Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. (21414 Views)

Would Your Guests Be Impressed? / Can A Tenant Have Guests? / Lagos Landlady Fixed Nails In Front Of Her House To Hinder Unwelcome Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Originalsly: 7:05am On Aug 29, 2016
Bro.... give him two days notice... tell him your gf is coming to stay with you.He would ask for how long....answer with question.... you trying to get into our business? If you don't have a gf... rent one... let the babe show up with a box/bag whatever ... just like he did. He has to go. Two hours after... the babe can go... but without the box which you can drop off the next day. Always...always...have like 3 pants to put on display in your room when potential squatters drop by to let them know your babe is a frequent guest.He has no consideration...why should you?

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2016
Sadly yes in this situation! This man hasn't said anything about his issues, if he had his friend might actually be more comfortable with him but no he keeps lying to his face. Also, if he were a good friend he wouldnt keep watching his friend sleep on a makeshift bed for his sake, he would have taken over the makeshift bed and tried as much as possible to put him in discomfort

arimahoseloka:
so a man in need is a pest?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Chuksemi(m): 7:29am On Aug 29, 2016
Originalsly:
Bro.... give him two days notice... tell him your gf is coming to stay with you.He would ask for how long....answer with question.... you trying to get into our business? If you don't have a gf... rent one... let the babe show up with a box/bag whatever ... just like he did. He has to go. Two hours after... the babe can go... but without the box which you can drop off the next day. Always...always...have like 3 pants to put on display in your room when potential squatters drop by to let them know your babe is a frequent guest.He has no consideration...why should you?

Lol. This your tactics na wire. I am definitely going to use this.
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Chuksemi(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
perfectwazobia1:
That's your star enjoy it while it last grin

Lol. You no pity me.
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Berbierklaus(f): 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2016
blackmantis:
lol op you cracked me up.

but really eh some people are so inconsiderate.

I had a similar situation just before I got married. I was searching for a new flat, I needed something bigger than my one bedroom self contained apartment.

Through an agent I met a guy who took me to the landlord of a beautiful 2bedroom flat. it was exactly what I wanted. But he(the guy) said that he has been living there and wants to move out in about 2or3 weeks. That after I paid I can move into the house while he would arrange himself and move out in 2or3wks.

I paid moved in while he put all his belongings into the second room. Nearly 2months after the guy was still there. As I was planning my wedding I let him know that he has to make arrangement and move out. The guy was like he wouldn't disturb me but keep to his room when I bring home my wife.

I had to give him a deadline and threaten to collect the balance of my rent from the landlord and abandon the house for him if he doesn't quit by the deadline. That was how he left and went to squat somewhere else.
Lol. imagine grin

He doesn't even want you to enjoy your new wife,some people no get shame

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by LOVEGINO(m): 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
arimahoseloka:
If it was a rich kid now, u will not be here ranting, isn't he your friend? Why can't u bear with him.
no money, no love cry especially for dis CHANGE wey Niaja don red pass blood. God go help us cool
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Ajusshi: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
Chuksemi:

Lol. I am pissed. I just needed the humor to hide my anger.

What did you do to make the first one leave? share the secret...
We got mallied
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by piagetskinner(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
I dey hate to house overbearing guests...

I remembered one dude like that back in school...
The guy will b like; guy u dey house?

I go just tell am oboy I no dey oo..I don comot for town

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by ladyF(f): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nobody dey disturb me for me hut tho... I wonder why... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by muller101(m): 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Buy coffin and use as ur center table. He will leave the house

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by homesteady(m): 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Originalsly:

Lmaooooo grin
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
My dear,you choose to allow that happen. Why punish yourself when you can sit him down and ask him to leave your house in a matured manner. Imagine been a prisoner in your own house,in this Buhari era. The era of pleasing some one else at your own expense is gone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by blesoh(f): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmmmm nawaoh, my sister in-law brought in her boyfriend to live with them (the mother) and the mother couldn't voice out because she was afraid of her daughter, after 3 months my husband found out and gave this guy 1month to leave, for were guy no gree leave. My husband drove one early morning to his mother's house and ended the whole thing, told the guy to move out that morning and never want to set his eyes on him again, mehn squatters have no shame in them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by vicechancellor(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
truely, those kind of guys can be funny and sociable. they'll hardy have problems with you even when they know you're not comfortable with them. just use your street sense and discharge them, via travelling, gf, etc .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Jidibia(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
Thats your bizness not mine. Attention seeking OP
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by piagetskinner(m): 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
ladyF:

When your hut no get window and toilet...

Nobody wants liability

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by bullseye90(m): 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Too long to read a beg. I will read later when NEPA brings the light
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by ladyF(f): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
piagetskinner:

When your hut no get window and toilet...

Nobody wants liability
Chai... Why evils!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by DozieInc(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Fourwinds: 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
blackmantis:

I had a similar situation just before I got married. I was searching for a new flat, I needed something bigger than my one bedroom self contained apartment.

Through an agent I met a guy who took me to the landlord of a beautiful 2bedroom flat. it was exactly what I wanted. But he(the guy) said that he has been living there and wants to move out in about 2or3 weeks. That after I paid I can move into the house while he would arrange himself and move out in 2or3wks.

I paid moved in while he put all his belongings into the second room. Nearly 2months after the guy was still there. As I was planning my wedding I let him know that he has to make arrangement and move out. The guy was like he wouldn't disturb me but keep to his room when I bring home my wife.

I had to give him a deadline and threaten to collect the balance of my rent from the landlord and abandon the house for him if he doesn't quit by the deadline. That was how he left and went to squat somewhere else.
oboy u did d rite thing...u don't have to pity lazy people...a matured man with u in ur marital home.?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Guy this matter is very simple. Just stop buying stuff, including food for the house. If you hungry use style and go to mama put to eat. When he don find out say you nor get money and na only him dey spend, him go run

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by LifeDrama: 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
arimahoseloka:
If it was a rich kid now, u will not be here ranting, isn't he your friend? Why can't u bear with him.
who ever you are, God bless you for this comment. They both spent the money the dude brought to his house. Now he's broke u ranting on internet what a fake friend are you. I pity your friend.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by piagetskinner(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
ladyF:

Chai... Why evils!!! grin

Lol...naso
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by ayodijex(m): 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lol. i relate to this big time.

we use body language tell am,he no hear
we no dey smile for house again,he no still gree notice or he's turning blind eyes.

i think the big problem is that you guys are not much of friends again like before. your relationship isn't smooth as real deep niggas cos i know some people i can actually live with and not have issues.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by maleeks(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
AuroraB:
I wouldn't accommodate someone, hoping he/she shares in the expenses. NO. Else, I loose my authority grin.
fact!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Mariojane(f): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
He just stayed a month na, Let him stay a little bit longer.

My experience
When I was in Pre degree, my secondary mate who was in 100l then came to beg me to squat with me for just a week for her to look for accommodation. I invited her with my own pure heart. She was eating my food and her foodstuffs were in a very big Ghana must go(biggest size) untouchable. I got her an extra matress from one of my roommates for her to lay on the floor (it was a big room with 4 bunkspace nd enough space to put your things) I noticed she wasn't ready to leave after one week and my foodstuffs was finishing.I searched her big Ghana must go bag and I started bringing out things to cook,she wasn't happy but I don't care. She will rush to my bunk @night to sleep before I return to the hostel for me to sleep on the floor.You won't believe she stayed with me all through the semester I never mind. We wrote our exams before them so I traveled home. When I resumed back to school to pay for my bed space, she already brought her sister to stay with her and she has paid for the bed space without telling me. I just look elsewhere for accommodation.

There is another case with a friend of mine that his friend told him he was just coming to visit, before you know it, he went home to bring more cloths. To make matter worse, he will invite his gf over and they will both stay in the room while the owner of the room sleeps in the sitting room.

OP you can try asking him for feeding money I promise you he won't stay another week before he will disappear. If he says he doesn't have insist on it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by EazyMoh(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Na so dem dey do useless people. Thank God for Islam hosting guest ends after three days. But it's always hard to tell them to leave. My case is friends that use to come early in the morning and wouldn't leave till you start feeling sleepy or even decide to sleep over.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by 3KINGZ18: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
ladyF:
because xay na hut
Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by bigtt76(f): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
@Embolden ....Na so! Small time you go see am on top madam grin

blackmantis:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
LOL cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guests And The Overstaying Syndrome. by ANewUser: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Originalsly:
So much sense. This works for me all the time.
Bring in a girl, any girl. I have had to set up with a fake gf once to avoid a squatter. I so much love my privacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bungalow House Design / Building Collapses In Kano, Kills Two Teenagers, Members Of Same Family / After Lagos, Building Collapses In Ibadan - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.