Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (915475 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xtus(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
tzipporah:
PLS OOOO FOR THOSE IN CANADA OR WHO HAVE THE INFO. TWO QUESTIONS PLS..... YOU CAN ROUGHLY ESTIMATE IF YOU ARE SURE.

1. HOW MANY HOURS WOULD A 9 CREDIT HOUR STUDENT BE GIVEN TO WORK?

2. LIKE HOW MUCH WOULD THEY PAY PER HOUR?

ONLY IF YOU KNOW PLLEASE.

MANY THANKS
JAH BLESS

All international students in Canada are allowed to work 20hrs/week and up to 40hrs during summer holiday regardless if you doing your masters program or undergraduate program.

Alberta $12.20
British Columbia $10.85
Manitoba $11.00
New Brunswick $10.65
Newfoundland and Labrador $10.50
Northwest Territories $12.50
Nova Scotia $10.70
Nunavut $13.00
Ontario $11.40
Prince Edward Island $11.00
Quebec $10.75
Saskatchewan $10.75
Yukon $11.07

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by xtus(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Ajayi4:
My good people of Nairaland, as I promised, the following are the items submitted by me. Don't mind the volume o.

All CIC Forms
Admission Letter with Funding (not full)
Minimum Expenses Letter printed on school website
Accept/Decline form
Defer Letter from department
Marriage certificate
Bio data and visa pages of my previous travel (I am a Fulbright USA scholar)
My Birth Certificate
Voters card
Letters of Appointment present and past( worked part time as Tutorial Master of my university for 4 years)
Letter of promotion
Pay slips( was afraid poor pay, but explained why I chose the low pay job)
Tax clearance
Transcript
BA certificate
Pension statement not up to 450,000 (did not submit my salary acc. nothing there)
Letter of Introduction from work
Letter of Assumption of current duty
Recommendation letter from undergraduate as one of the best students
NCCF Certificate as Drama director
NYSC Drama unit certificate of membership
WAEC Certificate
Four recommendations letters from professors of school I taught as Fulbright scholar in America
Certificates of conferences, seminars, symposia I attended in the US.
Fulbright Certificate
CV
Passport
police reports
Wife Birth Certificate
Children birth certificates
Letter of support from wife
ID Card of company

For sponsors

Sponsor 1 Cousin with same surname
Letter of Sponsorship
Letter from his bank that he is my sponsor
Letter of Approval of businesses
CAC form 2 and 7 of buzs
Certificate of incorporation of bizs
land deed
survey plan of lands
passport bio data page
marriage certificate
2 bank statemnts with running of 18 m, but balance of 450,000

2nD Sponsor Inlaw
Letter of Sponsorship
Passport and visa pages
Uk and US Visa pages
C OFO
Survey plans of all lands
Letter of commendation by Lagos govt on land use charge payment
Cerfiticates of shares in abt 5 banks and cooperatives
2 bank statements with balance of 3.4 m.
I think these are all. Sorry for boring you with my details

hello, plz I just sent u an email can you reply back as I got something I need to ask of u. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluine56(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2016
Mikymiko:
Okay.......
As per Home ties nko?
Is adding one's personal property an added advantage regardless of age?

Cc MichV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iruomaz63: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Thank u. Please what do you mean by link it online afterwards.

Igbouwanile:

Even though this particular question has been answered several times, I would suggest u go for paper route submission at VFS Lekki, with your upfront medical then link it online afterwards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
toluine56:

As per Home ties nko?
Is adding one's personal property an added advantage regardless of age?
Cc MichV
yes it serves as home tie,if according to your profile a VO may be looking for JUST that to grant you visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluine56(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
michV:
yes it serves as home tie,if according to your profile a VO may be just looking for JUST that to grant you visa
Alrite
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hammed71(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
Angelaabj:

Let me get back to you tomorrow please.
. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dmuchwells(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello my honorable people in the house.... I want to study at Canada and want to sponsor myself.... What are the documents I need... Just with secondary school certificate.... Tnx.. Will really appreciate any1 that help me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
iruomaz63:
Thank u. Please what do you mean by link it online afterwards.

It comes after your paper application submission whereby you create MyCIC account and supply details same with your paper application content, if found in their database you link it online & get all live updates & messages as regards your application. It shouldn't bother you now because it'z optional, submit first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
dmuchwells:
Hello my honorable people in the house.... I want to study at Canada and want to sponsor myself.... What are the documents I need... Just with secondary school certificate.... Tnx.. Will really appreciate any1 that help me

Your question isn't specific for one to know how & where to contribute.. what do you want to study and in which school, also what credentials have you got?.. a quick search on this forum will give you all the answers you need am 99.9% sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dmuchwells(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Igbouwanile:

Your question isn't specific for one to know how & where to contribute.. what do you want to study and in which school, also what credentials have you got?.. a quick search on this forum will give you all the answers you need am 99.9% sure

Engineering course

I love Lethbridge in Canada

Am with a waec result
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
taiwo92:
pls I need help. I want to apply to university of Saskatchewan for masters in civil engineering msc. my question is must I fill the pre qualification form and still contact any supervisor. thanks
of course its not compulsory for you to fill the pre qualification form.
Its just a way of saving your money and time, if your CGPA doesn't meet up with their requirements then you won't be picked, but if u have a very strong GPA you can apply straight away but i'll advise you to still fill the pre qualification form, afterall you have nothing to lose.
As for supervisors, its not compulsory you contact b4 filling the "pre qualification form", you will indicate those you would like to work with and then the form will be sent to them for analysis of your academic qualifications, then if you get a positive response from thr department, then you can contact each of the 3profs differently to know which one picked you and to choose him as your preferred supervisor while applying.
One other thing you should also know is that, you might end up with a totally different supervisor if your preferred supervisor does not pick you and another supervisor is impressed by your academic qualifications/research ability.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Leakingbasket(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
tzipporah:
PLS OOOO FOR THOSE IN CANADA OR WHO HAVE THE INFO. TWO QUESTIONS PLS..... YOU CAN ROUGHLY ESTIMATE IF YOU ARE SURE.

1. HOW MANY HOURS WOULD A 9 CREDIT HOUR STUDENT BE GIVEN TO WORK?

2. LIKE HOW MUCH WOULD THEY PAY PER HOUR?

ONLY IF YOU KNOW PLLEASE.

MANY THANKS
JAH BLESS

I see someone has already responded to your post and given you the answer you needed so i won't repeat that. What i just want to add is that if you are expecting to survive/pay fees by working, please rethink. Make sure you have enough funds from your sponsor. If you are hoping to pay your fees or survive based on earnings from working alone, trust me, it's hard.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by luckyprince(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
congrats

Nony1:
Thank you all for congratulating me.

This forum is changing lifes for good. A very big thank you to the originator of this group and to us all for our contributions. This forum is really an indication that there are Nigerians interested in contributing to National development.

The documents I submitted are:

All Cic forms
Letter of acceptance
Letter of scholarship award(16k)
Dads Statement of account (1.6M)
Letter of financial support
Affidavit of support
Birth certificate of siblings and parents
Statement of purpose
Ielts result
University of Cambridge advanced level certificate
Senior secondary school certificate
Certificate of participation in Nanotechnology : global perspective organised by Lincoln University Missouri USA
Cv
Undergraduate statement of result
Transcript
My birth certificate
Prayers
Giving
Thanksgiving

#God is the best agent.

#Teamusask

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello everyone , here's a quick one;

Has anyone on this thread ever gotten a trv with their sponsor's SOA of 4 months transaction history?

I understand that typically, a lot of people submit sponsor's SOA with 6 months transaction history. Although what is stated on CIC website is 4months SOA.

Pls anyone who's vast in this subject should shed more light on this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
@Riddeck thank you very much but there is no place in the form where i can choose profs(supervisor).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
taiwo92:
@Riddeck thank you very much but there is no place in the form where i can choose profs(supervisor).
Then don't bother abt that, probably that was for ECE or maybe i was mistaken
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
dmuchwells:

Engineering course

I love Lethbridge in Canada

Am with a waec result

Go to the school undergraduate website, check their requirements, if eligible, you apply, once you meet all requirements you will be given admission, with your admission letter apply for your study permit with other supporting documents, try check page 0 of this thread to see list of TRV documents.

did you say you are sponsoring yourself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dmuchwells(m): 8:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
Igbouwanile:

Go to the school undergraduate website, check their requirements, if eligible, you apply, once you meet all requirements you will be given admission, with your admission letter apply for your study permit with other supporting documents, try check page 0 of this thread to see list of TRV documents.

did you say you are sponsoring yourself?

Yes.. Want to sponsor my cos my last six months account statement is very high
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2016
yemdogg:
Hello everyone , here's a quick one;

Has anyone on this thread ever gotten a trv with their sponsor's SOA of 4 months transaction history?

I understand that typically, a lot of people submit sponsor's SOA with 6 months transaction history. Although what is stated on CIC website is 4months SOA.

Pls anyone who's vast in this subject should shed more light on this.
Most applicants normally would use guidance and instructions from CIC website and the VISA office the intend to apply from and of which the nigeria office instructions stipulate a minimum of 6 months SOA. Paper route applicants will most likely adhere to this instructions but since on CIC website a 4 months SOA is required, I believe this can suffice mainly with the online route as possibly the application is reviewed in a different VISA office other than the one serving the applicant's region of residence. So which ever one applies to you,your choice of application and instructions should best guide you.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
@Riddeck what is ECE are u student there also i mean uni of sas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by calalili2018: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Gymme:
See, i am just gonna advise you based on my experience and that of a friend.

First, i won't advise you guys to apply for Visiting Visa because it seems they hardly (if they have not totally stopped) give Visiting visa to someone with a spouse in Canada.

It is a bit late as someone rightly said. However, i believe you should still put in the application for SOWP since you still have atleast 6 months on your study permit. This is because you need to get a job in Skill Level O, A or B with your PGWP which is the requirement to grant SOWP : A job in skill level O, A or B

Nevertheless, if you are sure you will get a job in level O, A or B, then you can wait till you get your PGWP before you apply for SOWP.

Why would they not want to give a spouse visiting visa? what if the spouse is not ready for open work permit? just want to visit and go back. I dont think this is correct
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
taiwo92:
@Riddeck what is ECE are u student there also i mean uni of sas
no, i am a prospective applicant just like you, i am just waiting for my scopeless sch to end their protest, organize convocation and hand over my certificate and transcript before i apply. So right now the VC of my sch has just paused my progress and i hope he does not forget to press play soon.
ECE means Electrical and Computer Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by KayPapi: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
As a current international student from UK/US, is it advisable to apply for TRV from there as you cannot leave studies to apply from home country ?

Also with a strong SOP and home ties, would that be fine..

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
Which schl is that. Are u serving nw
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by oscarpellenchy: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, what could make a VO to make this kind of comment on a fresh application? Note,applicant is female: the GCMS file showed very different,irregular and inappropriate remarks about the application making one to wanna believe the particular VO made some huge and costly mistakes in the assessment of the said application: PREVIOUS REFUSAL NOTED.PREVIOUS OFFICER HAD CONCERNS ABOUT FINANCE.PA HAS NOT SUBMITTED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPEAKING TO THIS CONCERN THAT WOULD SATISFY ME TO APPROVE THIS APPLICATION.I NOTE HE HAS BEEN OFFERED A MODEST SCHOLARSHIP,PAID OVER MULTIPLE SEMESTERS,BUT PERSONAL AND FAMILY ACCOUNTS ARE WEAK. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT APPLICANT WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT AVAILABLE FUNDS FOR TUITION AND UPKEEP DURING FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES IN CANADA.FURTHERMORE, STUDY PLAN NOT CONSISTENT WITH PAST STUDIES AND APPLICANT APPEARS TO HAVE LIMITED ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL TIES TO HOME COUNTRY AS WELL AS LIMITED TRAVELS WHICH COULD DEMONSTRATE A HISTORY OF HAVING TRAVELED AND RETURNED.BASED ON EVIDENCE......REFUSED.Urgent responses needed pls.
CC: Thesoj,Yemdogg and other gurus in the house please. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
dmuchwells:

Yes.. Want to sponsor my cos my last six months account statement is very high

okay, but high account statement isn't the issue, ask yourself, if the account is credible enough and also if their is continuity in the flow of money into the account.. mind you presenting account goes in hand with proof of source of income to the account, so if you are into business or you have been working show proof of that, so as to convince the VO's their is continuity of flow of funds into the account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dmuchwells(m): 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
Igbouwanile:

okay, but high account statement isn't the issue, ask yourself, if the account is credible enough and also if their is continuity in the flow of money into the account.. mind you presenting account goes in hand with proof of source of income to the account, so if you are into business or you have been working show proof of that, so as to convince the VO's their is continuity of flow of funds into the account.

Thanks... There will always be a continuous flow of money even if am out of the country... Thank for the advice.. Have started learning .. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 15, 2016
KayPapi:
As a current international student from UK/US, is it advisable to apply for TRV from there as you cannot leave studies to apply from home country ?

Also with a strong SOP and home ties, would that be fine..

Thanks

Biko apply from there
If you go naija go apply na 16weeks be that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 15, 2016
oscarpellenchy:
Hello gurus in the house, what could make a VO to make this kind of comment on a fresh application? Note,applicant is female: the GCMS file showed very different,irregular and inappropriate remarks about the application making one to wanna believe the particular VO made some huge and costly mistakes in the assessment of the said application: PREVIOUS REFUSAL NOTED.PREVIOUS OFFICER HAD CONCERNS ABOUT FINANCE.PA HAS NOT SUBMITTED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPEAKING TO THIS CONCERN THAT WOULD SATISFY ME TO APPROVE THIS APPLICATION.I NOTE HE HAS BEEN OFFERED A MODEST SCHOLARSHIP,PAID OVER MULTIPLE SEMESTERS,BUT PERSONAL AND FAMILY ACCOUNTS ARE WEAK. I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT APPLICANT WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT AVAILABLE FUNDS FOR TUITION AND UPKEEP DURING FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES IN CANADA.FURTHERMORE, STUDY PLAN NOT CONSISTENT WITH PAST STUDIES AND APPLICANT APPEARS TO HAVE LIMITED ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL TIES TO HOME COUNTRY AS WELL AS LIMITED TRAVELS WHICH COULD DEMONSTRATE A HISTORY OF HAVING TRAVELED AND RETURNED.BASED ON EVIDENCE......REFUSED.Urgent responses needed pls.
CC: Thesoj,Yemdogg and other gurus in the house please. thanks

But really the points are clearly spelt out.... its a guide to work on..... Except of course we didn't hear you well... saying its a fresh application!!

1. PA has been challenged of not supplying additional info or documents with reference to initial application.
2. Personal funding which is aside of scholarship was declared inadequate.
3. Economic ties in form of employment/business and social ties in the form of families may not have been properly established.
4. Inconsistent with choice of progam which should have been in relation to educational background and or employment was also noticed. What's your last course of study? Which program did you opt for? (Purpose of study)!!!
5. VO finally took advantage of preexisting facts to nail PA on travel history; which would not have been a strong factor on its own.
My advise..... if PA intends to reapply; kindly attend to 1-5 above in details... getting assistance from experienced members where required!
Trust me.... it's something you can work on.... alongside a strong SoP.
Note always that the long and short of all this is that a VO wants us to convince him/her that we'll return to our home country after studies/visits.

But if this is a fresh application and most of the issues mentioned does not refer to PA then its really a blunder and you should respond with a very very strong LoE! You can nail them hard but again you have to still reapply.
Good luck!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kennynelcon(m): 1:55am On Nov 15, 2016
Riddeek:
no, i am a prospective applicant just like you, i am just waiting for my scopeless sch to end their protest, organize convocation and hand over my certificate and transcript before i apply. So right now the VC of my sch has just paused my progress and i hope he does not forget to press play soon.
ECE means Electrical and Computer Engineering
Guy we're on the same track... but I don't know if it's the same Naija uni.
Will combine USask n UAlberta.
I pray they release transcript very soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.