and have come to the conclusion that why so many differ is because of CHOICE. The consequence of which we can hardly persuade each other. A guy sees a chic and becomes attracted, most of the times to the features of the chic, helped undeniably by her enhancers( clothes, jewelries, perfurme the whole shebang). He goes in thinking, ''I can change the way she dresses(for eg)'' without as much as giving into the alternative. So hope fails to materailise and instead replaced by grief and chaos, the relationship weakens. The same is true for women too. They go in thinking, " I will change/stop his smoking habits'' and when it doesn't happen grieve. Wholesale changes can be dramatic and relationship breakers. Like someone, Felix30 said, u can pass lovingly your desire( not as a law) of how u'd like your spouse/bf/gf/wife to appear without coarsing them. WE NEVER CAN CHANGE A PERSONIF THEY DON'T WANT TO, ONLY THE PERSON HAS THAT POWER. wetin i sabi, make we dey go twele twele o!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2009
Well I guess it depends on the girl and man your dating. . .whoever am dating needs to understand me. . . I do not necessarily dress anyhow but I love looking good. . .not because I wanna look good for him or anyone. . .but because I know when you look good. . .and you know you look good. . .you feel good. . .and luckily my man understands this. . .Also I believe there's a difference between looking sexy and classy. . . and a difference between looking sexy and trashy. . .

So a lady doesn't have to be trashy to look good and sexy. . .
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by ehie007(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
I like my gf looking good at all times, and i guess she apprciates my been monitoring her and suggesting good looks for her,

at all times we go out, she must look very good and attractive, all attention on her, and very less attention on me,
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by scottN(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
Well as long as we go out together, she can wear anything from sexy to skimpy to moderately. However if she wants to go out without me then she has to dress moderately!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Vavavoom(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Well I guess it depends on the girl and man your dating. . .whoever am dating needs to understand me. . . I do not necessarily dress anyhow but I love looking good. . .not because I wanna look good for him or anyone. . .but because I know when you look good. . .and you know you look good. . .you feel good. . .and luckily my man understands this. . .Also I believe there's a difference between looking sexy and classy. . . and a difference between looking sexy and trashy. . .

So a lady doesn't have to be trashy to look good and sexy. . .

Thoniaslim, that line in between classy, sexy and thrashy is confusingly thin and gets thinner by the day. It is relative to many eyes, the modern man is confident in his wify's classy and sexy looks. But there's the other woman who is sexy but thrashy as well loved by her man, who loves what he sees beyond the fabric at the time. He veers close and hopes to change the Cheer in her in time but knows not how in his approach. He falls short and yakata starts. What can we tolerate. The 80/20% rule treats such matters. Anyone who cannot tolerate the 20% they don't like in their relationship should consider leaving otherwise they are most bound to hit it rough at some junction.

@ Poster, d bobo no like am after 2 weeks e no go like am after 40 years! We all hope to change something in our relationships, his is her dressing, another's could be, whatever discontentment we hold let's remember to put ourselves in the other person's shoes and picture whatever is their struggle. twele twele dey go.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by kalmebad(f): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2009
@topic

Which ever way, i wont mind if my guy monitors what i wear as much as it's for good intention and not for his own selfish reasons, selfish in the sense of possessiveness., good intentions because he meant well and could do same to his sister. Sometimes people need to be our own mirror regdless.

I REMMEBER THOSE DAYS i will innocently wear tops that will have lil of my tommy to bare,lil did i know that it means different thing to those who doesn't know me too well, my boyfriend then stopped me, He said to me, dress in way that u can be sure of men wooing u becus of who u are and not by what they see.

An uncle of mine, told me same thing on another different occassion, bliv me i was wearing those clothes  either for reasons of wat was avaliable, or  i bought them and they suddenly turn out to be dat way eventually.

Till today i appreciated that aspect of my life they changed and i can't be caught wearing such again, the lesson from it was that they really care and could see beyound my own reasoning.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by malcolm(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
Well, wen i still had her to myself, i just allowed her radiance glow without compelling its ray to absolve myself. NO, just adore her beauty and sassitism.

i want ma angei killing with her top tipping, ass-swagging, titts screaming, Hot calling "I WANT YOU NOW BABY, RIGHT HERE & NOW WE CAN DO IT HERE BABY LOOK".

I want ma girl always hottiiie!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Druss(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2009
Yes i do - as she does mine. We are a couple and represent each other.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by ayobase(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
I will have to monitor if the need arises,
so that she wont bring home diseases!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Adebhayor(m): 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2009
"2wks" I don't think is too early to correct d way ur GF dresses; der is nuttin wrong abt dat if d love is really there.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Gamine(f): 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2009
eh hen so this happens

now i have truly seen everyting
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by obiksam(m): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2009
For me'ooh the guy does not have any right to dictate on
what the girl should wear and what not to wear just for 2 weeks, he is kiding.
I always encourage my wife to look more than even sexy,
day or night, inside or out side our house.
Abegi i no mean make she dress nud'oooh.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Anabel(f): 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
what!!!!!!!I can never stop looking sexy, not in my life
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by foyeks2001(f): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
Oluschenco:

2 weeks or 2 years, if the latter, i can sure monitor her. But if the former, the guy sure needs to consult a Physician. Besides they met at a club.

i wonder too oo
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Oghenewoke: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2009
No problem wit dat provided she dos'nt cheat on me

Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Oghenewoke: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2009
No problem wit dat provided she dos'nt cheat on me

Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 7:41am On May 02, 2015
africhika:
it seems like guys can't stand the idea of their GF showing even her legs in public, esp. if she has nice legs. but she was exposing legs b4 the relationship.
u sed b4 d relationship ryt? So nw hu doz she want to still "catch" wit doz left legs of hrz? Wen in a relationship, b decent! Datz ma take...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What I Released While Forking Graphic Photos. / [PHOTOS] 24yr-old Naija P0rnstar Str!ps As S3xy Nurse In Her Debut S3x Scene! / This Is How Sperm Taste Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.