Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? (18912 Views)

JTF And Abuja Taxi Drivers Clash This Morning (pictures) / EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / "Niger-Delta Avengers" Threaten To Bomb Lagos And Abuja - Madoch Agninibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by kendrick9(m): 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
MPSA:
According to me, Johannesburg is too big for this cities, nairobi, abuja and lagos, I think it will be better if we compare this three cities(abuja,nairobi and lagos) with any SA cities except Johannesburg, Cape town and Durban, Now I choose Pretoria, See the attached pictures of Pretoriagrin
dude stop putting pretoria in the same class with these slums in nigeria please...judging from those pics can't u see how clean and neat pretoria is..thats how a city ought to be.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by Abagworo(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
MPSA:
According to me, Johannesburg is too big for this cities, nairobi, abuja and lagos, I think it will be better if we compare this three cities(abuja,nairobi and lagos) with any SA cities except Johannesburg, Cape town and Durban, Now I choose Pretoria, See the attached pictures of Pretoriagrin

Pretoria is way ahead of those cities. I think it's unfair to compare Lagos and Abuja with any major city in SA.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by MPSA(m): 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Abagworo:

Pretoria is way ahead of those cities. I think it's unfair to compare Lagos and Abuja with any major city in SA.

Your point is noted brother, I was trying to inform them that: Johannesburg is too big to be compared to lagos, abuja or nairobi. They must choose other cities beside Johannesburg, cape town and durban. East london, Port elizabeth, bloemfontein, Pietermaritzburg, polokwane, kimberly, ..... Are good cities to be compare by lagos,nairobi and abuja on development. That is my views.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by Coldplay89(m): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
MPSA:
Nairobi is beautiful, but it can't be compared to big cities in south africa, small places also developed like nairobi in SA grin
Erm dude, Nairobi is as small as the 4th biggest city in SA. A city of 4.2m, (and perhaps 6m if u include the population ofthe satelite towns) isnt a small city in any way.
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by koniyah: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
atleast nairobi got constant supply of non fuel electricity and water unlike some. grin grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by 14(m): 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
MPSA:
Nairobi is beautiful, but it can't be compared to big cities in south africa, small places also developed like nairobi in SA grin

nairobi is still a small city. In SA you have the big 4, joburg, cape town, durban and pretoria. maybe nairobi, lagos and abuja can be compared to pretoria as you mentioned, but not johannesburg, cape town and durban. sometimes we just have to be honest and not being sentimental and patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by 14(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
koniyah:
atleast nairobi got constant supply of non fuel electricity and water unlike some. grin grin

supply of non fuel electricity and water? what are you trying to say?
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by MPSA(m): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
14:

nairobi is still a small city. In SA you have the big 4, joburg, cape town, durban and pretoria. maybe nairobi, lagos and abuja can be compared to pretoria as you mentioned, but not johannesburg, cape town and durban. sometimes we just have to be honest and not being sentimental and patriotic.

It's good sometimes to give people free education about our cities grin,, I don't need any payment from them, everything is for free grin thank you brother
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by Henrydone: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nairobi beauty are strategic
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
MPSA:
I think bloemfontein in south africa grin, is a good match for this two giant, lagos and abuja; not johannesburg, Durban and Cape town wink
c'mon you just can't compare this city of yours to the pictures of lagos you saw here, can you?
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by nickyizzle: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2016
Nairobi is actually a large city, its the 4th largest in Africa in terms of infrastructure after Cairo, Lagos and Johannesburg but 13 largest in terms of population. Currently, Africa's fastest growing CBD is in upper hill Nairobi, that's where the tallest building(Hass tower) on the continent is being built at the moment. Kenya is developing really fast with counties developing many cities outside Nairobi like Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Machakos, Kisii and many more but I will not dwell on that. With respect to the current thread, I think Lagos is a very large city to be compared to Abuja, being the second largest city in Africa, Lagos is setting pace on a lot of things including development of Eko-atlantic city.
Re: Lagos And Abuja, Which Is A Better City? by Horus(m): 2:27pm On May 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGpUyYnxrn0

Abuja Vs Lagos | Which City Is More Expensive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest Hoodlums Who Invaded Rivers LGA Ahead Of Re-run Election. Photos / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Kano (Early Pictures) / NJC Recalls Six Judges Accused Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.