Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,919 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU (25629 Views)

Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Sotland: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2016
To:

Obasi. D. C. Chinedu

Please, could you tell me where in Nigeria Constitution or Any country constitution where Dog names are listed? If you can boldly tell me where to find it in the constitution then I will agree to your judgement of taking him to the so-called REHAB.

Let's be factual about issues like this and not logical. This Man or Boy has done no wrong. I have seen people name their dog OBAMA, so why would naming a dog BUHARI become a havoc?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Integrity123: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2016
what does the name of a Dog has to do with the economy and food on the table. Is PMB more powerful than Obama. Why did the USA Embassy not accuse Nigeria of disrespecting their President. Please we have more problems bothering us than Dog name. I expected PMB to make a categorical statement that the guy should be allowed to go and no prosecution or gaggling of his family. free us please.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Petroking: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2016
Please read again... You miss points clearly.. Read Obasi Chinedu's Post again.. Then comment... But if you can't read carefully or can't assimilate easily I will help you out. Giving a name to the dog was not the problem, now after giving your dog a name... You take a paint and boldly write that name on both sides of the Dog, Now after doing that you still do not leave that dog in your home or shop rather you take it around the vicinity knowing what might arise. Shh Wait before you comment think... One more thing : people own dogs in your area, how many of the dogs in your area has its name written boldly on both sides of its body... Receive sense and be a sane human being..

joseph1832:
I'm not a lawyer neither am I vast in knowledge of how our warped and segmented law works, but from what I read above, that means anybody who blaspheme and insult Islam or the Prophet Mohammed are also guilty. It means they've also committed a crime, which is intention of breaching public peace, cos we know how our Muslim brothers act when it has to do with their religion or their prophet.

If you ask me, I'll say Obasi Chinedu is allowing sentiment to cloud his reasoning. A man should be allowed to name his dog whatever name he choose. I see no reason why I should be angry or feel ridiculed if a man name his dog Joseph, rather I'll be flattered and complimented that the man chose to immortalise me by naming his dog after me, because whether he knows it or not, he inadvently just made me the guardian of his life. grin grin grin
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by joe4real12: 10:38am On Aug 26, 2016
ANewUser:
Deputy speaker of UNN in the same Enugu where Fulani herdsmen are on rampage ? What has he said about the menace of fulani herdsmen there?
If he really wrote this, he should be impeached immediately.
Although am from the north, I felt the pain when I heard of the invasion by Fulani Herdsmen in Enugu State. This writer, Chinedu shows that "Buhari and Dog" issue is more important to him than the lives of his people - our people, because that's what I expect him to write on - how the menace will stop. Imagine the kind of youths we are having today.
The man who allegedly wrote Buhari on his Dog is not a serious human being. Why do we give him so much popularity. We need to focus on important matters - economy, security, good governance, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by gp66(m): 10:40am On Aug 26, 2016
that is why i love GEJ. when a goat was named and carton-crested "I am Goodluck Jonathan", no public peace was broken, Christians did not kill, Muslims did not fight, everywhere was peaceful.

why must muslims and buhari take democracy for granted? it is high time muslim realised that they dont own NIGERIA.
People should be allowed to name their pet the name they desire to name it.

buy pet and name it whatever u desire...be it christian or muslim name, on the last day the consequences will rise if your intention was evil... no body should fight for her God....I believe my God is more powerful to fight for Himself and for me...Vengeance is of the Lord. it is when your god is lazy or dead that u are free to fight for him...
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by nek12: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Femich18:

Nobody said he can't stroll. Let's be candid the man had a wrong motive because he intentionally went to Hausa Dominated area...Let us call a spade a spade

Guy, he did not go, he resides there. Even if he went there, what is the big deal? As for writing the name on the body, is just a name tag used every where so that what belongs to you today would not belong to another man because you fail to recognize your own. Even if the man's motive was wrong, it should not warrant all these nonsense instead they should have ignored him if they are pained about it. Is best answer to a fool not silence? Or is it not Good morning that brings about How are you? If you no greet person shey e go ask you how you dey?

This people are uneducated so they need people like you and me to put them in the right part that what the man did is nothing.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by joseph1832(m): 10:44am On Aug 26, 2016
Honestly, many Nigerians lack the ability to read and understand.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by calyto: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2016
erico2k2:

I for o ne would laugh at teh owner and think he has gone insane and leave it at that.
PS there are loads of people called JESUS in south America.

1. Everybody is not like you and that's why you are reacting over his arrest and i am cool with it so that answers your statement that you will laugh at the owner.
2.He named his dog after his neighbours father, wrote the name on the dog's body, took the dog to the market and especially the Hausa section so that it will trigger ethnic crisis.

Personally, i will react.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by pippimp(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2016
9jii:
If you didn't see any fault in given a dog human's name,
Try giving your Dog your Father's name.

Provocation always leads to violence

Your condition is a condition that millions of Nigerians suffer from. You guys have been shackled from birth and have no concept of rights or freedom and what it truly means. Do you know why Nigerian leaders get away with what they do? Because they know the truth. The truth is majority of Nigeria's citizens are mentally challenged and do not understand their responsibilities or know how things are done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Femich18(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2016
nek12:

Guy, he did not go, he resides there. Even if he went there, what is the big deal? As for writing the name on the body, is just a name tag used every where so that what belongs to you today would not belong to another man because you fail to recognize your own. Even if the man's motive was wrong, it should not warrant all these nonsense instead they should have ignored him if they are pained about it. Is best answer to a fool not silence? Or is it not Good morning that brings about How are you? If you no greet person shey e go ask you how you dey?

This people are uneducated so they need people like you and me to put them in the right part that what the man did is nothing.
Alryt, I concur with your last paragraph.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by joseph1832(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2016
Petroking:
Please read again... You miss points clearly.. Read Obasi Chinedu's Post again.. Then comment... But if you can't read carefully or can't assimilate easily I will help you out. Giving a name to the dog was not the problem, now after giving your dog a name... You take a paint and boldly write that name on both sides of the Dog, Now after doing that you still do not leave that dog in your home or shop rather you take it around the vicinity knowing what might arise. Shh Wait before you comment think... One more thing : people own dogs in your area, how many of the dogs in your area has its name written boldly on both sides of its body... Receive sense and be a sane human being..
Mr man, it is you who refuse to even think or comprehend what Mr. Obasi said.

If the man who named his dog Buhari, simply painted the name of his dog boldly on the body of the dog, took it around a place populated by Hausa's, and Mr Obasi said the man is guilty of trying to breach peace, then I see no reason why those who go about blasphemy the name of Islam shouldn't also be arrested, because they too are trying to breach peace!.

It's that simple. I wonder why many of the posters here are enemies to reason and logic. Gosh!!!!.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by enginexy10(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2016
[b][/b]Having read the above epistle, I have come to realized that many self-acclaimed literate are far from the claim. Since the beginning of this conundrum, no one has been able to show the picture of the DOG in question, becos this argument tends to move in the direction that the name was inscribed on the DOG. Dont forget that this present Govt are great liars and can mislead people just to satisfy thier mind set. So i dont sheepishly agree with that toothless dog call SUG president.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by jude33084(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm not a lawyer neither am I vast in knowledge of how our warped and segmented law works, but from what I read above, that means anybody who blaspheme and insult Islam or the Prophet Mohammed are also guilty. It means they've also committed a crime, which is intention of breaching public peace, cos we know how our Muslim brothers act when it has to do with their religion or their prophet.

If you ask me, I'll say Obasi Chinedu is allowing sentiment to cloud his reasoning. A man should be allowed to name his dog whatever name he choose. I see no reason why I should be angry or feel ridiculed if a man name his dog Joseph, rather I'll be flattered and complimented that the man chose to immortalise me by naming his dog after me, because whether he knows it or not, he inadvently just made me the guardian of his life. grin grin grin

Thank you for that.

And a lot of us her hypocrite name our dog or pets Becky, Jack, Aaron so on without us knowing that those are real people's name wink

Nigeria is a cursed land! angry
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Usman316: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

Bro, why would a non muslin go to a muslim area then insult prophet Muhammad (pbuh) if not to cause mischief and stirr trouble. He can do that in his room and no body will care. The giving of the name is not the problem, but where and how he did it is the issue
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by 9jii(m): 10:57am On Aug 26, 2016
pippimp:

Your condition is a condition that millions of Nigerians suffer from. You guys have been shackled from birth and have no concept of rights or freedom and what it truly means. Do you know why Nigerian leaders get away with what they do? Because they know the truth. The truth is majority of Nigeria's citizens are mentally challenged and do not understand their responsibilities or know how things are done.
While people like you believe in delusional Freedom.always waiting for someone from TV to show the new ways.
In corrupted mind, everything that's breaks the moral codes is freedom. Lost.
We 'll always support the older Laws. Young brother must to bow for his Elder.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by joseph1832(m): 11:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Usman316:

Bro, why would a non muslin go to a muslim area then insult prophet Muhammad (pbuh) if not to cause mischief and stirr trouble. He can do that in his room and no body will care. The giving of the name is not the problem, but where and how he did it is the issue
This is what I've been trying to explain to people who can't even understand simple English.

The issue that happened in Zamfara some days ago bears testament to my earlier post.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by wellmax(m): 11:02am On Aug 26, 2016
nedu2000:
He is guilty yes but should that result in his incarceration? A warning or/and community service would've been adequate. He is not a felon

He was granted bail but couldn't meet his bail conditions. To be fair, the bail terms wee not too rigid. N50,000 only
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by pippimp(m): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2016
9jii:

While people like you believe in delusional Freedom.always waiting for someone from TV to show the new ways.
In corrupted mind, everything that's breaks the moral codes is freedom. Lost.
We 'll always support the older Laws. Young brother must to bow for his Elder.

I want you to go outside right now and look around you. You see the rot? It is like that because of millions of Nigerians who think like you. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Petroking: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2016
I agree and stand with Chinedu.

I am going to give my reasons...

If I was the police man who came to arrest him I won't quickly arrest the victim, this is because he claims to have two or three other dogs aside the one name Buhari. Now the first thing I will ask the man to do is to bring all his dogs out. When he does so, if all the dogs he has, have all their name written boldly on both sides of their body. I will counsel the man and let him be but if it's only the dog bearing buhari that has its name boldly written on both sides of its body. I will personally see to it that the man goes to jail or a rehab.

My reasons are
I have never seen where a dog after being given a name, such name is written boldly on both side of the body even the woman who said her dogs name was lai Mohammed never did that #Note.

Also we have dogs in every nook and corner of Lagos and they are all different breeds. Can anyone please vouch and say I have a dog it's name is boldly written on both sides of its body with a paint. I have never seen that... If you have please object.

Last but not the least, the guy knew perfectly what he was doing. He knew he was staying in a setting largely occupied by the Hausa's, he gave his dog the name and then got a fucking paint to boldly write the name "Buhari" on both sides of the body. He wanted to say Hausa's you people are not worth it, I will do this and nothing will happen, I will get away with it. He took the dog with its name written on it and roam the market with it. I still stand by my point that in any part of the world the man will be arrested. Luckily for him he was reported and arrested not killed because that would have started a bloody war... Now I believe you all understand when they say likely to incite violence or likely to cause breach of peace.

I am a Nigerian,
I stand for Nigeria.
I support the truth and will always stand for it.

The man knew what he did and let him face the consequences of his actions... Who e epp
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Nnannapat(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2016
Sometimes, I don't seems to understand how my compatriots evaluate things.
The man named his dog Buhari, verdict; he broke no law.
He wrote the word "Buhari" on the dog, verdict; no law was broken, There are thousands that has Buhari as first or last name, had it been he named and wrote " Gen. Muhammadu Buhari" on the dog, then he is ridiculing my able President.
Parading the dog with such name boldly written on it in a way to ridicule someone is morally wrong but legally, he did nothing that will send him to jail, just some serious cautioning will do.
For Chinedu Obasi to equate a northener naming and writing "Nnamdi Kanu" on his dog and parading it in Ariaria or Upper Iweka Onitsha, is like comparing orange and cucumber. Nnamdi Kanu is a complete personal name but Buhari needs needs another name to make it personal, add Abubakar, Yusuf or Alli and it goes personal.
I can tell you that PMB doesn't even have a hand in this case but all these eye service over sabi people will try everything to impress in a stupid way. Let Peace reign.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Engrgeneral(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2016
Alexgeneration:
I'm so ashamed with the kind of students we have in our institutions of learning.Why can't our students make research on a particular issue before coming out to disgrace their institutions and lecturers?I'm a student of Abia State Polytechnic and I want to tell that OP that he just showed the world that his institution lacks good lecturers. The man that named his dog Buhari is not guilty of any offence,be it breach of public peace or whatever you call it.Consider the Supreme court's interpretation of section 249(1)(d) of the criminal code cap 29 vol 11 laws of Ogun state of Nigeria in the case between Nelson Ohanyere & 9 VS IGP(1957)SCNLR 213.Check section 39CFRN. Also check section 36(12) CFRN. Students don't argue like touts,we argue with FACTS. #Peace
when you quotetge constitution, you bring if to the public and not telling us to check it out. Gerrara here
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2016
calyto:

1. Everybody is not like you and that's why you are reacting over his arrest and i am cool with it so that answers your statement that you will laugh at the owner.
2.He named his dog after his neighbours father, wrote the name on the dog's body, took the dog to the market and especially the Hausa section so that it will trigger ethnic crisis.

Personally, i will react.

I understand your point when you said you will personally react and I'm sure your reaction would not have lead to death of anyone in general. But what I don't get is why an issue as trivial as "Dog naming" should flare up "Ethnic violence" in the first place.
You guys are trying to portray some of the Hausa's as insane people.
why should people in general become violent and start killing other people just because someone from another tribe gave his dog someone's father's name?? A dog??" it just doesn't make sense to me. I would understand if the issue was addressed because it would lead to personal rift between the two persons in question, but ethnic violence? ??Haba!!

The Igbo's in the east are being butchered in their own community by the fulani herdsmen, likewise other tribes, yet no reprisal attack or instigation of ethnic violence yet. it's like we are trying to pacify the northerners for being volatile and violent at any slightest provocation, which only shows that there is a serious orientation default from there , and we should be talking about addressing and tackling the situation and not pacifying them.

Thanks.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by phemocheee(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2016
The person who did that did not do it within the heart of Niger Delta. Let that person try such at the creeks and he might not live to tell the sad tale. That is the difference. Trust me, if the defendant was living somewhere in onitsha or enugu, no police officer would have arrested him for this singular act.
damola311:
I remember when they did same to GEJ, writing the name of Jonathan on a goat, was the person arrested or jailed? Don't we have police officer then?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by TCF1980(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2016
Only if you can expunge Buruatai vs Shiite from ur post. Sir, have been to Zaria before now? What else do you know about the Shiite movement? Do you think that the obstruction caused by Shiite on that fateful day was an accident/coincidence and not a planned movement with intention to prove a point?

TippyTop:

Why did the writer give Onitsha as an example rather than Ibadan where it happened? Doesn't fit in with the writers narrative abi?
An Hausa man proudly displayed a dog with Jonathan as it's name and nothing happened.
Protesters proudly stoned Jonathan’s convoy and nothing happened but do same to Buratai and the entire Shiites were nearly wiped out.
The truth is that Buhari hates criticism, he sees himself as a demi God.
This man promulgated the infamous decree4 of 1984 to stop people criticising him, he has a violent nature.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by akaahs(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Alexgeneration:
I'm so ashamed with the kind of students we have in our institutions of learning.Why can't our students make research on a particular issue before coming out to disgrace their institutions and lecturers?I'm a student of Abia State Polytechnic and I want to tell that OP that he just showed the world that his institution lacks good lecturers. The man that named his dog Buhari is not guilty of any offence,be it breach of public peace or whatever you call it.Consider the Supreme court's interpretation of section 249(1)(d) of the criminal code cap 29 vol 11 laws of Ogun state of Nigeria in the case between Nelson Ohanyere & 9 VS IGP(1957)SCNLR 213.Check section 39CFRN. Also check section 36(12) CFRN. Students don't argue like touts,we argue with FACTS. #Peace

i think I'm liking u for this brilliant arguement.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by dnawah(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2016
Oboy! shatap and read ur books.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by observer777(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2016
I wonder where the "judgement" referred to by the writer emanated from because the dog- owner has just been released on bail. The dog- owner should not have been arrested at all. The police are saying that what he did was capable of breacing public peace; that is bull shit. The guy has every right to name his dog any name he likes; the police should tell us what law he has broken by naming his dog "BUHARI" As the for possibility of causing breach of public peace, NO PUBLIC PEACE WAS BREACHED, so what was his offence? All the police should have done was to call him aside and advised him to stop going around with the dog having "BUHARI" emblazoned on it. It would be interesting how this case is determined. The fundanental human right of dog- owner (and other Nigerians in similar situations) is at stake here. Does the executive arm of government want us to permission before we name our pets and are they going to be supported by the judiciary?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Dinobi77: 11:38am On Aug 26, 2016
This incident didnt happen in Kano, Sokoto, or any other northern state but in Ogun which which is "a neutral state". What u should have asked was if an hausa had done it in Ladipo or Alaba mkts n not Onitsha or Aba. Igbos re not the violent type, so even if it had happened in Aba or Onitsha, those aggrieved about it would v adviced him to desist frm such, n nothing like a breach of peace.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by Greenback: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2016
Yeye doghari yeye Buhari
afonja htwoow,wey u dey na?
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by muganbo1(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=NairaMaster1 post=48812037]Men who name goat Jonathan, chimpanzee patience are innocent?

Bro don't conclude lyk that d question is did he inscribe the name on d animal body n parade the animal among the ijaws, NO so stop bin bias
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by 9jii(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2016
pippimp:

I want you to go outside right now and look around you. You see the rot? It is like that because of millions of Nigerians who think like you. Smh.
And geniuses grin like you are busy licking your foot.
Useless.
Re: Man Who Names Dog Buhari Is Guilty!!- Deputy Speaker, SU by econity(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2016
joseph1832:

You tried making sense but purposely neglect the fact that the man engraved the name on the dog's body.
If you can also kill that point you'll be 100% right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! / Dog Saves Owner From Being Attacked In Her House (Video) / Diary Of Mo: The Boerboel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.