Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. (21393 Views)

Help I Just Had My First Carryover / 15 Things Every Nigerian Will Remember About Reproductn Class In Secndry Sch. / My Friend Has Five Carryover In Her First Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Edroom: 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
You see a lot of students going for rectification form after their results have been pasted. Believe me, many students are brilliant and still have carryovers. I have seen First Class students having carryover, so you see it might not really rely on how much you read or study. Below are helpful tips to know to avoid carryover:

1. Determination: this very important, students need to determine the grade they want to have in their exam, although this don’t always work but I believe it always spur students to dedication and discipline.

2. Attend Lectures: you need to attend lectures to prevent failure, some schools give minimum number of class appearance before you are allow to right exam. Imagine a student that is denied the opportunity of writing exam, such is automatic carryover. Another thing is that class attendance due carry marks, so don’t miss some free marks by staying away from class.

3. Connect yourself with brilliant friends: birds of same feather flock together, when you work with serious students you will develop yourself, gain and learn new things.

4. Always ask for help: there is nothing to shy about, no one is highland of knowledge, when you don’t know a work or you don’t understand, kindly take it to students that will help you, you really need to understand.

5. Involve yourself in practical works: practical works carry huge amount of marks in your exam. It is believed that a student that misses his/her practical has lost 40% of the total mark.

6. Fill your Manuals well: this is also very important, manual is a book that contains different assignments on various topics learned in class. It is often used to determine whether students understand the semester course or not. Take time to fill the manual, fill it well, draw the possible diagram and solve the necessary calculations.

7. Verify your test scores[/b]: whenever tests score are released, create time to verify whether your score is correct or not. You know your ability, you can easily gauge the work you did and the result to see if there is correlation. If you see missing score, report to the department for correction.

8. [b] Prepare well for Exam:
you can’t sow beans and expect rice, it’s impossible. Create time to read, abstain from things that can distract you. It takes disciple and courage, exam is only for a while there is time for rest so endure the time of reading.

9. Be courageous: you don’t need to be scared, no matter how difficult the exam, believe in yourself. Courage takes 50% in an examination, if you don’t know it but have confidence, it will stimulate your brain in fast and quick thinking which will help you solve the exam.

10. Always write your name and matric number: it’s unfortunate that some brilliant students after investing their time to write good answers forget to write name and matric number, this often lead to failure.

11. Don’t involve yourself in malpractice: you can do it, you are born to rule, stop malpractice, it will cause failure if caught. I see students get a penalized with minus marks in some difficult exams. One now wonder the mark left to pass.

12. Finish your time: [/b]it’s your time, finish before you submit. Even when you face difficult questions take time to think before submitting. Some students will submit exam of 2hrs 30mins in 15mins, you can imagine what they wrote.

13. [b]Submit your exam
: this is very important, some students mistakenly take their answer paper outside the examination hall before realizing they’ve not submitted.

14. Check notice board for callback: always check notice board to see if you have callback for the exam you’ve written.

15. Commit you exam to God’s hand: you need God’s help, no matter what you have written.

source is http://www.9jaread.com/2016/07/15-things-you-must-know-to-avoid.html

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by sinaj(f): 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
The most important is 15.

Because even if you do no 1-14, ur village witches might send a mercenary dat will use ur mat no. to cover up his tricks which will make u end up having missing scripts.

That doesn't stop u frm preparing tho.

Have u ever wondered why intelligent people end up with xtra year sometimes? Lol

No 15 all the way jare! Psalm 127:1

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Iscoalarcon: 12:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks op

Lalasticlala I think other people need to see this cool
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by jazinogold(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
cheesy

We know all these and apply them...yet carry over still dy rise each semester like the price of dollars!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by veekid(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
If you like make the list 100; no where the case touch; person wey go fail go still fail
Anyways! Nice write up,more oil to your brain

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Submit your assignments and pray in traffic grin

13. Submit your exam: this is very important, some students mistakenly take their answer paper outside the examination hall before realizing they’ve not submitted. Buhari sef shocked
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by coalcoal1(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
yes
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by tdayof(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nice post!
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by nairaschool01(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
lol.........Bleep carry over all student are bound to take course over

2 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Lukmann1: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
A sensible student will knowed all this you just posting on here 0p.
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by chydii(f): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2016
This should be renamed to " university starter pack" undecided
Was expecting something that wasn't common knowledge

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Engrobiorah(m): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
Some wicked lecturers will still fail you after these

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
What about acting like Zombies to your Lordturers? Acting like a shameless fool in the face of tyranny?
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by zicjoe(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
[quote author=sinaj post=48805302]True. But some students take that no 15 too serious and neglects others.
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Zedoo(m): 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
jazinogold:
cheesy

We know all these and apply them...yet carry over still dy rise each semester like the price of dollars!

#NightClassTableNodder detected.

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by kayc0(f): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
The pple i mingle with have carryover in courses they dont even offer,talk less of courses they offer

I want brilliant friends nw, if u r brilliant qoute me pls
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Ada9103(f): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Yeaaa

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by ItsawrapOutfit: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
I hope this generation of pokemon go would adhere to this ancient landmark for great grades
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
No. 10 happened to me once. My question paper wasn't complete and I didn't write my name on the answer sheet because I was still in shock about the incomplete qp.
I also forgot to staple it when I submitted it. When I remembered at home I started shaking, I was so scared and started calling the instructors' office number. She sha stapled it for me and I got an A in the exam.

15 is most important
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Rushtec(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
MY GREATEST HARD TIME IS WHEN I SEE 29F in my CSE 202, AFTER I HAD 83A IN CSE 201 IN MY 200L...... I DONT EVEN KNW HOW IT CAME LIKE THAT. I REWRITE IT IN MY 500L, COS NO SPACE MOST MY UNIT WAS 23, 24UNT ALL THROUGH. I LETA GO 90A.

THAT WAS THE ONLY CARRY OVER I HAD DURING MY SKUL DAYS FROM CLASS 1 TO 500L
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by jessetom(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Never forget The course code tongue
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by dammywapes(m): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
sinaj:
t s buff u must write meaning full thing in d exam even more than test
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by ozil123: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
ok
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by femi4: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
kayc0:
But babe without proper preperation i dnt thnk one should expect miracles
you will not know the importance of point 15 until your lecturer records 18 for you instead of 81

4 Likes

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by slymkay6: 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
thanks allot
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by Forzap: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
I do most of all dese u wrote...stil dem go still dey detain person undecided angry undecided
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by dammywapes(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
I don't like course that s attach with practical work. most of d scores goes to practical work. HKE106 for oou tho. seeing d result back den in 100l shock me, couldn't eat for 3 days. just because i miss only d practical exam. pple for oou will understand. where person write physics 4unit no fail com write d 1 of 2 unit com fail. my only carry over in year 1 in oou

1 Like

Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by ikehernest5: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
i can never avoid #11. i started dat since my primary 5 and it has been wrkn well for my gud. .....brain support
Re: 15 Things You Must Know To Avoid Carryover In Your Exams. by pwettiejay(f): 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
This carryover over is presently what I'm going though, I had missing script and now I'm asked to write it as a carryover course, its really not easy angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Complete Timetable For The May/june 2018 WASSCE / Share Your Embarrassing Examination Day Experiences / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.