Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Can A Tenant Have Guests? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Tenant Have Guests? (16795 Views)

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ShoProperties(m): 6:48am On Feb 10, 2017
Usually a tenant is allowed to have guests visit the property. But my landlady does not want me to have any . even when my family comes around to visit me she do harass them , she always tell me to bring any visitor am having to her first before i take them into my house , i got mad and yield at her then she locked the main gate to the house just to stop me from bringing in car to the house ,even if my family or friends comes visiting they will have to park there car on the road and not in the compound . the other day my dry cleaner brought my cloths to the house she walked the man out saying she does not want any stranger in her house that if i need his service it should be outside the house that i should not bring in any body to the house . lawyers in the house what can be done to stop this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by bbdiamond: 6:53am On Feb 10, 2017
does she have a family ? does she have friends? does she have a car? do laundry guys come to deliver her cloths? perhaps she's just bored and want to spend time with your visitors grin

10 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by oribi(m): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2017
that's really strange,better find a way to move out & if u can get your balance plus try to avoid houses with the landlord living in the building/compound.

62 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by EsanEmmanuel(m): 6:53am On Feb 10, 2017
Una no get agreement? even if it's verbal
Did she tell you before you packed there's a juju in her house that doesn't allow taking in visitors?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by chiboyo(m): 6:54am On Feb 10, 2017
See a native doctor!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by hedonistic: 6:54am On Feb 10, 2017
Orishirishi. There's not much lawyers can do for you under the circumstances, as you're obviously dealing with a very troublesome landlady. Even if you prove that you are entitled to having guests visit you (depending on whether you read the fine print of your tenancy agreement), it wouldn't stop the mad woman from making life a living hell for you.

The only real solution is to quietly endure the nonsense and move out of the house as soon as you can.

That's why I always advise anyone who cares to listen to avoid renting an apartment in a compound where the landlord is resident. More often than not, resident landlords are impossible to coexist with. After dem don chop your rent money finish, your presence for the house go dey irritate them. Yeye people. If you know you like privacy, why rent out portions of your house? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by meezynetwork(m): 6:54am On Feb 10, 2017
Some landlady are like that
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ngmgeek(m): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2017
Take a look at your lease and both of you should stick to what you have there.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by tboyO2: 6:55am On Feb 10, 2017
Scratch her pvssy then thank me later wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by odiman: 6:55am On Feb 10, 2017
Move out from the house

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Phonefanatic: 6:55am On Feb 10, 2017
Read your tenancy agreement first if you have any.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by dsettingz(m): 6:56am On Feb 10, 2017
There is where we call tenant court, u should report him there, unless this is clearly defined on ur contract agreements, else he has no right, cos he has just transferred his interest on the property to u,

Meanwhile

hello nairalanders, pls if u have any legit job I can do to make a living, pls help me out.
Presently am dropping out of my HND program at Mapoly due to lack of fund for the skul fee. Pls am not here to beg for fund but only a job to move on, I was one of the victim of the popular ponzi scheme, I've worked for 2years to send myself back to skul, only for me to get hooked up with the ponzi scheme at the very last minute so I can afford my rent, after paying school fee, I ended up loosing all my savings worth over 160k. Now am dropping out of skul because of 51k skul fee.
But I believe that God knows best. You can throw jabs at me I don't mind, all I want is Pls find me a job, not really necessary an office work, preferably weekly wages, I had nothing to move on with me now. If u are reading this, and U have a slot to engage me with Pls don't hesitate. I can work in any field if am been put through, I can travel if there is guarantee of accommodation
I have ND in Estate management with Upper credit.
This is my WhatsApp contact O7O 33266193, I stay in Abeokuta.
Pls do help me rebroadcast this
Thanks In anticipation.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by madgoat(m): 6:56am On Feb 10, 2017
ShoProperties:
Usually a tenant is allowed to have guests visit the property. But my landlady does not want me to have any . even when my family comes around to visit me she do harass them , she always tell me to bring any visitor am having to her first before i take them into my house , i got mad and yield at her then she locked the main gate to the house just to stop me from bringing in car to the house ,even if my family or friends comes visiting they will have to park there car on the road and not in the compound . the other day my dry cleaner brought my cloths to the house she walked the man out saying she does not want any stranger in her house that if i need his service it should be outside the house that i should not bring in any body to the house . lawyers in the house what can be done to stop this

She must be a very silly landlady. Please request for your rent and pack out or involve the agent. How can your landlord say you cant have visitors?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Lasskeey: 6:57am On Feb 10, 2017
grin.....

The LandLady want some piece of the ACTION grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 10, 2017
don't renew your rent! just search for anoda Hoz... as far is nt urs.
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by eikenberry(m): 6:57am On Feb 10, 2017
Evil landlady...i smell jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Abduljohn(m): 6:57am On Feb 10, 2017
Am not a lawyer but was it stated in your agreement? If No then walk to her that she didn't tell you before packing in that you ll never be allowed visitors and if Yes that means she is on the right track.

Above all if you feel pained walk up to her for both of you to agree on your staying together.

But why are some landady's not accomodating?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by AntiWailer: 6:57am On Feb 10, 2017
Look for another house
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by timawoku(m): 6:58am On Feb 10, 2017
There was this colonel whom I wanted to rent his BQ 4 years ago, the rules he gave me was quite shocking shocked, he told me I must enter the house before 8 pm, no visitors in any form (even if na rat), pumps water once in a week (even if water has been exhausted), no parking inside the house (the house has very big compound o), then lastly no talking loudly in the house, I started asking myself if the rent was free...na so me and madam run for our dear lives o...landlords could be very funny

18 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by budusky05(m): 7:00am On Feb 10, 2017
Pack ur load and leave.

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by kingthreat(m): 7:00am On Feb 10, 2017
1. Get a lawyer to enforce your tenancy rights.
2. Get ready to get out of there
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by chumakk: 7:00am On Feb 10, 2017
Had that issue before but I warned her seriously
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by undefeated(m): 7:00am On Feb 10, 2017
my dear you don't need a lawyer, look for another house once your rent expires and next time ask for terms and conditions before moving into any property

3 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by lifter1000: 7:00am On Feb 10, 2017
@ op, Pack out!!! Stupid landlady

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ZeroTolerance: 7:00am On Feb 10, 2017
How did Nairaland conclude the OP is female ehn Seun?

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by tollulope080(m): 7:01am On Feb 10, 2017
if i were u I would pack out but before m
y house rent expires I would stick to her rules but not when it comes to family members
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by sassieconte: 7:01am On Feb 10, 2017
What the hell are u still doing in d house? Pack and leave her with her wahala na. I'm almost sure she is a Yoruba. Sometimes illiteracy and enmity, wickedness and witchcraft are the causes. That was how my landlady at my shop told me that I "must" not buy anything from another shop except hers and she was the first to sell pure water 10naira. Everything other shops sells must be 10naira different in her shop. My Dear Pls look for another apt before stabbing and juju enter dis matter cos me I can't take it. Even olosho sef deserves her rights...

12 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by ogawisdom(m): 7:02am On Feb 10, 2017
Yawns. The only way is to leave the house, it seems u r timid and quiet,have u shouted for her b4 for infringement on ur rights as a tenant.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by alfredo4u(m): 7:02am On Feb 10, 2017
Pack out
Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by Jokerman(m): 7:03am On Feb 10, 2017
Pack out of the house. ... Dont allow her sorrows rub off on your blessings. ...

1 Like

Re: Can A Tenant Have Guests? by theSpark(m): 7:03am On Feb 10, 2017
That's one of the disadvantages of living with the landlady.
She's crossing her bounds

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Lagos Airport Hotel / FG Pushes For Lower Cement Price, Adoption Of Concrete Roads / Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.