Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (915517 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
peridott:

University of manitoba , undergraduate, computer engineering . January intake.

congrats dear.. #pretty_miraculous.. #peridott

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
michV:
senior!! I greet,long time..and you think that is feasible with CIC?those people can't do such rather the applicant reapplying and then addressing this issue in a LOE.

thank you, I greet too, yes the applicant will need to reapply but that gcms is definitely a wrong one and she need to request another before reapplying to ascertain reason for the initial refusal

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gabrielclint(m): 6:14am On Nov 16, 2016
good morning all. I did my medicals on 14th October and was called by IOM that my medicals are been submitted on 15th. Pls what next am I suppose to do.

any university of Windsor January start here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 16, 2016
peridott:
Hey guys,

Documents submitted;
Online application form
Study permit questionnaire
Family information form
Original passport
Siblings international passports and BC's
Parents international passports
Letter of offer from school
Letter of acceptance
Receipts - half tuition payment for 1 year
4 months accommodation payment receipt
Waec result
Letter of recommendation from school
Parents company statement of accounts - 3 accounts with letter from Bank that they are sole signatory of the accounts
Parents personal statement of accounts with very good inflow and outflow of money.
Parents company cert of incorporation + form CO7,CO2 & articles of memorandum.
Parents personal tax clearance certificate
Parents company tax clearance certificate
Ielts result (band 7)
My share certificates
My landed properties (2) - survey plan and agreement
Parents landed properties- deed of assignment
Parents shares (CSIC statement of account)
Affidavit of support from parents notarized
Letter of consent from parents notarized
Police character certificate
Parents source of income - invoices of purchases for business
Recommendation letter from former school
My personal statement of purpose (1 page)
Upfront medical slip
If you have any questions to ask feel free
Please did you submit photocopies or original?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by peridott: 6:26am On Nov 16, 2016
I submitted original international passport, bank statements and statement of purpose while all other documents were copies.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oscarpellenchy: 6:31am On Nov 16, 2016
yemdogg:

There must have been a mistake somewhere.

I think she should reapply. With a strong sop.

Buh my advice is for her to look for a masters degree which is finance related. The big question is....why would a chartered accountant with 7 years of work experience go for a PGD? Why not MBA or some other striking master's degree in finance/business.

Lemme ask you what was stated in the refusal letter itself. Cos apparently it seems the gcms notes applied for on your wife's behalf may not be apposite to her profile. There must have been a mistake either from the person filling the atip/gcms notes forms or maybe the VO made a mistake in recording her data.

If the tuition is 7k per semester what is the duration of the entire program? How many semester in total. Whatever your outcome is add it with 10k cad. When you add these together is the naira equivalent sufficient?

As it is now, in view of the circumstance you still don't know the real reason for refusal. Try and apply for another gcms notes to be sure. If you cannot do that, tell us the reason stated on the refusal letter so that we can make a calculated guess on the reason for refusal and tackle it head-on.

Thank you all guys for those valuable and timely responses..@ Folaroyal,Michv,Yemdogg,Tarry and other gurus...The reasons ticked for the refusal of her application were:
1. Purpose of Studies
2. Personal Assets and Finance.
Will also be open to available MBA or Msc Finance options that an HND /ACA with some years of experience can apply for please. Much love guys...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cribking1(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Guys please where can I do medicals in Lagos and how much does it costs as I will be going for upfront medicals too. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Preciouzsss: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2016
Gabrielclint:
good morning all. I did my medicals on 14th October and was called by IOM that my medicals are been submitted on 15th. Pls what next am I suppose to do.

any university of Windsor January start here?

Yes........ waiting on TRV too. Hopefully we get "the call" soon. Good morning everyone

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Claroo(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2016
yemdogg:

Recommendation letters should be either academic or professional. So recommendation letters written by family or friend do not carry any weight in most cases they're usually discountenanced.

Llm at University of Manitoba requires 3 recommendation letters. You can mix your recommendation letters I.e academic and professional.
However, I strongly advise you to submit academic recommendation letters particularly because it carries much weight. Ensure to have a lecturer who taught you or/and your supervisor during your research paper in final year to provide you with recommendation letters.
Thanks bro.....i really appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Cribking1(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2016
Please where did you do your medicals and what is the cost?
Preciouzsss:

Yes........ waiting on TRV too. Hopefully we get "the call" soon. Good morning everyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 16, 2016
Cribking1:
Guys please where can I do medicals in Lagos and how much does it costs as I will be going for upfront medicals too. Thanks
Q-life seems the cheapest in lagos @ N28,000 ... IOM charges N40,000 . Q-life is in Victoria Island... off Ajose Adeogun. They also use e-medical; reports are sent same day or next.
Regards

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Preciouzsss: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2016
Cribking1:
Please where did you do your medicals and what is the cost?

IOM - Abuja. It was N40,200 as at then....just last month anyway
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taniA123(f): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2016
Preciouzsss:

IOM - Abuja. It was N40,200 as at then....just last month anyway

yes and IOM is cheaper than abuja clinics maitama, i did mine for 40,200 also
im going there with my cousin today so ill check the current price and post it here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wanaj0: 10:36am On Nov 16, 2016
Someone applied for study permit on 12th of July. It was an online application. Received request for passport today without any letter for medicals. Is this normal? When will medicals be done? How long on the average before the passport is returned ? Will there be a letter for medicals after?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2016
Its like online applications are taking so long to be considered or reviewed. i submitted on October 8 , biometrics on October 11. But noting yet about medicals.

wanaj0:
Someone applied for study permit on 12th of July. It was an online application. Received request for passport today without any letter for medicals. Is this normal? When will medicals be done? How long on the average before the passport is returned ? Will there be a letter for medicals after?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2016
@ Folaroyal,
which of the hospitals in lagos use e-medicals and submit report same day ?

Folaroyal:

Q-life seems the cheapest in lagos @ N28,000 ... IOM charges N40,000 . Q-life is in Victoria Island... off Ajose Adeogun. They also use e-medical; reports are sent same day or next.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2016
yes Nony1
UofR, Jan 2017.
TRV application submitted but no update yet from CIC

Nony1:
Greetings everyone,

How many days does it take for vfs to call for passport pick up?

Anyone heading to Saskatchewan by January 2017?

#Trv hopefuls please don't give up on God, remember that we are the Finished work of Christ!

#teamusask
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2016
Congrat Iruomaz63,
just give the TRV application a shot. if u dont get the TRV before Jan, you can defer till may or sept.

iruomaz63:
Hi good afternoon. I have read through most of the posts and I have gained so much information. Thank you nairalanders.
I just got a conditional admission into University of Regina. I am planning on going in January. I know it's a short time but am really trusting God. Please I was wondering which is the fastest route to take; paper or online route.
I am doing an upfront medicals and I have sent my official transcript to the school which shoukd get there by friday (reason for the conditional letter).
Am planning on submitting my application this week. Please I need your suggestions, paper or online?
Thank you for your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 16, 2016
joblinks1:
yes Nony1
UofR, Jan 2017.
TRV application submitted but no update yet from CIC

It will end in praise.

When did you submit?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:41am On Nov 16, 2016
i submitted online October 8 , biometrics on October 11. But noting yet about medicals.

Nony1:

It will end in praise.

When did you submit?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 16, 2016
joblinks1:
i submitted online October 8 , biometrics on October 11. But noting yet about medicals.

You should hear from them soon.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 16, 2016
joblinks1:

Online applicants do receive their medical call towards approval/decision time. So don't worry please.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mikymiko where did you do your upfront medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nwugon(f): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
Please guys I need a sample SOP to enable me draft mine.God bless and grant us our heart desires.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lyndaugochukwu(f): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
pls oooh nony1, ajayi4 and other gurus pls answer me.

good afternoon gurus in the house. Planning on applying soon but have these questions to ask
1. My school (UBC) states in my Letter of admission that my first installment will be due the first week of my first semester, 2nd installment first week of 2nd semester, 3rd same (Note: I am going for sept) Hope its fine if l do not pay any tuition fee?
2. My 1st sponsor is my cousin in law, l and his wife do not bear the same surname. We (I and her) grew up together. I have their(my sponsor and wife: my cousin) 6 years old wedding picture with me as ashoebi, her (my cousin) matriculation with me and her other siblings present, and marriage certificate where her family location, LGA and state of origin is written which is the same as mine. He is during an affidavit of support on my behalf and would give me other documents too. Please are these enough prove? which of these evidence should l use? what convincing reason should he state in the sponsorship letter as regards why he is sponsoring me?
3. Please l need someone here to help me go through my Statement of purpose.
Thanks a lot for your reply, acceptance and assistance.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
Igbouwanile:
Mikymiko where did you do your upfront medicals?
At consultants practice Ikoyi Lagos as at April.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iruomaz63: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thank you..
joblinks1:
Congrat Iruomaz63,
just give the TRV application a shot. if u dont get the TRV before Jan, you can defer till may or sept.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iruomaz63: 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thank you. My school sent it themselves. They made use of dhl.
iruomaz63:
Thank you. My school sent it themselves. I believe they made use of dhl.
HTC2017:
Congrats, first of all! You can gain easy traction on the online route.
Quick one, did you use UPS or FedEx for your dispatch to your school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.