Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,118 members, 7,845,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia (137009 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's House After Military Invasion In Umuahia (Photos) / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia (Photos) / The Benin Monarch Frowns At Display Of Political Hooliganism By EDHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by SaffronSpice: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
leofab:
when will you have sense ? You compare macro technology with nano technology ? Bullets need precision and specification so it can fit on guns not like those machines.. Let me ask you ; crafting a cutlass and a needle which do you think will be easier ??

The Ogbunikwe looks like a mortar to me,making the shells it uses should be more difficult than producing bullets.
Shells require a greater deal of expertise and effort to be manufactured compared to bullets since it contains explosives which bullets does not,and there is the risk of accidental explosion.

Your analogy also does not buttress your point.
A machete is a bladed implement;whereas,a needle is a piercing tool.
There's a difference.
Shells and bullets,on the other hand, are ballistics that follow similar principles.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Pylony(m): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2016
somegirl1:

You would fail if you referenced wikipedia in an academic paper.
Taking about failing, that means the OP fail woefuly as well for providing a wikipedia link to back a lie abi?

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Marcelini(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
damola14:
Guys let us forge ahead and forget the past , its war which we all know that no victor no vanquish . Let us respect each other and stop condemning each other . During wars countries improvise on what they dont have and usually they develop quite rapidly post war example are germany, japan , us the whole europe etc . Sincerely we should be far beyond what we are now .

There is no forging ahead between Ndiigbo and Yorubas/ Northerners.

We are simply not of the same stock. This is the whole point.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Horsesmouth:

You are unrepentant in your defence of oppression, i dont know y im wasting my time wit u.

Rich igbo v rich yoruba, yoruba wins.
Poor igbo v poor yoruba, yoruba wins.
In Lagos.
it is what it is bro, if i go to aba i am sure both poor and rich igbos will have the upper hand over a yoruba man. its life. we just have to live it how it has been set up lol
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by dadaha: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
somegirl1:

You would fail if you referenced wikipedia in an academic paper.
Wikipedia itself is a collection of references
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pylony:
Taking about failing, that means the OP fail woefuly as well for providing a wikipedia link to back a lie abi?

The OP posted pictures as far as I'm aware. If Wikipedia only was used as a source, I wouldn't full trust the information.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Ritchiee: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Leez:

grin grin ok inbred boy u win u win lmao
lol....inbreed and factory baby,you lose,you lose..... ah ah ah

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
revolt:
bro never mind I'm very schooled in history. I didn't even do (.coms), I read actual books. Now techies in ww11 were not in the front lines. That's why they ended up in allied hands after the conflict. There are numerous accounts of the mercenaries that fought on the side of biafra, none described them as techies.
Now I quite disagree with you, on quota recently, I read about soldiers improvising their battle tanks right there on the battle field(not exactly while fighting was on), to meet the field ops requirements, now we can agree that while the top scientific team of the Germans were in protected kabs doing their work, combatants on the battle ground were not dullards either who couldn't apply some level of scientist knowledge to daze the enemy. Hope you get my drift

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by bilazego(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=Aigbofa post=48861836]

This goes against any logical reasoning. You need heavy machineries to make those parts you are looking at, what happened to those machineries? The fairies took them back when you lost the war?[/quote

Have you heard of PRODA? try find out.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Marcelini(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
mekuzi200:

Yoruba controls 70% of the ICT in Nigeria, how and when? Can you please post your data and also show us the percentages by tribe?
You should also post the numbers of indigenous application built by Yorubas that gives it this 70% lead. These applications must be world standard, and used by global communities. Links should also be provided..
You should also lists the start ups that really having global impact in the tech industry by Yorubas which add up to the 70%...
Please do, or forever, keep quiet.

Haha! You have time for these Amala people grin

Like they boast of how progressive their backward western region was, when all available stat points to the fact that they were light years behind the Eastern region.

Like they deceived themselves with lies of leading the Nigerian education system, until WAEC and JAMB stats started trickling in and we all saw they were at the same level with their Northern brothers. grin

10 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:
Professor Gordian Ezekwe regarded by his peers as "superhuman" led the Biafrran Research and Production Unit. Like Prof Bart Nnaji, Prof. Ezekwe was a visiting professor to top engineering schools in UK and US teaching white people on complex mechanical designs.

Imagine what the Nigerian oil industry would be like if this man and his likes are occupying the top positions and calling the shots. undecided
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by dadaha: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

Philip Emeagwali is a SCAMMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcml1gxtCCM

http://biafra.social/2015/03/18/philip-emeagwali-fraud/

lmao @ emegwali the father of ipob fraud... grin

OMG! Even the only person they brag with is a mere conman shocked blood is truly thicker

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
dadaha:

Wikipedia itself is a collection of references

First thing you learn in university is that you don't reference Wikipedia. Rather you find, read and reference the article/ publication cited in Wikipedia.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
ashjay001:

U said it right there! Big houses, but d source of d big houses are in yorubaland, creating employment and improving economic activities, all in yorubaland!

Guy, I just want peace! The same way d US doesn't care ur part of d world, but just encourage ur potential is d same thing yorubaland does!

I want to be able to go to any part of Naija n assume my investments are safe, my interests protected and my security guaranteed! When I hear my supposed brothers insisting on going their separate ways, after welcoming them in my home, its a betrayal!

An Igboman n a Yorubaman in d UK, will be termed Nigerians and quite separate from Ghanians, we are blood brothers, birthed together.

Demanding biafra is a rejection of d hand of fellowship, of brotherhood. If we are to av any beef, it should be btw us n d northerners, who av several times ejected us from their lands!

I'm beginning to develop hatred for Igbos, d same way I will develop for a brother who inspite of opening my home and heart to, insists on remaining selfish, self-centered and ungrateful! Now he has found wealth, he now remembers he has a home he wants only for himself?!

Instead of quietly migrating back home and developing biafra to a world destination, he is insisting on separating entirely?! Left to me, u can go, I always had brains now I've learnt ruthless biz acumen from u.

I speak for myself, anyway!
Hey bro, u speak for itself! As a fellow yoruba , I will gladly let Biafra be, if in my powers to do so. They won't hinder my progress in any way, let them go and let's see whose immigration service will have a tonne of work to do deporting people

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by dadaha: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
somegirl1:

First thing you learn in university is that you don't reference Wikipedia. Rather you find, read and reference the article/ publication cited in Wikipedia.

OK, ma

Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 122. "De Gaulle made the decision to begin regular French arms shipments to Biafra on 17 or 18 October 1967. De Gaulle was very reluctant to send weapons from French stocks, and only agreed when Foccart suggested sending captured German and Italian weapons from World War II with the serial number scratched off. The weapons would not be sent directly to Ojukwu, but would go through Houphouët-Boigny, so that it looked like France was replenishing the Ivory Coast's stocks as stipulated in the normal bilateral military assistance agreements."

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
well sweetheart this aint no academic paper. this is nairaland

Your points are moot if you can't provide proper references.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Pylony(m): 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
somegirl1:

The OP posted pictures as far as I'm aware. If Wikipedia only was used as a source, I wouldn't full trust the information.
The pictures of those 1st world war gears i guess.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nkem4040:

Lets analyze your claim. One truck carrying gasoline was aimed at, as a result over 100 trucks behind it ignited in inferno at the same time, incinerating all 100 simultaneously, is it scientifically plausible?
did you not watch the video your broda posted here kindly check page 0 or 1. watch again but this time, LISTEN ATTENTIVELY
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Marcelini(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ritchiee:

lol...This one is a stark illiterate.Go and learn from half literate Igbo like Ikechu1 and he will lie to you illiterate that it was Banjo...the only warrior...leading Igbo cowards and weaklings...that made 200 yorubas decimate ten thousands Igbos.He has forgotten that Yorubas are empire builders.. the considerate warriors...the SCORPIONS...ah ah ah

What empire exactly did Yorubas build? Mud house empires built by defeating fellow Yoruba speaking tribes?

Yes, it was Banjo who killed the Biafran march to Ore, he compromised the march after he had round table discussions with his Yoruba people, stationed the Biafran troops at Bini for days, taking away the surprise element the Biafrans had in their favour, giving the Nigerian Army enough time to re strategize.

Handling such crucial part of the war to a Yoruba man to lead, was Ojukwu's greatest military blunder.
And Biafra paid dearly for it.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
somegirl1:

Your points are moot if you can't provide proper references.
you do know someone on here has provided videos where the french are admitting to their culpability and their role in the biafran war and how they supplied all the weapons right ? keep going through the thread you will run into the videos. i hope that is enough to convince you, unless of course you want me to manufacture a time machine to take you back to the sixties so you can see for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by revolt(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Kaysalas:
how sure are you they were just combatants with no military technology capabilities?
Very funny, so u don't know that soldiers of the latter part of the 20th century were to a great extent military technologists too with chemical, weilding skills et all. Pls pay quora.com a visit especially the WWII section and upgrade your knowledge. But I must warn you! U must be ready to really read!
hehe trust me I'm very schooled in history and I didn't do (.coms). The techies in WWII were NOT at the front lines, explains why they all fell into allied hands, after the war.
Now various history books, have described the biafran conflict and the role the mercenaries played in them. None described them as techies but just ww1 veterans from Belgium n southafrica looking for coin. I don't know why it's so important for you to rewrite history and disclaim the achievements by the s and r team. The same reason nigeria refused to integrate these techies after the war. This is where the Blackman will always remain backwards. Cos he puts ego n nepotism before science. The US quickly took advantage of the services of Japanese techies irrespective of the fact they'd conquered Japan and hated the gooks. Cos science isn't what you play politics with, rather no matter how little it is, should be improved on at all cost.

That's what makes great sicieties.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
dadaha:

OK, ma

Griffin, "French military policy in the Nigerian Civil War" (2015), p. 122. "De Gaulle made the decision to begin regular French arms shipments to Biafra on 17 or 18 October 1967. De Gaulle was very reluctant to send weapons from French stocks, and only agreed when Foccart suggested sending captured German and Italian weapons from World War II with the serial number scratched off. The weapons would not be sent directly to Ojukwu, but would go through Houphouët-Boigny, so that it looked like France was replenishing the Ivory Coast's stocks as stipulated in the normal bilateral military assistance agreements."

Great.
I've searched for the book online. I would like to see reference to the shipments actually reaching Biafra via Ivory Coast.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by somegirl1: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
sukkot:
you do know someone on here has provided videos where the french are admitting to their culpability and their role in the biafran war and how they supplied all the weapons right ? keep going through the thread you will run into the videos. i hope that is not enough to convince you, unless of course you want me to manufacture a time machine to take you back to the sixties so you can see for yourself

I choose the latter, when will your time machine be ready?

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by sukkot: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
somegirl1:

I choose the latter, when will your time machine be ready?
when donald trump receive sense.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
activeguy:
I give it to them. ..the igbos.

They achieved a feat that no 3rd world country could boast of presently.,let alone half a century ago.

Biafrans are really Gods gift to the black nation but as usual devil will always try to fight that.... even if it means using his minions in the likes the brutishs and their slaves gambaris and afonjas. ..

But at the end victory will surely be ours., black nation must surely be liberated..
Them and now ours. Its obvious you are suffering from a personality disorder abi na complex. You don't know who you are! Sorry

1 Like

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by jiinxed: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
thedarksider:

even with all this inventions,we still overran you....

you may have the brains,but we have the numbers....dont underestimate us....

dont you think its a better idea to combine brains and numbers than fighting each other the ol time??..

Begging with style? wink wink
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Marcelini(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I still doubt a man of your spiritual exposure will say this. No problem is you say so but I don't believe you. I've got no energy to type or elaborate now.

That's for you gullible ones that keep trooping to all these Yoruba mega spiritual houses.

These people hatred for your kind and in terms and in turn you, can never be erased by spiritual scams they practice.

Once any Yoruba man hear's the word "Igbo", his reasoning capacity blanks out, his primordial hate nature takes over.

You are naive to think that sukkot is capable of rising above his Yoruba nature.

6 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Jetjacky(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
And all this we're just locked away. And the region hated. And still hated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by LoveJesus87(m): 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

Chain reaction..lmao..

You people no go kille pesin with lafta I swear... grin grin
u are too dull to understand.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Princewill1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

LOLgrin am enjoying this show mehn, I love how the yoruba folks re dealing with the biafraudians gringrin

The biafraudians can produce Armoured. Tanks and a bomb that can. Wipe. Entire nigerian army but cannot produce a bulletgringrin
Afonja! If you can show us a single tooth pick or pencil produced or "assembled" in yorubaland,we will concede defeat.In the absence of that,Oduduwa remains light years behind Biafra. #fact

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by chiefobdk(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
fkj950ax:
First and foremost, I am with the side that insists and believe Nigeria cannot split along ethnic lines.

I disagree with the Ibos and Biafra agitation in this post.

The truth is the equipments in this post are retrofits of existing vehicles. The Biafran army had foreign backers who supplied them with hardware and training from illegal crude sales.

Did they retrofit the vehicles for use by their military? YES!

Did they manufacture and develop them. No

I find it insulting for some people to try and cloak our sensibilities by saying an army that "manufactured" tanks and howitzer and built bunkers with ventilation technology lost the war because they couldn't manufacture bullets... Haba.

Even the palm wine tapper makes his bullets.

Biafran lost the war due to total blockade of the area, which caused starvation. The best equipped, trained and experience soldier without food is worse than a boys scout.

The blockade was introduced to stop foreign mercenaries (France I think, not so sure) from assisting the Biafran army.

The swap of the currency also brought this.

All these were war strategies Ojukwu and his lieutenants didn't know.

Hardware and technology doesn't win war. Negotiations, compromise and strategies win wars.

What happened to the technologies of Ibos? The truth is there was no technology, just imitations, copy cats and poorly done copies. These were the 80s and 90s Aba made and fake parts. The Ibos lost the opportunity to become great simply because their leaders refused to invest inward and protect their people.

typical afonja one headed reasoning.....

wats d point dismantling and assembling.
Re: Biafran Technology And Inventions At Display In Umuahia by Kaysalas(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
revolt:
hehe trust me I'm very schooled in history and I didn't do (.coms). The techies in WWII were NOT at the front lines, explains why they all fell into allied hands, after the war.
Now various history books, have described the biafran conflict and the role the mercenaries played in them. None described them as techies but just ww1 veterans from Belgium n southafrica looking for coin. I don't know why it's so important for you to rewrite history and disclaim the achievements by the s and r team. The same reason nigeria refused to integrate these techies after the war. This is where the Blackman will always remain backwards. Cos he puts ego n nepotism before science. The US quickly took advantage of the services of Japanese techies irrespective of the fact they'd conquered Japan and hated the gooks. Cos science isn't what you play politics with, rather no matter how little it is, should be improved on at all cost.

That's what makes great sicieties.
I feel rather disappointed u r not seeing the scenario I am playing up for you. Just so you know, u r not the only history student here bro, trust me on this, I could spend hours on foreign sites reading sons and grand sons account of the war. Please read my post again and notice where I clearly made a distinction btw tech team(borrowing ur words) and combatants with on field tech/ scientific knowledge. If you can't still understand this, then maybe we should leave it as it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Leah Sheribu Gives Birth To Baby Boy For Boko Haram Commander / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.