Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU (25283 Views)

Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by AdeKamal(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2016
Alexgeneration:
I'm so ashamed with the kind of students we have in our institutions of learning.Why can't our students make research on a particular issue before coming out to disgrace their institutions and lecturers?I'm a student of Abia State Polytechnic and I want to tell that OP that he just showed the world that his institution lacks good lecturers. The man that named his dog Buhari is not guilty of any offence,be it breach of public peace or whatever you call it.Consider the Supreme court's interpretation of section 249(1)(d) of the criminal code cap 29 vol 11 laws of Ogun state of Nigeria in the case between Nelson Ohanyere & 9 VS IGP(1957)SCNLR 213.Check section 39CFRN. Also check section 36(12) CFRN. Students don't argue like touts,we argue with FACTS. #Peace

u can even sue him for defamation of character...
people should stop being callous... Nigeria is greater than all these barbaricity.. if you think it's easy, tell people in your area to stop burning bush or dirty at night, to stop pouring dirt.garbage into the gutter /river and to be using generator less often or stop drinking coke and beer because they are harmful ...

u'll see how easy it is to bring #Change

u'l
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by nek12: 9:46am On Aug 26, 2016
Femich18:

You are very right...The man even wrote the name on the dog and took it to a place dominated by the Hausas.He had a bad motive for his action

Hmm, so many twist on this story just to favour them. Did he take it to Hausa dominated area or the man resides in that area? So he can't stroll again with his dog because the dogs name is Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by abeeceebee: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm not a lawyer neither am I vast in knowledge of how our warped and segmented law works, but from what I read above, that means anybody who blaspheme and insult Islam or the Prophet Mohammed are also guilty. It means they've also committed a crime, which is intention of breaching public peace, cos we know how our Muslim brothers act when it has to do with their religion or their prophet.

If you ask me, I'll say Obasi Chinedu is allowing sentiment to cloud his reasoning. A man should be allowed to name his dog whatever name he choose. I see no reason why I should be angry or feel ridiculed if a man name his dog Joseph, rather I'll be flattered and complimented that the man chose to immortalise me by naming his dog after me, because whether he knows it or not, he inadvently just made me the guardian of his life. grin grin grin
i agree with u jare. The Op has failed to realised that many people in this tread are dogs in human skin that is why they fail to see anything wrong in naming ones dog after spmebody who is close to you especially when we are not in western world. Why did accused not name the dog after his wife since he claim he loved the dog or does he love Buhari more than he does his wife?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by roymary: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Decrozz:
impeached on what basis? Why is common sense so alien to majority of you people? The op has stated the obvious facts

Common sense should also remind you no one got a write up from this same guy when Fulani slaughters his kinsmen on a regular in Enugu?

Considering the current state of the country no tribe should patronize the other until those old heads come together and lay good examples.

The land is in messy state. People are angry.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Greenback: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2016
HtwoOw:
The real dogs with Buhari's signboard on their foreheads will soon invade the tread and tell us how this writeup is wrong

The man was arraigned for disturbing the peace, trying to cause an ethnic riot ,

Instead of getting the erdyot arrested , if the Northerners had killed him for that stupidity , the other erdyots will come to the northerners to retaliate and so on and so forth till it gets out of hand .

I'll just wait here for them to mention me
zoogerian,check ur 4head..lols
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm not a lawyer neither am I vast in knowledge of how our warped and segmented law works, but from what I read above, that means anybody who blaspheme and insult Islam or the Prophet Mohammed are also guilty. It means they've also committed a crime, which is intention of breaching public peace, cos we know how our Muslim brothers act when it has to do with their religion or their prophet.

If you ask me, I'll say Obasi Chinedu is allowing sentiment to cloud his reasoning. A man should be allowed to name his dog whatever name he choose. I see no reason why I should be angry or feel ridiculed if a man name his dog Joseph, rather I'll be flattered and complimented that the man chose to immortalise me by naming his dog after me, because whether he knows it or not, he inadvently just made me the guardian of his life. grin grin grin

What was the purpose of printing the name on the body of the dog?
What was he trying to achieve with that move?

Answer these on a post card
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2016
Morally it is wrong but legally he has not committed any offense.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by pappy4real(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2016
honestly, this guy has spoken well. no one should go about instigating trouble that could be avoided.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Sulaimon01(m): 9:52am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

By Allah, You're an hypocrite. People like you won't let this country move forward

1 Like

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by erico2k2(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2016
calyto:

So how will you feel if a Hausa MUSLIM names his dog Jesus, writes the name on his dog's body, and walks into your church compound with it?
What did that young lady say on the alter that made Bishop Oyedepo take laws into his hands to slap her?
What i understand from Chinedu's write up is that the guy is creating unnecessary where people are living peacefully.
I for o ne would laugh at teh owner and think he has gone insane and leave it at that.
PS there are loads of people called JESUS in south America.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Alvyn69(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2016
Truth is a bitter pill that is very hard to swallow. Take all sentiment out of ur thoughts lets face fact as it is, u sef tink am? printing the name Buhari on the body of dat particular dog is obviously a breach of public peace. Take it or leave it!
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by LordOfNaira: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

You are still not getting the point. There is nothing bad in naming your dog "Buhari" but writing it boldly on the dog's body and parading it around in neighborhoods that might take offense to it is provocative.

Might I ask you what you think his motive could be for boldly writing "Buhari" on his dog?

I am not ruling out the fact that he might have not meant it as a provocation, but he was arrested because his actions were provocative.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by erico2k2(m): 9:54am On Aug 26, 2016
ollah1:

What was the purpose of printing the name on the body of the dog?
What was he trying to achieve with that move?

Answer these on a post card
Thats what people do when they are trying to prove a point and he has.PMB is not more important than Trump or Obama
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Kekeiyke(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2016
I don't think this little informed OP is writing from the Den.However,if you are really well aware of the story,Joe has not been found guilty of any crime just charged to court and granted bail.There is no provision in the constitution of the FRN that violates one naming his dog or pet any name.When you talk of public peace, may be you have to prove what constitutes 'public peace' until then just shut the hell up and listen to people who know better before showing how ignorant and shallow you are on this matter.For your enlightement I recommend you read Abati's article on Today's Gaurdian Newspaper...if u would have the time..Lastly I am a Super Lion, I don't think UNN has somebody as empty as you...If she does,may be now.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by bay767: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2016
Edunews:

- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Deputy Speaker,
Students Union
University of Nigeria!

Over to the wailers
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by President99: 10:00am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

Could U name ur dog after ur father?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Femich18(m): 10:03am On Aug 26, 2016
nek12:

Hmm, so many twist on this story just to favour them. Did he take it to Hausa dominated area or the man resides in that area? So he can't stroll again with his dog because the dogs name is Buhari?
Nobody said he can't stroll. Let's be candid the man had a wrong motive because he intentionally went to Hausa Dominated area...Let us call a spade a spade
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by President99: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

Could U name ur dog after ur father or Ur neighbour names his/her dog after ur beloved father?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by LordOfNaira: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2016
Kekeiyke:
I don't think this little informed OP is writing from the Den.However,if you are really well aware of the story,Joe has not been found guilty of any crime just charged to court and granted bail.There is no provision in the constitution of the FRN that violates one naming his dog or pet any name.When you talk of public peace, may be you have to prove what constitutes 'public peace' until then just shut the hell up and listen to people who know better before showing how ignorant and shallow you are on this matter.For your enlightement I recommend you read Abati's article on Today's Gaurdian Newspaper...if u would have the time..Lastly I am a Super Lion, I don't think UNN has somebody as empty as you...If she does,may be now.

It is commonsense, it doesn't have to be in the constitution to arrest at instances when you think somebody's actions might lead to a break down of law and order. I can't understand what is so difficult to understand in the reason the police gave for the arrest.

At least, the man has been freed. But the arrest was good. If some miscreants had used the opportunity to commit crimes now over this issue, you will all be blaming Buhari and the police for incompetence.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Tintinnoty(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2016
nedu2000:
He is guilty yes but should that result in his incarceration? A warning or/and community service would've been adequate. He is not a felon

he was not incarcerated he was only remanded in custody pending when he'll perfect his bail conditions.....
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by OkoNDOoBo: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

Mr Man I think your brain is working anti-clockwise.
Let me summarise the passage. For you.

1. He never said it his unconstitutional to give the president name after the Dog. infact u Can give ur pastor name to ur pet.

2. If you do so don't use it to instigate violence.

3. You write the name buhari bodly on the Dog and Took it round an Hausa community, through this there will be provocations and confrontation which will lead to violence and cause breach of peace.

4. The reason why he was arrested is because this act can lead to breach of peace and cause violence ,And the constitution is clear on it anybody that cause breach of peace in the society should be arrested, detained,and charge to court
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by bay767: 10:16am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

please did you read the write up all, if you did, did you understand what you read at all if not receive sense to understand
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by barcaboi(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2016
TippyTop:

Why did the writer give Onitsha as an example rather than Ibadan where it happened? Doesn't fit in with the writers narrative abi?
An Hausa man proudly displayed a dog with Jonathan as it's name and nothing happened.
Protesters proudly stoned Jonathan’s convoy and nothing happened but do same to Buratai and the entire Shiites were nearly wiped out.
The truth is that Buhari hates criticism, he sees himself as a demi God.
This man promulgated the infamous decree4 of 1984 to stop people criticising him, he has a violent nature.
I'm surprised u said it happened in ibadan. ...go find out again...also, did you take note of the moment they said the complainant father is alhaji buhari?....Gradually y'all dragged the issue 2 PMB.....haba
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by ebenholer(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2016
I guess the above writer is conceiving moves of vying for political post. We don't need such episodes of word on this matter. We all know the man might be wrong by moral perception, but his purported neighbors could be wrong too by trying to take law into their hands. And the police too erred for such insensible arrest borne out of not properly proved evidences. What the writer wrote above as evidences might be wrong as they were all made up by the police. You don't stay in nsuka to say what u don't have knowledge of. Beside, the writer comment is out of tune with reality cos it was based on news he heard, and instead of facing his studies as undergraduate, he prefers seeking publicity. someone should better advise him to face his studies first before he should start interfering in politics. Peope like him are in government now who have spoilt Nigeria up to this point.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 26, 2016
Edunews:

- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Deputy Speaker,
Students Union
University of Nigeria!

Edunews:

- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Deputy Speaker,
Students Union
University of Nigeria!

You think that your penning down your Igbo names and including your being deputy speaker, Students Union, UNN would authenticate your post ba? Is it not the same SUG Union, UNN, were leaders are being probed for embezzlement of millions and purchase of cars after during their tenure??

Mbok, I'm a Lion too and in UNN, you guys are not even recognized and respected by the students you claim you represent, so don't come here on Nairaland and form politician.

The man in question is not even Igbo anyway, and point of correction, It wasn't in zamfara or kano or jigawa state that this incident happened, it was in Ogun state, a foreign land to both tribes,he wouldn't have done such thing if he were in their land, so your instances of ariaria and onitsha and aba holds no ground.

Also, after the last election result was declared, the hausa's and fulan's in Alaba Alago, Lagos made a coffin and inscribed on it "RIP Jonathan" and took it round the streets and market places, this is just an example of the many ridicules that took place, yet nothing happened, no arrest was made.

I'm not trying to justify what the man did, to be candid, it wasn't mature of him in the first place but my grievance is the extreme bias and loopsidedness of police actions in Nigeria.
The fulani herdsmen have been on a killing spree in nearly all part of Nigeria, yet no notable arrest has been made.
Look at the freshest case of religious extremism in Zamfara state, have any arrest been made yet.
The body language of the security institutions in Nigeria is always cold when it comes to cases of violence in the North.

That is my grievance.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Greenback: 10:21am On Aug 26, 2016
Emmaoga:
*When I first heard the word PSYCHOLOGY in primary
school, I spelt it "Sychology". I didn't know there was a silent'
letter "P" before it as in (Psychology).*
*When Buhari promised Nigerians ₦45 per litre of fuel
during his campaign, I didn't also know there was a silent "1"
before it as in (₦145).*
We learn every day, don't we?

now dogs are been named buhari.....still learning.

waooo...
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by obailala(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2016
The man definitely did what he did intentionally to provoke anger and a possible a breach of peace. What he did isn't a crime but an offence so he should have only received a stern warning (Nigerian police style).
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by jospepper(m): 10:27am On Aug 26, 2016
If the dog had been named Gowon or Jonathan would there have been any furore about it? Would the police have been swift to arrest and detain anyone for the interest of public peace? Have they ever arrested any herdsmen who pose more threat to public peace? What I know is that mere accusations and arraignment don't prove guilt only facts do. Let's see how this matter will end
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by to9ine: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Edunews:

- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Deputy Speaker,
Students Union
University of Nigeria!

Obasi Chinedu!! An Ugandan in whom I'm well pleased.. U just won me over!!
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Kgdavid(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

It seems you refused to read the write up before commenting. Why are you people so stubborn?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by to9ine: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Alexgeneration:
I'm so ashamed with the kind of students we have in our institutions of learning.Why can't our students make research on a particular issue before coming out to disgrace their institutions and lecturers?I'm a student of Abia State Polytechnic and I want to tell that OP that he just showed the world that his institution lacks good lecturers. The man that named his dog Buhari is not guilty of any offence,be it breach of public peace or whatever you call it.Consider the Supreme court's interpretation of section 249(1)(d) of the criminal code cap 29 vol 11 laws of Ogun state of Nigeria in the case between Nelson Ohanyere & 9 VS IGP(1957)SCNLR 213.Check section 39CFRN. Also check section 36(12) CFRN. Students don't argue like touts,we argue with FACTS. #Peace

U just disgraced Abia state polytechnic with this nonsense u just spewed.. People like you do not understand the meaning of being objective.. ..
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by TippyTop(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2016
barcaboi:

I'm surprised u said it happened in ibadan. ...go find out again...also, did you take note of the moment they said the complainant father is alhaji buhari?....Gradually y'all dragged the issue 2 PMB.....haba

So it happened in Kano abi?
I know it happened in one of the SW states but the paid hack deliberately used Ojukwu and Onitsha as example to skew his narrative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! / Dog Saves Owner From Being Attacked In Her House (Video) / Male Horse For Quick Sale... Location Lagos..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.