Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,545 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (914464 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 5:27am On Nov 15, 2016
oscarpellenchy:
Hello gurus in the house, what could make a VO to make this kind of comment on a fresh application? Note,applicant is female: the GCMS file showed very different,irregular and inappropriate remarks about the application making one to wanna believe the particular VO made some huge and costly mistakes in the assessment of the said application: PREVIOUS REFUSAL NOTED.PREVIOUS OFFICER HAD CONCERNS ABOUT FINANCE.PA HAS NOT SUBMITTED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPEAKING TO THIS CONCERN THAT WOULD SATISFY ME TO APPROVE THIS APPLICATION.I NOTE HE HAS BEEN OFFERED A MODEST SCHOLARSHIP,PAID OVER MULTIPLE SEMESTERS,BUT PERSONAL AND FAMILY ACCOUNTS ARE WEAK. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT APPLICANT WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT AVAILABLE FUNDS FOR TUITION AND UPKEEP DURING FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES IN CANADA.FURTHERMORE, STUDY PLAN NOT CONSISTENT WITH PAST STUDIES AND APPLICANT APPEARS TO HAVE LIMITED ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL TIES TO HOME COUNTRY AS WELL AS LIMITED TRAVELS WHICH COULD DEMONSTRATE A HISTORY OF HAVING TRAVELED AND RETURNED.BASED ON EVIDENCE......REFUSED.Urgent responses needed pls.
CC: Thesoj,Yemdogg and other gurus in the house please. thanks

You first need to establish that this particular gcms notes doesn't reflect your actual profile. Cos if the VO made a mistake in coming to the conclusion stated in your gcms notes then you only need a very strong sop.

What program are you going for?

What's your previous discipline?

How much is the tuition?

How much is stated in your scholarship letter ?

What is the balance of your personal and family account? Specifically who's your sponsor?

Is the amount stated in your funds available section of your study permit application form consistent with the money already liquidated?

Are you a matured applicant with no economic ties to Nigeria e.g single, no employment, no property (real or movable) extremely low balance in SOA,?

Were able to address your employment prospects in nigeria upon concluding your program?

Is there any discrepancies with your intending program and your previous study background/work background.?

Answer these questions then we'd know if indeed this gcms notes applies to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Fortissimo502: 5:41am On Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys

I saw somewhere that it's almost impossible to get TRV to visit fiancee/fiance in Canada. Is this true?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by VickyRotex(f): 6:04am On Nov 15, 2016
VickyRotex:
Hello Everyone! Been a while here.

Trust we're all doing well? smiley

Just a quick question please.
Is there any lady coming to Montréal January 2017?

I have a female friend looking for a lady to share a 4 1/2 apartment with. i.e. a living room, 2 bedroom, 1 washroom and kitchen. And possibly to come furnished,with all utilities included depending on what the both of you decide.

Also, I have a male friend looking for a guy to share a 4 1/2 apartment from December 2016 to March/April 2017.

Please mention me if you're interested. I'll link you up with any of them.

I wish all TRV hopefuls Success! It will end in praise! smiley

Hello Everyone,

Trust you're all doing well.

Great! So I found a lady to share the apartment with my female friend. smiley

Still hasnt gotten anyone for my male friend yet. If you're a guy coming to Montréal Winter 2017 and interested in sharing an apartment please let me know, will link you up with him.

Also I have another female friend who is also looking for a lady or a guy to share a 3 1/2, that is 2 bedrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 washroom. And it comes with heating, electricity and other utilities.

Please if you're interested, kindly send me an email and I'll link you up.

Once again, I wish all TRV hopefuls Great Success! It will end in praise! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 15, 2016
Greetings everyone,

How many days does it take for vfs to call for passport pick up?

Anyone heading to Saskatchewan by January 2017?

#Trv hopefuls please don't give up on God, remember that we are the Finished work of Christ!

#teamusask

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 6:15am On Nov 15, 2016
I'm sorry sir. That is not for me to judge/decide. I only said that based on my recent experience this year and that of friends that i know are married.

You can give it a try!

calalili2018:

Why would they not want to give a spouse visiting visa? what if the spouse is not ready for open work permit? just want to visit and go back. I dont think this is correct
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Demolinhoooo(m): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2016
toluine56:

Wow that's 5months and counting
Hope you've sent a mail (case specific enquiry) to CIC?
Don't even give up yet. You never know.
I applied June 30th ,no medicals calls too ....
still hoping ........Amaragrace don't worry it will end in praise ...and my own too

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by essyife: 7:44am On Nov 15, 2016
Demolinhoooo:

I applied June 30th ,no medicals calls too ....
still hoping ........Amaragrace don't worry it will end in praise ...and my own too

Imagine
I applied September ,the emotional stress is too much dis week it will be 10weeks no medical call yet once is 3months I will ask for my passport#crying#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 7:56am On Nov 15, 2016
Guys living in BC
Can a UBC grad student survive on $10k per year for personal expenses after paying for tuition? What i have been reading online is like one needs to budget $25k a year to live in Vancouver.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kart042000(m): 8:19am On Nov 15, 2016
Riddeek:
Engineering masters within the range of 3k to 5k... My brother it is almost impossible except you are a landed immigrant or a direct dependent(some schs have their own strict definition of this - it does not include cousins etc. Talkless of uncle's cousin stepbrother aunty's son) of a permanent resident or citizen.
Then again, except you mean per semester which of course you would find a lot, but if you meant per year, pls discard that notion and increase ur budget.

BTW do you intend going for research-based or course-based masters?
course-based masters is a terminal program and ur degree would be in M.Eng and this is usually NOT funded and it is generally more expensive than the research-based.
But for a research-based masters, the degree u would get is Msc/MAsc/MEsc which is the Masters of Applied Science in Engineering, this is typically funded by the sch or supervisor (which you are required to have before you can be granted admission) and this requires a bit of work and is more stressful than the M.Eng, but then who cares? Afterall you are funded. So you are expected to manage and "contain" the stress.

On the issue of tuition, the least i know of, is that of Saskatchewan (7k per yr) and MUN, there are a lot of other cheap ones like Alberta, Manitoba, Victoria and then the classic UBC (abeg if your CGPA no high, don't even bother applying to this sch except you are a living beneficiary of divine miracles from the Most High Himself).

Finally, on the issue of English Test, no need to waste ur money on IELTS or TOEFL. U would be waived automatically by most of the schs as they recognize Nigeria as an English-speaking nation, pls take note of the word "most" because some no send you.

I'll PM you know, kindly respond so we can discuss. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2016
Although Vancouver is an expensive city to live in, i don't think you need up to $25k per year for living expenses as a student. Plus or minus $10k should be enough based on the way you wanna live a lifestyle.

Monthly rent is usually the main expense.

Riddeek:
Guys living in BC
Can a UBC grad student survive on $10k per year for personal expenses after paying for tuition? What i have been reading online is like one needs to budget $25k a year to live in Vancouver.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2016
holar2ge:
Gurus in the house, I need you candid advice.

I tried to defer my admission to Sept 2017 but was told I have to start all over again, meanwhile my TRV is still in view.
What can I do? Should I apply again and forward the new offer letter to Canadian embassy and how do I go about it.

Thanks y'all. Jahbless!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 15, 2016
oscarpellenchy:
Hello gurus in the house, what could make a VO to make this kind of comment on a fresh application? Note,applicant is female: the GCMS file showed very different,irregular and inappropriate remarks about the application making one to wanna believe the particular VO made some huge and costly mistakes in the assessment of the said application: PREVIOUS REFUSAL NOTED. PREVIOUS OFFICER HAD CONCERNS ABOUT FINANCE .PA HAS NOT SUBMITTED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPEAKING TO THIS CONCERN THAT WOULD SATISFY ME TO APPROVE THIS APPLICATION. I NOTE HE HAS BEEN OFFERED A MODEST SCHOLARSHIP,PAID OVER MULTIPLE SEMESTERS,BUT PERSONAL AND FAMILY ACCOUNTS ARE WEAK. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT APPLICANT WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT AVAILABLE FUNDS FOR TUITION AND UPKEEP DURING FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES IN CANADA.FURTHERMORE, STUDY PLAN NOT CONSISTENT WITH PAST STUDIES AND APPLICANT APPEARS TO HAVE LIMITED ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL TIES TO HOME COUNTRY AS WELL AS LIMITED TRAVELS WHICH COULD DEMONSTRATE A HISTORY OF HAVING TRAVELED AND RETURNED.BASED ON EVIDENCE......REFUSED.Urgent responses needed pls.
CC: Thesoj,Yemdogg and other gurus in the house please. thanks
If this application is your first,i am beginning to perceive lackadaisical approach, incompetence, inconsistence in some applications by the VOs in accra when they don't want to approve such application.

I also noted on your write-up above that the VO called you HE while also noting FEMALE applicant in line 1 of the sentences which further buttress my point in their lackadaisical approach.

Furthermore i may say that your STUDY PLAN is ok if it can be proven and VOs are using this as an excuse recently when they are never interested in some applications or in some cases if poorly written but I am keen to know what LEVEL OF PROGRAM YOU ARE GOING FOR? But I envisage that you might have opted for MASTERS program from what was written on ur case note about being offered modest scholarship if the VO didn't make mistakes on that too..

I may say in conclusion that if this is a masters program and you can still secure the scholarship with your intended school while reapplying for TRV, write a good LOE(humbly but not angered because your are requesting Visa from them which is not our rights but their wish) express your displeasure and even if it requires attaching this GCMS NOTE to prove the points although they have it with them,and then apply via online application so that VOs in the 1st world country will carefully and calmly assess your case if your application is luckily routed to those countries and not Accra.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oprah007(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys, I am about to apply for a Study Visa via Online but I don't know how to make the payment online as its been stated on the website that only credit cards are accepted for online payment and I do not have one. How do I go about paying? I just do not have the time to go for paper submission. Any help pls. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jamal411: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2016
Very dumb question... Don't u have friends or family or people around you to ask these kind of questions? You for send mail to CIC and ask them.

aubreyr:
Hello,
Please does Canada immigration allow you to carry Ogi/Pap and also can you carry knorr chicken? Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jamal411: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2016
Very dumb question... Don't u have friends or family or people around you to ask these kind of questions? Why don't you email CIC and ask them? Or you just feel like typing something on nairaland.

aubreyr:
Hello,
Please does Canada immigration allow you to carry Ogi/Pap and also can you carry knorr chicken? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
jamal411:
Very dumb question... Don't u have friends or family or people around you to ask these kind of questions? Why don't you email CIC and ask them? Or you just feel like typing something on nairaland.

Hahaan...@ Jamal411 yu don vex!!?.. pls try and avoid getting angry at people's post/questions/queries...ok
The pressure around is enough to make people get irritated at some post but remember the freedom of speech and expression.
Kindly just ignore such when you can't or do not have a response to them.... saves us some energy grin pele.. ma binu.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ayoadeoyatokun: 11:39am On Nov 15, 2016
Hello Justwise,

Trust this meets you well.

Please I need your expertise on re-applying for TRV for MBA program.

My previous application was bounced on the basis of purpose of visit and current employment situation.

I applied with PGC offer from seneca in May 2016/but later transfered to UNB for MBA but my application was delayed by the VO giving the above mentioned reasons.

I defered my MBA offer to Fall 2017 but I intend to apply by end of the month, i will like to confirm if the timing isnt out of order.

Also, I have written a SOP to address initial concerns raised by the VO. Kindly assist with your email as i would like you to help with its review to confirm accuracy and completeness.

I will appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
quote author=justwise post=48871944]
[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
hello guys,

my application was approved yesterday (14th of november)
I submitted on the 19th of october with upfront medicals via paper route. so it took 3 weekz for my trv to be issued.
miracles do happen, i just want everyone to believe and keep praying. Thanks folaroyal, mikymiko and the whole nairaland, you guys are doing a great job.

i submitted the family information form, study permit questionnaire and the online application form. i didnt know about the study permit form and document checklist. i was scared after discovering those mistakes.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
peridott:
hello guys,
I submitted on the 19th of october with upfront medicals via paper route. so it took 3 weekz for my trv to be issued.
miracles do happen, i just want everyone to believe and keep praying. Thanks folaroyal, mikymiko and the whole nairaland, you guys are doing a great job.
i submitted the family information form, study permit questionnaire and the online application form. i didnt know about the study permit form and document checklist. i was scared after discovering those mistakes.
Congrats, post your documents please.

3 weeks? Pretty fast smiley

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
Congratulations. All thanks to God. I tap into your testimony. I am next in the line. Please remember to share your documents for people to learn.
peridott:
hello guys,

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
peridott:
hello guys,

Awwww.... Happy for yu.... excited... ** dancing **
Reading your last post now and am smiling grin grin grin

peridott:
Hi guys, i just submitted via paper route but forgot to include the study permit check list form, i am worried guys, would this affect my application. urgent reply . please.....

Wishing you all the best!!
Regards

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2016
thanks guys,
i would list the documents this night.
still waiting for a mail from cic that my passport has been dispatched

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
AKA Peridott submitted on the 19th of October 2016.

AKA Mikymiko submitted on the 19th of October 2016.

I and Peridott share same application date. Therefore by the grace of God, I am the next in the line. I tap into the testimony of Peridott.

Congratulations Peridott. It will end in praise.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
peridott:
hello guys,

Congratulation! Such favour!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
peridott:
hello guys,

congratulations...online application form i guess you mistook for study permit form. Similarly they are same.if that form wasn't there i can hardly see the possibility, then i ll call your approval a mysterious one.
Enjoy ur TRV

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
Mikymiko:
AKA Peridott submitted on the 19th of October 2016.

AKA Mikymiko submitted on the 19th of October 2016.

I and Peridott share same application date. Therefore by the grace of God, I am the next in the line. I tap into the testimony of Peridott.

Congratulations Peridott. It will end in praise.
guy i can feel una tension..bro it's not easy till it's over..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
michV:
guy i can feel una tension..bro it's not easy till it's over..

The Lord will do his good work in our visa applications, and make us find favour with the reviewer. It is well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by adesbaba: 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
FRIENDS ...remember i told u that i perceived 2017 TRV will be high.....#MIRACLES JUST START+ JUST FAITH IT TO GET IT#......

am ADESBABA-GracedTeam...YAC.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
@peridott congratulations.pls whch sch,course,degree u are going for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
good afternoon gurus in the house. Planning on applying soon but have these questions to ask

1. My school (UBC) states in my Letter of admission that my first installment will be due the first week of my first semester, 2nd installment first week of 2nd semester, 3rd same (Note: I am going for sept) Hope its fine if l do not pay any tuition fee?

2. My 1st sponsor is my cousin in law, l and his wife do not bear the same surname. We (I and her) grew up together. I have their(my sponsor and wife: my cousin) 6 yes old wedding picture with me as ashoebi, her (my cousin) matriculation with me and her other siblings present, and marriage certificate where her family location, LGA and state of origin is written which is the same as mine. He is during an affidavit of support on my behalf and would give me other documents too. Please are these enough prove? which of these evidence should l use? what convincing reason should he state in the sponsorship letter as regards why he is sponsoring me?

3. Please l need someone here to help me go through my Statement of purpose.

Thanks a lot for your reply, acceptance and assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
good afternoon gurus in the house. Planning on applying soon but have these questions to ask
1. My school (UBC) states in my Letter of admission that my first installment will be due the first week of my first semester, 2nd installment first week of 2nd semester, 3rd same (Note: I am going for sept) Hope its fine if l do not pay any tuition fee?
2. My 1st sponsor is my cousin in law, l and his wife do not bear the same surname. We (I and her) grew up together. I have their(my sponsor and wife: my cousin) 6 years old wedding picture with me as ashoebi, her (my cousin) matriculation with me and her other siblings present, and marriage certificate where her family location, LGA and state of origin is written which is the same as mine. He is during an affidavit of support on my behalf and would give me other documents too. Please are these enough prove? which of these evidence should l use? what convincing reason should he state in the sponsorship letter as regards why he is sponsoring me?
3. Please l need someone here to help me go through my Statement of purpose.
Thanks a lot for your reply, acceptance and assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
peridott:
hello guys,

Congratulations bro.. ..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.